I hope I dont get kicked outa college.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22520

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:28:32

Alright....

For one I hardley have enough money to pay tuition, lol.

For two goofing off in college and getting into fights on campus isnt so good. So I either pay a $1,000 fine... or my ass is suspended! Lol. I am $500 away from that $1,000. Thinks got worse today, hope it gets settled soon. One of the fights was to get into a group, dont even know the group name, but yea... i got arrested for it. my friend borrowed money for his mom to bail me out! I feel loved and hated at the same time lol

-EDIT- can the college even do this to me? i have to look this up. - brings up google -

bballp6699

21-09-2005 12:33:43

[quote244f0d7170="GameHost"] One of the fights was to get into a group, dont even know the group name,[/quote244f0d7170]

What a jackass.

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:34:13

[quote3cf7dbe83b="bballp6699"][quote3cf7dbe83b="GameHost"] One of the fights was to get into a group, dont even know the group name,[/quote3cf7dbe83b]

What a jackass.[/quote3cf7dbe83b]

Lol, that was my first week of college ;)

good2speed

21-09-2005 12:35:00

yes a school can charge you fines for disciplinary action. What are you doing fighting anyways. What was the club/organaztion you were trying to get into the Fight Club?

Basically stay away from fighting as your future is worth more than getting into fistfights. Going the route of legal recourse won't help you much as I'm sure the school has plenty of lawyers working for them and it would cost you a hella a lot of money just to fight the case. And Im assuming your not the guy that fought Microsoft in court.

Bottom line stay out of fights.

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:36:38

[quote7b0c264bae="good2speed"]yes a school can charge you fines for disciplinary action. What are you doing fighting anyways. What was the club/organaztion you were trying to get into the Fight Club?

Basically stay away from fighting as your future is worth more than getting into fistfights. Going the route of legal recourse won't help you much as I'm sure the school has plenty of lawyers working for them and it would cost you a hella a lot of money just to fight the case. And Im assuming your not the guy that fought Microsoft in court.

Bottom line stay out of fights.[/quote7b0c264bae]

It was 3 fights, 2 of them were defending myself, but the officials saw it differently (ofcourse they came at the end and didn't see it all).

LOL no wasnt the Fight Club. You know what... i havent seen the club since i got into that fight.... (

phoebe7

21-09-2005 12:37:24

[quote5ee50583ac]What was the club/organaztion you were trying to get into the Fight Club? [/quote5ee50583ac]

lol He's not allowed to talk about it.

Jake

21-09-2005 12:37:25

Fighting almost never solves anything.

In this case, it seems to have made the problem worse.

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:38:36

[quoted8efd442c6="Jake"]Fighting almost never solves anything.

In this case, it seems to have made the problem worse.[/quoted8efd442c6]

Yup, I agree. I like to think I am a bit more mature than I was when I started college. Me and the guy I hit the first week are actually kind of friends now. So... I guess I got a friend outa it LMAO

theysayjump

21-09-2005 12:39:00

the only thing i would fight for is pacifism wink

PoPoJiJo

21-09-2005 12:39:40

[quote0e04994ec0="theysayjump"]the only thing i would fight for is pacifism wink[/quote0e04994ec0]
lol nice

good2speed

21-09-2005 12:43:10

[quote995b4c04e3="GameHost"][quote995b4c04e3="Jake"]Fighting almost never solves anything.

In this case, it seems to have made the problem worse.[/quote995b4c04e3]

Yup, I agree. I like to think I am a bit more mature than I was when I started college. Me and the guy I hit the first week are actually kind of friends now. So... I guess I got a friend outa it LMAO[/quote995b4c04e3]

what has it been a week since youve been in school. Never knew the maturation process sped up so quickly. Well if you have friends or not is irrelevant. what is important however is coming up with that money. I'd suggest talking to the dean and scheduling a meeting so you can explain your situation in more detail and explain that you were on the defensive.

BTW why would you want to be friends with some one who attacked you with out provocation as you claim you were acting in defense.

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:44:20

[quote84b2f3b84c="good2speed"][quote84b2f3b84c="GameHost"][quote84b2f3b84c="Jake"]Fighting almost never solves anything.

