Lost Season2Episode3

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23575

Allen626

05-10-2005 19:09:20

I thought it was pretty good, I am hoping it is not the obvious that it is all just a experiment. The writers seem decent enough to not go the way of the cope out, at least to me.

I still have no clue who the 'Others' are though, and why they need kids. It would seem that the islands wierdness only dates back to 1970's because there is no evidence which there should be of previous incidents. The elecrtomagnet thing has to be some clue or something.

Vector

05-10-2005 19:14:25

so who are the guys who put the people in the ditch?

Allen626

05-10-2005 19:32:47

The 'Others' put the people in the ditch. I dont know who they are like why they are there and there motives etc... I know there physical features, that is it.

Fugger

05-10-2005 22:05:26

So what is Jack's big beef with Locke? I don't get it. Penis envy?

Now what do we do with another crazy person running around the island... At least he only has food on him, right brother?

What's up with that chick teaming up with the others? If memory serves correctly, she was indeed on the plane. Maybe she's just that chick that everyone bangs in the 'others'

The island magnetics... Since we haven't seen how Locke has been crippled, i guess it's too early to presume but could the magnetics help Locke walk somehow? What about the plane's nav system? Both planes, what if both planes went crazy... Although the small plane was on fire when it was coming in, but... Who knows!

Also, Locke got to bang Peggy Bundy... Lucky son of a bitch.

Peinecone

05-10-2005 22:32:04

I am pretty sure, the people that caged them up are not the "others." The people that took walt had a boat, a light and presumably other things. I think the people that put the guys in the cage, are the people that were in the rear of the plane, and maybe are on the defensive against the "others." Maybe they had someone infiltrait their group, just like whats-his-name that took Claire.

One thing that really puzzles me is when was the underground thing built and when was the last time someone from the project was there. Many of the things date back from the 80's or earlier. The date on the Orientation film was 1980. The computer and many of the other electronics are from the early 80s. But other things, like the washer and dryer, are only a few years old, 8 at the most. I only caught it, cause i used to work at Sears selling appliances.
So when was the last time it was replenished. And the food supply is fairly full. If it was 1-2 people living their for over 5 years, the shelves would look a little more empty i think.

bballp6699

05-10-2005 22:43:32

[quote4d39768292="Peinecone"]I am pretty sure, the people that caged them up are not the "others." The people that took walt had a boat, a light and presumably other things. I think the people that put the guys in the cage, are the people that were in the rear of the plane, and maybe are on the defensive against the "others." Maybe they had someone infiltrait their group, just like whats-his-name that took Claire.
[/quote4d39768292]

Why do you think that? Because they're black. Fucking racist... ;)

Yeah, I agree though. The other dudes where wearing rain ponchos. These guys were wearing some tiki shit.

abrock124

05-10-2005 22:52:46

the others were the people from the back of the plane, thats why the girl knew the flight number and everything. They just landed in 2 different spots on the island apparently. the whole group needs to move down into that underground building it was pretty nice

Peinecone

05-10-2005 22:56:12

[quote30bece857f="abrock124"]the others were the people from the back of the plane, thats why the girl knew the flight number and everything. They just landed in 2 different spots on the island apparently. the whole group needs to move down into that underground building it was pretty nice[/quote30bece857f]
Why do you asume the girl and the people who took them captive are the "others." Then who are the people who took Walt? Like Sawyer said, that boat is only for short distances. It either came from the Island or somewhere very close. And the people from the rear of the plane don't have a boat.

Cash4Cookies

05-10-2005 23:29:37

There are others, but each group thinks their the others. Does that make sence? What do you guys think about the "Orientation" video?

bballp6699

05-10-2005 23:40:32

Where's GodRock? She'll let us know what's going on.

Admin

06-10-2005 00:34:56

Wherever the new girl's from, the rest of her group are definitely the others.

Cash4Cookies

06-10-2005 07:08:55

no way dude, that girl is just from the back of the plain, the girl (anna lucia) and her group think thet saywer, jin, and mike, are the others. The black dude also could be the black ladies husband, remember he was in the back of the plain going to the bathroom.

kposse77

06-10-2005 08:32:07

If they are really all from the back of the plane, why would one of the first things they build be a cage for holding prisoners? I know that Michelle Rodriguez's character met Jack before they got on the plane, but if they're not "the others", what would be the point of telling the guys in the pit that she was the sole survivor? And what's up with Jin speaking English in the preview of the next episode? I'm thinking dream sequence of some sort.

