Your Country Is Now Ours.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18799

theysayjump

21-07-2005 00:48:09

Declaration of Revocation
by John Cleese

To the citizens of the United States of America, in the light of your failure to elect a competent President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories.

Except Utah, which she does not fancy.

Your new Prime Minister (The Right Honourable Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a Minister for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.

A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed. To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium." Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour'; skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters.

You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix "ize" will be replaced by the suffix "ise."

You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to re-spell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.

Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up “vocabulary." Using the same thirty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "uhh", "like", and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.

Look up "interspersed."

There will be no more 'bleeps' in the Jerry Springer show. If you're not old

enough to cope with bad language then you shouldn't have chat shows. When you learn to develop your vocabulary, then you won't have to use bad language as often.

2. There is no such thing as "US English." We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of "-ize."

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents. It really isn't that hard. English accents are not limited to cockney, upper-class twit or Mancunian (Daphne in Frasier).

You will also have to learn how to understand regional accents --- Scottish dramas such as "Taggart" will no longer be broadcast with subtitles.

While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is "Devon." If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys. Hollywood will be required to cast English actors to play English characters.

British sit-coms such as "Men Behaving Badly" or "Red Dwarf" will not be re-cast and watered down for a wishy-washy American audience who can't cope with the humour of occasional political incorrectness.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American "football." There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game.

The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies).

We are hoping to get together at least a US Rugby sevens side by 2005.

You should stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called "rounders," which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.

7. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler. Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 2nd will be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be called "Indecisive Day."

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap, and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.

All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts. You will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

10. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call 'French fries' are not real chips. Fries aren't even French, they are Belgian though 97.85% of you (including the guy who discovered fries while in Europe) are not aware of a country called Belgium. Those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called "crisps." Real chips are thick cut and fried in animal fat. The traditional accompaniment to chips is beer which should be served warm and flat.

Waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.

11. As a sign of penance 5 grams of sea salt per cup will be added to all tea made within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this quantity to be doubled for tea made within the city of Boston itself.

12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling "beer" is not actually beer at all, it is lager . From November 1st only proper British Bitter will be referred to as "beer," and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as "Lager." The substances formerly known as "American Beer" will henceforth be referred to as "Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine," with the exception of the product of the American Budweiser company whose product will be referred to as "Weak Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine." This will allow true Budweiser (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in the Czech Republic) to be sold without risk of confusion.

13. From November 10th the UK will harmonise petrol (or "gasoline," as you will be permitted to keep calling it until April 1st 2005) prices with the former USA. The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $6/US gallon -- get used to it).

14. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent. Guns should only be handled by

adults. If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.

15. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

16. Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).

Thank you for your co-operation.

i posted this cos i thought it was funny, not to start some kind of political or country vs country flame thread.

CoMpFrEaK

21-07-2005 00:51:35

heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 01:27:09

[quoteb42467bb40="CoMpFrEaK"]heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK[/quoteb42467bb40]

Love it or leave it mean anything to you?

CoMpFrEaK

21-07-2005 01:28:16

[quotee4d8e7bea0="FreeOffersNow"][quotee4d8e7bea0="CoMpFrEaK"]heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK[/quotee4d8e7bea0]

Love it or leave it mean anything to you?[/quotee4d8e7bea0]

Not especially, why?

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 01:32:06

[quoteb7cd2d74f3="CoMpFrEaK"][quoteb7cd2d74f3="FreeOffersNow"][quoteb7cd2d74f3="CoMpFrEaK"]heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK[/quoteb7cd2d74f3]

Love it or leave it mean anything to you?[/quoteb7cd2d74f3]

Not especially, why?[/quoteb7cd2d74f3]

No comment. Seriously.

theysayjump

21-07-2005 01:32:28

[quote0f121d1658="CoMpFrEaK"][quote0f121d1658="FreeOffersNow"][quote0f121d1658="CoMpFrEaK"]heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK[/quote0f121d1658]

Love it or leave it mean anything to you?[/quote0f121d1658]

Not especially, why?[/quote0f121d1658]

lol

hey you dont have to love somewhere just cos you were born there or have spent your life there.

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 01:34:16

[quote4724f526e5="theysayjump"]lol

hey you dont have to love somewhere just cos you were born there or have spent your life there.[/quote4724f526e5]

Nor does one have to stay somewhere just because he or she was born there or spent his or her life there.

CoMpFrEaK

21-07-2005 01:34:56

I actually wasnt born here.

Man why do a lot of the mods make me their #1 tease subject roll

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 01:36:03

[quote6a717e0e83="CoMpFrEaK"]I actually wasnt born here.

Man why do a lot of the mods make me their #1 tease subject roll[/quote6a717e0e83]

Probably because you purposely bring attention to yourself....and because you say "stroids" when his handle is actually "Stroid" (note the lack of the letter "s")

theysayjump

21-07-2005 01:37:15

[quote466e24367a="FreeOffersNow"][quote466e24367a="theysayjump"]lol

hey you dont have to love somewhere just cos you were born there or have spent your life there.[/quote466e24367a]

Nor does one have to stay somewhere just because he or she was born there or spent his or her life there.[/quote466e24367a]

exactly...you can come and go as you please.....at least you can if you were born here.

Stroid

21-07-2005 05:54:42

[quoteb4a4bda8d7="FreeOffersNow"][quoteb4a4bda8d7="CoMpFrEaK"]I actually wasnt born here.

Man why do a lot of the mods make me their #1 tease subject roll[/quoteb4a4bda8d7]

Probably because you purposely bring attention to yourself....and because you say "stroids" when his handle is actually "Stroid" (note the lack of the letter "s")[/quoteb4a4bda8d7]

yeah i dont understand that either why a S

CoMpFrEaK

21-07-2005 05:57:41

[quotec9c69094da="Stroid"][quotec9c69094da="FreeOffersNow"][quotec9c69094da="CoMpFrEaK"]I actually wasnt born here.

Man why do a lot of the mods make me their #1 tease subject roll[/quotec9c69094da]

Probably because you purposely bring attention to yourself....and because you say "stroids" when his handle is actually "Stroid" (note the lack of the letter "s")[/quotec9c69094da]

yeah i dont understand that either why a S[/quotec9c69094da]

lishrugsli i guess it was a habit i got in, w/e if you prefer no "s" i'll start calling you stroid then lol

Stroid

21-07-2005 06:00:09

eh whatever

CoMpFrEaK

21-07-2005 06:02:50

[quotea9c4bb27f0="Stroid"]eh whatever[/quotea9c4bb27f0]

yea, dunno why FON had to bring it up. Maybe hes running out of topics to bash me on lol

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 08:13:21

[quote06ad86e24b="CoMpFrEaK"][quote06ad86e24b="Stroid"]eh whatever[/quote06ad86e24b]

yea, dunno why FON had to bring it up. Maybe hes running out of topics to bash me on lol[/quote06ad86e24b]

Not likely.

