Cop tasers woman. Do you think it was called for?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21654

wood

11-09-2005 00:38:02

Watch this video, and then cast your vote.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ignorant blitches like this woman, but in all honesty, I think the cop went wayyyy overboard. Especially the second time he tasered her as she lay on the ground, writhing in pain.

I realize that police put their life on the line every day, and that taking chances isn't exactly something they look forward to, but what kind of threat was this woman posing??
After some research, many of the officer's supporters claim that the woman attempted to get physical with the 2nd officer, but I watched the movie 4 times and I dont see anything of the sort...

Link to video
http//thatvideosite.com/view/479.html

Your thoughts?

halfbreed

11-09-2005 00:40:51

Saw this video a long time ago, she wasn't cooperated from the get go, so I feel it did everything right, and he gave he plenty of warnings.

JuG

11-09-2005 00:41:58

[quote17bb49c224="halfbreed"]Saw this video a long time ago, she wasn't cooperated from the get go, so I feel it did everything right, and he gave he plenty of warnings.[/quote17bb49c224]

^^Yup, she should of done what they said.....maybe next time she will.

wood

11-09-2005 00:44:49

[quote51748b77e2="halfbreed"]Saw this video a long time ago, she wasn't cooperated from the get go, so I feel it did everything right, and he gave he plenty of warnings.[/quote51748b77e2]

She should have cooperated in the begining, and that first taser was maybe a bit more appropriate.
However, how can you justify tasering her for a second time? You can hear her SCREAMING in pain as they yell for her to lie on her stomach.
After shooting 50,000 volts of electricty through her body, sending her falling to the ground, why would they expect her to be able to immediately understand a word they were saying (or be able to physically do it).

halfbreed

11-09-2005 00:47:54

[quotea456dc6a86="wood"][quotea456dc6a86="halfbreed"]Saw this video a long time ago, she wasn't cooperated from the get go, so I feel it did everything right, and he gave he plenty of warnings.[/quotea456dc6a86]

She should have cooperated in the begining, and that first taser was maybe a bit more appropriate.
However, how can you justify tasering her for a second time? You can hear her SCREAMING in pain as they yell for her to lie on her stomach.
After shooting 50,000 volts of electricty through her body, sending her falling to the ground, why would they expect her to be able to immediately understand a word they were saying (or be able to physically do it).[/quotea456dc6a86]

For fun, duh! No lol dude when you're tasered it doesn't affect your ability to understand things, or obey directions.

JuG

11-09-2005 00:50:41

[quoteac76a56737="wood"][quoteac76a56737="halfbreed"]Saw this video a long time ago, she wasn't cooperated from the get go, so I feel it did everything right, and he gave he plenty of warnings.[/quoteac76a56737]

After shooting 50,000 volts of electricty through her body, sending her falling to the ground, why would they expect her to be able to immediately understand a word they were saying (or be able to physically do it).[/quoteac76a56737]

there is a video of a guy, he was not even that big. They did it about 8 times to him he just skept getting back up then around 6 he did not get on his feet then around 8 he could not move....he was just saying I CANT MOVE!! he was drunk too.

wood

11-09-2005 00:53:13

[quote6316b27e5f="halfbreed"]For fun, duh! No lol dude when you're tasered it doesn't affect your ability to understand things, or obey directions.[/quote6316b27e5f]

Uh...fifty thousand volts, shooting through your body with an excrutiating amount of pain...i'd have to say that yes, it does impair your ability to think for the first few seconds after it happens

And you are only supposed to taser someone when you feel at risk.
What risk did this 120lb woman pose to the two officers as she lay on the ground in the fetal position writhing in pain?

halfbreed

11-09-2005 00:53:26

Not to get off topic, but man anyone see those two black kids fight? That one guy got knocked the fuck out! Pass him a pillow because its passed his bedtime

wood

11-09-2005 00:54:46

Jesus christ. Stay on topic for one thread, PLEASE.

