Random Best Buy websites

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=25024

KeithA

25-10-2005 13:32:31

In the last week, I've seen Best Buy ads in magazines that direct readers to random websites affiliated with Best Buy. The two I've seen so far are

www.lifebrarian.com
www.gadgetninja.com

Does anybody know of any other websites affiliated with Best Buy, other than bestbuy.com?

FreeOffersNow

25-10-2005 13:44:50

Circuit City has a few of these too...they are basically just specialized sites to allow for a more concentrated marketing effort.

KeithA

25-10-2005 13:55:34

[quote75cb2e079d="FreeOffersNow"]Circuit City has a few of these too...they are basically just specialized sites to allow for a more concentrated marketing effort.[/quote75cb2e079d]

Yeah, I think they align with Best Buy's "customer centricity" intitiative, which is intended to segment different demographics (e.g. affluent middle-aged men, soccer moms, twenty-something gadget freaks, etc.). I'm just wondering whether there's a site for each of their five customer segments.

srichter

25-10-2005 15:17:18

These are two of the websites Best Buy created as part of their customer centricity initiative, just like KeithA mentioned. These sites were created to target certain individuals, and bring them into the Best Buy world. Best Buy stores are all going through changes, and pretty soon, Best Buy will revolutionize technology shopping.

edit I can't disclose the rest of the websites, as they're currently confidential information (as far as I know)