not impressed

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25890

btones

07-11-2005 14:19:11

I run a freebie related site and am testing out this forum because I was considering linking to it on my site. However my experience thus far has been horrible.

I have attempted 2 trades and been screwed both times. I guess there are a lot of dishonest people roaming around this forum.

If you make a post asking for a trade in the trading section you will get 4 responses from wannabe MODS telling you to read the rules and to make sure to say "I'm a noob" and "lower TR goes first" in your post because these are improtant rules.

Well first of all there is no need to tell people you are a noob. If you have only a few trades and a 0 TR it can pretty much be assumed you are a noob.

Secondly, if it is the law of the land that TR 0 goes first shouldn't that just be implied in a post. I see no need to state that fact. Maybe if someone with a TR 0 made a post that asked the other person to go first you should explain the rules to them but it seems pointless to mention this rule in your post if you don't mention anything about someone going first to begin with.

So between getting screwed over 2 out of 2 times and the extremely childish and annoying responses being posted I think it is safe to say I will not be recommending this forum to my visitors.

I hope most of you are having a better experience with this site than i did.

cheers

goofygarber

07-11-2005 14:21:09

I'm sorry you've not a had a good experience, but personally I've got nothing but hugs and kisses for FiPG, they've been great to me.

JUNIOR6886

07-11-2005 14:27:09

[quoteaef2ae8a08="btones"]I run a freebie related site and am testing out this forum because I was considering linking to it on my site. However my experience thus far has been horrible.

I have attempted 2 trades and been screwed both times. I guess there are a lot of dishonest people roaming around this forum.

If you make a post asking for a trade in the trading section you will get 4 responses from wannabe MODS telling you to read the rules and to make sure to say "I'm a noob" and "lower TR goes first" in your post because these are improtant rules.

Well first of all there is no need to tell people you are a noob. If you have only a few trades and a 0 TR it can pretty much be assumed you are a noob.

Secondly, if it is the law of the land that TR 0 goes first shouldn't that just be implied in a post. I see no need to state that fact. Maybe if someone with a TR 0 made a post that asked the other person to go first you should explain the rules to them but it seems pointless to mention this rule in your post if you don't mention anything about someone going first to begin with.

So between getting screwed over 2 out of 2 times and the extremely childish and annoying responses being posted I think it is safe to say I will not be recommending this forum to my visitors.

I hope most of you are having a better experience with this site than i did.

cheers[/quoteaef2ae8a08]

Oh shit... once all 4 unique visitors from your "freebie relate site" get wind of your bad experience were in trouble lol

KeithA

07-11-2005 14:27:36

You raise some good points. I think it's important to note that those two rules (announcing your n00bish status and going first)--along with the rule that somene with a TR of 0 must trade with someone whose TR is 2 or greater--are partially intended to protect new traders. (If n00bs went second, how would anyone establish credibility?)

The requirement that you note those things in your post is likely intended to give pause to other n00bs that may not have read the rules.

Theysayjump has recently addressed the general treatment of n00bs, and your post reinforces his point. But don't be too quick to judge the overall forum--there isn't anything else quite like it.

Cash4Cookies

07-11-2005 14:29:26

the reason you have to state that you will go first, is so that perosn actually knows lower TR goes first. So many times I have had a trade ready to go, when the person with the 2 tr says, heres my link, I will go green once you do. It sucks that you have had such a bad time here, but as you will begin to realize that 75% of the people on the internet think they are smarter and better than the next person, its just how it goes man.

Stroid

07-11-2005 14:34:38

well basically the noob comments arent needed but as much as we would like to think that the new person goes first its not always understood that way. These are our rules and you must follow them the reason people tell you in the thread is because they dont want to see you banned for not following the rules. And since you run a site with a forum i would think you would read and follow the rules of another site.

hehehhehe

07-11-2005 14:42:37

My first trades on this forum were with notorious scammers (they are on the worst trader's list on top) and had a good fill of childish BS right off the bat even though I avoided getting scammed.

If someone here calls you a noob, just ignore them. People who often do that do so since they have nothing/nowhere else where they can feel superior.