I wanted to have a serious discussion about this...

halfbreed

11-09-2005 00:55:45

[quote232cb96ba0="wood"][quote232cb96ba0="halfbreed"]For fun, duh! No lol dude when you're tasered it doesn't affect your ability to understand things, or obey directions.[/quote232cb96ba0]

Uh...fifty thousand volts, shooting through your body with an excrutiating amount of pain...i'd have to say that yes, it does impair your ability to think for the first few seconds after it happens

And you are only supposed to taser someone when you feel at risk.
What risk did this 120lb woman pose to the two officers as she lay on the ground in the fetal position writhing in pain?[/quote232cb96ba0]

My friend got tasered by the cops before, and he was able to respond and cooperate with them immediately. You can also taser them if they refuse to cooperate. All she had to do is what they asked. They weren't trying to rape her or anything. If she wasn't such a dumb bitch she wouldn't have had to get tasered.

JuG

11-09-2005 00:56:34

[quotedf03f89e0f="wood"]Jesus christ. Stay on topic for one thread, PLEASE.

I wanted to have a serious discussion about this...[/quotedf03f89e0f]

Now you should post the video of the girl that worked at a fastfood place and the cop thought she took his 20 and said he gave her a 10$.

wood

11-09-2005 01:00:23

[quote3b678c41bf="halfbreed"]My friend got tasered by the cops before, and he was able to respond and cooperate with them immediately. You can also taser them if they refuse to cooperate. All she had to do is what they asked. They weren't trying to rape her or anything. If she wasn't such a dumb bitch she wouldn't have had to get tasered.[/quote3b678c41bf]

You CAN NOT taser someone based [u3b678c41bf]soley[/u3b678c41bf] on refusal to turn onto their stomach.
Two large officers cant grab her arms and turn her over themselves?
I've seen it done about 1000 times on cops...even when they are dealing with crack dealers and car theives...
That is why Officer McNevin got disciplined.

You are supposed to show some type of restraint before you taser someone.
He showed restraint the first time he did, yes.

The woman is moaning in pain from the first taser, and she cant follow their orders as she lay on the side of the road screamin in pain, so they decide to taser her again?
Seems kind of...backwards...to me.

halfbreed

11-09-2005 01:04:11

They told her to stay on the ground, not to move she continued to try to get up.

Archon810

11-09-2005 02:41:35

dude, what a whiney bitch, she just reminds me of little babies who scream just cause they attract attention this way and try to cause sympathy. i want to fucking slap that bitch, she swung at him, she wouldn't do repeatedly what he told her to do, wtf does the dumb bitch want? she has a suspended license too, and she'd been driving 50-55 in the 35 mile zone. and i know i'm going to open up a can of warms here, but she's god damn arrogant and i think she deserved it.

Wolfeman

11-09-2005 03:05:39

She is lame and deserved it. She was so tough when she was in her car but she didn't sound so tough on the ground crying. She could've gotten 1 ticket but instead ends up arrested...

comppimp

11-09-2005 05:49:59

Had it coming. I hate stupid people that think they can disobey a direct order just because they can, and then not expect to face the consequences. Once she refused an order multiple times, the officer doesn't have to show restraint as he did the first time he tasered her. He already knows she isn't going to do as he says, so why should he have to wait around and risk the possibility of her grabbing something from her person, or even worse someone that she called coming over there and starting a whole 'nother war?

Archon810

11-09-2005 14:26:55

bump

Allen626

11-09-2005 16:24:20

She got what she deserved. The tasering was not excessive. But she did get pwned by the cops, hopefully she wont forget it next time. Tasers fucking pwn, nonlethal for the win. After she got tased she is so faking it, should have been tased again ROFL.

Phbs83

11-09-2005 16:32:39

It was called for. You can't expect to get no punishment whatsoever for disobeying a police order. That would have never happened if she was cooperating, and after all it's just a speeding violation, she didn't have to play/act dumb )

nextlevel

11-09-2005 17:08:36

Police are here to protect & serve us as citizens.

This is not the military, where they are a higher rank, and you have to follow orders. There are laws that protect us from that kind of search & seizure.

There was over 2 mins of video cut off, from around 57 - 59&some.

The cops have no right to force her out of the car like that, unless she had warrants. Since this is unknown, I can't really make a fair decision.

