Trying to understand StuidoTraffic

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21248

goofygarber

06-09-2005 16:46:11

My friend asked me to sign up on studiotraffic a while back, and today I saw him with like $600 that he apparently got from it, so I logged into my account and remained baffled at how he accomplished this...
How the fuck do you make money off StudioTraffic? I pressed "surf stv" and watched a bunch of ads, but didn't make any moneys.

Help!

ajrock2000

06-09-2005 16:48:41

It updates your account every month I think. It adds 1% of whatever your balance is everyday (considering you remember to do search stv everyday). I got up to $25 and jsut stopped because I was sick of doing stv everyday. lol

mrwzk

06-09-2005 16:52:48

u do the surf stv it isnt a lot to start but once u get a higher acct lvl u make a lot of money a day. i have made around 2000$ from this site. i invested 1200$ back into it i earned from it from referals (u get 10% of referals upgrades) and withdrew the other 800$

cartrenroy

06-09-2005 16:56:40

If you don't have a stormpay account, then try PaidResponse (accepts PAYPAL) and it's legit (I can give you link) you only surf 50 sites each day

goofygarber

06-09-2005 17:05:59

I've got a stormpay account, but I don't use it and I don't think its hooked to my bank account or CC, so I'd love to try PaidResponse.
Wanna give me a buck for using your link? =P
I'll hitchu up on AIM

Crynos

06-09-2005 17:07:19

[quote1e08a9a5db="goofygarber"]I've got a stormpay account, but I don't use it and I don't think its hooked to my bank account or CC, so I'd love to try PaidResponse.
Wanna give me a buck for using your link? =P
I'll hitchu up on AIM[/quote1e08a9a5db]You can use paypal on studiotraffic also, you just have to open a support ticket.

shamash

06-09-2005 17:16:14

I've never haerd of these.. what exactly are they?

slease

06-09-2005 18:34:15

How can you get tired of Surfing... you earn freaking 1% of your balance a day!

PS, to make money faster you really need to invest some in this. Might try putting in $50 or so.

tracemhunter

06-09-2005 19:37:07

yea, you wont get anywhere without investing. i always for get to surf. i will probably invest eventually. i need money.

slease

06-09-2005 19:40:25

I surfed every day last month. I put in $50 in may and my account is now at $120. I'm going to keep compounding til the end of the year and then start withdrawing half of my winnings.

CoMpFrEaK

06-09-2005 19:42:06

The eassy im about to post is in regards to 4daily, but it works really similar to studio traffic. Of course the information in the eassy is a bit old, so things are not 100% the same as they are since i wrote it. (4daily is doing bad as of now)

4 daily analyses

So some people may have come across sites such as 4 daily and studio traffic that promise a certain percentage of your investment if you surf their sites. 4 Daily offers a 4% return daily while studio traffic promises a 1% return daily. 4 Daily investment upgrades last for a period of 50 days which when calculated turns out to be a 200% return in 50 days. Studio Traffic does it at a much slower pace; in a year you make 365% of the original investments. How do these sites sustain?

Well I have personally taken a look into the logical of these sites. I have broken it down into a few categories in which they make money. These ideas are based mainly on the 4 daily sites.

1. New members pour in money in hopes of making a big return
2. A minor portion is made from people wanting to advertise their sites on these auto surfers
3. People forgetting to surf

So taking into perspective the first idea. These sites can somewhat be described as a pyramid scheme. It can be put that if they are unable to get new members then the site will fail no matter what. Cause it is impossible for the sites to pay a 200% return every 50 days, I mean banks don’t even offer a 5% interest rate. So in all essences the sites need to continue to grow in order to remain profitable, but in the end there will be a lot of people getting screwed over while only a few people have gained anything from the site.

The second point brings in little profit. These auto surfer programs are an un-idealistic way to advertise a site. Some people may utilize these auto surfers to get more hits to their sites, but most company will not use these sites if they want to gain valuable customer.

Now number three is a major aspect to how the site is able to sustain. This point would only be applicable to the 4daily site. Since the daily percentage is so high if you forget to surf a day or even a week it can save the site a great deal of money. Lets say you maxed out your account and you are earning $400 a day by surfing the site, well if you forget for an entire week the site has just saved itself $2800.

