What to do

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=26100

2extempore

09-11-2005 21:49:57

I've been trying to finish the 3604free and flashipods4free sites. Most of the regulars on this site have already done these sites, so to get refs I usually have to find some people who are really new.

The problem I am having with this is that five times now I've agreed to a trade with someone, then they sign up for the site and then disappear. They never go green and I never really hear from them again.

One guy agreed to do 3604free and then disappeared for a month, then showed up and said he gave up on free sites. Another one said he completed an offer, but it's been three weeks and no green and he doesn't get the PM's I sent. Another one it has been 5 weeks, no green doesn't get PM's. One of them actually did go green, but he never gave me his link, so I can't do his site and he hasn't gotten the PM I sent to give me his link.

So my problem is, I can't wait for these guys to go green, it probably will never happen. But I don't want to move on and finish the site and then they show up, go green and want there money. Two of them I traded with for the FreePay ipodnano site, and yourfreevideoipods site. There are lots of other people I could trade with for these sites, but I feel like I can't because I already agreed with these guys for a trade. But like I said, they probably will never show up again.

So what am I supposed to do? Just accept that if the people I agreed to pay show up I have to pay them and never do the other two sites in case those guys show up one day?

I know that the mods say a trade is a trade with no time restrictions. I understand why, and I've had people I went green for take over month to go green for me and I was fine with that because the person kept up communication. But it's different when the person just totally disappears. I don’t want to mistreat anybody, but I hate having to wonder if they will ever show up again and I’ll have to pay them or do their site. What if it’s three months from now?

It's just really frustrating!

What does everybody else think?

kdollar

09-11-2005 21:56:42

ive had the same problem too, i wait forever, some disappear, some show up green the day i get someone to do an instant, and i waste a ref or 2, just suck it up, keep tryin to finish the site.

2extempore

09-11-2005 22:05:20

Yeah, I know. In the end it's not that big of a deal, just a little annoying. But what about the two sites I've agreed to do for people that disappeared. Should I just not do those sites incase they show up, or go ahead and do them and offer money to the people if they show up and want a ref?

Daggoth

09-11-2005 22:12:19

Easiest way to solve the problem - Get a mod to pm them. If they don't answer or give any information on the trade, then you can request deletion and the trades over. If they ever call you a scammer, show them the pm from the mod that it was okay to request deletion.

If they do reply, then just finish the trade.