Collateral

21-07-2005 09:20:34

I've always wondered why you called him "Stroids" too compfreak. Always got to me but I never said anything |

bballp6699

21-07-2005 09:41:49

[quotee17e440e40="FreeOffersNow"][quotee17e440e40="CoMpFrEaK"]heck i wouldnt mind. I've alawys liked the UK[/quotee17e440e40]

Love it or leave it mean anything to you?[/quotee17e440e40]

Agreed. Obviously you're not old enough to just get up and leave now, but you know....

I hate people that bash their own country to me. Like I'm supposed to agree. People losing lives every day and others have the nerve to bash it over a disagreement with the President...

Most people that hate Bush only hate him because of their parents opinions anyways. This is why 18 year olds shouldn't vote. I'm not a fan of Bush, but we've had worse and terrorism does indeed need to be ended.

[be17e440e40]liDoes not want to turn this into a big political debate, but I had to get that out...[/be17e440e40]

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 10:46:37

People love to take advantage of one of our greatest freedoms, the freedom to insult, ridicule, and disrespect our public figures...namely, our President. However, few take advantage of another of our greatest freedoms....the freedom to LEAVE. My stance is not so much that of a "with us or against us," but I feel that as the UNITED States of America we should be just that....United. After 9-11 all these people suddenly became patriots, plastering their vehicles with American flags and stickers reading "we will [i504e63c334]never[/i504e63c334] forget." Seems to me, its those same people whom have already forgotten.

dug1200

21-07-2005 10:59:49

[quote6cec0c9aa1="bballp6699"]This is why 18 year olds shouldn't vote.[/quote6cec0c9aa1]

how many people under 25 do you know that actually vote? Most people 25 or under don't know or care to know whats going on in the world...chances are if MTV did have a news blurb every now and again or if they took time away from informing people about Ashton's newest punk victom or that Paris is a whore...they wouldn't know there was a war still going on....

i mean when i was 18 i didn't vote cuz i didn't care....i was too busy waiting for my pager to go off

bballp6699

21-07-2005 11:07:46

I'd say a good 70% of my misinformed college voted.

good2speed

21-07-2005 11:08:13

Im 25 + and I still dont vote for obvious reasons. In 2004 for the presidency I wanted Kerry to win but didnt vote anyways. Im a resident of New York state and knew that Kerry was going to win the state by a landslide and that my vote wouldve been meaningless. Now if we ditched the electoral thing altogether I wouldve votted b/c then I wouldve helped Kerry win the popular vote. But if you know your choice has the state locked up there's really no point to vote. But MTV has convince the youth that if they dont vote then they'll die. I didnt vote and Im still alive. Well at least I think I am, thats unless MTV knows something I don't. Lol maybe I should go run a marathon with P Diddy maybe he can explain why voting only to increase Kerry's landslide in Ny wouldve helped.

dug1200

21-07-2005 11:27:56

wow 70%...small private school im guessing....but thats good to hear..when i was in college...my friends were either too drunk or too high to get out to vote....some both(me included)

the whole p diddy vote or die thing was prolly one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time...glad to hear that you didnt become another statistic and are still alive

....the whole stroid or stroid"s" thing is kinnda like people calling ATMs....ATM machines....(hint thats what the M stands for) or calling Target ...Targets or Krogers

EatChex89

21-07-2005 11:28:30

that scared me. i thought we were getting rid of USA

FreeOffersNow

21-07-2005 11:33:48

[quote5c7fc9ff12="dug1200"]....the whole stroid or stroid"s" thing is kinnda like people calling ATMs....ATM machines....(hint thats what the M stands for) or calling Target ...Targets or Krogers[/quote5c7fc9ff12]

Not really...more like calling someone named "Bill" "Bills" or calling "John" "Johns"

Godrockdj

21-07-2005 11:38:38

[quote1c88cb4673="FreeOffersNow"]People love to take advantage of one of our greatest freedoms, the freedom to insult, ridicule, and disrespect our public figures...namely, our President. However, few take advantage of another of our greatest freedoms....the freedom to LEAVE. My stance is not so much that of a "with us or against us," but I feel that as the UNITED States of America we should be just that....United. After 9-11 all these people suddenly became patriots, plastering their vehicles with American flags and stickers reading "we will [i1c88cb4673]never[/i1c88cb4673] forget." Seems to me, its those same people whom have already forgotten.[/quote1c88cb4673]

Agreed. Those bumper stickers that have not yet been peeled off are faded and illegible, now.

ben laden

21-07-2005 16:41:47

[quoted4b610349d="FreeOffersNow"]People love to take advantage of one of our greatest freedoms, the freedom to insult, ridicule, and disrespect our public figures...namely, our President. However, few take advantage of another of our greatest freedoms....the freedom to LEAVE. My stance is not so much that of a "with us or against us," but I feel that as the UNITED States of America we should be just that....United. After 9-11 all these people suddenly became patriots, plastering their vehicles with American flags and stickers reading "we will [id4b610349d]never[/id4b610349d] forget." Seems to me, its those same people whom have already forgotten.[/quoted4b610349d]

Wow I wish I saw the world in black and white just like you, it would make life so much easier.

jadem

21-07-2005 20:44:10

[quoteaaabb85bb7="ben laden"]Wow I wish I saw the world in black and white just like you, it would make life so much easier.[/quoteaaabb85bb7]

roll

theysayjump

21-07-2005 21:51:36

i did say that when i posted this it was for general amusement....if you cant find it funny (the way it was meant to be taken) then maybe you take life too seriously.

since everyone else has been expressing their opinion.....my personal opinion is that just because you are from the UNITED states of America, doesnt mean you have to be united, agree with everyone else, do what your government/president tell you etc.

if you dont like it, then you dont have to leave.

im from the UNITED kingdom, but i certainly dont agree with everything my country does, says or implements (laws & regulation etc).

i also think the whole pledge of allegiance thing is fucked up. i would never pledge myself to any flag, not even the Scottish flag, just cos they say i should, or say that what they are doing is right. if something is wong, its wrong, and no pledge should tell you otherwise. i would burn the scottish flag, just cos its really not that big of a deal, its just a piece of cloth or fabric.

but this thread turned the exact way i said i didnt want it to turn. it turned political and political threads always end up in flaming....it hasnt happened yet but that doesnt mean it wont.

oh, and did anyone actually think the OP was at all humerous?

hehehhehe

21-07-2005 22:11:36

I found it quite funny, the ensuing argument was a bit silly though, it seemed like there was a lot of cached hostility between some of the posters. I found most of the OP true or amusing, except for the baseball part (since it's played outside of North and South America).

People all over the world judge their own countries, and I think that it's healthy and also a sign of intelligence.

