DAMN TOUGH MP3 PLAYER!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=22471

VashTheStampede

20-09-2005 16:59:06

ok - here's how it goes 8)

a few days ago, i lost my MP3 player... - i looked everywhere for it, but to no avail. (

finally - i just figured that it was gone forever - cry

then - i opened the door to the DRYER and found my IPOD SHUFFLE - o

apparently, it had undergone a complete "lights" cleaning cycle and a "warm" drying cycle - shock

my heart sunk and i figured - "well its pretty much screwed now... but... i better check, just in case - i flicked the "ON" switch, and no light shone - "well, i was right" i thought - but on my way to the trash can, i saw iTunes up on my monitor. - i figured it was worth a try to see if there was anything still on it, so, with a broken spirit, i plugged it in ?

to my surprise, the system recognized it, iTunes indicated it, and ALL of my music was THERE and UNHARMED shock

so - i left it plugged in for a long while, flicked the switch - and it STARTED PLAYING - like [b9420d65ca4] nothing ever happened![/b9420d65ca4] lol

so any of you out there that doubt the durability of Apple's flash-based products...[b9420d65ca4] BELIEVE twisted 8) D [/b9420d65ca4]

mrwzk

20-09-2005 17:15:42

yet if u sweat too much while using it it breaks. guess the drying fixed it.

i dropped my cell phone to bottom of pool dove down got it dried it out and it works like new

VashTheStampede

20-09-2005 17:26:20

[quote2f89409dbc="mrwzk"]yet if u sweat too much while using it it breaks. guess the drying fixed it.

i dropped my cell phone to bottom of pool dove down got it dried it out and it works like new[/quote2f89409dbc]

yeah - usually when something gets soaked like that - drying it out before you do ANYTHING can save your precious electronic device

I remember when my dad dropped his cell phone in a gutter drain (the side of the road kind) - it was raining - it got carried away by the water - 2 days later, he checked the storm drain on the corner and it was there - upon a pile of crap that was apparently blocking the drain hole (and apparently covered with it too - he took it home, dried it out, charged it, and it worked fine (except for the fact that he had already gotten that one de-activated and got a new one) - thats what you call ironic

dudelovesFinch1035

20-09-2005 17:27:17

I remember when i dropped my ipod,it was really FUCKED lol

JOSHBOX

20-09-2005 18:18:12

lol, electronics might work great once you dry them out but remember that contact with water will make them corrode in a matter of weeks. -(

drum attacks

20-09-2005 18:22:33

I've heard you can pretty much put a computer into a pool of water as long as you take out the battery and make sure you dry it completely before turning it on.

CoMpFrEaK

20-09-2005 18:25:13

If your electronics get soaked in water its best to dump ethnoal or isopropal rubbing alcohol on it prior to turning it on. Cause you could seriously screw up the circuitry if there is still water inside.

dudeextrem2000

20-09-2005 18:51:52

[quote3df2da519e="drum attacks"]I've heard you can pretty much put a computer into a pool of water as long as you take out the battery and make sure you dry it completely before turning it on.[/quote3df2da519e]

lol im not gonna try it just for the fun of it...

drum attacks

20-09-2005 18:54:09

Yeah neither, please dont take my word for it

ilanbg

20-09-2005 19:31:22

Oh man...

Once, somehow, I picked up a glass of water upside down just as I was passing it over my laptop. The entire glass dumped on my keyboard and everything underneath. I was literally mopping water from the HD and wireless card and all that crap beneath the keyboard. I found water had soaked all the way through to the battery pack underneath.

A few days later it was working fine again. Of course, it freezes randomly and goes slower and the keyboard sucks now...