Eminem - Curtain Call

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25949

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 05:28:00

This is going to be a CD of just mostly his hits, but there are like 4 or 5 new tracks. Anyone here like eminem? Im deffinatly going to buy this CD, becasue who knows how many more he will put out. Anyways here is the one of the tracks from it, its called When I'm Gone. What do you guys think?

Link http//s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3E0WYR34S1UNO3HSNG686U4IJ0

I like it, its pretty depressing, but he says some real shit on there.

Gigante

08-11-2005 06:30:54

the YSI link is already down.

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 06:31:40

fixed,thanks for telling me man.

Gigante

08-11-2005 06:38:46

Any idea when the CD will be released? don't see a full release out yet.

Gigante

08-11-2005 06:39:42

Nevermind, comes out December 6th I think.

Thanks for the upload, ima listen to it in a second and tell you what I think.

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 06:41:20

I read somewhere December 6th, and cd's usually leak 2-3 weeks before release.

400th post, is that an accomplishment? D

Gigante

08-11-2005 07:04:16

grats man. yeah, can't wait for this drop. This song is hott.

tracemhunter

08-11-2005 07:04:21

i have read that he is actually considering ending his career as an artist and focusing more on producing.

drunkmonkey

08-11-2005 08:44:08

I like Eminem. I really do. But this is a sell-out. First of all, IMO, you don't make a "Greatest Hits" after only 4 albums (I'm not counting the 2 before he went mainstream). I'd say 90% of his fans own all 4 albums. So he puts 4 new songs on his "Greatest Hits" album. Why? So people who have all the others will pay full price for a 4-song cd. Second, he's promoting his album on an iPod commercial. I thought only Destiny's Child and Aerosmith pulled crap like that.

He's been playing solely to the MTV crowd since "The Eminem Show". It's pathetic.

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 08:57:12

I used to think that he sold out too, but you need to listen to the lyrics man. Its not his fault he appealed to the teen crowd when he came out. That man tells a story whenever he raps, there are only like 4 other rappers that can really tell a story like he does. This new song that he released, he is talking about his life, and how he really feels. He spits his raps with so much emotion its crazy, do you really think he likes all the publicity he gets? I think most people listen to eminem for how it sounds, and not the lyrics.

drunkmonkey

08-11-2005 09:20:29

Oh, his lyrics are great, when he wants them to be. I love most of his songs. But then you get crap like "Just Lose It", "Puke", and "My 1st Single" on his last album, and you wonder why he's doing it. Let's face it, on every album, the first single released has sucked. But they weren't made for people who listen to the lyrics. They were made for the teeny-bopper crowd whose favorite artists consist of Sum 41, Jessica Simpson, and Eminem. I just wish he would go back to the style of The Marshall Mathers LP, that was a great album.

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 09:30:34

I agree, and your right, the reason he makes those songs for the teeny crowd. I remmeber watching a documentary about him, and he was saying how everytime he has an album, he has to come out with some songs like that, it used to be his style, crazy off the wall lyrics. Then people began to expect that from him, so whenever he has to write an album, he has to put songs in there. I remember him saying how hard it was to have to write a song that people are supposed to like. But yeah, I agree, he has fell off some since the marshal mather lp, but every rapper does. Take a listen to "places to go" by 50 cent on the 8 mile soundtrack, and then listen to "window shopper", every rapper falls off to an extent. Eminem isn't going to have another song like "rabbit run", just because he grew up. He used to rap with so much anger, but im sure after alot of therapy, and growing up, his style has changed. He has changed, however I dont think he sold out, he still brings it every album.

tracemhunter

08-11-2005 11:29:27

a lot of artists go downhill after they get big (kanye west is a good example). in the beginning the artists have something to talk about and after the first or second album they have everything off their chest so then they are just writing songs to write songs for another album to fulfill their contract. i personally thought the slim shady lp was his best even though infinite came out before that.

PoPoJiJo

08-11-2005 16:46:37

yeah he is supposed to be "retiring" hence the name of the cd, but I doubt he'll stay retired, anyways im still real excited about curtain call

Th3Great1

08-11-2005 17:55:02

em is one of the most overrated rappers ever....

Cash4Cookies

08-11-2005 17:59:07

[quoteef93d0de66="Th3Great1"]em is one of the most overrated rappers ever....[/quoteef93d0de66]

why do you say that? I mean, really, listen to Rabbit Run for its lyrics. How can he be overrated when he tells a complete story. He doesn't rap about bullshit like 96% of rappers do. So please, tell me why you think he is overrated.

Th3Great1

08-11-2005 18:11:06

there are rappers that destroy eminem (immortal technique, talib kweli, mos def, mf doom, dead prez), just because he's white and he sells records doesnt mean he is one of the greatest rapper, he is mediocre

EBPIsMaR

08-11-2005 18:20:08

[quotec942cf17cf="Th3Great1"]there are rappers that destroy eminem (immortal technique, talib kweli, mos def, mf doom, dead prez), just because he's white and he sells records doesnt mean he is one of the greatest rapper, he is mediocre[/quotec942cf17cf]

IT is sickkk az hell.. KRACK

but

Eminem old shit, like SSLP and MMLP is probly classic, and thats whats gonna be on this cd

DEFF wont buy this, i dont like buyin shit from artists that are doing good, i bought Sheek Louch album today and YES yall should too..

you can catch links for this on RapGodFathers.com/forum in music section along with lot of other things

EBPIsMaR

08-11-2005 18:21:37

[quotef9642f8d9b="Cash4Cookies"][quotef9642f8d9b="Th3Great1"]em is one of the most overrated rappers ever....[/quotef9642f8d9b]

why do you say that? I mean, really, listen to Rabbit Run for its lyrics. How can he be overrated when he tells a complete story. He doesn't rap about bullshit like 96% of rappers do. So please, tell me why you think he is overrated.[/quotef9642f8d9b]

because some artists like Nas and GhostFace Killah tell a story 10x better and havent sold 1/10 of what he sold, okay maybe nas sold 1/3 but ghost didnt sell 1/10

justinag06

08-11-2005 19:27:15

I dont really listen to rap, but from an entertainers perspective I can guarantee you eminem is going to make plenty more albums.

Dr. Dre? he might hang it up, he doesnt tend to release as much garbage as the next rapper. Since his releases are always about 5 yrs apart anyhow, it would be easy for him to be gone

Jay-Z? we'll hear from him in no more than 2 years

eminem isnt going to go away for long. All musicians pull this retirement shit all the time, its a hoax when their popularity is down to build it back up when they come back.

It seems to be happening a lot with rappers more and more, and for different reasons. Rappers like to go out on top, before they get knocked out. So when they come back they are still the greatest, and yes they all come back.

Dre did, now Mase came back. Jayz and eminem will also