System of a Down, again

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23775

JOSHBOX

09-10-2005 11:56:44

http/" alt=""/img322.imageshack.us/img="322/902/soad19op.jpg[" alt=""/img86fd786449]

Went to the concert in Oakland last night, it was nuts. Ill post more pics later cuz imageshack is teh gay.

ben laden

09-10-2005 11:58:30

Did you see THe Mars Volta too?! You bastard!

nicd.01

09-10-2005 12:19:49

I listened to a radio interview with their bassist and he said that he "didn't know" what the songs were about because the singer and guitarist don't tell him. roll What do I think the songs are really about? Absolutely nothing.

Allen626

09-10-2005 12:26:22

Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.

J4320

09-10-2005 12:34:04

What did imageshack do?

ben laden

09-10-2005 16:41:19

[quote52b7878e52="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quote52b7878e52]

You're a moron. Stop talking.

nicd.01

09-10-2005 16:50:02

[quotead5e98d41f="ben laden"][quotead5e98d41f="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quotead5e98d41f]

You're a moron. Stop talking.[/quotead5e98d41f]

Dayum!

JOSHBOX

09-10-2005 19:22:37

If you read into a lot of their songs you can find meaning. I did see mars volat and they were HORRIBLE. Dunno how their cd is but I walked out on their set after 3 songs. Imageshack wasnt letting me upload pictures earlier but ill post some more in a bit.

Allen626

09-10-2005 19:40:30

[quote175a474ab7="ben laden"][quote175a474ab7="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quote175a474ab7]

You're a moron. Stop talking.[/quote175a474ab7]

Go listen to U2, and try to find some meaning. I hate stupid people who think songs are deep. Espically songs from today. Seriously, there is very little good music anymore.

ROFL, or go watch Donnie Darko and try to think of the subliminal meanings and shit. Maybe some Matrix sequals while you are at it.

JOSHBOX

10-10-2005 16:35:44

http/" alt=""/img419.imageshack.us/img="419/3563/soad26ae.jpg[" alt=""/img115a5118e4]

Another pic of the stage and crowd, that pic was taken from where i was sitting. U guys need to hear their song hypnotize from their new cd they just put it up on their main page at www.systemofadown.com.

ben laden

10-10-2005 22:18:06

[quoteaa73e1f258="Allen626"][quoteaa73e1f258="ben laden"][quoteaa73e1f258="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quoteaa73e1f258]

You're a moron. Stop talking.[/quoteaa73e1f258]

Go listen to U2, and try to find some meaning. I hate stupid people who think songs are deep. Espically songs from today. Seriously, there is very little good music anymore.

ROFL, or go watch Donnie Darko and try to think of the subliminal meanings and shit. Maybe some Matrix sequals while you are at it.[/quoteaa73e1f258]

1) I will not go listen to U2 because I don't listen to shitty music.
2) There is not only good music today, but there are PLENTY of bands that put out songs that have TONS of meaning. Tool, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Darkest Hour, Converge, Dream Theater, Marilyn Manson, Kanye West, Muse, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Refused, Sage Francis, Smashing Pumpkins, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Mars Volta, Tupac, Underoath. Those are all artists that have come out with MEANINGFUL material in the last 10 years that happen to be in my playlist right now. Oh, and you want my trump card? Coheed and Cambria. Bam. Sit the fuck down, kid. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look 'em up.
3) Deep/Meaningful =/= Subliminal (BTW THAT LITTLE SYMBOL THERE MEANS "DOES NOT EQUAL" IN CASE U DIDN'T KNO LOLZ)
4) "If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf."
Once again, I repeat You're a moron; stop talking.

damac

10-10-2005 22:46:38

i like kelly clarkson, ya'll can fuck off )

JOSHBOX

11-10-2005 07:57:18

[quote2948a074f2="damac"]i like kelly clarkson, ya'll can fuck off )[/quote2948a074f2]

lol

dudelovesFinch1035

11-10-2005 09:37:37

[quote0b04dbed0e="Allen626"][quote0b04dbed0e="ben laden"][quote0b04dbed0e="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quote0b04dbed0e]

You're a moron. Stop talking.[/quote0b04dbed0e]

ROFL, or go watch Donnie Darko and try to think of the subliminal meanings and shit. Maybe some Matrix sequals while you are at it.[/quote0b04dbed0e]Fuck U2 )

Allen626

11-10-2005 13:10:02

[quotebd0621fee1="ben laden"][quotebd0621fee1="Allen626"][quotebd0621fee1="ben laden"][quotebd0621fee1="Allen626"]Yeah, System of a Down Songs are just nonsence with a little rhyme. All you have to do is look at there lyrics on paper, and you are like what the fuck. People place way too much importance on lyrics, they think it is the answer to the universe and that they are all deep and shit. Hell most "deep" books arent even deep, and half the time they just make it seem deep. If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf.

