My Lunch Time Saga

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22648

halfbreed

22-09-2005 18:27:10

Okay, my high school is huge, population wise. We have at the least 2,500 kids there. There was even a news report about overcrowding. And well the student parking lot is basically filled up. They were actually doing raffles to give away the last couple of spots. So I park on a residential street across the street from the school.

Me and my friend eat lunch, then go to our cars to drop off things we don't need. We both park on a residential street. A week ago some man came out telling me friend he doesn't want him to park there and that he should park somewhere else yada yada. I didn't know he said that because I was putting things in my car. Well my friend told me and I was like wtf? So being a stubborn asshole person I am, I decided to make sure I parked in that exact spot, on purpose twisted

Today (week later) we were doing the daily routine and the guy came around telling my friend "I thought I told you not to park here." Now mind you my friend wasn't parked in the same spot as last time I was. So I walked over there and said

"Hey what's up, is there a problem"
"Yeah I don't want you guys parking here. There are a ton of spots open in the student parking lot at your school. You need to park there."
"Dude there's hardly any spots at the school what are you talking about"
"Yes there is I just checked!"
"It's fucking lunch time of course there is now. They all go out to eat."
"Well I've seen at least 30-40 spots before lunch." (bullshit)
"Well I'm sorry but I'm going to keep parking here."
"You see that car right there (it was across the street from his house/business whatever which is about 15 feet max)."
"Yeah I see it."
"They have to park there because of you."
"That's too bad."
"Okay I'll report you to the school, until they do something." Now the school really can't do shit. It's across the street.
"Go ahead man, 796-7400 they can't do shit."
"Pfft yeah well I'm going to take your license plate number too." Then he busts out some little notepad and a pen.
"Have fun man. (Then I read my license numbers out loud to save him the time of looking; I also told him it was a green toyota tacoma 99')"

Then I told him to have a nice day. So tomorrow me and my friends are going to get food and have a little tailgate lunch at my truck D

Just so you all know. There are NO signs saying no parking. It is not a red zone.

Just thought I'd share...curious what everyones opinions are. If you even read all of that haha. I know some people are going to be like hell yeah I'd do the same. And some will say you are an asshole etc.

halfbreed

22-09-2005 18:30:57

I thought I'd add some more details.

1. It costs $10 to park in the student parking lot. Sure it's only $10 but if I can park somewhere else for free why not?

2. Last year some mother fucker got his car stolen from our parking lot.

3. It's a bitch to find a spot with over 100 cars in your way.

jadem

22-09-2005 18:40:46

Wait til college. Parking is a bitch on most campuses. ;)

tracemhunter

22-09-2005 18:45:24

my high school had 4100 kids last year. the time lapse of the graduation runs anywhere from 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours each year. we had a parking lot for each class. the freshman didnt have a lot because they dont have a license. you just have to remember the area that you park and you will be fine.

FreeOffersNow

22-09-2005 18:56:12

Alot of people seem to be having sagas lately. Is it dictionary.com's word of the week or something?

halfbreed

22-09-2005 19:02:46

It seems like saying saga attracts more attention. Like when I saw Juniors thread that said Saga it made me interested. If it had said story I probably wouldn't have clicked.

slease

22-09-2005 19:03:34

Interesting, I have a couple ideas for your school if you want to pass them along.

1) If the lot is still filling up at $10 a spot, charge $50-$100 a spot and hire a parking monitor so cars don't get broken into.
2) Don't allow sophomores to park on campus, only juniors and seniors.

These are sure fire ways of making sure the people that want to park in the parking lot actually get to park there.

As to your situation, I'm not sure if it's a house or a business, it doesn't really matter. The street is public domain and he can bitch all he wants. If it is a business than he should have a parking lot, if it's a house than he has a driveway. So fuck him. But don't antagonize him further or you'll just end up with slashed tires.

halfbreed

22-09-2005 19:05:09

He said it's a business. But one of those things were he bought the house but turned it into a business.

slease

22-09-2005 19:06:45

[quoteaf03a5b3a6="halfbreed"]He said it's a business. But one of those things were he bought the house but turned it into a business.[/quoteaf03a5b3a6]

Than thats his dumbass problem. He bought a place without a parking lot, what does he expect. If he complains again, go check zoning laws, he's probably breaking them.

halfbreed

22-09-2005 19:08:14

What are zoning laws exactly? I've heard that term but never knew what it is. Because if he is breaking them, I would like to inform him.

JUNIOR6886

22-09-2005 19:08:18

If i got into a confrontation id be worried that the guy would try to mess with my car. You how dumb high school kids can be.... roll
everyone's stealing my word!! P

halfbreed

22-09-2005 19:10:20

I wasn't being dumb. I didn't say hey fuck you mother fucker. I just told him sorry man but I'll keep parking here. When I get there in the morning there's no where else to park, unless I feel like walking hella far which will make me tardy.

slease

22-09-2005 19:13:21

[quote3c0f22a090="halfbreed"]What are zoning laws exactly? I've heard that term but never knew what it is. Because if he is breaking them, I would like to inform him.[/quote3c0f22a090]

They are a bit complicated. From my basic sim city knowledge =) There are a few different types, Residential, Commercial and Industrial. Residential is for houses only, Commercial is for businesses and Industrial is for industry. People don't want to live next to a factory so zones are created to make sure a factory can't build next to a house. If a house exists than it is usually zoned residential but I believe that there may be an intermediary zone that allows business/residential on it. Anyways, gotta check with your city to find out if it's a problem.

dudeextrem2000

22-09-2005 20:14:56

thats awesome man keep up the good work and dont make him madder or as slease said you wont be able to drive home from the spot....