Looking at these few points it should be concluded that if these sites do not gain new members it will utterly fail. 4daily claims it has a total of 88,150 verified members, that figure may be big but also take into consideration this site is only 6 month old. In my opinion it still has great potential to grow, as it has not hit its peak. To me it will remain a worth investment for at least 2-3 more years, after that there is not telling what may happen. I personally would not invest a lot of money into it, currently I am only putting in little amounts of money and waiting it to duplicate. In a way these sites philosophy can be applied to the stock market in a few days. Apple (AAPL) would be an excellent example of this; the P/E of AAPL has remained relatively high over time. As long as investors continually invest in AAPL the stock will have a lot of potential to continue going up (generally speaking), but if investors stopped investing in AAPL then the stock will tumble. So applying this to 4daily, if it loses all investors then it will collapse, but if it gains more investors then it will continue on its path.

In conclusion I believe that these sites will sustain for only so long. After that the site will collapse due to lack of new investors. My advice is if you want to invest a lot of money then only do it for the 50-day period, but if you were to invest a bit of money (~$50-$200) then you should use leave it there longer.

I guess my eassy was true;), cause 4daily really did get screwed over

FreeOffersNow

06-09-2005 19:45:39

www.freeoffersnow.net/studiotraffic.html

A brief but (hopefully) helpful explanation of the service. I haven't put a dime into it and my account level is currently $410, and I'm cashing out $210.60 this month. For next month I'm already at $20 something for surfing, and $131 referrals this month )

doylnea

06-09-2005 19:49:27

[quotee94521ef70="doylnea on April 7, 2005 here (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077)"]
I am only going to post in this thread once -

That said, if you put ANY money into StudioTraffic and encourage or suggest that your referrals do the same, you are likely participating in a pyramid or MLM scheme, which is, in many states, forbidden by statute. I would also say that it's very likely this is a Ponzi scheme (despite the claims that StudioTraffic has been around for 2 years), and that the payouts to the older members are merely checks cut on the new contributions made by new members.

If you rely solely on their initial $10 contribution to generate your income, I tend to believe that you would not fall under the Pyramid/MLM/Ponzi label and all you have to lose is the time you spend setting up the auto4surf application and your account.

As everyone has rightly suggested, if you choose to enter this venture and choose to put your own money into it, do so with the knowledge that there is no-one backing them up as an insurer or guarantor (like the FDIC does with banks) and that it's entirely possible (and I consider likely) that at some point in the near future that StudioTraffic will dry up and blow away with lots and lots of money in their pockets...

edited to addThe counter-argument to StudioTraffic being a Ponzi scheme is that they are relying on advertisers dollars to pay out. I can't imagine an advertiser staying on as an advertiser with the knowledge that StudioTraffic has a tool which allows totally passive, no-interaction surfing. I would guess (though don't know since I haven't signed up) that you can minimize the autosurf tool, and thus never see an ad or website. If that's the case, it's unlikely an advertiser would ever get a return on their investment, and jump ship soon afterwards.

call me cynical.[/quotee94521ef70]

slease

06-09-2005 19:52:36

So in other words, don't invest anythign you aren't willing to lose.

CoMpFrEaK

06-09-2005 19:55:47

[quote67fa3c5f5e="FreeOffersNow"]www.freeoffersnow.net/studiotraffic.html

A brief but (hopefully) helpful explanation of the service. I haven't put a dime into it and my account level is currently $410, and I'm cashing out $210.60 this month. For next month I'm already at $20 something for surfing, and $131 referrals this month )[/quote67fa3c5f5e]

liahemli isnt that called advertising your referral link FON?

tracemhunter

06-09-2005 19:57:21

[quote1882d6d9dc="slease"]So in other words, don't invest anythign you aren't willing to lose.[/quote1882d6d9dc]
members in the forums say not to invest more than you are willing to lose.

FreeOffersNow

06-09-2005 20:16:30

[quote1d3ba7e74c="CoMpFrEaK"]liahemli isnt that called advertising your referral link FON?[/quote1d3ba7e74c]

Not directly...and even if it is, what are YOU going to do about it? lol

CoMpFrEaK

06-09-2005 20:19:33

[quote5246d4aa9f="FreeOffersNow"][quote5246d4aa9f="CoMpFrEaK"]liahemli isnt that called advertising your referral link FON?[/quote5246d4aa9f]

Not directly...and even if it is, what are YOU going to do about it? lol[/quote5246d4aa9f]

(

Peinecone

07-09-2005 07:39:17

I am at $380 and $160 in my accounts (you can have two.) I am also splitting my ref earning wih my refs. So if you want 5% of your money you put in, PM me.