I can't beleive all I'm reading is she deserved it.
Ok she was a cocky biach, but to get pulled out of your car and zapped, for speeding and some juiced up offenses, is ludacris.

johnjimjones

11-09-2005 17:54:39

The first tazer I have no reason seeing why that wasn't necessary. Second on the other hand, she said she couldn't move, and in actuality she many not have been able to physically move. None of us know for sure so yeah....

Ryanish

11-09-2005 18:17:21

Gettings tasered doesn't heurt.

She's just moaning to get attention.

wood

11-09-2005 18:19:00

[quoted8a336bdfd="Ryanish"]Gettings tasered doesn't heurt.

She's just moaning to get attention.[/quoted8a336bdfd]

Next time your in philly come on over my place and i'll "tickle" you with 50,000 volts.

halfbreed

11-09-2005 18:19:40

It's funny because everyone says she deserved it but the poll says otherwise

Collateral

11-09-2005 18:20:49

[quote42e80ece3f="halfbreed"]It's funny because everyone says she deserved it but the poll says otherwise[/quote42e80ece3f]

THEYRE TIED NOW

wood

11-09-2005 18:23:47

Electrocuted black woman screaming in pain, laying in the dirt.
That's one hell of a threat if you ask me roll

Allen626

11-09-2005 18:34:21

[quotea7c12bc146="wood"]Electrocuted black woman screaming in pain, laying in the dirt.
That's one hell of a threat if you ask me roll[/quotea7c12bc146]

Shoulda done what the cop says, if she did she wouldnt have been shocked again.

halfbreed

11-09-2005 20:27:46

Ever see the video of those three cops who got tasered just for the hell of it? Well they laughed right after the electricity stopped going through their bodies.

jonnyk1221

11-09-2005 20:41:58

i rember when i first watched this movie, i was so blazed i couldnt stop laughing cause how bad she was crying and the noises she was making on the ground, to fuckin funny..

theysayjump

11-09-2005 20:57:29

yeah that was hilarious....nothing funnier than peole crying in pain let me tell you. roll

personally i dont think she deserved it, but at the same time she should've done what the cop said.

there was really no need for the cop to taser her, its not like she had a fuckin gun or was threating him or was going to drive away....she was on the phone. im pretty sure that he could've pulled her out of the car without having to electrocute the fuck out of her.

the 2nd time was totally uncalled for.....she was on the fuckin ground posing what danger exactly? she couldnt get her hands behind her back so of course that called for another wake up call.

i cant believe that there are so many saying she deserved it. there are other ways of dealing with peole without resorting to that kind "punishment".

jonnyk1221

11-09-2005 21:01:00

there was a need for the cop to taze her, wow we must not think alike but if she is not going to cooperate, she should be tazed. if i was in that situation and i wasnt cooperating, i would love to be tazed.. because to get my shit straight. thats just not right to blow off a cop and act like hes not even there.. im sorry

slease

11-09-2005 21:21:43

[quoteff9183df77="theysayjump"]yeah that was hilarious....nothing funnier than peole crying in pain let me tell you. roll

personally i dont think she deserved it, but at the same time she should've done what the cop said.

there was really no need for the cop to taser her, its not like she had a fuckin gun or was threating him or was going to drive away....she was on the phone. im pretty sure that he could've pulled her out of the car without having to electrocute the fuck out of her.

the 2nd time was totally uncalled for.....she was on the fuckin ground posing what danger exactly? she couldnt get her hands behind her back so of course that called for another wake up call.

i cant believe that there are so many saying she deserved it. there are other ways of dealing with peole without resorting to that kind "punishment".[/quoteff9183df77]

The taser keeps her from reaching from a knife or a gun. Their is a large percentage of the population in the US that carry weapons in their car and the cop was completely within his rights to use the taser on her the FIRST time. The second time was uncalled for. But come on... he warned her for 15 seconds repeatedly and she did not respond... what a dumb bitch.

wood

11-09-2005 22:34:57

[quoted425e789bb="slease"]what a dumb bitch.[/quoted425e789bb]