Although I agree with some of your comments, I doubt anyone here cares if you're impressed or not. I am, however, sorry that you got scammed. How did you get screwed exactly? Have you tried asking the mods to help you?

johnjimjones

07-11-2005 14:51:05

I say don't give up, my 2/3 of my first trades I was scammed and I stuck with it and traded with higher TRs and I'm fine now. You just have to be careful and check these forums to see if the trader is who they say they are and if they are legit. Make sure you use the trade module and be suspicious of anyone rushing the trade. I suggest not posting your AIM until you're an established trader (I still don't) because using AIM is a good way for a scammer to scam.

btones

07-11-2005 15:00:10

well I wasn't asking anyone to care if I was impressed or not. I was merely just stating my opinion.

i wasn't trying to say that my visitors would make a difference on the success of this forum. I was just stating that I wouldn't be linking to this childish forum and your comment junior 6886 attempting to take a shot at my site further proves my point.

johnjimjones

07-11-2005 15:03:05

I think you have a point that there are a lot of people that post bullshit and unnecessary comments. Noobs aren't very well taken here, I think.

lalalala

07-11-2005 15:57:22

Why exactly did you feel the need to tell us that you wont be linking here from your site? I too am sorry that you got scammed, although there are many steps taken by ADMIN/the Mods to ensure you dont get scammed, you just need to utilize all of them to reduce your risk. But again, what exactly were you hoping to accomplish by posting this

[quote75cdeeab2a="btones"]I was just stating that I wouldn't be linking to this childish forum[/quote75cdeeab2a]

Probably better if you just stick to your site.

theysayjump

07-11-2005 16:04:01

Yeah you are right btones. I locked your thread(s) in the Trading Post because it violated the rules but the way that people have been treating newbies recently is out of order which is why I made a sticky in the Trading Post warning anyone who continues to flame or thread-crap in peoples trade threads will receive a temp-ban.

It's not welcoming at all. How would you (people in general) like to join a forum and then be told to "fuck off noob" or "Read the mother-fuckin rules ya noob" just because you violated a rule? I wouldn't which is why I don't do it to others.

Hopefully people will either change their attitude and be more polite towards people on here, or they will just stop posting.......Either way a change is/was long overdue.

btones

07-11-2005 18:33:32

[quote7333b96192="lalalala"]Why exactly did you feel the need to tell us that you wont be linking here from your site? I too am sorry that you got scammed, although there are many steps taken by ADMIN/the Mods to ensure you dont get scammed, you just need to utilize all of them to reduce your risk. But again, what exactly were you hoping to accomplish by posting this

[quote7333b96192="btones"]I was just stating that I wouldn't be linking to this childish forum[/quote7333b96192]

Probably better if you just stick to your site.[/quote7333b96192]

for the same reason you responded to this post buddy....because it was on my mind and thats the point of a forum....This is the shit I'm talking about....but I guess any forum you go to it will be loaded with people who love to mouth off online.

lalalala

07-11-2005 18:54:23

I post here because I've been a member for a while and enjoy the opinions of people who I have become aquainted with in an online format. You came here to bash the site and generalize its members, but apparently we are the ones who "love to mouth off online." Give me a break.

ajrock2000

07-11-2005 18:59:35

btones, stop whining. You don't like it here, don't come here. I agree noobs shouldn't be bashed for nothing, but noobs who come here and complain about the site right away can't expect a good welcoming. It's unfortunate that you got scammed, but most of us have at some point in time when we were noobs.

Berky34

07-11-2005 19:04:28

Personally I love this place. It's a great way to find out about well anything new and exciting in the freebie world. The trading module and forums are great- though I have't traded much as u can see.

btones

07-11-2005 19:13:26

I didn't come here to bash the site. I came here to join the community but you people sure do know how to give a warm welcome....take their money and yell at them...

and yes you are the ones mouthing off. I was just posting hat i had a bad experience here, didn't take a shot at anyone of you personally and then you guys come here and start insulting me? come on grow up a little bit.

ajrock2000

07-11-2005 19:14:55

Cry me a river. Get over it.

btones

07-11-2005 19:17:05

[quote0b3c30c1b7="ajrock2000"]Cry me a river. Get over it.[/quote0b3c30c1b7]

mature

bluedino

07-11-2005 19:19:33

LOL[/sized972decbc4]

Godrockdj

07-11-2005 19:20:04

[quoted5a659dd9b="btones"]I didn't come here to bash the site. I came here to join the community but you people sure do know how to give a warm welcome....take their money and yell at them...

and yes you are the ones mouthing off. I was just posting hat i had a bad experience here, didn't take a shot at anyone of you personally and then you guys come here and start insulting me? come on grow up a little bit.[/quoted5a659dd9b]

As TSJ and others have said, newbies here can be treated unfairly sometimes. However it is frequently due to their initial postings that are against the rules, or asking a question that's answered in a thread 2 posts down. I'm not saying that you, or anyone in particular did that, but those are my longtime member observations.

For the mouthing off - 2 things. Like you said, you will find that anywhere on the net. But also you need to know that not all (or even a majority) of the members would share that opinion or inability to think before typing...

And finally about your site - You've probably researched your options and know the top forums. They are very few and far between. With around 3 major options, I can honestly say the best 'package' is here. Keep looking around and you will see.

btones

07-11-2005 19:24:17

I agree this is one of the bigger forums but I also think it would be in the forums best interest to clean up its act a little bit....maybe do more to prevent scamming and possibly expect a certain level of respect and maturity among its members.