In this case, it seems to have made the problem worse.[/quote84b2f3b84c]

Yup, I agree. I like to think I am a bit more mature than I was when I started college. Me and the guy I hit the first week are actually kind of friends now. So... I guess I got a friend outa it LMAO[/quote84b2f3b84c]

what has it been a week since youve been in school. Never knew the maturation process sped up so quickly. Well if you have friends or not is irrelevant. what is important however is coming up with that money. I'd suggest talking to the dean and scheduling a meeting so you can explain your situation in more detail and explain that you were on the defensive.

BTW why would you want to be friends with some one who attacked you with out provocation as you claim you were acting in defense.[/quote84b2f3b84c]

NOOO the guy who I fought, the one for the club thing.

Yea I am meeting the Dean friday... hopefully this can be worked out.

good2speed

21-09-2005 12:47:45

A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.

phoebe7

21-09-2005 12:50:22

[quotef0b493ffa3]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quotef0b493ffa3]

Agreed. I work in the Dean's office at my University. I see stuff like this, not very often however. Good luck.

GameHost

21-09-2005 12:51:19

Alright thanks guys.

doylnea

21-09-2005 12:52:09

[quote4ed276b490="good2speed"]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quote4ed276b490]

How is GameHost the victim?

tracemhunter

21-09-2005 12:52:22

fuck it. just pull out a crowbar and hit him with the curved side.

Vector

21-09-2005 13:06:33

"thinks" really do get bad when you fight. But then again... jackasses shouldnt be in college anyways.

Collateral

21-09-2005 13:11:10

[quote812515c7e5="Vector"]"thinks" really do get bad when you fight. But then again... jackasses shouldnt be in college anyways.[/quote812515c7e5]

lol

jadem

21-09-2005 13:19:59

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/6143eb9a42fb735201647b8d3fdc9688.gif[" alt=""/imge7ff48577d]

good2speed

21-09-2005 13:48:19

[quote5658f0b081="doylnea"][quote5658f0b081="good2speed"]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quote5658f0b081]

How is GameHost the victim?[/quote5658f0b081]

never said he was the victim. I said he should act the victim. Please pay attention

Collateral

21-09-2005 13:50:32

Just don't get in fights... simple as that. I haven't got in one yet.

doylnea

21-09-2005 13:54:29

[quote2f0dd5e47e="good2speed"][quote2f0dd5e47e="doylnea"][quote2f0dd5e47e="good2speed"]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quote2f0dd5e47e]

How is GameHost the victim?[/quote2f0dd5e47e]

never said he was the victim. I said he should act the victim. Please pay attention[/quote2f0dd5e47e]

Think before you make asinine suggestions, and remember with whom GameHost is meeting...the Dean, a pretty intelligent person who is going to be able to see though the ploy you suggest.

I recommend he go to meet with the Dean with a contrite attitude, express that he's learned his lesson, (and give an example how he learned his lesson) and vow not to do it again. Further if he can explain how he's changed his ways (albeit, an unlikely event given he's only been in school a few weeks and already gotten into trouble), he'll be in an even better position.

Why are you always so argumentative?

Vector

21-09-2005 13:56:30

Yea, If you are smart enough, you will know how to avoid a fight...

Unless its with a teacher, lol

tuxmaskone

21-09-2005 13:58:18

[quote475d7dc78b="theysayjump"]the only thing i would fight for is pacifism wink[/quote475d7dc78b]

My school must be filled with pacifists. No fights in the two years I've gone there...

But in real life, those who get hit usually deserve it. Big time.

JOSHBOX

21-09-2005 14:03:06

this isnt high school, arent you a little old for fistfights?

good2speed

21-09-2005 14:07:52

[quote21490ecedc="doylnea"][quote21490ecedc="good2speed"][quote21490ecedc="doylnea"][quote21490ecedc="good2speed"]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quote21490ecedc]

How is GameHost the victim?[/quote21490ecedc]

never said he was the victim. I said he should act the victim. Please pay attention[/quote21490ecedc]

Think before you make asinine suggestions, and remember with whom GameHost is meeting...the Dean, a pretty intelligent person who is going to be able to see though the ploy you suggest.