[quote9b3d39614e="theysayjump"]
since everyone else has been expressing their opinion.....my personal opinion is that just because you are from the UNITED states of America, doesnt mean you have to be united, agree with everyone else, do what your government/president tell you etc.

if you dont like it, then you dont have to leave.[/quote9b3d39614e]
Exactly.

tracemhunter

21-07-2005 23:32:35

i thought it was funny.

ben laden

21-07-2005 23:42:21

[quoteba63e7e078="jadem"][quoteba63e7e078="ben laden"]Wow I wish I saw the world in black and white just like you, it would make life so much easier.[/quoteba63e7e078]
roll[/quoteba63e7e078]
[quoteba63e7e078="theysayjump"]i did say that when i posted this it was for general amusement....if you cant find it funny (the way it was meant to be taken) then maybe you take life too seriously.

since everyone else has been expressing their opinion.....my personal opinion is that just because you are from the UNITED states of America, doesnt mean you have to be united, agree with everyone else, do what your government/president tell you etc. [/quoteba63e7e078]

Roll your eyes at me all you want, and tell me I didn't get the humor (I did), but the point remains that from what FON said he thinks criticism of public figures is taking advantage of our freedoms. You want criticism? how's this. I think all politicians should be put up against the wall and shot. This system is so fucking corrupted by corporations and interest groups and lobbying machines. It's all about money now and they barely even try to hide it anymore. We should start anew, but really, that won't solve anything either, because the cycle will just start where it left off.

And speaking of black and white. Freedom to leave? Are you kidding? It's that easy to you? No financial, moral, familial, or logical hang ups or obligations?
And just because someone thinks this country has a horribly mutated society that is a scourge on the earth and it's full of disgustingly embarassing people doesn't mean someone can't appreciate living here.

theysayjump

21-07-2005 23:45:57

i agree with you Ben and i wasnt implying that you didnt get the humour or took life too seriously etc, it was more for the people who thought it wasnt funny or were offended by it or whatever feelings it brough out of them.

ben laden

21-07-2005 23:49:11

I know you weren't directing it at me. lol

Otherwise you wouldn't get a happy ending next massage time!!
oops oops oops oops

Did i just say that outloud?

theysayjump

21-07-2005 23:51:07

dunno, but you typed it out loud wink

FreeOffersNow

22-07-2005 01:42:07

[quote0ddded9c09="ben laden"]Roll your eyes at me all you want, and tell me I didn't get the humor (I did), but the point remains that from what FON said he thinks criticism of public figures is taking advantage of our freedoms. You want criticism? how's this. I think all politicians should be put up against the wall and shot. This system is so fucking corrupted by corporations and interest groups and lobbying machines. It's all about money now and they barely even try to hide it anymore. We should start anew, but really, that won't solve anything either, because the cycle will just start where it left off.

And speaking of black and white. Freedom to leave? Are you kidding? It's that easy to you? No financial, moral, familial, or logical hang ups or obligations?
And just because someone thinks this country has a horribly mutated society that is a scourge on the earth and it's full of disgustingly embarassing people doesn't mean someone can't appreciate living here.[/quote0ddded9c09]

In response to your post, coming from a user with the handle "ben laden," I'm touched, really. You're much more liberal than what the fascist media makes you out to be. I apologize if my opinion is too "black and white" for you. Really, I do. "It's all about money now," you write with a +25 TR on a website dedicated to the discussion of obtaining free gifts from incentive sites. What you should know as a citizen of this country is that this nation was founded on one set of principles and ideals. I suppose I just don't understand. Nothing personal against anyone here but even if you disagree with our President or the Government as a whole, you have the right to voice your opinion, but you should support your country....especially when so many young men and women are fighting abroad. I don't mean to turn this into a heated political debate....remember, this is my vacation thinking hurts.

theysayjump

22-07-2005 02:48:34

[quotefbfaaa4f69="FreeOffersNow"]you have the right to voice your opinion, [ifbfaaa4f69][bfbfaaa4f69]but you should support your country[/bfbfaaa4f69][/ifbfaaa4f69]....especially when so many young men and women are fighting abroad.[/quotefbfaaa4f69]

why?

im sure the citizens in Germany during WW2 thought and said the same thing.

im not comparing the 2 countries or the situations, but just because your country is in a war and people are dying, is no reason to support it.

i think its good to have a discussion without it turning into a flame thread. it doesnt have to, if people can just express their opinions without getting too excited.

ben laden

22-07-2005 03:23:23

[quoteca5e5a4ba2="FreeOffersNow"]In response to your post, coming from a user with the handle "ben laden," I'm touched, really. You're much more liberal that what the fascist media makes you out to be. I apologize if my opinion is too "black and white" for you. Really, I do. [/quoteca5e5a4ba2]

I've been banned from countless CounterStrike servers and been insulted about my internet handle just as many times, you think you make me think twice about it? I could care less.
And somehow because this is my internet handle that makes my opinion more valid? Or do you just have to use that as ammunition because you have so little weapons as it is against my arguments?
"You're much more liberal that what the fascist media makes you out to be."
lol, right, because I'm the same as the terrorist, who, by the way, is Osama BIN Laden.

[quoteca5e5a4ba2="FreeOffersNow"]"It's all about money now," you write with a +25 TR on a website dedicated to the discussion of obtaining free gifts from incentive sites. [/quoteca5e5a4ba2]

WOW, YOU'D BE GOOD IN THE MEDIA, YOU ENJOY TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT!
""It's all about money now," you write with a +25 TR on a website dedicated to the discussion of obtaining free gifts from incentive sites."
lol, see but there's a difference. I don't have any kind of responsiblity to a constituency who elected me. Wanna find a brain and some logic behind it before you come at me with this again?

[quoteca5e5a4ba2="FreeOffersNow"]What you should know as a citizen of this country is that this nation was founded on one set of principles and ideals. I suppose I just don't understand. Nothing personal against anyone here but even if you disagree with our President or the Government as a whole, you have the right to voice your opinion, but you should support your country....especially when so many young men and women are fighting abroad. I don't mean to turn this into a heated political debate....remember, this is my vacation thinking hurts.[/quoteca5e5a4ba2]

What you should know as a citizen of this country is to stop being so goddamned ignorant of our history that you come under the misguided notion that the nation was founded on a single set of principles and ideals. That's not only ignorant, that's just flat out wrong.
And no, you shouldn't support your country blindly. You shouldn't support anything blindly. Support the troops if you wish, but finding a reason and motive before pledging your support for something is highly advised.

jadem

22-07-2005 04:29:42

[quote0ed363770f="ben laden"]
Roll your eyes at me all you want [/quote0ed363770f]

Just because you got all pissy and bitchy roll

FreeOffersNow

22-07-2005 10:00:22

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]I've been banned from countless CounterStrike servers and been insulted about my internet handle just as many times, you think you make me think twice about it? I could care less.
And somehow because this is my internet handle that makes my opinion more valid? Or do you just have to use that as ammunition because you have so little weapons as it is against my arguments?[/quote1bec295463]

You've been banned from countless CounterStrike servers because admin powers are far-too-often abused by the 12 year-olds who wield them. We should play some time, I can take out some of my aggression towards you. Cal-Main here...by the way.