PoPoJiJo

07-11-2005 19:44:16

[quote411e5d8c2b="btones"]I agree this is one of the bigger forums but I also think it would be in the forums best interest to clean up its act a little bit....maybe do more to prevent scamming and possibly expect a certain level of respect and maturity among its members.[/quote411e5d8c2b]

I think this is the best forum out their with the cleanest act and if you had been here for more then two days I think this thread might have been treated differently but you can't just join a forum and tell them that you think they are doing things wrong. In fact I have seen so many similair threads that I've lost count, and they haven't changed anything. We have our rules for various different reasons and just because you don't know what they are doesn't mean that they are just there for shits and giggles. I am also very interested how you got screwed on two trades in two days of being here??? And if you can't handle being called a noob you probably shouldn't be on here anyways as thats pretty much an internet standard that I think everone has been called at some point and is probably one of the nicer things I've been called...

theysayjump

07-11-2005 19:55:50

[quoted24d6ef110="btones"]I agree this is one of the bigger forums but I also think it would be in the forums best interest to clean up its act a little bit....maybe do more to prevent scamming and possibly expect a certain level of respect and maturity among its members.[/quoted24d6ef110]

Could you PM me the details of who it was who scammed you and what for?

willr91

07-11-2005 19:57:22

Have you given a4f a look yet?

sweeedfish

07-11-2005 19:59:58

[quote797f53ea08="btones"]I have attempted 2 trades and been screwed both times. I guess there are a lot of dishonest people roaming around this forum.
[/quote797f53ea08]
Ok, you joined November 6th, today is November 7th. Either
1 you traded over AIM and know you got scammed
2 Traded with someone with TR and are already calling scam
Or 3 I dunno .. traded with someone else with 0 TR ?

JUNIOR6886

07-11-2005 20:02:25

lol A4F
anyways whats with the guy expecting a warm welcome with a thread title like "not impressed" roll

lalalala

07-11-2005 20:06:08

I too would like to know exactly how you got scammed.

I already said, honestly, that I'm sorry you got scammed. However, did you use the trade module? Did you follow the recommendation of trading with users who have a TR of 2 or greater?

As you can now see a majority of the members here are on your side, myself including as I am aware that new members are the lifeline of this community, but please, your high and mighty attitude could use a little softening.

bluedino

07-11-2005 20:10:35

I bet he didn't get scammed and is just saying that to make it sound worse

Godrockdj

07-11-2005 20:11:10

[quoteb16bbcebee="sweeedfish"][quoteb16bbcebee="btones"]I have attempted 2 trades and been screwed both times. I guess there are a lot of dishonest people roaming around this forum.
[/quoteb16bbcebee]
Ok, you joined November 6th, today is November 7th. Either
1 you traded over AIM and know you got scammed
2 Traded with someone with TR and are already calling scam
Or 3 I dunno .. traded with someone else with 0 TR ?[/quoteb16bbcebee]

sweed, back from the grave, raises some legitimate questions...

btones

07-11-2005 20:25:10

[quote85a535b20a="bluedino"]I bet he didn't get scammed and is just saying that to make it sound worse[/quote85a535b20a]

I originally posted that I was looking for trades and would also pay for greens.

I got a response from bizideas last night...he told me I had to pay first and then he would go green. so I sent money via paypal. He said he would complete an instant offer right away. a few hours later he still hadn't, I contacted him via AIM and he told me he couldn't complete an offer but he was going to get a friend to do it....now he won't respond to my IMs, PMs, or e-mails

I later got a response from superintendent to do a trade. Again I was told i had to go first because I was new. I completed an instant offer for him and went green. He told me he would sign up right away and do an instant offer. Again after a while had passed I contacted him and he said he was still looking for an offer to do but that he would complete an instant offer by last night. Today he has not responded to any of my attempts to contact him.

0 for 2 ... I consider that being scammed!

thats why I started this thread to voice my displeasure with what happened...I had no intention of bad mouthing people or hurting anyones feelings. If people didn't create posts like this many problems would never be discovered.

ajrock2000

07-11-2005 20:26:51

dude, its been 1 day...

bluedino

07-11-2005 20:28:17

has it been 2 weeks and still no reply from them noooooooo
you have to atleast wait that long before you can even think about calling them scammers
you can't just wait 1 day and say well their scamming me
if that were the case theysayjump would be scamming me but I'm patientley waiting for him to get credit for his offer

sweeedfish

07-11-2005 20:29:45

Well, first, you traded with one guy who had a TR of 1 and other guy who had a TR of 0, so what can you expect ? Second, it's only been 1 day ... so calm down.

For future reference when you are a +0 trader trade with people above 2 TR, you will be safer and will also receive TR in the transaction.

hehehhehe

07-11-2005 20:52:12

You should have read the rules... they are there for a reason.

