(redone) Topic of the Week: Hillary vs. Condi in 2008?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=24400

Godrockdj

17-10-2005 07:08:33

I tried to do this thread yesterday but I guess my computer ate it. Anyhoo, I'd like to try and have some interesting, thoughtful, spamless and flamewar free discussions on this board once in a while as opposed to the vast wasteland of normal posts.

So there's the topic for this week - what are your thoughts? For research, here is a very good article on the subject - Hillary vs. Condi[=http//go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?IDLink=1715119&location=http%3A%2F%2Fobserver.guardian.co.uk%2Freview%2Fstory%2F0%2C6903%2C1592978%2C00.html]Hillary vs. Condi

Also a big giant disucussion on Fark[=http//forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1715119]Fark

Your thoughts?

tracemhunter

17-10-2005 07:11:58

clinton will win. america is sick of bush so i dont think it will elect one of his top people. i hope clinton wins.

Jake

17-10-2005 07:15:24

If it came to a choice between Rice and Clinton, I'd have to hope for Clinton. She is the lesser of two evils in this case, IMHO.

Peinecone

17-10-2005 07:15:29

[quote2fe02eb9cd="tracemhunter"]america is sick of bush [/quote2fe02eb9cd]
God, i hope this is true. But there is still a huge part of the country that stands by him, no matter what bonehead move he makes.

Godrockdj

17-10-2005 07:17:07

Bush ... Clintion... Bush .... Clinton?

bballp6699

17-10-2005 07:41:39

Hope you like paying out the ass in medical bills...

Allen626

17-10-2005 07:45:05

Doubt it will happen, girl vs girl. I do not like Hillary, and would seriously consider Rice.

slease

17-10-2005 09:49:40

I'm not a huge fan of hillary as a person... but I'm so extremely in line with her politically and morally that I would have no choice but to vote for her.

Personally I think condi is the devil incarnate.

I'd like to see Powell run, or McCain... those are "republicans" I can get behind.

drummer_kew_03

17-10-2005 10:35:56

I don't like Hilary, and Rice for some reason scares the shit out of me. She seems like she'd rip your balls off if you made a joke around her. I don't think a woman will be president for a long time. Naturally, in general, men are better leaders. That's just how our minds work. Women can be better organized, but men are better leaders. I've heard rumors that Giuliani might run. I'm a Bush supporter, but i'm ready for a change just because of all the crap that comes with it. I wish that we could have a president that has his morals, that didn't piss everyone off. But, I guess you can't please everybody.

Peinecone

17-10-2005 10:36:44

[quotee6f45f219f="slease"]I'm not a huge fan of hillary as a person... but I'm so extremely in line with her politically and morally that I would have no choice but to vote for her.

Personally I think condi is the devil incarnate.

I'd like to see Powell run, or McCain... those are "republicans" I can get behind.[/quotee6f45f219f]Yes, i think i would vote for McCain. Seems like one of the only reasonable Republicans.

phoebe7

17-10-2005 11:18:26

[quotec734d5efa3="Peinecone"][quotec734d5efa3="tracemhunter"]america is sick of bush [/quotec734d5efa3]
God, i hope this is true. But there is still a huge part of the country that stands by him, no matter what bonehead move he makes.[/quotec734d5efa3]

Eh, his approval rating is under 40% now. I think Americans want to move on.

Article from MSNBC
http//msnbc.msn.com/id/9622843/

justinag06

17-10-2005 11:19:54

I just can't trust any Clinton, they are always up to no good. I'd vote for Condi if I had to, but would prefer McCain in the office. I wanted him in office two terms ago too.

autiger

17-10-2005 11:37:23

I'd go with Condi in this situation, but I think that the Republicans should run Rudy Giuliani, as he seems to me to be a great leader and is more of a moderate republican and thus would appeal to the critical middle ground....I think part of the last election came down to who Americans felt safer with and they chose Bush. A lot can happen between now and 2008, so I don't think that we should start picking who will be the candidate for both parties. I think running Condi against Hilary is good in a way, as it's another woman, but if Hilary runs for the Democrats and the Republicans run a male, I hope most American women will vote for who they feel is the best candidate and not just the one who is a female (and the same can be said if Condi is the Republican nominee and a male Democrat runs against her).....but you never know with politics, but where is Hilary originally from?? (if it's arkansas she is an interesting choice going by past election results, as most of the past few winners have all come from the Sun Belt (and I believe Arkansas is in that), but the last US Senator to run and be elected was JFK, if I remember that correctly from class, so it'd be interesting to see how that pans out.........)....

Anyways, I'd vote for Condi as she is extremely intelligent and plus she's getting good foreign policy expereince from this administration since she's been National Security Advisor and now Secretary of state, so that's a big thing to consider since everyone was so critical of Bush's lack of FP experience.......but I don't know how much Kerry had either, or even Gore back in 2000, so not having experience doesn't mean you can't get experience and also that you'll be awful at FP. So yeah, that's my take on things.....now I look for this thread to drop since no one ever posts much after I talk in these threads..... cry

Hope everyone is having a good Monday (as good as Monday can be at least)!!

Jake

17-10-2005 12:09:36

[quote864149117d="autiger"]I'd go with Condi in this situation, but I think that the Republicans should run Rudy Giuliani, as he seems to me to be a great leader and is more of a moderate republican and thus would appeal to the critical middle ground....
[/quote864149117d]

Giuliani also justified driving the homeless people out of Manhattan as part of his improving the 'quality of life' campaign.That is hardly moderate, IMHO.

[quote864149117d="autiger"]
Anyways, I'd vote for Condi as she is extremely intelligent and plus she's getting good foreign policy expereince from this administration since she's been National Security Advisor and now Secretary of state, so that's a big thing to consider since everyone was so critical of Bush's lack of FP experience.......but I don't know how much Kerry had either, or even Gore back in 2000, so not having experience doesn't mean you can't get experience and also that you'll be awful at FP. So yeah, that's my take on things.....now I look for this thread to drop since no one ever posts much after I talk in these threads..... cry
[/quote864149117d]

Condi would probably be as awful with foreign policy as Bush is since she is one of the architects of our current predicament (the war and everyone around the world HATING the US). I doubt she would be a good candidate. She has proven herself to be an incompetent administrator as illustrated during the questioning about that infamous memo which said that Arab terrorists were planning an attack on the States.

She would be a terrible candidate for the Republicans to run. They would be better off with John McCain.

dudeextrem2000

17-10-2005 12:51:08

i wouldnt vote.... lol 2 woman (no offense) wouldnt make good leader @all

bluedino

17-10-2005 13:39:51

know what you mean wink

johnjimjones

17-10-2005 15:54:47

Two words Bill Clinton
Another two words First man
Anything to get him back in the White House, I'm there, and I can vote this time!

thehacker010

17-10-2005 16:03:19

Clinton would win, but I would vote for Rice.....

patwalls99

17-10-2005 16:28:38

Are you guys fucking joking????? The day Clinton becomes president is the day America falls apart...

I don't even want to think about this...

-Pat