Laptop for sale...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2576

shifuimam

01-11-2004 13:19:07

lilililaptop sold for $500, so fuck all y'all.lilili

Da_KilLa

02-11-2004 18:23:35

Thats exs penisive Not really but im poor thats why i'm here. by poor I mean in debt. O)

shifuimam

02-11-2004 19:07:40

...and you can't spell.

It's a pretty good deal, and we're willing to negotiate. He needs the money to buy a new 12" Powerbook.

Blurrz

02-11-2004 19:46:41

[quote9f644e044b="shifuimam"]...and you can't spell.

It's a pretty good deal, and we're willing to negotiate. He needs the money to buy a new 12" Powerbook.[/quote9f644e044b]

It's an OK-ish deal. The processor is very outdated, as is the hard drive. Also, what are the graphics card specs?

If you knocked $100 off the price you'd find a buyer (maybe even me) very quickly. This comes from someone who has a school job working with computers, plus personal experience.

Admin

02-11-2004 20:06:22

Yeah I recently sold a dell latitude cpx-j PIII650 with 10gb HD, 384mb ram, 14.1" lcd, etc. I had the following extras
-wifi card
-usb2.0 pcmcia card
-case
-100mbit lan card
-dvd/cd
-another cd drive
-floppy
-2 batteries

and the list goes on. sold for 450 on ebay + $50 shipping.

just throwing that out there D

shifuimam

02-11-2004 20:37:52

Nice. I sold a Latitude C600 to a classmate for $600, but it came with two brand-new batteries, two power adapters, the travel module for the media bay, and every part besides the RAM had been replaced (including the plastic casing) less than six months prior, so I don't think I screwed her. The specs were fairly similar to yours, although no wireless card was included (but it did come with a $100 Xircom GSM/LAN/Modem card)...I dunno; I was happy with the sale and so was she.

The drive on this Compaq really isn't "outdated" - a lot of laptops still come with 20gb or 30gb drives. Who really needs more than that for basic computer usage?

My C600 had similar specs, except it only had a 750mhz P3. It served me VERY well, even with apps like Photoshop CS and VS.NET 2003.

The boyfriend is willing to go down to $500 + shipping as an absolute minimum price, but we were kinda hoping for a litlte more...we'll see. P

And FYI Blurrz, I also have "a school job working with computers" as well as a lot of personal experience with laptops in particular.

The processor isn't that slow, all things considered - it has a lot of memory, the drive is plenty big enough for most uses (maybe not ripping DVDs to it, but if you really want to get into that you might as well buy a desktop or a large external drive), and the SXGA+ display is a big bonus IMHO. This machine just about has the same specs as my Dell Optiplex GX240 desktop I used to have, aside from the specific processor speed.

Like I said...he's just trying to make some money to buy a Powerbook, and we're willing to negotiate, but I don't know that he'd go under $500. Depends on how impossible it becomes to try and sell the thing.

Edit - boyfriend did say that $500 is fine for the asking price. He may be willing to go to $475 + shipping if he can't find a buyer..

Pusha C

03-11-2004 02:59:58

http//www-scf.usc.edu/~sukamto/owned.jpg[" alt=""/imgfe8d85d5ff]

shifuimam

03-11-2004 07:45:39

wh47?

Admin

03-11-2004 10:32:18

500's a good deal for a decent laptop with a nice screen. This inspiron 600m has 1400x1050 and I'm in lust with it. Really good feature. Knock down the brightness a bit and the battery life doesn't even suffer...

Da_KilLa

03-11-2004 11:31:32

Mabye you don't get it. Look at your sig then look at my post

shifuimam

03-11-2004 19:46:49

wow you spelled "expensive" very wrong, including the word "penis" in the middle.

Your point? My sig, BTW, is not something I wrote, you moron. I found it on some guy's blog and found it funny.

Da_KilLa

04-11-2004 00:56:18

I never said you wrote it. chillax

shifuimam

04-11-2004 05:36:19

This thread gets dumber and dumber. I just want to sell a laptop.

yonatan

05-11-2004 04:59:18

And why exactly do you think you'll find a buyer here? Heh.

You're better off trying to sell it on craigslist, fatwallet, or one of the big hardware forums in the For Sale sections. If not that then you should try eBay. I don't see why anyone would buy your bf's laptop for that price when they can get a brand new Dell 700M with a centrino 1.xGHz processor for ~$830 and that's straight from Dell with the warranty and the battery (batteries usually cost a ton).

shifuimam

05-11-2004 07:18:19

Wow---way to be a dick.

I just post on forums where I am familiar with the users. Some people don't have $800+ to spend on a computer, and $300 is a big difference to someone with little to no income.

"Batteries usually cost a ton" - you make it sound like laptops don't usually come with batteries.

Not to mention that inspirons increasingly suck compared to the Latitude line, if you're going to buy Dell at all.

Plz take your asshole-ness elsewhere.

Blurrz

05-11-2004 17:30:57

[quote72ae128019="shifuimam"]Wow---way to be a dick.

I just post on forums where I am familiar with the users. Some people don't have $800+ to spend on a computer, and $300 is a big difference to someone with little to no income.

"Batteries usually cost a ton" - you make it sound like laptops don't usually come with batteries.

Not to mention that inspirons increasingly suck compared to the Latitude line, if you're going to buy Dell at all.

