f Apple

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18642

good2speed

18-07-2005 13:45:27

these companies are really f'n up. They want to sell all these individual devices so they make money out of each product. Some new start up company should just just say f you to all the corporate powerhouses and create the all in one custom device. When I leave in the morning I always grab my cell phone, my ipod, and if I want to take pics my camera. Thats f'n annoying, I know Im getting spoiled with the new technology but I know its possible to create. Not like Im asking for something impossible. We need a proper all in one device. Not too sure how highly configiured the PDA's are but I want an all in one cell phone, mass storage mp3player, and camera all in one. Plus the device should be windows compatible or linux and you should be able to recieve email like with a blackberry. Also give me a nice f'n lcd screen like the PSP that lets me play high quality video. Getting real sick of Apple introducing these small enhancements to their porducts when they should have ben introduced initially.

F Apple... F Sony

willr91

18-07-2005 13:55:43

What you have to ask yourself is do you want 3 different things which all do their own job reasonably well, or one piece of crap that can do everything but not very well. If you choose the latter, maybe you should look into buying a sony clie on ebay.

good2speed

18-07-2005 14:17:54

[quotef6f7142221="willr91"]What you have to ask yourself is do you want 3 different things which all do their own job reasonably well, or one piece of crap that can do everything but not very well. If you choose the latter, maybe you should look into buying a sony clie on ebay.[/quotef6f7142221]

No I want the all in one bomb diggity device. And I knoe they can do it if they put their efforts out there. Theyre shying away from it because they realize they can sell each piece individually and make a whole lot more money. Corporate bitches. Think they just did a 5 megapizel camera phone. Like they couldnt have done this a year or 2 ago. Theyre screwing us now. Bet they hAVE a superpsp that does everything with GPS.

F Apple
F sony

justinfreestuff

18-07-2005 14:46:14

what the hell?
why should they change anything for [b031acc5920]you[/b031acc5920]?
if i was CEO of apple i'd do the same damn thing
if you were CEO of apple YOU'D do the same damn thing as well

if i were you i'd refrain from buying any product altogether, be it an ipod or lemonade mix, since you'll probably complain about it anyway

FreeOffersNow

18-07-2005 14:47:45

The number one goal of any business is profit...I don't care what anyone tells you. Apple is doing what any other company in their position would do...maximizing profit.

good2speed

18-07-2005 14:52:56

[quotea2a0cf63b1="justinfreestuff"]what the hell?
why should they change anything for [ba2a0cf63b1]you[/ba2a0cf63b1]?
if i was CEO of apple i'd do the same damn thing
if you were CEO of apple YOU'D do the same damn thing as well

if i were you i'd refrain from buying any product altogether, be it an ipod or lemonade mix, since you'll probably complain about it anyway[/quotea2a0cf63b1]

ok you pissed me off. You get what you deserve

You said a lot of if's. Such as if you were Ceo of apple. Nig Please. Your not even CEO of yourself. Puppet. When did I even buy the product you f'n moron I obviously got it for free since Im on this site. Lets examine your intelligence now and get back to that claim if you were CEO. Silence

[quotea2a0cf63b1="FreeOffersNow"]The number one goal of any business is profit...I don't care what anyone tells you. Apple is doing what any other company in their position would do...maximizing profit.[/quotea2a0cf63b1]

ya I agree with you. I know business must make their profits but Im just hoping a startup can rock these corporations and develop soemthing innovative thats what competition and capitalism is for. Notice how you 2 siad basically the same thing but you addressed it without insulting me.

liquidskin

18-07-2005 14:56:00

[quotea507a44b45="good2speed"]

You said a lot of if's. Such as if you were Ceo of apple. Nig Please. Your not even CEO of yourself. Puppet. When did I even buy the product you f'n moron I obviously got it for free since Im on this site. Lets examine your intelligence now and get back to that claim if you were CEO. Silence
[/quotea507a44b45]

haha, pwned.

yeah, it would be cool if they could combine them. it will happen eventually.

FreeOffersNow

18-07-2005 14:59:10

[quote2c1a251dbf="good2speed"]ya I agree with you. I know business must make their profits but Im just hoping a startup can rock these corporations and develop soemthing innovative thats what competition and capitalism is for. Notice how you 2 siad basically the same thing but you addressed it without insulting me.[/quote2c1a251dbf]

That's because I'm a "Moderator" and justin is an "ungrateful fuck" ;) Really though I like justin but that was just too easy.

good2speed

18-07-2005 15:02:13

[quoteb4b3bb6340="FreeOffersNow"][quoteb4b3bb6340="good2speed"]ya I agree with you. I know business must make their profits but Im just hoping a startup can rock these corporations and develop soemthing innovative thats what competition and capitalism is for. Notice how you 2 siad basically the same thing but you addressed it without insulting me.[/quoteb4b3bb6340]