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]lol, right, because I'm the same as the terrorist, who, by the way, is Osama BIN Laden.[/quote1bec295463]

That was actually a joke...you're a quick one!! BIN Laden? No way, I had no idea. Really.

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]WOW, YOU'D BE GOOD IN THE MEDIA, YOU ENJOY TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT![/quote1bec295463]

You said it, not me. I actually plan on working at Fox news sometime in the near future. Really though, it seems as though you enjoy making unproven assumptions just as much as I do taking things out of context.

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]I don't have any kind of responsiblity to a constituency who elected me. Wanna find a brain and some logic behind it before you come at me with this again?[/quote1bec295463]

Brain? Where do you get one of those? Whats it for? Oh yea...number one sign of an invalid argument "Argument ad hominem attacking the man. This is an attempt to discredit an idea by attacking the person who suggested it and not the idea itself."

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]What you should know as a citizen of this country is to stop being so goddamned ignorant of our history that you come under the misguided notion that the nation was founded on a single set of principles and ideals. That's not only ignorant, that's just flat out wrong.[/quote1bec295463]

Maybe your right....one set of principles and ideals...what was I thinking. Oh yea...the United States Constitution. See definition for "set," please. Actually, here "a group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used."

[quote1bec295463="ben laden"]And no, you shouldn't support your country blindly. You shouldn't support anything blindly. Support the troops if you wish, but finding a reason and motive before pledging your support for something is highly advised.[/quote1bec295463]

I didn't say to support anything blindly. I said that one should support his or her country. If you don't, why are you here? I mean...I suppose I just don't understand how someone can say "Oh I hate America so much, thats why I live here." To be honest I don't like Bush at all, but coming from a family where my father, my two uncles, my father's father, and my father's father's father are all war-time veterans...perhaps my view is a bit skewed. If you're not willing to support your country, buy a plane ticket and get the fuck out.

[quote1bec295463="theysayjump"][quote1bec295463="FreeOffersNow"]you have the right to voice your opinion, [i1bec295463][b1bec295463]but you should support your country[/b1bec295463][/i1bec295463]....especially when so many young men and women are fighting abroad.[/quote1bec295463]

why?

im not comparing the 2 countries or the situations, but just because your country is in a war and people are dying, is no reason to support it.

i think its good to have a discussion without it turning into a flame thread. it doesnt have to, if people can just express their opinions without getting too excited.[/quote1bec295463]

If you don't agree with what we stand for, why are you here? Answer me that. Are you one of those people that come to America, "the land of opportunity," only to fly their home country's flag above the American flag on their flag pole?

bballp6699

22-07-2005 10:14:40

[quotee51b69b5f2="FreeOffersNow"][quotee51b69b5f2="theysayjump"]
why?

i think its good to have a discussion without it turning into a flame thread. it doesnt have to, if people can just express their opinions without getting too excited.[/quotee51b69b5f2]

If you don't agree with what we stand for, why are you here? Answer me that. Are you one of those people that come to America, "the land of opportunity," only to fly their home country's flag above the American flag on their flag pole?[/quotee51b69b5f2]

shock

http//www.sich.co.uk/images/lady%20nail%20biting.jpg[" alt=""/imge51b69b5f2]

You don't have to support the countries politics, but fact of the matter is that thousands upon thousands of kids are being shipped over to Iraq just so your ass doesn't get blown up while you're taking a shit and reading the morning paper. Atleast respect that before you knock everything this country stands for...

hehehhehe

22-07-2005 10:56:19

[quote03a23fd7f1="bballp6699"]
You don't have to support the countries politics, but fact of the matter is that thousands upon thousands of kids are being shipped over to Iraq just so your ass doesn't get blown up while you're taking a shit and reading the morning paper. Atleast respect that before you knock everything this country stands for...[/quote03a23fd7f1]

When did Iraqis bomb the US homeland?

Here's a google search for polls
http//www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=poll+us+support+for+war&btnG=Google+Search

Look at the press polls from the the Washington post, CNN, ABC, etc... About half of those polled say it was a mistake to attack Iraq or disapprove the way Bush is handliing terrorism. (Yes, polls aren't perfect, I know) Doesn't mean people against the war don't appreciate the troops going to Iraq, it's rather the opposite. They appreciate these guys enough to want them out of harm's way without sufficient reason. Should half of the US just pack up and go somewhere as some of you suggest?

Okay, that was off-topic as is most of this thread. I just didn't think people should get 'scolded' for expressing their views, especially when there are plenty of people out there that agree with them. Let's not flame...

bballp6699

22-07-2005 11:07:34

I was referring to terrorists in general bombing us.

Polls are a load of shit, especially online ones.

hehehhehe

22-07-2005 11:26:47

But you said "over to Iraq." Why go to Iraq when there were no known attacks from there then?

Yes, that's why I said polls aren't perfect but overall sentiment is probably not that far off. Even if the poll numbers are off, 50% is significant. The washington Post/ABC polls don't say they're online polls either so let's try to be accurate "A total of 1,002 randomly selected adults were interviewed by telephone June 2 to 5 for this Post-ABC News poll. The margin of sampling error for the overall results is plus or minus three percentage points." I've also cited the more credible ones. Polls [b417534e4b9]can be[/b417534e4b9] manipulated with the wording of questions but there's not much playing around with "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Bush is handling the US Campaign against terrorism," and the off-topic here became whether people should be allowed to approve or disapprove of the president's performance (someone did that here and got criticized). It's ridiculous that I even need to defend such a point. Going by that logic, shouldn't the pre-Americans have just supported King George III after all, despite their opinions?

good2speed

22-07-2005 11:36:59

[quote77500d15dd="theysayjump"]
Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up “vocabulary." Using the same thirty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "uhh", "like", and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.[/quote77500d15dd]

Lol. What Like you know whatever.

While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is "Devon." If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.[/quote77500d15dd]

Lol

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies).
[/quote77500d15dd]

full kevlar bosy armour. ajjakaasslka

All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts. You will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.[/quote77500d15dd]

No comment

13. From November 10th the UK will harmonise petrol (or "gasoline," as you will be permitted to keep calling it until April 1st 2005) prices with the former USA. The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $6/US gallon -- get used to it).
[/quote77500d15dd]

Ouch

16. Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).

[/quote77500d15dd]

Can I be the Majesty's accountant. Wow thats a big payday.