Allen626

07-11-2005 20:54:52

I agree that people are rude when a noob violates the rules. Maybe the rules should have big bold statements with 30pt font saying "YOU MUST POST THAT YOU WILL GO FIRST IF YOUR TR IS LOWER THEN 2 AND NOT TRADE WITH ANYONE WITH A TR LOWER THEN 2 ALSO"

I think 50% of the noobs violate that rule and get flamed because ppl get tired of correcting them.

Perhaps the admin or someone can write a script that pops up that warning with the first thread you try to make in the trade postlilililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili good idea?

Fugger

07-11-2005 21:06:12

So... to summarize...

You have been a member for 1 day. You claim you have entered into 2 trades with users (bizideas, superintendent) but only have 1 trade active in the system with superintendent.

You have not received any PM's from superintendent and have received 2 from bizideas. You have yet to PM any information to allow us to assist you in clarifying any potential scams but unless you have agreed to swap instant offers (which I do not see).

So, with all of this information I am of the following opinions

#1 You are being impatient.
#2 Are either lying or trading outside of the forum with bizideas
#3 Are judging an entire group of users based on the actions of 1
#4 .... I'm sure there will be more later.

There is a certain amount of patience necessary to be successful and if you are working on your own site I'm assuming this is something that you would have experienced. I would hope that from now on you are a taking your time before labeling users as scammers as that isn’t appreciated by anyone. Ask any user who has traded a little extensively, and isn’t unnecessarily impatient, that not everything is instant, sometimes not even instants.

But I wish you success with your site and if you don’t like spicy nachos, don’t get the jalapeno cheese.

lalalala

07-11-2005 21:07:12

So neither person had +2, did you use the trade module? That would be a good start if you did. Also, file a complaint with Paypal if indeed these trades never come through.

But give it some time.

Skunk

07-11-2005 21:10:15

yo btones, if I wanted to talk to trash, I'd drive myself to a dump

GTFO

PS Here's a violin for you violin

theysayjump

07-11-2005 21:16:07

[quote601f2d427f="Skunk"]yo btones, if I wanted to talk to trash, I'd drive myself to a dump

GTFO

PS Here's a violin for you violin[/quote601f2d427f]

Way to go Skunk! You tell him! roll

You wonder why he complains when he has people like you making retarded comments like that?

Maybe you should "GTFO" shrug

If you are going to be a dick then just don't post. Simple.

btones

07-11-2005 22:15:54

I don't see a need to be patient when I'm talking to someone about a trade on AIM as I send the payment and as soon as the get paid they stop responding to IMs and emails when they told me they would do an instant offer right away. Both specifically told me they would do instant offers right away....i didn't realize "right away" meant 2 weeks..was that in the rules too?

bluedino

07-11-2005 22:17:55

check out the scammers thread everyone waits atleast that long not 1 day

lalalala

07-11-2005 22:25:56

It would be beautiful if instant offers were truly instant.

btones

07-11-2005 22:26:00

I guess I always just thought when you tell someone you will do something right away you do it. that why the offer I did went green "right away" . If they told me they were going to do an instant offer right away and then didn't why should I think they are going to to it tomorrow or the next day? They have no incentive to do it, they already got what the wanted from me. If they were actually going to complete the offer they would have done it last night when they said they would.

hehehhehe

07-11-2005 22:31:16

[quotef612963b74="btones"]I don't see a need to be patient when I'm talking to someone about a trade on AIM as I send the payment and as soon as the get paid they stop responding to IMs and emails when they told me they would do an instant offer right away. Both specifically told me they would do instant offers right away....i didn't realize "right away" meant 2 weeks..was that in the rules too?[/quotef612963b74]
You're still complaining about the site, while it's clear you didn't use any of the safeguards here. You didn't use the trade module (a great feature on this site) for one of the trades, and you traded with people with low or no trade rating (which you would know not to do if you had read the rules). After what many have kindly told you, you're still bitching when it was your fault for not following rules. So while I know they say not to be too nasty to the new guys, you should be an exception. Again, I'm sorry you (probably) got scammed but you should've followed the rules.

bluedino

07-11-2005 22:33:06

sometimes they get busy and don't have the opportunity to do an offer or maybe they did and it just hasn't gone instant but then I don't know why they won't answer you thats where the MODS come in you just sit tight and keep trying to get a hold of them and after a while if they don't respond the MODS start taking action and believe me you don't want to be the scammer when they do

