Circuit City guarantee...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23527

KeithA

05-10-2005 06:20:31

Is this as easy to take advantage of as it sounds? Guess it all depends on your proximity to a CC store...

Circuit City Stores Inc. is raising the bar for buy-online, pick-up-in-the-store service. This week it launched a guarantee that anything ordered online or through its call center will be ready to pick up in a local store in 24 minutes. If not, the customer will receive a $24 Circuit City gift card.
The clock on the 24 minutes starts ticking at the time of the date stamp on the confirming e-mail.

"Many of our customers have enjoyed the convenience of buying products online and picking them up in our nearby stores," said Fiona Dias, Circuit City`s senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "Circuit City pioneered in-store pickup for web purchases and this guarantee takes our customer service promise to the next level. We know shoppers are especially busy during the holidays and they need to be able to count on prompt service."

...there are some notable exceptions to the policy—it’s not available the day after Thanksgiving or the two days after Christmas. The 24 minutes also does not include the time customers spend in the store waiting in line. The guarantee requires a purchase of at least $25.

Circuit City has offered in-store pickup as an option for online customers since July 1999, when the company launched CircuitCity.com.

Fugger

05-10-2005 07:13:58

I live about 5 minutes away from a CC. I should find the most obscure thing and order it. I could also order a CD or a movie, because the way they organize their media around here is god effing awful.

KeithA

05-10-2005 07:14:45

[quotedbcdf5e75c="Fugger"]I live about 5 minutes away from a CC. I should find the most obscure thing and order it. I could also order a CD or a movie, because the way they organize their media around here is god effing awful.[/quotedbcdf5e75c]

That's kinda what I was thinking.

jlaw

05-10-2005 09:51:28

They're pretty fast. I went in to a CC to get them to pricematch an MX1000 mouse I needed, but when I talked to the manager they wouldn't do it. The CC price was way cheaper online than in-store, and I didn't want to go all the way home to order it, so I went to one of their demo laptops and ordered it from their website while in the store. I immediately logged out of their site and I hadn't gotten more than 15 feet before an employee holding an online order printout walked past me and grabbed the mouse. I was impressed.

tonydanza92

05-10-2005 10:06:05

[quotec35748d4b9="Fugger"]I live about 5 minutes away from a CC. I should find the most obscure thing and order it. I could also order a CD or a movie, because the way they organize their media around here is god effing awful.[/quotec35748d4b9]

if you do it with a movie you should go in store first and hide all the copies of it on the shelf

they may have plenty of copies in the back but it will definitely slow things down a bit lol

KeithA

05-10-2005 10:19:53

[quote23515d064d="jlaw"]They're pretty fast. I went in to a CC to get them to pricematch an MX1000 mouse I needed, but when I talked to the manager they wouldn't do it. The CC price was way cheaper online than in-store, and I didn't want to go all the way home to order it, so I went to one of their demo laptops and ordered it from their website while in the store. I immediately logged out of their site and I hadn't gotten more than 15 feet before an employee holding an online order printout walked past me and grabbed the mouse. I was impressed.[/quote23515d064d]

I wonder whether they've thought about the online vs in-store price discrepancies. It sounds like you had no problem ordering from inside the store with one of their demo laptops, and with this new guarantee, there's almost no reason not to order online.