Something we all can agree on )

sbollag

11-09-2005 23:03:34

I think no way in hell was that called for. The vast majority of cops are insane and out of control, and I know it from experience. They're just itching for an excuse to arrest, taze, etc. I don't see how you can possibly justify some large man tasering a small woman???

comppimp

12-09-2005 03:17:04

That "small woman" could've had a knife/gun in her car as someone else pointed out. Everyone out there poses the same threat when you bring in possible weapons into the picture. When cops start getting "comfortable", that's how they get killed. Futhermore, she was ON THE PHONE CALLING SOMEONE TO GET THERE! I know for damn sure if she were calling people on her phone to get there and "help her out", I wouldn't be too happy about it but for the simply threat of them coming with guns or just simply outmanning him. A taser would be useless in that case against multiple suspects, and you'll be crying about why a cop pulled out a gun on 3 big ole guys coming at him to defend their girlfriend/friend/whatever.

wood

12-09-2005 06:02:04

[quote2ec95ca1d2="comppimp"]That "small woman" could've had a knife/gun in her car as someone else pointed out. Everyone out there poses the same threat when you bring in possible weapons into the picture. When cops start getting "comfortable", that's how they get killed. Futhermore, she was ON THE PHONE CALLING SOMEONE TO GET THERE! I know for damn sure if she were calling people on her phone to get there and "help her out", I wouldn't be too happy about it but for the simply threat of them coming with guns or just simply outmanning him. A taser would be useless in that case against multiple suspects, and you'll be crying about why a cop pulled out a gun on 3 big ole guys coming at him to defend their girlfriend/friend/whatever.[/quote2ec95ca1d2]

I think we are all in agreement that the first taser was somewhat called for.

It's the second instance of electrocution that had me questioning their decision.

Pete

12-09-2005 09:59:00

i'm with woodie, come on... it's a chick not a guy who weight 230lbs and they can't move him out of a car... poor chick she went down from SUV!!!
They could take her out, if you see a time, it's only 5min... NOT AN HOUR. for 5 min they were trying to negotiate? LOSERS!
AND halfbreed stfup, i want to see your mom get tasered with 50,000 volts...

bballp6699

12-09-2005 10:17:47

Maybe if this bitch had more respect for the law then this wouldn't have happened. This isn't the usual action for a situation like this, but I think this is how things should be handled. The second time was a little excessive, but the bitch grabbed a phone and started talking WHILE the cop told her to put it down. If she listened and shut the fuck up then she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Go over to China and get your arms chopped off for some shit like that.

jlaw

12-09-2005 11:29:42

First, this is really old.

That aside, the dumb bitch got exactly what she deserved. The first tasing was 100% justified. The stop was perfectly legal, she broke the law. She then failed to comply with repeated requests to exit the vehicle. She had already swatted the officer's hand away once. I've heard from several LEO's that they are trained not to reach into the vehicle because of the risk of the driver throwing the car in gear and dragging the officer. Additionally, there is a greater risk of lasting injury to the subject if the officer attempts to physically remove her from the vehicle.

Failure to comply with verbal orders / pushing the officer's hand away is without a doubt a threatening act. Basic force continuum theory dictates that a threatening act be responded to with one level higher of force. One step above in that situation would be basic open hand compliance techniques, which include taser, pepper spray, pressure points, etc. The officer properly decided that the safest method for both himself and the subject was the use of the taser.

It's easy to sit in front of your computer and play armchair quarterback. End of argument.

As for the second tasing, you never know whether someone has a concealed weapon, or what they might attempt. She already demonstrated her willingness to resist.

[quotea869f02589]Sgt. Sedrick Aiken, a department trainer who watched the video, said McNevin's actions were appropriate, even ideal.

An officer facing a noncompliant person in a car has to consider several potential problems. If he physically forced Goodwin out of the vehicle and onto the ground, he might have injured her. She might have had a weapon hidden in the car. If he used pepper spray, her eyes could have been affected for an hour, or he might have sprayed his partner.[/quotea869f02589]

aguy

12-09-2005 12:37:35

jhh