Medical Marijuana

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=24072

h3x

13-10-2005 01:04:28

11 States currently have medical marijuana laws in action.

- Alaska
- California
- Colorado
- Hawaii
- Maine
- Maryland
- Montana
- Nevada
- Oregon
- Vermont
- Washington State

[quote1915b33cdc]Approved by the Food and Drug Administration, the study included 250 patients and compared smoked marijuana to oral THC. All participants were referred by a medical doctor and had failed to control vomiting using at least three alternative antiemetics. Patients chose smoking marijuana or taking the THC pill. Multiple objective and subjective standards were used to determing the effectiveness.

li Conclusion Marijuana is far superior to the best available drug, Compazine, and smoked marijuana is clearly superior to oral THC. "More than ninety percent of the patients who received marijuana... reported significant or total relief from nausea and vomiting". No major side effects were reported, though three patients reported adverse reactions that did not involve marijuana alone.[/quote1915b33cdc]

[quote1915b33cdc]New York ran a large scale study using 199 patients who had not found success with other antiemetic therapies. Each patient received 6,044 marijuana cigarettes, which were provided to the patient during 514 treatment episodes

li Conclusions North Shore Hospital reported marijuana was effective at reducing emesis 92.9 percent of the time; Columbia Memorial Hospital reported efficacy of 89.7 percent; Upstate Medical Center, St. Joseph's Hospital and Jamestown General Hospital reported 100 percent of the patients smoking marijuana gained significant benefit. "Patient evaluations have indicated that approximately ninety-three (93) percent of marijuana inhalation treatment episodes are reported to be effective or highly effective when compared to other antiemetics."; no serious adverse side effects were reported.[/quote1915b33cdc]

[quote1915b33cdc]A series of studies throughout the 1980s involved 90–100 patients a year. The study was designed to make it easier for patients to enter the oral THC part of the study. Patients who wanted smoked marijuana had to be over 15 years old (oral THC patients had to be over 5) and use the drug only in the hospital and not at home. Smoked marijuana patients also had to receive rare and painful forms of chemotherapy.

li Conclusion Despite the bias towards oral THC, the California study concluded that smoked marijuana was more effective and established a safe dosage regimen that minimized adverse side effects.[/quote1915b33cdc]

Medical marijuana helps relieve various ailments from chronic pain, muscle spasm, wasting syndrome, etc.

So what do you think? Should medical marijuana be legalized?

Also check this out... This is an episode of The Montel Williams Show discussing Medical Marijuana (if you did not know, Montel Williams uses Medical Marijuana to help relieve his symptoms of Parkinson's Disease)..

http//www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-3027.html[]http//www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-3027.html

tonydanza92

13-10-2005 01:06:04

i dont have a disorder

but my avatar might give you a hint why I support legalizing any and ALL marijuana

h3x

13-10-2005 01:07:10

Hahah, right on brother (as you can tell from the background of my sig.. I feel the same way) wink

But not only that, but my Aunt suffers from severe arthritis and has a Medical Marijuana card for it, and its helping a lot.

theysayjump

13-10-2005 01:19:03

I think it shouldnt just be made legal for medical purposes, it should be made legal period.................and I dont even smoke the stuff shrug

tracemhunter

13-10-2005 04:16:08

yea i used to smoke in my early years of high school and my grades were actually higher (pun intended?) than my last year of high school when i quit smoking. there is nothing wrong with it. i do think that people driving high schould still get DUI's though.

Lunarpancake

13-10-2005 05:49:20

i wish they would legalize and to make the deal sweeter for the gov. tax that shit...pay off this war )

like ciggs.

Allen626

13-10-2005 10:02:36

And get some Afghani Hash again. I heard that shit was crazy.

Jake

13-10-2005 10:20:23

[quote579cb0af17="Allen626"]And get some Afghani Hash again. I heard that shit was crazy.[/quote579cb0af17]

They're shipping opium out of Afghanistan (thanks to US intervention) now.

Hash doesn't have enough profit potential because people don't get addicted to it like they do from heroin.

tonydanza92

13-10-2005 11:16:25

[quote6383a9c472="tracemhunter"]i do think that people driving high schould still get DUI's though.[/quote6383a9c472]

they do where I am I have some friends who have gotten it
I myself hate driving high cause I always end up imagining shit, I just chill out

[quote6383a9c472="Allen626"]And get some Afghani Hash again. I heard that shit was crazy.[/quote6383a9c472]

I'd love to try it. Me and my friends got together tons of weed trimmings and made some hash once... fuckin amazing.