BTW I just read trhe original post Jump. At first I didnt know it was intended to just be funny. Lol. Well it was. I found out though that as much the British like to make fun of and dehumanize Americans its as much as their obsessed with them.

hehehhehe

22-07-2005 11:55:18

[quotedccb535b53="good2speed"]
I found out though that as much the British like to make fun of and dehumanize Americans its as much as their obsessed with them.[/quotedccb535b53]
That's the case around the world. We all like to criticize whoever's #1 (some may take offense to me saying #1 so let's just say it's in terms of economic and military power. I'd even say culturally now.). Now with Bush this tendency is worse, but even with Clinton who many loved, it was the same. The English and French were hated at their peak as well, right?

Even though I've made posts in this thread saying people have the right to complain about the US, I've spent plenty of time defending the US to foreigners (especially when abroad) when I think their arguments are untrue. A few weeks ago i was working with a swiss guy who wouldn't stop complaining about every little thing, as if it's the country (US) that was wrong and not just a cultural difference (which is global for fucks sake). It was annoying...

theysayjump

22-07-2005 12:17:59

[quotec24115af9f="FreeOffersNow"][quotec24115af9f="theysayjump"][quotec24115af9f="FreeOffersNow"]you have the right to voice your opinion, [ic24115af9f][bc24115af9f]but you should support your country[/bc24115af9f][/ic24115af9f]....especially when so many young men and women are fighting abroad.[/quotec24115af9f]

why?

i think its good to have a discussion without it turning into a flame thread. it doesnt have to, if people can just express their opinions without getting too excited.[/quotec24115af9f]

If you don't agree with what we stand for, why are you here? Answer me that. Are you one of those people that come to America, "the land of opportunity," only to fly their home country's flag above the American flag on their flag pole?[/quotec24115af9f]

are people really that ignorant?

all i hear about (partly on this forum/thread) is how America is the land of the Free etc. is it, or is it not?

someones motive for moving to another country shouldnt be based on whether they like it or agree with the government. it should be based on what they are moving for (family, job, witness protection act etc) and what they can contribute to the country/community.

you say on one hand that your not the "your either with us or against us" kinda guy, but it sure sounds like it with the above statement.

my reason for moving to this country had nothing to do with the lvoe for it, or because i wanted to live here, or because i agree with the government, it was because my wife is from here and this is where she wanted to live, so i gave up my life, job, country, friends, family, to be with her.

im not a nationalist either. im proud of my country/heritage, but i dont go around with a flag waving from my car window, or have a scottish flag license plate, or say that if there is someone from America, living in Scotland who doesnt agree with our parliament to fuck off out of my country (not that your saying this). it seems like since 9/11, there has been an outpour of nationalism, which is fine, but if you were really that proud to be an American, why didnt you have a flag in your yard, or on your car before 9/11....that wasnt directed at you FON, but at the people who are/were like that.

believe it or not, America is not the only "free" country in the world. if i dont like your government, i have the right to not like them, speak out against them or protest against them whether i live here or not. and by you saying

[quotec24115af9f]If you don't agree with what we stand for, why are you here? Answer me that.[/quotec24115af9f]

is twisting my words. i love this country, its an amazing, beautiful country and my wish is to travel as much and see as much of it as i can. i have never met (in person) an American who i have disliked or who was a dick to me. my problem is with your government and some major corporations, not you or your next door neighbour.

FreeOffersNow

22-07-2005 13:23:26

[quote6cab425438="theysayjump"]The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour'; skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part. Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters. [/quote6cab425438]

[quote6cab425438="theysayjump"]neighbour.[/quote6cab425438]

lol

theysayjump

22-07-2005 13:30:20

oh and another that should be in there is "HERB"

its Herb, not Urb. D

ben laden

22-07-2005 16:51:55

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"]You've been banned from countless CounterStrike servers because admin powers are far-too-often abused by the 12 year-olds who wield them. We should play some time, I can take out some of my aggression towards you. Cal-Main here...by the way.[/quotef616beb101]
My point for mentioning the CS thing was that I've been banned many times just because of my name in the game, which is also ben laden, and thus show you I could care less what you think of my name and whether you think my arguments are valid because of it. Oh, and before I go on, you think I'm afraid of Cal-M? Half of the team in it don't deserve to be there, it's not that big of an honor.

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"]That was actually a joke...you're a quick one!! BIN Laden? No way, I had no idea. Really.[/quotef616beb101]

Just as you think I can't take a joke, it seems neither can you.

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"][quotef616beb101="ben laden"]WOW, YOU'D BE GOOD IN THE MEDIA, YOU ENJOY TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT![/quotef616beb101]

You said it, not me. I actually plan on working at Fox news sometime in the near future. Really though, it seems as though you enjoy making unproven assumptions just as much as I do taking things out of context.[/quotef616beb101]
You mean the unproven assumption about how you take things out of context? It's not unproven if it's true. I said that as a college student who is trying to do these sites simply for convenience. I'm not wealthy or well-off and I never have been. Politicians, on the other hand, are usually quite well off (look at Congress, who raises their own pay nearly every year) yet are still only concerned with making more money or their own neck at the expense of the people who they are supposed to be representing. Yet it's their own fault that they have gotten themselves into this political situation in the first place where everything is a struggle between the interest groups and the citizens (the interest groups almost always win out, because where do you think the money is coming from?). So out of context? Eh, maybe not, on second though. But completely irrelevent, what you said originally? Undoubtedly.

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"][quotef616beb101="ben laden"]I don't have any kind of responsiblity to a constituency who elected me. Wanna find a brain and some logic behind it before you come at me with this again?[/quotef616beb101]

Brain? Where do you get one of those? Whats it for? Oh yea...number one sign of an invalid argument "Argument ad hominem attacking the man. This is an attempt to discredit an idea by attacking the person who suggested it and not the idea itself."[/quotef616beb101]
I'm attacking you because you have no idea behind what you're saying. What is there to attack? You're offering a ludicrous idea that I'm in the same boat as a politician and so therefore me saying it's "all about money" constitutes some kind of hypocrisy. Really, what is there to argue? I may have an invalid argument, but at least I have one that exists. Is that clear enough for you? Or are you going to continue to ignore the points I bring up?

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"][quotef616beb101="ben laden"]What you should know as a citizen of this country is to stop being so goddamned ignorant of our history that you come under the misguided notion that the nation was founded on a single set of principles and ideals. That's not only ignorant, that's just flat out wrong.[/quotef616beb101]

More bullshit to make yourself feel intelligent with the use of definitions.[/quotef616beb101]

You think the consitution was written in one draft? You think everyone agreed with every part of it? You think there was no compromise at all? You are LAUGHABLY ignorant, it really is quite amusing. Long story short, Alexandar Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson, two "founding fathers" who were VERY involved in the formation of the constitution and it's various specifics, were about as different as Kerry and Bush Jr. In fact, they were probably MORE different and numerous intense debates were held between them on how the government should be run and how much it should be involved in day-to-day life, etc.
So really, the definition of "set" is, again, irrelevent. Read a history book, seriously; the unification of country after Pearl Harbor was probably stronger than the unification while the country was being founded, just for a scope.

