PowerPoint question -- 3-slide unframed handouts w/ no lines

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=20903

penguin

31-08-2005 23:02:39

is there a way to print 3-slide unframed handouts w/ out the blank lines directly from powerpoint? sending files to word and then deleting the column w/ lines doesn't help since the slides are sent to word framed and i would have to remove each frame manually. unless there's a way to remove the frames in word all in one go.

FreeOffersNow

31-08-2005 23:19:23

Can't you just go to print and choose your print settings there? I don't have PowerPoint on this system but I've never had to export a .ppturl==http://=http:///url file to Word...ever.

doylnea

01-09-2005 00:38:28

[quote9115b2b03a="penguin"]is there a way to print 3-slide unframed handouts w/ out the blank lines directly from powerpoint? sending files to word and then deleting the column w/ lines doesn't help since the slides are sent to word framed and i would have to remove each frame manually. unless there's a way to remove the frames in word all in one go.[/quote9115b2b03a]

You can print two and four slide handouts without the lines from ppt. Do you have to have three slide handouts?

emailjwr

01-09-2005 06:03:35

if you have to have 3, you can just copy and paste the slides into word as pictures (NOT export), then select them all, go to format picture i think, and adjust the size of all the slides in one go, and they don't come over with a border that way

penguin

01-09-2005 19:47:26

[quote245ac23453="emailjwr"]if you have to have 3, you can just copy and paste the slides into word as pictures (NOT export), then select them all, go to format picture i think, and adjust the size of all the slides in one go, and they don't come over with a border that way[/quote245ac23453]

when i select all > copy and paste special into word, it only copies the first slide and then it only pastes that first slide. thanks for the info about the copying and pasting, though. that definitely helped. i might just have to copy and paste each individual slide into word. such is the life of an anal retentive freak.

MUGATU.

emailjwr

02-09-2005 06:08:36

hey penguin ... i've got ppt and word here so lemme try it .......

ugh ya you're right, only one comes over at once, what a gyp ... well apart from copying and pasting each one, you can do the export to word (from ppt), then choose the first option (notes next to slides), then in word select the one column with the slides, then paste it into another new doc, then all you have are your slides (they're in a table, but if you make the table lines invisible then you can continue this way) ... now you've got all of them there, but you can't change the size on all of them at once ... so you might as well copy each slide in individually (as a picture), then at the end you can change the size of all of them at once

penguin

07-09-2005 17:47:48

hey email, thanks for trying to help. +k. i ended up just exporting them to word and resizing + removing all the borders individually. it's not such a pain in the ass now that i've got a rhythm going.

emailjwr

09-09-2005 12:58:19

sweet thx man, kma returned ... no worries, i hate 'losing' to computers ... so if this happens again, use a keystroke generator and program in the buttons you click in one cycle, then have the generator do the job for you lol

mrwzk

09-09-2005 14:12:28

u can just print it from power point as 4 slides without lines in between and have a blank one on there to be the 4rth slide