Meads

07-11-2005 22:43:24

I agree with what your saying.. Theres far too many wannabe mod's on here. Guess there just brown nosing to try and win brownie points with the real admins and mods lol

superintendent

08-11-2005 00:11:26

What this guy is saying is false. We started a trade yesterday, he said he would go green first, and to just give me his link over AIM. I said I would rather set up a trade, so we did. He did stamps.com and went green instantly. I said I would do an offer ASAP. And he never told me anything about having to go instant, I was the one that said I would TRY to do a instant offer. Also, I never said he HAD to go first, he offered and I didnt object since we both have TRs of 0. The reason I wasn't able to contact him today was because I was at school. I can only use AIM during my free period. Just a minute ago I finished Tickle (Love Happens), since that was about the only choice of instant offers I had (that I could do). I would have done it sooner but I was looking around for another offer that credited fairly quickly and didn't cost $20. Couldn't find one that I hadn't already done, so I just did Love Happens. Anyway, I dont think that this trade was really slow. Right now I have about 8 trades confirmed and I have gone green for all of them, except one and I am just waiting for credit from Gamefly for that one. None of the people I have traded with have gone green yet and its been about a week. roll So I would say I trade within the time period of 2 days is pretty fast by my standards.

akalic

08-11-2005 00:44:56

hes secretly getting the whole forum to come into this thread, then he puts a subliminal message to go to his refferal link. That is his scheme, everyone..beware. shock

Godrockdj

08-11-2005 05:48:11

[quote7f898c7d6b="akalic"]hes secretly getting the whole forum to come into this thread, then he puts a subliminal message to go to his refferal link. That is his scheme, everyone..beware. shock[/quote7f898c7d6b]

Perhaps not, but there is definitely some weird crap going on here ? If you do not have enough patience to wait more than one day for a trade, then you must be new to the freebie world. And you're making a website about it?!

I was really trying to reach the olive branch out to you but you're not taking it. Instead you have continued to insult the forum at every step and are even possibly lying...

tracemhunter

08-11-2005 06:08:18

why should anybody have sympathy for those who do not read the rules? it sucks that you possibly could have gotten scammed but that is your fault for not reading the rules and using the trade module. they are there for a reason. don't expect everyone to like you if you come in talking shit. that is like starting a new job and as soon as you walk in the door calling everybody an asshole and that you are the greatest mother fucker alive.

Admin

08-11-2005 08:22:08

This shit's unbelivable.

In case anyone needs a lol, here's his high quality site
www.freeipodspost.com

my favorite parts
-scrolling item images stolen from freepay.com
-header graphic stolen from freeipods - BUT when he tried to edit it he didn't match the font
-use of <blink>
-affiliate program
-lack of capitalization
-ads on every corner

as well as stealing the idea of a freesite portal from me in the first place. congrats man, i'm really sorry to lose all your potential traffic. i dont think i'll be able to sleep tonight.

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 08:24:19

hahaha [b8dd24083da]38354 visitors since 9/15/05 [/b8dd24083da]

He also has his free ipods ref link in his "linking partners" page lol

PoPoJiJo

08-11-2005 08:28:58

I feel no sympathy at all for you
1. You didn't follow the rules (that you were bitching about and would have protected you)
2. You traded with people who were under 2 tr even though it is posted in a dozen different places not do this if you are new
3. Maybe if you had listened to those "wannabe mods" instead of getting defensive you wouldn't be in this position
4. You lack any sign of patience which is a huge pitfall in the freebie world as [b719f0c120f]EVERYTHING[/b719f0c120f] here takes longer then you expect (in general)
5. I think you should quit now because if you can't wait a day.... there are just going to be alot more problems and lots of aggravation later both for you and for other members of this forum caused by you
6. Someone is not telling the truth you claim to have paid paypal he says you traded sites and in this particular case I'm more inclined to believe him

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 08:30:59

I don't understand why anyone would need to come here to trade with 38,000+ visitors in under 2 months. lol

Admin

08-11-2005 08:55:29

That counter is more likely to be a hit counter rather than a visitor counter. they're significantly different measurements.

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 09:28:13

Yeah, but it says visitors, so it was worth mentioning. Even still, that many hits is also unlikely without modifying the starting number. lol

JUNIOR6886

08-11-2005 09:33:46

You'd better not mess with this master of webdesign Admin...... if you plead with him nicely he MIGHT change his mind and put a link to Fipg on his site.... rofl

http/" alt=""/img332.imageshack.us/img="332/6863/pwned6hd.jpg[" alt=""/img7f79f28ada]

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

theclownoftightness

08-11-2005 09:35:18

HMMMMM freeipodguide rules, and i love it oops D

btones

08-11-2005 10:15:28

First of all I didn't steal your idea for a site, I started the site back in september and had never even heard of your site until about 3 days ago when I joined to see if it was worth linking to on my site.