Fugger

06-10-2005 08:43:53

[quotef12c3204c5="kposse77"]why would one of the first things they build be a cage for holding prisoners? [/quotef12c3204c5]

I'm sure it wasn't the first thing they did, I mean, they've been out there over a month, closing on 2... I'm sure it was just a little further on the list.

[quotef12c3204c5="kposse77"]
And what's up with Jin speaking Engligh in the preview of the next episode? I'm thinking dream sequence of some sort.[/quotef12c3204c5]

I'm thinking that Jin has a secret coming up that will be a bigger shocker than when his hot wife started speaking de engrish.

[if12c3204c5]Written from stolen WiFi[/if12c3204c5][/sizef12c3204c5]

Godrockdj

06-10-2005 10:42:06

I'm here, I've been sick the past couple of days (

Ok my thoughts I do [ba16ea728ce]not[/ba16ea728ce] think last night's group are "The Others". I believe that most of them (with the possible exception of Mr. Shaft) are the survivors from the rear of the plane. They have simply evolved differently ala Lord of the Flies. Don't forget, this group seems to be led by Ana-Lucia, who the writers have stated has guerilla warfare training. They aren't going to be led the same way jack and Locke led the other group.

bballp6699

06-10-2005 10:44:49

I expected better Godrock...

/me is disappointed cry

Godrockdj

06-10-2005 10:51:40

[quotee98cb9a152="bballp6699"]I expected better Godrock...

/me is disappointed cry[/quotee98cb9a152]

Are you kidding me? I'm whacked out by a cold and the cooresponding medicine. Leave me alone P

Also, you wonder why the trap? I think this group of survivors has [ie98cb9a152]also[/ie98cb9a152] come in contact with The Others - hence their suspicion of the 3 raft survivors - they thought Sawyer, Jin, and Michael were part of that group. Ana Lucia pressed them for information and when she found out that they were from the same plane crash, she became confused...

And I haven't even gotten into the whole hatch/ orientation tape yet... Don't think I'm quite up to disecting that right now p Go to the specific episode forum at http//Lost-forum.com

Fugger

06-10-2005 10:57:03

http//www.thehansofoundation.org/

Godrockdj

06-10-2005 11:01:44

Haha, thanks for the link. Also there is debate on whether or not this "Hanso" is Jin's father-in-law

Fugger

06-10-2005 11:23:12

There is a video hidden on the site somewhere.

The images directory is viewable

http//www.thehansofoundation.org/images/ref_video.gif
http//www.thehansofoundation.org/images/vid_placeholder.gif

bballp6699

06-10-2005 11:24:57

Charlie is such a bitch. It seems from the previews that he will keep that streak going...

That chick that was dumped in the hole is such a horrible actress.

Archon810

06-10-2005 11:29:26

ok i have one major BULLSHIT to call.

it's a FUCKING computer, even in the prehistoric 80s it could have been programmed to enter some stupid code every 108 minutes. either the writers are really dumb or indeed nothing would happen if the code is not entered and it's all an experiment, in which case the guy who's down there is dumb.

Lost has been pissing me off for a while now with their stupid shit and the fact that whenever somebody asks a question, the other person HAS to not answer for at least half an hour or at least a couple of episodes.

and this BROTHAAA guy, I want to fucking kill him, he's so annoying.

Archon810

06-10-2005 11:30:18

[quotefaa1258ec5="bballp6699"]Charlie is such a bitch. It seems from the previews that he will keep that streak going...

That chick that was dumped in the hole is such a horrible actress.[/quotefaa1258ec5]

yeah, i hate michelle rodriguez, she's a bad actress and ugly too.

Fugger

06-10-2005 11:31:01

http//www.dharmaindustries.com/ as well

Vector

06-10-2005 13:02:14

these discussions are worthless, lol but they are still fun

bballp6699

06-10-2005 13:04:12

[quote440c6700dc="Archon810"]ok i have one major BULLSHIT to call.

it's a FUCKING computer, even in the prehistoric 80s it could have been programmed to enter some stupid code every 108 minutes. either the writers are really dumb or indeed nothing would happen if the code is not entered and it's all an experiment, in which case the guy who's down there is dumb.

Lost has been pissing me off for a while now with their stupid shit and the fact that whenever somebody asks a question, the other person HAS to not answer for at least half an hour or at least a couple of episodes.

and this BROTHAAA guy, I want to fucking kill him, he's so annoying.[/quote440c6700dc]

I don't think they want a script that does that. I think they wanted someone to be there and push the button the whole time. I doubt "BROTHAAA" knows anything about programming, so I don't think he's creating any scripts.