BUT seriously pot is not as bad as it is made to look. It will be legal eventually, and taxed to shit by the government. Smokin pot is a lifestyle.. and I'd much rather be that then an alcoholic. I'm both though (hence my AIM name) lol

Jake

13-10-2005 11:47:56

I do not smoke anymore(and i want to make this perfectly clear)

but I firmly believe that this harmless plant should be made legal for medicinal and recreational use.

There have been plenty of studies done (the LaGuardia Commission being one of them) which state the simple fact that marijuana is next to harmless and that it has medical benefits for certain groups of people.

Besides, its just a plant. It is a LIFE FORM. It should be considered sacred and treasured as a part of our biosphere.

Its far less harmful than plenty of things that are legal such as alcohol, cigarettes (i call them cigs because they are not JUST tobacco anymore), the thousands of industrial chemicals we produce every year, the tons of weapons produced every year, motor vehicles, etc etc etc.

I have serious doubts that the US government will give in to demands for legalization. There are too many crazy zealots here who still believe the propaganda films produced by Anslinger in the 30s.

tonydanza92

13-10-2005 11:58:23

[quote756a804fde="Jake"]
I have serious doubts that the US government will give in to demands for legalization. There are too many crazy zealots here who still believe the propaganda films produced by Anslinger in the 30s.[/quote756a804fde]

vote Ralph Nader lol

He smokes, or used to... plus his political policies/views are pretty good anyway. I didn't vote for him because he really has no chance unless he chooses to join the republican or democratic party. I would have otherwise possibly

bspence

13-10-2005 12:01:16

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
and BC Bud is where its at.
If you get caught smoking it,
cops dont care anymore.
its pretty much legal.
just dont deal it and your all good.

Jake

13-10-2005 12:01:36

[quoteba4d4863cf="tonydanza92"]
vote Ralph Nader lol

He smokes, or used to... plus his political policies/views are pretty good anyway. I didn't vote for him because he really has no chance unless he chooses to join the republican or democratic party. I would have otherwise possibly[/quoteba4d4863cf]

If I were eligible to vote in the US, I would have voted for Nader or if LaRouche were running, I may have voted for him. They were the only two people who told any truth during the election campaign.

My favorite quote from Nader

"Stop American government friendships with foreign dictators."

PoPoJiJo

13-10-2005 13:03:41

I think it should be legalized

h3x

13-10-2005 18:22:36

3 people voted no, i wonder why they didnt state their opinion

Allen626

13-10-2005 20:32:18

It is all about cultural heritage why it is illegalized, and alcohol is not. I personally can not wait to smoke some dro with a friend soon after I get my drug test for my job. I have to be clean for 2 weeks \. Drug tests should exclude marijuana. I can see hard drugs, but not marijuana. Im 18 and they do not test for alcohol even though it is illegal for me to consume it w/o parental watch.

Admin

13-10-2005 22:14:53

I've never met someone who smoked medicinal weed for pain relief. I've met dozens who smoke medicinal weed for recreation. So, while I think legalization is probably a decent idea and the thought behind medicinal weed is good, my experience is that the system needs a little work, since it's being abused heavily as it stands and whether I agree or not, it's illegal for non-medicinal use.

h3x

13-10-2005 23:43:43

The system does not have flaws (maybe some shady doctors in Cali, but there are shady DMV people who give out fake ID, its no worst in numbers than that)

In order to qualify for medicinal marijuana in all states, you need to have documented proof of your condition, and history of medication that failed to treat your symptom.. Also you have to provide yourself with the medicine (growing..)

Its not a walk in the park to get Medical Marijuana.. Your doctor has to have documentation proving your eligibility and sign a contract with you acknowledging that he discussed the benefits and risks of using medical marijuana and have sufficient documentation.

My aunt had to take 15+ different painkillers a day just to help relieve her arthritis, and it didn't help.. She obviously had documentation to prove all the medication she was taking and documentation proving it was ineffective.. So even for chronic pain, you need to have a list of meds you tried prior before having the opportunity of qualifying for medical marijuana.

h3x

17-10-2005 17:17:19

76% support medical marijuana in here, 3% support medical marijuana in critical cases only and 3% don't.. well at least 79% support some form of medical marijuana.. thats good to hear! P

[edit 82% support Medical Marijuana of some form]

lakersin2025

18-10-2005 08:26:18

I am looking into growing legally with a medical card, prop 215. I would sell it to the clubs and be totally legit. It's tough to find any info on how to get approved. I live in Cali, anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks!

h3x

18-10-2005 10:33:08

You'll have to go to one of the dispensaries (clubs) and inquire.