That's because I'm a "Moderator" and justin is an "ungrateful fuck" ;) Really though I like justin but that was just too easy.[/quoteb4b3bb6340]

besides you being a moderator I figure we've talked enough that you'll respond at least with constructive criticism and arguments and not insults. Maybe indirect insults to make me and you laugh but nothing too rude.

hehehhehe

18-07-2005 15:38:57

Treo 650 and Sony s710a, p800, p900 do a decent job of being a phone, camera, and pda in varying degrees. While I see the logic in you saying that companies do not make all-in-one devices on purpose, I also see companies trying to take market share away from each other in various products. Sony discontinued clies but continues to work on camera phones and mp3 players. Doesn't that tell you that they don't want to try to sell everything to everyone, but instead, wants a device that does more?

What's an acceptable size for you? The s710 has a pretty nice screen, can play mp3s off memory sticks (up to 1g or 2), and has a 1.2 MP camera, shitty pda functions though. The treo has a shitty camera, similar mp3 characteristics off flash memory, video playback, and great pda functions. Looking at the size of good cameras, pdas, and music players, I don't think an all-in-one device that does everything well is not possible right now.

Could there be a 20G hard drive, 3+MP camera, PDA phone at a reasonable size right now? Yeah, maybe had they spent billions starting a few years ago, before people knew how big the ipod would get. Do many companies have that kind of money and expertise? No. Do I see a concerted effort to prevent these products from surfacing? No. Why? If there was one company that could deliver on such a product, everybody would get one. What company wouldn't want that?

aguy

18-07-2005 15:56:43

a device like this would be the size of a shoe

good2speed

18-07-2005 16:01:33

[quote193793feda="hehehhehe"]
Could there be a 20G hard drive, 3+MP camera, PDA phone at a reasonable size right now? Yeah, maybe had they spent billions starting a few years ago, before people knew how big the ipod would get. Do many companies have that kind of money and expertise? No. Do I see a concerted effort to prevent these products from surfacing? No. Why? If there was one company that could deliver on such a product, everybody would get one. What company wouldn't want that?[/quote193793feda]

They could develop some crazy technology right now but dont want to release it for a while. All the big companies know that if they created this super device then everyone would buy it but that they would still make more money selling individual items and then later on capitalize on the all in one device. Sort of like a double whammy. Thats why the entice you with all these little extra add ons and then once you purchase a month later they have added something else and you feel left out again. Its all a scam they have business meetings and can plan accordingly. Dont you think that by introducing one feature at a time they'll gain more money on return customers.

Collateral

18-07-2005 16:03:44

[quote037397197f="good2speed"][quote037397197f="hehehhehe"]
Could there be a 20G hard drive, 3+MP camera, PDA phone at a reasonable size right now? Yeah, maybe had they spent billions starting a few years ago, before people knew how big the ipod would get. Do many companies have that kind of money and expertise? No. Do I see a concerted effort to prevent these products from surfacing? No. Why? If there was one company that could deliver on such a product, everybody would get one. What company wouldn't want that?[/quote037397197f]

They could develop some crazy technology right now but dont want to release it for a while. All the big companies know that if they created this super device then everyone would buy it but that they would still make more money selling individual items and then later on capitalize on the all in one device. Sort of like a double whammy. Thats why the entice you with all these little extra add ons and then once you purchase a month later they have added something else and you feel left out again. Its all a scam they have business meetings and can plan accordingly. [b037397197f] Dont you think that by introducing one feature at a time they'll gain more money on return customers[/b037397197f].[/quote037397197f]

yah

Admin

18-07-2005 16:17:20

My Treo 650's screen is fucking awesome. The camera leaves a little to be desired, though.

But it can play fullscreen video and play mp3/wav/ogg/shoutcast radio in stereo, no problem, up to 2gb SD cards...

It's not a true fusion device (I still carry/use ipod) but it definitely replaced my phone + camera + pda...

good2speed

18-07-2005 16:25:23

[quote53e01c7814="Admin"]My Treo 650's screen is fucking awesome. The camera leaves a little to be desired, though.

But it can play fullscreen video and play mp3/wav/ogg/shoutcast radio in stereo, no problem, up to 2gb SD cards...

