Are congas still a valuable to way to gain referrals?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=23492

Brok3n_Sword

04-10-2005 16:47:41

Just thought I'd mention this. I talked to wood about it a while ago, and he was going to mention it to the admin. Well he never got around to it, I'm sure he was busy. And now that he's not a mod, I'm sure his opinion isn't quite as valuable to the admin. Anyway, I created a conga site about 11 months ago. I think it's about the fairest system out there as far as congas go, the only part you could argue that isn't fair is the initial referral link for it all to begin; it has to start somewhere. After that it's fair game for everyone involved. The section of the site specifically tied to the congas has almost 1900 members. I think with some joint partnership with FIPG, or any other advertising ideas could really help. If any of you guys want to check it out, please PM me or talk to me on AIM. This is in no attempt to spam my site, so if asking people to contact me is too much, then I'll remove my post. Admin, you can of course contact me if you're interested in a partnership or what have you, but I know you're probably busy.

JOSHBOX

04-10-2005 16:50:16

congas dont work, wood has been banned, move along.

Blink182=Gone

04-10-2005 16:50:55

it might be worth a shot to start some of our own congas...here, on FIPG.

Matt8789

04-10-2005 16:52:51

Congas are only good if you are able to get their WHEN THEY OPEN and et in quick..not when they've been out their for weeks or months even a day its useless then

doylnea

04-10-2005 16:53:15

[quotecb2709e75c="Blink182=Gone"]it might be worth a shot to start some of our own congas...here, on FIPG.[/quotecb2709e75c]

Admin is adamantly against Congas.

Brok3n_Sword

04-10-2005 16:53:59

[quote0e7d207f08="JOSHBOX"]congas dont work, wood has been banned, move along.[/quote0e7d207f08]

I know that in theory congas only help out the first few people, but I think this has the greatest potential to help the greatest number of people before interest is lost. Maybe this was a bad idea, so I don't know if it's worth it to go on a whole big spiel..

Brok3n_Sword

04-10-2005 16:55:59

[quote2f17b9ae60="Blink182=Gone"]it might be worth a shot to start some of our own congas...here, on FIPG.[/quote2f17b9ae60]

And I wouldn't mind trying to help the admin work in this system to FIPG, but it would probably be a lot of work. If anyone wants to see how it works, just contact me

ilanbg

04-10-2005 16:57:26

Fuck congas. Those really are pyramid schemes.

ragefu

04-10-2005 17:00:29

Don't most sites TOS say you can't use congas

doylnea

04-10-2005 17:10:33

[quotecc3d97b3cb="Brok3n_Sword"][quotecc3d97b3cb="Blink182=Gone"]it might be worth a shot to start some of our own congas...here, on FIPG.[/quotecc3d97b3cb]

And I wouldn't mind trying to help the admin work in this system to FIPG, but it would probably be a lot of work. If anyone wants to see how it works, just contact me[/quotecc3d97b3cb]

Admin is adamantly against Congas. He has been since the beginning of this site. I approached him about 12 months ago, (just after he opened the forums here), and about 2 months after my site, the original conga forum was opened and we had traded hundreds of referrals for lots of people, and he wasn't interested in partnering then. He will not be interested now.

As for Conga sites, I tend to believe they do work for about the first 10 people or so, and if you have a fair system of assigning the first few spots, you can really spread out the referrals. When I operated my site, we used to assign the top spot based on contributions to the forum - so someone who helped newbs and followed the rules was likely to be at the top of a new Conga.

I think the CongaCircle was a good idea too, but I think that all of those referral gathering ways have kind of met their match now that people have started paying so much for referrals. I am much more apt to wait around a couple of days and let a price materialize for a referral to a new site than try to jump on a Conga, because as I admitted the top 10 people are in good shape, everyone after that is out of luck.

Call me greedy, I prefer capitalist though.

Brok3n_Sword

04-10-2005 17:14:19

[quotedf39e6d464="doylnea"][quotedf39e6d464="Brok3n_Sword"][quotedf39e6d464="Blink182=Gone"]it might be worth a shot to start some of our own congas...here, on FIPG.[/quotedf39e6d464]

And I wouldn't mind trying to help the admin work in this system to FIPG, but it would probably be a lot of work. If anyone wants to see how it works, just contact me[/quotedf39e6d464]

Admin is adamantly against Congas. He has been since the beginning of this site. I approached him about 12 months ago, (just after he opened the forums here), and about 2 months after my site, the original conga forum was opened and we had traded hundreds of referrals for lots of people, and he wasn't interested in partnering then. He will not be interested now.

As for Conga sites, I tend to believe they do work for about the first 10 people or so, and if you have a fair system of assigning the first few spots, you can really spread out the referrals. When I operated my site, we used to assign the top spot based on contributions to the forum - so someone who helped newbs and followed the rules was likely to be at the top of a new Conga.

I think the CongaCircle was a good idea too, but I think that all of those referral gathering ways have kind of met their match now that people have started paying so much for referrals. I am much more apt to wait around a couple of days and let a price materialize for a referral to a new site than try to jump on a Conga, because as I admitted the top 10 people are in good shape, everyone after that is out of luck.

Call me greedy, I prefer capitalist though.[/quotedf39e6d464]

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The site is currently like conga circle, but has a complete user interface and it's all automated, blah blah blah. I guess people prefer paying and trading these days.