Paypal Question? Got this Email from accounts@paypal.com

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21588

stoogepid

10-09-2005 09:38:17

Dear PayPal member,
Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorised transactions placed on your account, we have temporarily suspended activity on your account in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. If you believe that this action may have been taken in error, or, if you feel that your account may have been tampered with, please respond to this message so that we can provide additional information and work with you to resolve this issue.

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

If you are the rightful holder of the account you must click the link below and then complete all steps from the following page as we try to update your account billing records.

However, failure to update your records will result in account supension. Please update your records on or before
# Buy from an online auction
# Pay on a merchant website
# Send money to anyone with an email address

To Reply to this e-mail
Simply log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page.This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

Notice About Servicing E-mails
This e-mail was sent to you by PayPal Customer Service to provide important information about your account and/or online products and services for which you are registered.

Sincerely,
Audrey
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Thank you for using PayPal

Is that legit? Cuz I can still access and transfer funds.

stoogepid

10-09-2005 09:39:20

The sender of this message, email==Accounts@paypal.comAccounts@paypal.com=Accounts@paypal.comAccounts@paypal.com/email, could not be verified by Sender ID. Learn more about Sender ID.

Sonofshoe

10-09-2005 09:41:33

[quote0dbced6f91="stoogepid"]The sender of this message, email==Accounts@paypal.comAccounts@paypal.com=Accounts@paypal.comAccounts@paypal.com/email, could not be verified by Sender ID. Learn more about Sender ID.[/quote0dbced6f91]

I would report it to PayPal even if it was from them...damn paypal.

Archon810

10-09-2005 09:47:09

lol r u kidding me, of course it's phishing. for starters, paste the link they want u to click (the url behind it, not what it says).

2nd, i could send u an email= rigth now that would say it came from email=accounts@paypal.comaccounts@paypal.com rigth now that would say it came from email=accounts@paypal.comaccounts@paypal.com/email.

PeachFrost

10-09-2005 09:48:03

Send it to email==spoof@paypal.comspoof@paypal.com=spoof@paypal.comspoof@paypal.com/email. I HIGHLY doubt it is legit!!! Don't log into your paypal account through that e-mail....sounds like someone's phishing to me.

stoogepid

10-09-2005 09:53:02

[quotecc74bf83b8="PeachFrost"]Send it to email==spoof@paypal.comspoof@paypal.com=spoof@paypal.comspoof@paypal.com/email. I HIGHLY doubt it is legit!!! Don't log into your paypal account through that e-mail....sounds like someone's phishing to me.[/quotecc74bf83b8]

There isnt even a link. P Alright thanks guys. Geez I was like what the... I didnt do jack.

dudelovesFinch1035

10-09-2005 09:55:33

Strange,be careful someone wants to hack your account o

Archon810

10-09-2005 09:56:07

it's a mass email

bruman

10-09-2005 10:00:06

its a scam

i got the same e-mail on one of my e-mails that didnt even have a paypal account

stoogepid

10-09-2005 10:02:02

[quotec1f3cf05cf="bruman"]its a scam

i got the same e-mail on one of my e-mails that didnt even have a paypal account[/quotec1f3cf05cf]

Thanks. I was wondering how they got my email. shock

ajrock2000

10-09-2005 11:08:36

I get the same thing from ebay too. Tells me I have to reinput my paypal password and cc information...lolzzz lame.

sha316

10-09-2005 11:20:31

Dude, paypal always greets its members with their full name "Dear ....". If not, its defeinitely scam - that's the first thing I'll be looking at. I got mails like these twice and paypal advised me to check on this. Sometimes, they greet with your email= ID - Dear email=...@yahoo.com...@yahoo.com ID - Dear email=...@yahoo.com...@yahoo.com/email etc. That's definitely scam.