anyone know anything about paypal revoking law?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=21195

Lunarpancake

05-09-2005 22:24:08

Ok someone offered me 200$ for an online game account. So i want to sell it. He says hes stationed in Korea so he can only send paypal, but hes a verified user. Im afraid of him revoking it since i hear of it happening so often.

How safe am i.

He saidsomething about him not being able to revoke since hes verified, or something like that.

Any info ....THanks.

wood

05-09-2005 22:28:34

Not being able to revoke?
What do you mean by "revoke" like take money back?

I was under the impression that the only possible way of getting your money back was filing a claim thru paypal, which he is very able to do.

Tell him to mark it "quasi-cash" with no shipping address needed.
That's what I always do...
)

Lunarpancake

05-09-2005 22:30:37

yes i meant he was gunna file a claim. and whats that meen

doylnea

05-09-2005 22:49:53

I don't know why I'm helping someone who screwed me...

assuming he pays for the account with a credit card, the buyer could always start a chargeback with his credit card - since you're selling something intangible and without any proof of delivery, he may be able to convince his credit card company to reverse the charges.

Lunarpancake

05-09-2005 22:56:39

heres what ive done.....ive setup an ebay listing for it he uses buy it now then pays immediatly with paypal.

so its somewhat more tangable

doylnea

05-09-2005 23:15:51

[quoteadf2288eae="Lunarpancake"]heres what ive done.....ive setup an ebay listing for it he uses buy it now then pays immediatly with paypal.

so its somewhat more tangable[/quoteadf2288eae]

Well that's a good start, but, now you're paying paypal, and ebay fees, and now you've brought ebay into the equation which means he can file a SNAD (significantly not as described) or INR (item not received) claim through paypal.

I think the only positive is that it's less than $200 so you don't need verifiable with signature delivery. But it's international, and that brings a whole new realm of paypal and delivery questions into the equation.

Gigante

06-09-2005 06:57:57

If you make at quasi-cash or non-tangible good, he cannot dispute the charge, and therefore, you are safe.