Plz take your asshole-ness elsewhere.[/quote72ae128019]

Dudette, you have some issues. We are only trying to help you sell your laptop, so instead of throwing darts at us when we give you advice to knock the price down a bit, you should absorb the information. If you don't agree with it, then don't budge from your price, but there's no need to attack everyone who responds.

[quote72ae128019]The drive on this Compaq really isn't "outdated" - a lot of laptops still come with 20gb or 30gb drives. Who really needs more than that for basic computer usage?[/quote72ae128019]

By that, I meant small, like my suspenis...

[quote72ae128019]And FYI Blurrz, I also have "a school job working with computers" as well as a lot of personal experience with laptops in particular. [/quote72ae128019]

Then maybe you would agree with me that the price was a bill or so too high?

[quote72ae128019]The processor isn't that slow, all things considered - it has a lot of memory, the drive is plenty big enough for most uses (maybe not ripping DVDs to it, but if you really want to get into that you might as well buy a desktop or a large external drive), and the SXGA+ display is a big bonus IMHO. This machine just about has the same specs as my Dell Optiplex GX240 desktop I used to have, aside from the specific processor speed. [/quote72ae128019]

All I wa saying is that those specs are not worth $500. Obviously, you feel differently. Good luck to you.

shifuimam

05-11-2004 20:43:34

I don't have issues, but I do have a problem with someone who (after further investigation) is notoriously a jerk all over the forums coming in and telling me how nobody would buy this thing, yada yada yada.

It's not even my laptop. I don't think the price is too high. It's a good machine, it's a business machine with an excellent display, and HELLO but he needs money just as much as any of you do, so chill.

His comment about "Why exactly do you think you'd find a buyer here" was entirely unnecessary. It's an off-topic forum on a board populated largely (but not entirely) with computer-type people. It makes sense by anyone's logic that I'd post where I think it might sell.

If you think it's too much, or you don't want it, fine, but take your opinions elsewhere. I don't want to hear about it.

Blurrz

06-11-2004 21:20:49

[quote867251c93e="shifuimam"]I don't have issues, but I do have a problem with someone who (after further investigation) is notoriously a jerk all over the forums coming in and telling me how nobody would buy this thing, yada yada yada.

It's not even my laptop. I don't think the price is too high. It's a good machine, it's a business machine with an excellent display, and HELLO but he needs money just as much as any of you do, so chill.

His comment about "Why exactly do you think you'd find a buyer here" was entirely unnecessary. It's an off-topic forum on a board populated largely (but not entirely) with computer-type people. It makes sense by anyone's logic that I'd post where I think it might sell.

If you think it's too much, or you don't want it, fine, but take your opinions elsewhere. I don't want to hear about it.[/quote867251c93e]

Lol, why would you post if you didn't want others' feedback? Sure, maybe his attitude was wrong. But the points remain valid.

EliteABombAZ

08-11-2004 10:30:04

I recently picked up a Gateway Solo 9100 on Ebay for $189 8)

Pentium II 300 Mhz
256 MB Ram (These models originally came with 64 MB)
Trident Video (With TV in/out, capturing...ect)
8 gig HD.
20x CDRom / Floppy Combo
15 inch screen
Leather Gateway brand laptop bag
56k Modem with X-Jack (no dongle and also interfaces with many cell phones)
Ethernet PC Card
2 power adapters
Laptop docking station (with 2 extra PC card slots, built in ethernet, VGA port, etc.)
All original bundled software & drivers
Windows 95 Second Edition (OEM Gateway)
Windows 98 Second Edition (OEM Gateway)
Office 97 (OEM Gateway)
Windows XP Professional Corperate (The guy who sold it to me worked for a big company and he burned my a copy of their volume license edition... not the backlisted Devil'sOwn Corp edition.)

The only problem was that the battery was not holding a charge.

I picked up a new battery on Ebay for $60.

w00t!

Malformed

08-11-2004 10:54:53

[quote60c319baa3]Windows XP Professional Corperate (The guy who sold it to me worked for a big company and he burned my a copy of their volume license edition... not the backlisted Devil'sOwn Corp edition.) [/quote60c319baa3]

its not the "Devils own corp editition" thats blacklisted.
its the commonly used SERIAL that is blacklisted, along with loads and loads of other commonly used and distributed XP corp serials.

im still running the version i got from devilsown, but im using a serial number i generated myself.
works fine ;)

shifuimam

08-11-2004 14:25:55

Ouch...Gateway. I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

I have two OEM XP CDs - one is pre-SP1 - for Dell computers. Since all I've ever used is Dell, I have yet to need another copy. I know I will eventually, but I have my contacts. )

EliteABombAZ

08-11-2004 17:55:40

[quote3713f046dd="shifuimam"]Ouch...Gateway. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. [/quote3713f046dd]

Before 2000-2001ish.... Gateway computers were pretty decent... then Dell just stomped them into the ground. Anyway.... I have been pretty happy with it.When I can scrounge up enough money.... I want to get a Dell Inspiron.

shifuimam

08-11-2004 22:25:35

Ew ew ew do NOT get an Inspiron unless you plan on getting the 600m and the 600m only. The Latitudes are much better quality, thinner, more efficient, and use better parts. Order through Dell Small Business online (you don't have to actually be a business) and watch for deals (like instant $350 off).

The Inspirons are so clunky and heavy and made of cheaper plastic than the Latitudes.