[quotef616beb101="ben laden"]And no, you shouldn't support your country blindly. You shouldn't support anything blindly. Support the troops if you wish, but finding a reason and motive before pledging your support for something is highly advised.[/quotef616beb101]

[quotef616beb101="FreeOffersNow"]I didn't say to support anything blindly. I said that one should support his or her country. If you don't, why are you here? I mean...I suppose I just don't understand how someone can say "Oh I hate America so much, thats why I live here." To be honest I don't like Bush at all, but coming from a family where my father, my two uncles, my father's father, and my father's father's father are all war-time veterans...perhaps my view is a bit skewed. If you're not willing to support your country, buy a plane ticket and get the fuck out.[/quotef616beb101]

So when you say that one should support his country, do you mean at all times, regardless? Because if that's the case, then it's supporting blindly. If you didn't mean that, then obviously you understand why some people wouldn't support this country at times and why your ridiculously naive position of "you're with us or get the fuck out" is wrong; and that's completely disregarding the reasons I've ALREADY GIVEN, of which theysayjump has given a sort of real-life example. Personally, if you're not willing to accept that one of the great things about this country is the right to dissent, then I think YOU should get the fuck out.

[quotef616beb101="jadem"][quotef616beb101="ben laden"][quotef616beb101="jadem"][quotef616beb101="ben laden"]
Wow I wish I saw the world in black and white just like you, it would make life so much easier.[/quotef616beb101]
roll[/quotef616beb101]
Roll your eyes at me all you want[/quotef616beb101]
Just because you got all pissy and bitchy[/quotef616beb101]

Hmm, I'm sorry I just don't see how that made me pissy and bitchy. When you have an actual argument and can get past that whole unnecessary comments thing can you let me know?

comppimp

22-07-2005 18:19:37

You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.

theysayjump

22-07-2005 18:28:53

[quote66645d81b9="comppimp"]You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.[/quote66645d81b9]

go down?

wow, karma must be a bitch if you "go down" for thinking for yourself.

nicd.01

22-07-2005 18:56:36

[quote8191cf9a2b="comppimp"]You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.[/quote8191cf9a2b]

Yeehaw.

theysayjump

22-07-2005 19:57:43

[quote6bd1b5345c="nicd.01"][quote6bd1b5345c="comppimp"]You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.[/quote6bd1b5345c]

Yeehaw.[/quote6bd1b5345c]

lol lol lol

J4320

22-07-2005 20:31:55

[quote048bf790d6="theysayjump"][quote048bf790d6="nicd.01"][quote048bf790d6="comppimp"]You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.[/quote048bf790d6]

Yeehaw.[/quote048bf790d6]

lol lol lol[/quote048bf790d6]

lol lol lol lol

Ha, my army is bigger.

ben laden

22-07-2005 22:30:47

[quotea4f85a4a43="comppimp"]You know what I say to people like this FON? Forget em. If an attack ever does happen on our homeland again, they will be the first to go down. Karma's a bitch.[/quotea4f85a4a43]

Yes, because the collective sum of everything I've done in life rests solely on my homeland pride. Is that a joke? I sincerely hope it is.

FreeOffersNow

23-07-2005 01:31:15

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]My point for mentioning the CS thing was that I've been banned many times just because of my name in the game, which is also ben laden, and thus show you I could care less what you think of my name and whether you think my arguments are valid because of it. Oh, and before I go on, you think I'm afraid of Cal-M? Half of the team in it don't deserve to be there, it's not that big of an honor.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

So because "half of the teams" don't deserve to be in Cal-Main, I suppose you're better than me? I've got an open invite to a Premier team, which will be attending CPL. They've offered to pay my way if I join, but I'm simply not that dedicated.

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]Just as you think I can't take a joke, it seems neither can you.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

So....what was it you said that was a joke? Apparently I missed it.

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]You mean the unproven assumption about how you take things out of context? It's not unproven if it's true.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

So its not only true, but a proven fact that I [ie4f6d8a784]enjoy[/ie4f6d8a784] taking things out of context? DAMNIT! You got me...I get so excited when the opportunity to take something out of context presents itself....

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]I'm attacking you because you have no idea behind what you're saying. What is there to attack? You're offering a ludicrous idea that I'm in the same boat as a politician and so therefore me saying it's "all about money" constitutes some kind of hypocrisy. Really, what is there to argue? I may have an invalid argument, but at least I have one that exists. Is that clear enough for you? Or are you going to continue to ignore the points I bring up?[/quotee4f6d8a784]

Is it possible to say something without having an idea behind what you're saying?

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]More bullshit to make yourself feel intelligent with the use of definitions.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

Yea...definitions do, in fact, make me feel intelligent. Not my 3.8GPA though, just the definitions.

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]You think the consitution was written in one draft? You think everyone agreed with every part of it? You think there was no compromise at all? You are LAUGHABLY ignorant, it really is quite amusing. Long story short, Alexandar Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson, two "founding fathers" who were VERY involved in the formation of the constitution and it's various specifics, were about as different as Kerry and Bush Jr. In fact, they were probably MORE different and numerous intense debates were held between them on how the government should be run and how much it should be involved in day-to-day life, etc.
So really, the definition of "set" is, again, irrelevent. Read a history book, seriously; the unification of country after Pearl Harbor was probably stronger than the unification while the country was being founded, just for a scope.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

So...what you're saying is that the Constitution could (and is) defined as a set of principles and ideals? Thought so. As far as a history book goes...which do you recommend? It'd be nice to be as well-informed as you are.

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]So when you say that one should support his country, do you mean at all times, regardless? Because if that's the case, then it's supporting blindly. If you didn't mean that, then obviously you understand why some people wouldn't support this country at times and why your ridiculously naive position of "you're with us or get the fuck out" is wrong; and that's completely disregarding the reasons I've ALREADY GIVEN, of which theysayjump has given a sort of real-life example. Personally, if you're not willing to accept that one of the great things about this country is the right to dissent, then I think YOU should get the fuck out.[/quotee4f6d8a784]

You're writing is gender biased, read a language book, seriously. "So when you say that one should support his [or her] country..." But yea, I'll get right on that getting the fuck out of the country which I support. Lets just hope we never have to re-enact the draft....I'd sure hate to be on the front lines with you....

[quotee4f6d8a784="ben laden"]Hmm, I'm sorry I just don't see how that made me pissy and bitchy. When you have an actual argument and can get past that whole unnecessary comments thing can you let me know?[/quotee4f6d8a784]

You're talking? You already admitted that you're argument is invalid...so whats the point of arguing? This forum really isn't that deep. Enjoy your life of solitude Mr. ben laden...perhaps one day you can start a country of your own and run it just how you like.