I recommend he go to meet with the Dean with a contrite attitude, express that he's learned his lesson, (and give an example how he learned his lesson) and vow not to do it again. Further if he can explain how he's changed his ways (albeit, an unlikely event given he's only been in school a few weeks and already gotten into trouble), he'll be in an even better position.

Why are you always so argumentative?[/quote21490ecedc]

lol @ Dean being an intelligent person. No you never admit guilt. Thats what gets people in trouble. Havent you spoken to a lawyer or had a gf ever. You get caught cheating with your girl are you gonna tell her an apologetic story on how you did wrong and that youve learned fromyour mistakes. No. DENy Deny deny

same thing with parents/ co workers pretty much anyone. If you admit to doing wrong then that can always be held against you. If you play the victim your so called "wrongs" can never be held against you.

Eg

If he admits to voluntarily fighting and somehow gets a reprieve from the dean then the next time he gets in trouble hes screwed because hes already known for being a fighter. If he plays the victim now they cant hold him on anything later.

Please pay attention. Im only argumentive bc you only think 1 step ahead while I examine things in greater detail

doylnea

21-09-2005 14:25:16

[quote9479284eb6="good2speed"][quote9479284eb6="doylnea"][quote9479284eb6="good2speed"][quote9479284eb6="doylnea"][quote9479284eb6="good2speed"]A bit of advice when meeting with the dean is to only talk when he/she allows you to. Dont try to interrupt his/her speech as this will only annoy him/her. Also dress nicely and act the victim but dont over do it.[/quote9479284eb6]

How is GameHost the victim?[/quote9479284eb6]

never said he was the victim. I said he should act the victim. Please pay attention[/quote9479284eb6]

Why are you always so argumentative?[/quote9479284eb6]

lol @ Dean being an intelligent person. No you never admit guilt. Thats what gets people in trouble. Havent you spoken to a lawyer or had a gf ever. You get caught cheating with your girl are you gonna tell her an apologetic story on how you did wrong and that youve learned fromyour mistakes. No. DENy Deny deny

same thing with parents/ co workers pretty much anyone. If you admit to doing wrong then that can always be held against you. If you play the victim your so called "wrongs" can never be held against you.

Eg

If he admits to voluntarily fighting and somehow gets a reprieve from the dean then the next time he gets in trouble hes screwed because hes already known for being a fighter. If he plays the victim now they cant hold him on anything later.

Please pay attention. Im only argumentive bc you only think 1 step ahead while I examine things in greater detail[/quote9479284eb6]

[quote9479284eb6="GameHost"]i got arrested for it[/quote9479284eb6]

The dean already knows what happened; there's a police report, and the dean already has a copy of it. Further, unless GameHost can convince the dean that the police lied in their report, the dean is more apt to believe the police report than some 18 year old kid who's already been arrested in the first two weeks of school. Thus being contrite, and penitent is a better (IMO) way to address this situation when meeting with the dean.

If you disagree with me fine, but I have several years more of life experience than you do, so I'm offering my opinion for GameHost to take or leave, or take some part of. I don't have the desire to debate with someone who can't even take the time to write in complete sentences or use any semblance of proper grammar.

As such, good luck GameHost, I hope you win your appeal with the dean.

tonydanza92

21-09-2005 14:30:38

Yeah ummm I was arrested in the dorms at my college last year for fighting with a guy...

then later for sneaking into his dorms at night to whoop his ass

I am on the highest level of probation the school gives right now which is "indefinite suspension" meaning if I do one thing at all for the rest of my career here I am out for good.