It's not a true fusion device (I still carry/use ipod) but it definitely replaced my phone + camera + pda...[/quote53e01c7814]

Ya Ive been thinking about getting a treo 650. Why I actuallyt statred Pdatech4free. But F coobro Evryone at work either has a PDA , razr, or blackberry. I feel like such a low life with my basic otorola cell phone. All walking round with those bluetooth headsets looking like theyre talking to themselves. Ughh I hate em. I need a new phone.

freedesktoppc

18-07-2005 16:28:16

[quote93afe1ede9="good2speed"][quote93afe1ede9="willr91"]What you have to ask yourself is do you want 3 different things which all do their own job reasonably well, or one piece of crap that can do everything but not very well. If you choose the latter, maybe you should look into buying a sony clie on ebay.[/quote93afe1ede9]

No I want the all in one bomb diggity device. And I knoe they can do it if they put their efforts out there. Theyre shying away from it because they realize they can sell each piece individually and make a whole lot more money. Corporate bitches. Think they just did a 5 megapizel camera phone. Like they couldnt have done this a year or 2 ago. Theyre screwing us now. Bet they hAVE a superpsp that does everything with GPS.

F Apple
F sony[/quote93afe1ede9]

megapixels mean nothing. They can make you a 50 MP camera which can take shittier pics than a 2MP camera. There are lots of other factors into making a good camera. Well, I guess they may actually end up making one of these for you, the people that but based on the marketing specs alone.

Also, I am sure if they really wanted to they could put all the stuff together, and you would end up with a device the size of the mac mini. Then you would be bitching about that.

[quote93afe1ede9="good2speed"]They could develop some crazy technology right now but dont want to release it for a while. All the big companies know that if they created this super device then everyone would buy it but that they would still make more money selling individual items and then later on capitalize on the all in one device. Sort of like a double whammy. Thats why the entice you with all these little extra add ons and then once you purchase a month later they have added something else and you feel left out again. Its all a scam they have business meetings and can plan accordingly. Dont you think that by introducing one feature at a time they'll gain more money on return customers.[/quote93afe1ede9]

On what are you basing this statement? Do you work in Apple, Sony R&D departments? you might be, but then I don't think you'd be bitching here. You are making things up, and stating them as fact. If you actually knew a bit about how devices like these are made, it would take advances in the chip industry to allow what you want done. As somebody above mentioned, while sony and apple may not want to release an all-in-one device, some other Taiwanese/Korean brand could not care less, and within 6 months, Sony will be forced to release one as well to compete.

hehehhehe

18-07-2005 16:32:29

[quote25cbf77dbc="Collateral"][quote25cbf77dbc="good2speed"]
They could develop some crazy technology right now but dont want to release it for a while. All the big companies know that if they created this super device then everyone would buy it but that they would still make more money selling individual items and then later on capitalize on the all in one device. Sort of like a double whammy. Thats why the entice you with all these little extra add ons and then once you purchase a month later they have added something else and you feel left out again. Its all a scam they have business meetings and can plan accordingly. [b25cbf77dbc] Dont you think that by introducing one feature at a time they'll gain more money on return customers[/b25cbf77dbc].[/quote25cbf77dbc]

yah[/quote25cbf77dbc]

Are you guys serious? While I see your logic, they'd make more money if they came out with an all in one right now that did everything. One company would capture all the market share (for all cameras, pdas, phones, mp3 players - that would be huge), rather than compete in individual ones with tons of other companies where they'd be lucky to get 15-20%. Why do you think they are all [b25cbf77dbc]trying[/b25cbf77dbc] to come out with devices that do everything like the treo? If such a device was possible, it would be already out, but with an insane price tag. Google around and you'll see how everyone is talking of "convergence."

If such miniaturization were possible as you say (necessary for this super gadget you're talking about), where are the tiny 20G drives, 5MP cameras, PDAs and phones (granted some are small). People would love these tiny gagdets, and yet they aren't out, because [b25cbf77dbc]it isn't possible right now[/b25cbf77dbc].

good2speed

18-07-2005 16:35:58

[quotea8e8cbb916="hehehhehe"]
Are you guys serious? While I see your logic, they'd make more money if they came out with an all in one right now that did everything. One company would capture all the market share (for all cameras, pdas, phones, mp3 players - that would be huge), rather than compete in individual ones with tons of other companies where they'd be lucky to get 15-20%. Why do you think they are all [ba8e8cbb916]trying[/ba8e8cbb916] to come out with devices that do everything like the treo? If such a device was possible, it would be already out, but with an insane price tag.[/quotea8e8cbb916]

Good counter argument. Well someone needs to tell them corporate hoes to get to work and stop playing golf. I want to travel to Asia though and see what kind of phones they have on their market. Everyone at work who came from Asia all say that the phones out there rock and that our phones suck.

hehehhehe

18-07-2005 16:39:39

Yeah, I've heard that too about the phones there. When I went to Japan for work years ago, people were emailing each other on their phones (iMode) with great displays before the Europeans even came close to getting their shit together rolling out WAP.