Some of there songs have some meaning though I think, like B.Y.O.B. is suppose to talk about the Iraq war. At least that is what it seems like from listening to it. Most songs they sing though it doesnt seem like it means anything though.[/quotebd0621fee1]

You're a moron. Stop talking.[/quotebd0621fee1]

ROFL, or go watch Donnie Darko and try to think of the subliminal meanings and shit. Maybe some Matrix sequals while you are at it.[/quotebd0621fee1]

1) I will not go listen to U2 because I don't listen to shitty music.
2) There is not only good music today, but there are PLENTY of bands that put out songs that have TONS of meaning. Tool, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Darkest Hour, Converge, Dream Theater, Marilyn Manson, Kanye West, Muse, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Refused, Sage Francis, Smashing Pumpkins, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Mars Volta, Tupac, Underoath. Those are all artists that have come out with MEANINGFUL material in the last 10 years that happen to be in my playlist right now. Oh, and you want my trump card? Coheed and Cambria. Bam. Sit the fuck down, kid. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look 'em up.
3) Deep/Meaningful =/= Subliminal (BTW THAT LITTLE SYMBOL THERE MEANS "DOES NOT EQUAL" IN CASE U DIDN'T KNO LOLZ)
4) "If you want someone intricate, and deep, read the Dune series. That book series goes from crazy to wierd. When the Lord is a huge fucking worm you are just like wtf."
Once again, I repeat You're a moron; stop talking.[/quotebd0621fee1]

ROFLMAO. You make != ; =/=?

I love how you list bands that are old or dead. Tupac, and Smashing Pumpkins lol. AND KANYE WEST. KANYE WEST OMFG. All I can say is "Bush hates black people". Seriously if you acknowledge ANYTHING that comes from that guy you should be shot. ASAP.

Rage Against the Machine is a whole bunch of retards, albeit good music though. People that want to overthrow our government with force make me ROFL IRL.

Nine Inch Nails... You are probaly alluding to "The Hand that Feeds". OK song, lyrics for retards though. Nothing deep though, oh noes the shitty antiwar lyrics burn me from the inside! AHHHHHHHHHH.

Perfect Circle does not even write there lyrics, so who fucking cares. Some good music though. Not as good as others, but ok. Definetaly better then "Bite the Hand that Feeds".

Oh that leads me to the fact that most albums only have one good song on them nowadays. I don't think I have listened to any other song in NiN new album other then Bite the Hand that Feeds. Hell, I usually skip that one because there is better ones in my playlist, and it is overated to bejesus and back.

Muse, and Radiohead does pwn though. You win there. But I don't really listen to there lyrics much. So I can't really say anything about them. But it is probaly the same lets make it appear deep so we can get customers.

Tupac was good rap, and brought light to the fact of poor poverty striken urban environments. But he did not ever say anything really 'deep'. Meaninfull, I suppose, but not deep.

All in all if you want Deep, go read some poetry. Not the new shitty Emo poetry, but real poetry. Poetry is actually really really good if you give it a chance, and is not a girl thing like most people think. Robert Browning, and Chaucer are two you should look into. They are popular, and have some good stuff. Dark Tower series was based off of one of Robert Brownings poems, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came, I need to read it.

I dont even know who Coheed and Cambria, but I will be downloading there disco in just a second to critique them. I wikipedia'd them and saw one of there singles is "Welcome Home" hopefully that is a remake of Metallica's. Cause Metallica owns.

Allen626

11-10-2005 13:28:39

I still can not get over that you posted Kayne West as a artist that is deep. The laughing stock of the world. Whenever I want to up my mood I just watch that clip over and over again. It works all the time.

There is even a guy that remixed it into a rap song. Most halrious shit ever.

"George Bush hates black people". It even beats "Too bad we dont live in the days of duels".

Vector

11-10-2005 14:34:06

Yea they were playing here in Chicago with Mars Volta too, i heard it was awesome.

ben laden

11-10-2005 16:12:15

[quote43be328141="Allen626"][quote43be328141="ben laden"][quote43be328141="Allen626"][quote43be328141="ben laden"][quote43be328141="Allen626"]I'm a retard.[/quote43be328141]

I can't say I disagree[/quote43be328141]

More retarded bullshit.[/quote43be328141]

Hard own.[/quote43be328141]

ROFLMAO. You make != ; =/=?[/quote43be328141]

Maybe in CompSci-land that matters, but here it doesn't.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]I love how you list bands that are old or dead. Tupac, and Smashing Pumpkins lol. [/quote43be328141]

Of the bands I listed (I listed 18), the only ones who aren't putting music out anymore are Rage Against the Machine, Refused, Smashing Pumpkins, and Tupac. Good game moron.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]AND KANYE WEST. KANYE WEST OMFG. All I can say is "Bush hates black people". Seriously if you acknowledge ANYTHING that comes from that guy you should be shot. ASAP.[/quote43be328141]

Quite frankly if this is the quality of your argument "you should be shot ASAP." Especially if you're ignorant enough to think that's "all he can say." Yeah, that was stupid, I acknowledge that, but that doesn't mean he isn't a great rapper with actual SUBSTANCE.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Rage Against the Machine is a whole bunch of retards, albeit good music though. People that want to overthrow our government with force make me ROFL IRL.[/quote43be328141]

You are such a dumbfuck it astounds me that you can even read and write. "I don't agree with RATM's political views, so I think their music doesn't matter."