Yes 38,000 unique visitors in under 2 months...I have a decent sized affiliate program and have been featured on a number of large sites.

my favorite parts
-scrolling item images stolen from freepay.com
-header graphic stolen from freeipods - BUT when he tried to edit it he didn't match the font
-use of <blink>
-affiliate program
-lack of capitalization
-ads on every corner

as well as stealing the idea of a freesite portal from me in the first place. congrats man, i'm really sorry to lose all your potential traffic. i dont think i'll be able to sleep tonight.[/qoute]

The header is not stolen from freeipods. It is similar but I created it myself as with the scrolling images which was just implemented to save space on the front page.

as for the lack of capitalization you may have noticed it is consistant throughout most of the site which is meant to be a characteristic of the site, but you may not understand that concept since your site it pretty cookie cutter looking.

ads on every corner? I have a google ads banner and thats it. I linked to 2 tv shows I like because I don't think they get the rep the deserve but those aren't ads.

You are right I don't need to come to this site to trade. I could post my referral link on my own site but I don't because I actually don't like doing these free offers. I post my visitors' links only and if I want an ipod I go buy it.

The reason I came here and tried to trade is because I don't like to link to sites I don't know about. I don't want to send my visitors to a site that doesn't work so I cme here to test it out and see if it worked. If it did i was going to recommend it to my users. I never said you'd be sorry that I'm not linking to your site, so I don't understand why you are trying to take that tone. I don't think my visitors would fit in here anyway, my visitors are mature and honest.

Anyway, keep mocking my site if it keeps you warm at night. I didn't come here to start a fight. If you guys can't handle having someone say they had a bad experience here, well I don't want to hurt any feeling so I change my mind.

You guys are some of the nicest people around, I had a great time here, but unfortunately its time to go. I wish I could stay longer, I really do. Goodbye friends

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 10:31:02

[quote103ea59a13="btones"] You guys are some of the nicest people around, I had a great time here, but unfortunately its time to go. I wish I could stay longer, I really do. Goodbye friends[/quote103ea59a13]

Really? D

bluedino

08-11-2005 11:09:32

[quote61ffaf6599="ajrock2000"][quote61ffaf6599="btones"] You guys are some of the nicest people around, I had a great time here, but unfortunately its time to go. I wish I could stay longer, I really do. Goodbye friends[/quote61ffaf6599]

Really? D[/quote61ffaf6599]
that is unbelievable
first he's hating us and now he's calling us friends?

btones

08-11-2005 11:16:11

wow I guess yo udon't pick up on sarcasm very well

tracemhunter

08-11-2005 11:20:58

its kind of hard to pick up by reading text.

btones

08-11-2005 11:26:16

yeah your right, especially in this case since it would make so much sence for that sentence to not be sarastic (more sarcasm)

johnjimjones

08-11-2005 11:27:40

lisomeoneli was came just short of making a scammer thread about me because i didn't sign up under their site within 5 hours of them going green......

JUNIOR6886

08-11-2005 11:45:34

i thought he said he was leaving.......
is he gonna pull a CC40 and post like a billion more times? lol

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 11:53:16

He was being sarcastic lol

Fugger

08-11-2005 13:24:33

All of this asside... What about all the lies about trades? If you are going to bash an entire forum based on lies and untruths at least try and take some of those statments back or correct them or clarify them.

btones

08-11-2005 13:27:29

[quote2c2b50154c="Fugger"]All of this asside... What about all the lies about trades? If you are going to bash an entire forum based on lies and untruths at least try and take some of those statments back or correct them or clarify them.[/quote2c2b50154c]

superintendant contacted me, said he completed the offer...hopefully he did.

as for bizideas I'm still confident he just ran off with my money

either way I don't care about the trades....I didn't come here for the actual products. I was just testing out the site and the atmosphere.

Admin

08-11-2005 15:31:05

l.o.l.

nicd.01

08-11-2005 15:45:34

More excuses...

btones

08-11-2005 16:25:28

[quote1ea2902dd7="nicd.01"]More excuses...[/quote1ea2902dd7]

this post doesn't even make sense

nicd.01

08-11-2005 16:35:01

[quote84cfd1cf03="btones"][quote84cfd1cf03="nicd.01"]More excuses...[/quote84cfd1cf03]

this post doesn't even make sense[/quote84cfd1cf03]

How does it not make any sense? One second you are complaining about your trades and how you were scammed and the next minute you are saying how you don't even care about the trades. Anyway, weren't you leaving?

See?

[quote84cfd1cf03]either way I don't care about the trades....I didn't come here for the actual products. I was just testing out the site and the atmosphere.[/quote84cfd1cf03]

ilanbg

08-11-2005 16:58:46

If you do offers, why wouldn't you post your own referral link? You said you don't trade because you don't like doing the offers a bit farther above...

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but you're just an idiot.

btones

08-11-2005 17:19:16

you guys are very selective readers...

I don't do offers and i don't care about the $20 I lost...I'm not going to get it back and its only $20.