P.S. Find the "Petoria" episode of Family Guy and watch it...

ben laden

23-07-2005 12:43:25

Well, some of this is just running in circles now so I'm going to ignore those parts.

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"]So because "half of the teams" don't deserve to be in Cal-Main, I suppose you're better than me? I've got an open invite to a Premier team, which will be attending CPL. They've offered to pay my way if I join, but I'm simply not that dedicated.[/quoteff93b98ec0]
No, I didn't say I was better than you, I'm just saying that you saying you are Cal-M is not something that impresses me, as it shouldn't impress anyone who is experienced with the game. But congratulations on your progress with the game, I hope I reach that level someday.

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"][quoteff93b98ec0="ben laden"]You mean the unproven assumption about how you take things out of context? It's not unproven if it's true.[/quoteff93b98ec0]

So its not only true, but a proven fact that I [iff93b98ec0]enjoy[/iff93b98ec0] taking things out of context? DAMNIT! You got me...I get so excited when the opportunity to take something out of context presents itself....[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Valid point, I don't even know why I said that. I'll chalk it up to tiredness since I really don't even remember writing most of this post.

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"][quoteff93b98ec0="ben laden"]I'm attacking you because you have no idea behind what you're saying. What is there to attack? You're offering a ludicrous idea that I'm in the same boat as a politician and so therefore me saying it's "all about money" constitutes some kind of hypocrisy. Really, what is there to argue? I may have an invalid argument, but at least I have one that exists. Is that clear enough for you? Or are you going to continue to ignore the points I bring up?[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Is it possible to say something without having an idea behind what you're saying?[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Yes, it is. Some people prefer to it as "talking out your ass." And once again you ignore what I'm saying how you compared me to a politician and somehow me being hypocritical. I'm saying this is impossible to argue since it is such a laughably ludicrous argument on your behalf. How can I be compared to a politician, honestly?

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"][quoteff93b98ec0="ben laden"]More bullshit to make yourself feel intelligent with the use of definitions.[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Yea...definitions do, in fact, make me feel intelligent. Not my 3.8GPA though, just the definitions.[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Not only is GPA marginally indicative of intelligence (some people have bad semesters, some people take incredibly easy classes while others take all hard classes), but I'm not going to lower myself to having a "my GPA is higher fight." All I'll say is that 3.8 is not impressive to me. In fact, I think mine is right around there. I'll look it up is you're THAT interested. (sarcasm)

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"][quoteff93b98ec0="ben laden"]So when you say that one should support his country, do you mean at all times, regardless? Because if that's the case, then it's supporting blindly. If you didn't mean that, then obviously you understand why some people wouldn't support this country at times and why your ridiculously naive position of "you're with us or get the fuck out" is wrong; and that's completely disregarding the reasons I've ALREADY GIVEN, of which theysayjump has given a sort of real-life example. Personally, if you're not willing to accept that one of the great things about this country is the right to dissent, then I think YOU should get the fuck out.[/quoteff93b98ec0]

You're writing is gender biased, read a language book, seriously. "So when you say that one should support his [or her] country..." But yea, I'll get right on that getting the fuck out of the country which I support. Lets just hope we never have to re-enact the draft....I'd sure hate to be on the front lines with you....[/quoteff93b98ec0]

lol, I specifically left out the PC gender-neutral bullshit (although normally I wouldn't have included it anyways) to see if you'd catch that. I wasn't disappointed. If you're going to nitpick (and when I'm accusing you of nitpicking over English, you know that's bad) over stuff like that, then I'm just going to use it more often. I personally hate when people get offended at writing like that, as if I'm sexist or something. Oh, and as you said, what language book do you recommend? (not that it would help)
Once again, thanks for ignoring any points I brought up and insulting my bravery or whatever the fuck you were trying to take a jab at instead.

[quoteff93b98ec0="FreeOffersNow"][quoteff93b98ec0="ben laden"]Hmm, I'm sorry I just don't see how that made me pissy and bitchy. When you have an actual argument and can get past that whole unnecessary comments thing can you let me know?[/quoteff93b98ec0]

You're talking? You already admitted that you're argument is invalid...so whats the point of arguing? This forum really isn't that deep. Enjoy your life of solitude Mr. ben laden...perhaps one day you can start a country of your own and run it just how you like.

P.S. Find the "Petoria" episode of Family Guy and watch it...[/quoteff93b98ec0]

Thanks for responding to something not directed at you. Oh, and if you read carefully (maybe you should check out a speed-reading book?) you would have realized that I was acknowledging your assertion that my argument was invalid, not admitting it. I was simply speaking in a "if my....." sense, not a "my......" sense.
Thanks for assuming I'm a lonely lonely man. lol lol
I don't watch TV.

theysayjump

23-07-2005 16:30:07

[quote6a37af6cad="ben laden"]I don't watch TV.[/quote6a37af6cad]

theres your problem right there.

J4320

23-07-2005 16:51:02

[quote05da58f5c6="theysayjump"][quote05da58f5c6="ben laden"]I don't watch TV.[/quote05da58f5c6]

theres your problem right there.[/quote05da58f5c6]

I don't watch TV either. I watch movies though. I have no cable.

ben laden

23-07-2005 18:40:03

I have digital cable with a billion channels, but most of it is mindless tripe. So I, like you, watch movies.

FreeOffersNow

23-07-2005 22:23:45

[quoteaf012adf3e="theysayjump"][quoteaf012adf3e="ben laden"]I don't watch TV.[/quoteaf012adf3e]

theres your problem right there.[/quoteaf012adf3e]

I met a woman from Scotland today at Six Flags Darien Lake. She was there with her two boys...a bit heavy set but very personable. Sadly enough I thought of you as soon as I heard her accent.

theysayjump

23-07-2005 22:30:50

[quote007e5cb55c="FreeOffersNow"][quote007e5cb55c="theysayjump"][quote007e5cb55c="ben laden"]I don't watch TV.[/quote007e5cb55c]

theres your problem right there.[/quote007e5cb55c]

I met a woman from Scotland today at Six Flags Darien Lake. She was there with her two boys...a bit heavy set but very personable. Sadly enough I thought of you as soon as I heard her accent.[/quote007e5cb55c]

lmao.....thanks FON. im glad that heavy women remind you of me.

i think im gonna have to change my sig to that quote D

FreeOffersNow

23-07-2005 23:06:48

If tomorrow all the things were gone I’d worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s pride in every American heart,
and it’s time to stand and say

I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

...couldn't resist.

theysayjump

23-07-2005 23:32:47

to be honest, i thought it was a piss take when i 1st heard that song oops

comppimp

23-07-2005 23:38:31

This is for all the haters

http//www.darrengauthier.com/bushuncensored.jpg[" alt=""/imgc6085788c8]

And if you don't agree with us, we'll make you our bitches!