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Nine Inch Nails... You are probaly alluding to "The Hand that Feeds". OK song, lyrics for retards though. Nothing deep though, oh noes the shitty antiwar lyrics burn me from the inside! AHHHHHHHHHH.[/quote43be328141]

Hmm, you're probably alluding to the land of retarded assumptions. I was ACTUALLY "alluding" to The Downward Spiral and The Fragile--two concept albums that are a couple of the greatest rock albums ever made. Culture yourself before you talk shit on the internet please.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Perfect Circle does not even write there lyrics, so who fucking cares. Some good music though. Not as good as others, but ok. Definetaly better then "Bite the Hand that Feeds".[/quote43be328141]

Once again, please know what the fuck you're talking about before more shit comes flying out of your mouth. MJK himself writes the lyrics. OH WAIT. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT "EMOTIVE," WHICH IS MOSTLY COMPRISED OF COVER SONGS! OH! Well then that just reveals how IGNORANT you are that you're not aware that they had two FANTASTIC albums before that.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Oh that leads me to the fact that most albums only have one good song on them nowadays. I don't think I have listened to any other song in NiN new album other then Bite the Hand that Feeds. Hell, I usually skip that one because there is better ones in my playlist, and it is overated to bejesus and back.[/quote43be328141]

Cool, congratulations, you're skipping out on a fantastic album. Which brings me the fact that all of those bands I listed above I buy their albums because of the ALBUM, not because of a song or two. Oh right, because they put out QUALITY MUSIC, which is what this whole argument is about.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Muse, and Radiohead does pwn though. You win there. But I don't really listen to there lyrics much. So I can't really say anything about them. But it is probaly the same lets make it appear deep so we can get customers.[/quote43be328141]

HEY! more assumptions. You pretty much invalidated YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT. Thanks for doing the work for me.

[quote43be328141="Allen626"]Tupac was good rap, and brought light to the fact of poor poverty striken urban environments. But he did not ever say anything really 'deep'. Meaninfull, I suppose, but not deep.

All in all if you want Deep, go read some poetry. Not the new shitty Emo poetry, but real poetry. Poetry is actually really really good if you give it a chance, and is not a girl thing like most people think. Robert Browning, and Chaucer are two you should look into. They are popular, and have some good stuff. Dark Tower series was based off of one of Robert Brownings poems, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came, I need to read it.

I dont even know who Coheed and Cambria, but I will be downloading there disco in just a second to critique them. I wikipedia'd them and saw one of there singles is "Welcome Home" hopefully that is a remake of Metallica's. Cause Metallica owns.[/quote43be328141]

Tupac was not only good, but one of the best rappers that ever lived. Because he had meaningful deep lyrics, maybe??? Yeah....maybe you should check those out. I think it's deep if it gets people to pay attention and try to change things.
It's not a cover, and thank you for invalidating your argument yet again with the "metallica owns" comment. We've been discussing "deep meaningful" music this entire time, and now you chime in with "metallica owns" after dismissing all those other bands? Are you fucking kidding me?

Jesus fucking christ, why are people like you allowed to live?

Allen626

11-10-2005 18:44:39

Tupac did not motivate anyone to do anything. They can not even catch who shot him.

RATM is a good musical band, but its lyrics are for retards. Anyone that is a Anarchist is a fucking moron. END OF STORY. There is no political view about this, they are retarded. I don't really have to get in to the reason why anarchism is retarded do I? Im pretty sure I do not because you seem to be able to write sentances.

I do not know most of the bands you mentioned, just like if I mentioned the bands I listen to you probaly would not know some of them as well.

And really you have never once proven to me that your lyrics have any real deep thoughts to them. Maybe they have meaning to someone with no education behind them, but anyone with a high school diploma can see that they are just stating something obvious, or basic news.

The argument is not about QUALITY MUSIC, it is about having deep thought in your songs. I by no means im denying that your music is bad, just that it has no deep meaning to it. You probaly sit down, and try to reason out what the lyrics mean when all they are is pseudo-deep.

Like I said before, there is no, or very few, musical lyrics that actually have something deep in them. Deep as in it takes you a while to figure out the meaning, and then after you do you think about it for days to come.

tracemhunter

11-10-2005 21:36:21

system of a down is great music roll. it is an armenian and his butt buddies screaming in mics and playing the same riff over and over again.

o and btw, your seats sucked.

JOSHBOX

11-10-2005 21:41:10

[quotead79cdfb42="tracemhunter"]system of a down is great music roll. it is an armenian and his butt buddies screaming in mics and playing the same riff over and over again.

o and btw, your seats sucked.[/quotead79cdfb42]

Nice threadcrap.

ben laden

11-10-2005 22:13:11

sorry josh, had to stick up for good music. (

JUNIOR6886

11-10-2005 22:33:53

shock at some of the posts in this thread......
U2 is such trash.... SOAD OWNS EM'!!!!

tracyMcDouche try listening to a REAL band one of these days...