Collateral

22-09-2005 20:19:59

My school actually has about 2300 kids and our parking lot is almost filled to the max, there are about 10 free spaces every day. I just make sure I get my ass in there early so I can get one, we're actually building another parking lot that won't be done until im gone, and the air conditioning wont be done until im gone too hahahahaa

EatChex89

22-09-2005 20:24:46

haha thats hilarious dude

the old man is an ass.

its a pain in the ass to park at my college.

Fugger

23-09-2005 08:21:05

[quoteb29bc92255="EatChex89"]
its a pain in the ass to park at my college.[/quoteb29bc92255]

It is a pain in the ass to park at my college too, and a LOT of people park on the residential streets because of it. Well, the residents got pissed off, went to the town and complained enough to turn the entire neighborhood into a parking permit area. It is the school's responsibility to make sure there are enough spots. If there aren't enough spots they either need to build more or restrict parking. It would only take a few residents to get really pissed off about this and they could be towing your car next time.

Fugger

23-09-2005 08:39:16

this is my lunch time sega.

http//www.thosewerethedays.de/items/hardware/sega/game_gear/game_gear3.jpg[" alt=""/imge5be7178d1]

dug1200

23-09-2005 08:56:41

so what exactly do you "drop off" at your car....hmmmm

drugs are bad m'kay

JUNIOR6886

23-09-2005 09:00:04

[quotef3ca268b24="Fugger"]this is my lunch time sega.

http//www.thosewerethedays.de/items/hardware/sega/game_gear/game_gear3.jpg[" alt=""/imgf3ca268b24][/quotef3ca268b24]

I dont think the gamegear has enough battery life to last through lunch lol

halfbreed

23-09-2005 17:19:10

[quote4bb5acf3b7="dug1200"]so what exactly do you "drop off" at your car....hmmmm

drugs are bad m'kay[/quote4bb5acf3b7]

My backpack, and books I don't need anymore. And I get my book that I need for the next class.

But anyway, a little update on the story.

This morning I parked and was going to cross the street to go to school. My principal was parked close by and stopped me. He said hello asked how I was doing. He was hella cool about it. He asked if I had a permit for the student parking lot. I told him no and I didn't want one. He said well the guy is complaining and that he told the guy it is a public street so he couldn't do much but he'd try. Then he said if I changed my mind to come see him. He said he could pull some strings to get me a permit. Meaning I was right and there is hardly any spots.

Lunch Me and my friends went to Fosters got food to go and tailgated in front of there house. We weren't bumping music or being loud and annoying. The guy never showed up but oh well. Then when we were going to leave I decided to put the box with trash under my car. Because I had a milkshake and I didn't want it to melt in the bed. I honestly was going to throw the trash away when I got back after 6th.

So I go to my car after school and the trash is in the bed of my truck. I didn't notice until I went to through away the the box, but there was a note attached. It said
"We already had a long talk with your principal about the parking problems. If you leave trash on our street again we'll take it and show your principal what kind of people you really are!"

It made me laugh because I was going to throw it away. I was going to write "You can't do shit hahaha" And post it on their door. But I realized I have no proof if it was them plus it's a bit childish. So I didn't do it.

Another thing, me and my friend were on our way to 6th period. His alarm went off (he has one of those crazy things with a little display of a car etc.) We went to look at his car, didn't see anyone around. But after school we saw on the driver window were someone spit. Now I don't know if it was these people but who else could it be?

I think I'm going to set up my video camera in my car to record all day at school, and we'll see what happens.

slease

23-09-2005 17:28:13

Time to take it up a notch.

Shit on his lawn or something.

tpham2006

23-09-2005 17:33:58

My high school has 2500+ kids and for some fucked up reason, they decided that we can't park in the parking lot and that it was reserve for the teachers/staff use only. We all have to park on the street.

The parking lot is like 1/2 empty now that no student can park in it. Now since everyone is parking in the street, I have to park like 3 blocks away from school.

I DIDNT GET A DAMN CAR TO WALK 3 BLOCK TO SCHOOL

halfbreed

23-09-2005 17:34:25

Uhm...dude you shouldn't have given me that idea. I'm the kind of person who will do that. Thanks for that idea. Me and my friend shit on someones doorstep before.

But if I get him on tape doing something to either of our cars what could I do? Like is there an offense for spitting on a car or anything?

slease

23-09-2005 17:39:13

[quoteb3c10969ea="halfbreed"]Uhm...dude you shouldn't have given me that idea. I'm the kind of person who will do that. Thanks for that idea. Me and my friend shit on someones doorstep before.

But if I get him on tape doing something to either of our cars what could I do? Like is there an offense for spitting on a car or anything?[/quoteb3c10969ea]

Probably but if you went to the cops about it they'd just laugh at you. Fight fire with fire, don't tattle.

halfbreed

23-09-2005 17:43:05

We have a teachers parking lot on one side of the school, and student on the other.

I'm going to start collecting shit. Literally, when I take shits I'm gonna shit in a bag. And get my dogs shits. Then dump it all on his lawn. And if he tells me something I'll say shit happens.