The only reason I tried to do an offer here was to test out the site before recommending it to the visitors on my site as another option.

all of this has been said a few times before so stop being so ignorant and actually read the thread if you are going to post in it.

oh and nicd.01, look up "excuse" in the dictionary. What you described is notan excuse...maybe a contradiction if taken out of context as you have, but an excuse? you're retarded

akalic

08-11-2005 17:31:14

[quotea69751ae0c="btones"]you guys are very selective readers...

I don't do offers and i don't care about the $20 I lost...I'm not going to get it back and its only $20.

The only reason I tried to do an offer here was to test out the site before recommending it to the visitors on my site as another option.

all of this has been said a few times before so stop being so ignorant and actually read the thread if you are going to post in it.

oh and nicd.01, look up "excuse" in the dictionary. What you described is notan excuse...maybe a contradiction if taken out of context as you have, but an excuse? you're retarded[/quotea69751ae0c]

you're so scene. We understand you lost your $20. The thing is, whats done is done and theres nothing we can really do about it. Stop whining, stop fighting and just accept the fact and quit trying to make us feel guilty for something we didn't do.

akalic

08-11-2005 17:35:54

[quote861973683f="btones"]you guys are very selective readers...

oh and nicd.01, look up "excuse" in the dictionary. What you described is notan excuse...maybe a contradiction if taken out of context as you have, but an excuse? you're retarded[/quote861973683f]

you try too hard, considering we've already lost all sympathy for you. Just leave if you're not prepared to face the freebie world

bluedino

08-11-2005 17:40:08

....get out..

JUNIOR6886

08-11-2005 17:48:49

I just love how you are "testing us" to see if were worthy of having a link of our forums posted on your shite website. lol

bow

You must be on a 24/7 ego trip or smth...

ilanbg

08-11-2005 17:57:28

[quote3f33166e1e="btones"]
[b3f33166e1e]I don't do offers[/b3f33166e1e] and i don't care about the $20 I lost...I'm not going to get it back and its only $20.

The only reason [b3f33166e1e]I tried to do an offer[/b3f33166e1e] here was to test out the site before recommending it to the visitors on my site as another option.[/quote3f33166e1e]

Yes. I see now. You don't do offers, but you do.

btones

08-11-2005 18:00:17

[quote5ccc6a5355="JUNIOR6886"]I just love how you are "testing us" to see if were worthy of having a link of our forums posted on his shite website. lol

bow

You must be on a 24/7 ego trip or smth...[/quote5ccc6a5355]

I wasn't implying that I run an amazing site. Anyone who responsibly runs a website knows you shouldn't blindly link to things. You test the waters before sending your visitors there. There is no easier way to lose repeat visitors than to send them to a god awful link.

Oh and by the way my "shite" website is actually pretty successful. Enough so that I don't need to spend all dy on this forum begging for free shit like the rest of you.

oh and I do appreciate the promotion you all have been giving the site. You should have joined the affilliate program, you could have made a little money. I was just checking the stats and this thread has sent quite a few people in the last two days.

btones

08-11-2005 18:03:10

[quote46472bed70="ilanbg"][quote46472bed70="btones"]
[b46472bed70]I don't do offers[/b46472bed70] and i don't care about the $20 I lost...I'm not going to get it back and its only $20.

The only reason [b46472bed70]I tried to do an offer[/b46472bed70] here was to test out the site before recommending it to the visitors on my site as another option.[/quote46472bed70]

Yes. I see now. You don't do offers, but you do.[/quote46472bed70]

yes, you are a genius. If you read the rest of that sentence you may understand. Or you can just read parts of it and go on living you life believing you're not retarded

bluedino

08-11-2005 18:21:47

must I say it again?............Get out

Veek

08-11-2005 18:26:07

Oh what a laugh.

JUNIOR6886

08-11-2005 18:32:02

horse

ilanbg

08-11-2005 18:36:07

If you're doing offers, then you have sites that just need referrals, which means you can just put your ref links on your site, which means you can go away.

jagdwirem

08-11-2005 18:44:12

I'm simply amazed that this guys karma hasn't even dropped....

O, well, not like it really matters... wink

lijagdwirem coughsli BAN! lijagdwirem coughsli

cheer

btones

08-11-2005 19:01:18

there you go....someone attempts to give you constructive criticism so you attack and ban them....

I second that....lets ban the mother fucker!

bluedino

08-11-2005 19:07:05

ya know this sounds exactly like skittles

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 20:54:32

The fact that you have your own "successful site", yet come here to trade makes no sense whatsoever.