[img="c6085788c8]http//loadedmouth.com/images/yeswecan1.jpg[" alt=""/imgc6085788c8]

God bless the USA

theysayjump

23-07-2005 23:43:11

ok i seriously hope your joking.

if your not then once again, you are an ignorant lililili.

if you are joking, then your not very funny.

the award for the mod with the smallest brain goes to........

nicd.01

24-07-2005 00:25:34

The video where our noble leader cleans his glasses off on the shirt of an unsuspecting woman is another good one. I mean, what else would you expect from such a moral crusader? The same goes for the one where he is clearly shitfaced at a wedding. What a good christian man he is... We should all follow his example.

ben laden

24-07-2005 01:10:24

Yeah, Comppimp. You are a disgusting piece of shit. Congrats.

theysayjump

24-07-2005 01:21:36

[quote516710ef44="ben laden"]Yeah, Comppimp. You are a disgusting piece of shit. Congrats.[/quote516710ef44]

you are very ungrateful Ben.

lilooks at titleli

how long before mine changes?

comppimp

24-07-2005 04:23:29

Not long at all.

FreeOffersNow

24-07-2005 09:41:08

lol I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to allow this to go on...it is clear that in most cases political discussions are far too deep for the anonymity of online forums.

ben laden

24-07-2005 12:27:23

It has nothing to do with being too deep; this is exactly how I'd argue if I were face to face with someone. The problem is that political beliefs are like religious beliefs in that hardly anyone will change theirs based on an argument. I've simply tolerated arguing this long because I enjoy it. lol
And likewise, I'm not one of those who takes arguments like this seriously, so it's not like I hate you, FON, or that I wouldn't trade with you or dwell on my dislike for you the entire day with mutterings under my breath or some weird crap like that. lol Comppimp, on the other hand, I very much dislike right now. Although the title change is a refreshing change of pace.

J4320

24-07-2005 12:50:18

[quote98898ccd8e="ben laden"]I have digital cable with a billion channels, but most of it is mindless tripe. So I, like you, watch movies.[/quote98898ccd8e]

Good choice. wink

We agree on a lot of things.............. Except for something...... Hmmm....

theysayjump

24-07-2005 12:58:09

[quote273dc29f77="FreeOffersNow"]lol I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to allow this to go on...it is clear that in most cases political discussions are far too deep for the anonymity of online forums.[/quote273dc29f77]

i thought the discussion was going fine, there was no flaming, everyone was making their points until comppimp decided to be a cock.

he is probably one of those people who wonders why people in other parts of the world dislike americans.....hmmm.......why could that be? cos of people like him. its people like him who give this country a bad name.

i may not agree with you FON, but at least your not bigoted like comppimp.

good2speed

24-07-2005 13:04:46

[quote9a377baed9="theysayjump"][quote9a377baed9="FreeOffersNow"]lol I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to allow this to go on...it is clear that in most cases political discussions are far too deep for the anonymity of online forums.[/quote9a377baed9]

i thought the discussion was going fine, there was no flaming, everyone was making their points until comppimp decided to be a cock.

he is probably one of those people who wonders why people in other parts of the world dislike americans.....hmmm.......why could that be? cos of people like him. its people like him who give this country a bad name.

i may not agree with you FON, but at least your not bigoted like comppimp.[/quote9a377baed9]

Enough already. This is a family site people we have little children like Junior and oddball running around here. Lets keep it clean nothing below the belt. To your corners people.

theysayjump

24-07-2005 13:25:01

lol...i dont think oddjob and junior will be too pleased with that lol

comppimp

25-07-2005 02:32:57

theysayjump is going to take a 2 day vacation to cool off. Hopefully he learns something from his little time out when he comes back.

Peinecone

25-07-2005 11:05:59

I don't want to get involved in this, but that seems kinda harsh. I don't think there is anything wrong with political debate on these boards, but don't take it too personally.

Crynos

25-07-2005 11:27:05

[quote755d22eff9="comppimp"]theysayjump is going to take a 2 day vacation to cool off. Hopefully he learns something from his little time out when he comes back.[/quote755d22eff9]
THats bs, youre basically banning him for disagreeing with you, because what he said wasnt any worse than what you said.

hehehhehe

25-07-2005 11:30:14

[quote3ec009f517="Crynos"]
THats bs, youre basically banning him for disagreeing with you, because what he said wasnt any worse than what you said.[/quote3ec009f517]
Totally

J4320

25-07-2005 11:38:29

Lol I thought theysayjump was taking a vacation for real. Poor guy... (

Is it really that big of a deal?

I haven't read through this thread so I don't know what the huge deal is and I don't want to totally jump in without reading all of it.

comppimp

25-07-2005 12:24:43

He was banned for spewing personal attacks at me. Read his previous posts. Never once did I call him a "cock" or other things to deserve what he said.

As quoted by the Rules of these forums

[quote14f7d47473]3) Disrespect of moderators or administrators will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, show them the respect they deserve. [/quote14f7d47473]

nicd.01

25-07-2005 12:30:24

All he did was react to pictures that were obviously posted to get a reaction. I honestly don't know what else you expected people to do. I understand that he broke the rules but I'm sure the political nature of the debate had at least a small part in your decision to suspend him. The only good thing about this is that you are allowing him back in a few days.

Crynos

25-07-2005 12:46:44

[quote8bf7443b6f="comppimp"]He was banned for spewing personal attacks at me. Read his previous posts. Never once did I call him a "cock" or other things to deserve what he said.

As quoted by the Rules of these forums

[quote8bf7443b6f]3) Disrespect of moderators or administrators will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. As a general rule, show them the respect they deserve. [/quote8bf7443b6f][/quote8bf7443b6f]
What do you expect after this post?
[quote8bf7443b6f="comppimp"]This is for all the haters

http//www.darrengauthier.com/bushuncensored.jpg[" alt=""/img8bf7443b6f]

And if you don't agree with us, we'll make you our bitches!

[img="8bf7443b6f]http//loadedmouth.com/images/yeswecan1.jpg[" alt=""/img8bf7443b6f]

God bless the USA[/quote8bf7443b6f]
Those pictures offend me also, and frankly the message is much worse than calling someone a "cock"

Stroid

25-07-2005 13:16:43

To end this horrible thread...this country was built to be a free country. one that you can have personal freedoms...the framers setup a wonderful constitution which protects speech which is one reason this country is so great. Your opinion is not wrong either way you wanna argue about this issue. you can take compimps side or theysayjumps side and you are both right this is the beauty of free speech. You may not personally agree but that is your choice people have a fundamental right to these freedoms and this is why this country is so great the constitution gives you the right to agree and disagree with this government and their actions. Being born here makes you no more american then someone that immigrated here. this country was built on immigrants and for someone to say that immigrants dont have the same rights or they can leave is just stupid anyways enjoy the freedoms of the constitution for this is one of the greatest liberties given to all people of the United States.