At least I am famous D
check the last article on this page http//www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/02/28/422295bed58f3?in_archive=1

and one here http//www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/18/42632c0c1c70a?in_archive=1

[quoted1b888a6d0]In a case update, Adam Scarlett, 18, 4204 Roberts Hall, was arrested on a warrant charging him with aggravated assault. He was transported to the Story County Jail. Lucas Von Glan, 18, 4233 Roberts Hall, was charged with fifth-degree criminal mischief --- he was released on citation. [/quoted1b888a6d0]
and
[quoted1b888a6d0]Officers received a report that a person who had been banned from being in any residence hall was inside Roberts Hall. Adam Scarlett, 19, of Des Moines, was subsequently arrested charged with criminal trespass and interference with official acts. He was transported to the Story County Jail.[/quoted1b888a6d0]

Getting my name out there all publicity is good publicity right??

doylnea

21-09-2005 14:32:26

[quote3b7c69813a="tonydanza92"]Yeah ummm I was arrested in the dorms at my college last year for fighting with a guy...

then later for sneaking into his dorms at night to whoop his ass

I am on the highest level of probation the school gives right now which is "indefinite suspension" meaning if I do one thing at all for the rest of my career here I am out for good.

At least I am famous D
check the last article on this page http//www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/02/28/422295bed58f3?in_archive=1

and one here http//www.iowastatedaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/18/42632c0c1c70a?in_archive=1

[quote3b7c69813a]In a case update, Adam Scarlett, 18, 4204 Roberts Hall, was arrested on a warrant charging him with aggravated assault. He was transported to the Story County Jail. Lucas Von Glan, 18, 4233 Roberts Hall, was charged with fifth-degree criminal mischief --- he was released on citation. [/quote3b7c69813a]
and
[quote3b7c69813a]Officers received a report that a person who had been banned from being in any residence hall was inside Roberts Hall. Adam Scarlett, 19, of Des Moines, was subsequently arrested charged with criminal trespass and interference with official acts. He was transported to the Story County Jail.[/quote3b7c69813a]

Getting my name out there all publicity is good publicity right??[/quote3b7c69813a]

right...until you go to apply for a job.

good2speed

21-09-2005 14:39:04

[quotead4a1379ba="doylnea"]
The dean already knows what happened; there's a police report, and the dean already has a copy of it. Further, unless GameHost can convince the dean that the police lied in their report, the dean is more apt to believe the police report than some 18 year old kid who's already been arrested in the first two weeks of school. Thus being contrite, and penitent is a better (IMO) way to address this situation when meeting with the dean.

If you disagree with me fine, but I have several years more of life experience than you do, so I'm offering my opinion for GameHost to take or leave, or take some part of. I don't have the desire to debate with someone who can't even take the time to write in complete sentences or use any semblance of proper grammar.

As such, good luck GameHost, I hope you win your appeal with the dean.[/quotead4a1379ba]

i didnt know an arrest meant an absolute conviction. In fact I think in America its innocent until proven guilty.

And as far as offering advice you did none. You decided to argue with me by saying that he wasnt the victim as I on the other hand offered him direct advice. Seems to me that your more interested in continuing an argument with me than offering advice. But thats all besides the point. What life experience do you have. Please enlighten us all though.

As far as semblance of grammar. I have a job and type very quickly and fastly. Furhtermore since you understood what I said and even responded it to in an argument I can say I got the point across. Whether you agree or not is your decision. I, who actually offered some direct advice and even got a thank you from the guy, have talked to many deans in my life and know how to play the game. But more important please enlighten us with your life experiences.

oh and btw Tony, I wouldnt recommend getting a rap sheet at such an early age but I have a load of shit on my record and am stilll getting paid well. Lets just say I've done a lot of dumb shit but have learned from my mistakes

But like said before fighting does nothing. Not promoting fighting

tonydanza92

21-09-2005 15:00:45

no believe me, it doesnt matter at my school at least if the criminal charge is dropped

my charges were lowered to assault with injury from aggravated assault but the school still tried my for the original charge

slease

21-09-2005 17:58:47

3 fights in a few weeks... I wouldn't want you at my school. I think you deserve some maturation at a community college.

Fugger

22-09-2005 11:30:32

[quote19de04b0cc="tonydanza92"]Yeah ummm I was arrested in the dorms at my college last year for fighting with a guy...

At least I am famous D
Getting my name out there all publicity is good publicity right??[/quote19de04b0cc]

I know they normally say 'there is no such thing as bad publicity' but I'd have to say those people are wrong.