Admin

08-11-2005 21:02:50

[quotec81059663d="btones"]
I wasn't implying that I run an amazing site. Anyone who responsibly runs a website knows you shouldn't blindly link to things. You test the waters before sending your visitors there. [bc81059663d]There is no easier way to lose repeat visitors than to send them to a god awful link.[/bc81059663d] [/quotec81059663d]

[quotec81059663d="http//www.freeipodspost.com/links.htm"]
Discount Online Pharmacy
Best Internet Pharmacy
Cheaprxmedsonline
[/quotec81059663d]

and that's just a tiny sampling. you are a grade-a moron and if you want to talk about the significance of SEO you should probably get a clue.

just at a glance
-keyword density sucks balls
-40+ offsite links to unrelated pages on a PR4 page
-tables instead of machine-readable presentation markup
-lack of meaningful header description alt-text on images

and you don't hesitate to run tons of offsite code which opens up a whole new can of worms in terms of how search engines view your site and how you treat your visitors (behavioral cookying anyone?).

and for the sake of christ, lose the two or three deep iframes your site is riddled with. do you know what a search engine sees in iframes? if you said, "nothing", you'd be right for the first time in this thread.

finally, i'd just like to point out how fucking absurd your "lowercase is a theme" idea is, since most of your pages show what seems like an 8-year-old's attempt at legible english now.

i really don't mind ignorant people in most cases, but you're just a fucking moron who THINKS he knows everything. get a fucking clue.

damac

08-11-2005 21:07:45

lol, this site rocks!

btones

08-11-2005 21:32:46

[quote1f0e2a0b50="ajrock2000"]The fact that you have your own "successful site", yet come here to trade makes no sense whatsoever.[/quote1f0e2a0b50]

no need to explain this again...you'll find your answer if you scroll up and actually read the thread before chiming in like an ignorant asshole...

again I didn't come here to discuss my site. You can make as many posts as you want telling me about how bad my site is. I never claimed to be a master wed designer and I don't really know much about coding beyond html but I assure you the two sites I run have put me through college and allow me to wake up at noon everyday and live comfortably.

Funny though how you talk so much shit about my site but your site still has a similar PR and only a slighly better alexa rating (my site is 2 months old, yours is almost 2 years old)

....although I did notice you've been slipping pretty drastically...falling out of the top 1,000,000 for the past week...I'm not sure if I want to take advice from you with stats like that.

my ipod site is still young and developing but don't worry I'll come back in a few months after my site is fully establish and I'll be glad to give you any advice you need

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 21:36:34

[quote93f840833b="btones"]my ipod site is still young and developing but don't worry I'll come back in a few months after my site is fully establish and I'll be glad to give you any advice you need[/quote93f840833b]

hahahahahaahahah omg that made me laugh

bluedino

08-11-2005 21:37:41

how many more times do I have to say this...........GET OUT![/size4844bbf374]
if you don't like it here then leave do not waste our time

Veek

08-11-2005 21:38:25

I haven't rolled my eyes this hard all week.

btones

08-11-2005 22:05:43

why do you continue to tell me to leave a thread I started? It seems to me that if you don't like me don't respond in this thread. muhahahaha

ajrock2000

08-11-2005 22:10:06

[quote2a3a4edc41="btones"]but unfortunately its time to go.[/quote2a3a4edc41]

superintendent

08-11-2005 22:20:35

Ok I did the love happens offer for this guy not knowing its been slow crediting, fgr just told me about this. You guys think I should attempt to do another or just forget about it?

btones

08-11-2005 22:36:52

[quote138882f8fb="superintendent"]Ok I did the love happens offer for this guy not knowing its been slow crediting, fgr just told me about this. You guys think I should attempt to do another or just forget about it?[/quote138882f8fb]

don't worry about it....we already talked

Fugger

08-11-2005 22:45:48

[quote94fdd1e3ef="btones"]The only reason I tried to do an offer here was to test out the site before recommending it to the visitors on my site as another option.
[/quote94fdd1e3ef]

I'm still waiting to see you give anything a honest try other than complaining.

bluedino

08-11-2005 23:37:46

[quotee33d124bed="btones"]why do you continue to tell me to leave a thread I started? It seems to me that if you don't like me don't respond in this thread. muhahahaha[/quotee33d124bed]
I still have my mouth open from when he said muhhahahahaha roll

PoPoJiJo

09-11-2005 14:05:00

[quote2133004307="btones"]why do you continue to tell me to leave a thread I started? It seems to me that if you don't like me don't respond in this thread. muhahahaha[/quote2133004307]
I think he was telling you to leave the site and not just the thread, and you did say you were gone yet your still here, seems kind of pointless to be arguing with us since we didn't meet your qualifications/expectations anyways and accroding to your arguement you gain nothing more by being here because of this.....so I think were all puzzled by why your still here at such an inadequate(sp?) site

Anyways that still doesn't explain why you claimed 2 people scammed you out of paypal when one of the two trades you claim to have done was actually a site for a site trade and there is no record of the other trade at all.....