Godrockdj

07-09-2005 07:45:43

My account is at + $3000 (FON can verify this - he was my lucky referer) and I will be getting a nice big withdrawl for the first time next month D

mrwzk

07-09-2005 08:07:10

i have a 1200$ acct havent put a penny out of pocket all referal commision and earnings.

slease

07-09-2005 10:17:34

[quoteec8c38dc12="mrwzk"]i have a 1200$ acct havent put a penny out of pocket all referal commision and earnings.[/quoteec8c38dc12]

sweet deal, I need some referrals =)

mrwzk

07-09-2005 10:32:06

yeah i havea few realy good oens i know 2 plan on getting a 15k acct sooner or later and are already well on there way. so thats 3000$ in referal commison there but im a nice guy so i give back my referals a portion of the money i receive

JUNIOR6886

07-09-2005 12:24:28

[quotefaf43f0f44="doylnea"][quotefaf43f0f44="doylnea on April 7, 2005 here (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077)"]

That said, if you put ANY money into StudioTraffic and encourage or suggest that your referrals do the same, you are likely participating in a pyramid or MLM scheme, which is, in many states, forbidden by statute. I would also say that it's very likely this is a Ponzi scheme (despite the claims that StudioTraffic has been around for 2 years), and that the payouts to the older members are merely checks cut on the new contributions made by new members.

If you rely solely on their initial $10 contribution to generate your income, I tend to believe that you would not fall under the Pyramid/MLM/Ponzi label and all you have to lose is the time you spend setting up the auto4surf application and your account.

As everyone has rightly suggested, if you choose to enter this venture and choose to put your own money into it, do so with the knowledge that there is no-one backing them up as an insurer or guarantor (like the FDIC does with banks) and that it's entirely possible (and I consider likely) that at some point in the near future that StudioTraffic will dry up and blow away with lots and lots of money in their pockets...

edited to addThe counter-argument to StudioTraffic being a Ponzi scheme is that they are relying on advertisers dollars to pay out. I can't imagine an advertiser staying on as an advertiser with the knowledge that StudioTraffic has a tool which allows totally passive, no-interaction surfing. I would guess (though don't know since I haven't signed up) that you can minimize the autosurf tool, and thus never see an ad or website. If that's the case, it's unlikely an advertiser would ever get a return on their investment, and jump ship soon afterwards.

call me cynical.[/quotefaf43f0f44][/quotefaf43f0f44]

I totally agree. I knew studio traffic was bullshit the moment i heard about it. "Paid surfing" give me a fuking break. They will leave eventually and take the money of those foolish enough to invest any money of their own lol

slease

07-09-2005 13:57:41

[quote9cb5dab675="JUNIOR6886"][quote9cb5dab675="doylnea"][quote9cb5dab675="doylnea on April 7, 2005 here (http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11077)"]

call me cynical.[/quote9cb5dab675][/quote9cb5dab675]

I totally agree. I knew studio traffic was bullshit the moment i heard about it. "Paid surfing" give me a fuking break. They will leave eventually and take the money of those foolish enough to invest any money of their own lol[/quote9cb5dab675]

It's assumed that eventually they'll shut down, but you can make more than your money back before then most likely. It's gambling and it can be profitable.

Godrockdj

21-11-2005 19:09:58

Not to start another debate, but I'd just like to point anyone interested to my new thread in the BRAG BAG -

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=26901

woot

JUNIOR6886

21-11-2005 19:30:38

I wish ponzi scheme discussions werent allowed in the forums
some naive person might start thinking "finally the answer to my financial problems!" and really get taken in by this scam. Everyone is free to do as they wish with his/her money but i definetly dont think ponzi schemes have a place here.... ?

Godrockdj

21-11-2005 19:49:00

[quote13650e834f="JUNIOR6886"]I wish ponzi scheme discussions werent allowed in the forums
some naive person might start thinking "finally the answer to my financial problems!" and really get taken in by this scam. Everyone is free to do as they wish with his/her money but i definetly dont think ponzi schemes have a place here.... ?[/quote13650e834f]

Again, I am not looking to start a debate... the forum has been through it before. Simply put I do not consider it a Ponzi scheme. But I do want to clarify for the slim chance that someone, somehow thinks this is the ultimate answer to their financial woes - it is not. Get a job. This is, however, a great supplement to my jobs D

FreeOffersNow

21-11-2005 19:55:38

[quote0880b1b750="JUNIOR6886"]I wish ponzi scheme discussions werent allowed in the forums
some naive person might start thinking "finally the answer to my financial problems!" and really get taken in by this scam. Everyone is free to do as they wish with his/her money but i definetly dont think ponzi schemes have a place here.... ?[/quote0880b1b750]

Hater.