oddjob1266

18-07-2005 17:19:11

[quotec5d9ef3017="good2speed"]You said a lot of if's. Such as if you were Ceo of apple. Nig Please. Your not even CEO of yourself. Puppet. When did I even buy the product you f'n moron I obviously got it for free since Im on this site. Lets examine your intelligence now and get back to that claim if you were CEO. Silence [/quotec5d9ef3017]

Not to rip on ya good, but you sound just like Vince Vaughn in the movie Be Cool, and it cracks me up! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

FreeOffersNow

18-07-2005 17:33:15

[quote8a4ef5321d="hehehhehe"]Are you guys serious? While I see your logic, they'd make more money if they came out with an all in one right now that did everything. One company would capture all the market share (for all cameras, pdas, phones, mp3 players - that would be huge), rather than compete in individual ones with tons of other companies where they'd be lucky to get 15-20%. Why do you think they are all [b8a4ef5321d]trying[/b8a4ef5321d] to come out with devices that do everything like the treo? If such a device was possible, it would be already out, but with an insane price tag. Google around and you'll see how everyone is talking of "convergence." [/quote8a4ef5321d]

No. Unfortunately (for the companies, not the consumer), innovations in electronics are incredibly easy to emulate. While companies like Apple focus on innovation, they must also maintain their identity. Apple sells more off image and slice of life than they do off of actual innovation (atleast, in my eyes). In electronics, brand recognition is nearly as critical as it is in apparell...where a huge percentage of buyers are just looking for whats popular, or "in style." Even if it were possible to create this all-in-one device, the nature of the market would allow the market to be monopolized for no more than a few months....at which time the innovator would be undercut, which is where competition for market share starts to show its face. That said, releasing a full product line is almost always more profitable than releasing an "industry first" product (consider research and development, marketing costs, etc.). Keeping existing customers is far less expensive than finding new ones - Marketing 101

mr_black

18-07-2005 17:59:51

behold all that you asked for....the [be76cd5db25]n91 [/be76cd5db25][=http//www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?loc=inside,main_n91] [be76cd5db25]n91 [/be76cd5db25] should do ya wink

Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though.

EatChex89

18-07-2005 18:10:55

geez dude.. this is greedy

good2speed

18-07-2005 19:38:56

[quote504da11e6e="oddjob1266"]
Not to rip on ya good, but you sound just like Vince Vaughn in the movie Be Cool, and it cracks me up! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol[/quote504da11e6e]

Twinkle Twinkle

http//sorenz.dk/Be%20cool%20pic.JPG[" alt=""/img504da11e6e]

[quote504da11e6e="FreeOffersNow"]
No. Unfortunately (for the companies, not the consumer), innovations in electronics are incredibly easy to emulate. While companies like Apple focus on innovation, they must also maintain their identity. Apple sells more off image and slice of life than they do off of actual innovation (atleast, in my eyes). In electronics, brand recognition is nearly as critical as it is in apparell...where a huge percentage of buyers are just looking for whats popular, or "in style." Even if it were possible to create this all-in-one device, the nature of the market would allow the market to be monopolized for no more than a few months....at which time the innovator would be undercut, which is where competition for market share starts to show its face. That said, releasing a full product line is almost always more profitable than releasing an "industry first" product (consider research and development, marketing costs, etc.). Keeping existing customers is far less expensive than finding new ones - Marketing 101[/quote504da11e6e]

Good points but who knows whats really going on. Each side has its case. Obviously Sony has shown innovation before and wont hesitate for a second if they see an opening to dominate a a market. Apple really doesnt make phones so its hard to blame them for not creating one. Now whether or not they want to license or use the ipod tag on certain cell phone makers is up in the air. They pretty much dominate the mp3 player market and dont want to see that market diminish for any means. They may have contacted phone manufacturers to license the ipod logo but I'm certain the companies probably decided to work on their own technology to integrate that with their phones. Its basically a cut throat industry and the companies might not want to work together on products they feel they may have more financial success at by doing it individually but who knows. I think theres a big market for these devices and this kind of product will be released eventually.

oddjob1266

18-07-2005 20:10:18

++ KMA for finding a pic...lol

good2speed

18-07-2005 23:39:32

[quoteecae5d2a99="mr_black"][behold all that you asked for....the [becae5d2a99]n91 [/becae5d2a99][=http//www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?loc=inside,main_n91] [becae5d2a99]n91 [/becae5d2a99] should do ya wink

Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though.[/quoteecae5d2a99]

Just realized what you actually said.

You posted that link

That phone definetely does look cool.

FreeOffersNow

18-07-2005 23:44:28

[quote615c8445f7="good2speed"][quote615c8445f7="mr_black"][behold all that you asked for....the [b615c8445f7]n91 [/b615c8445f7][=http//www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?loc=inside,main_n91] [b615c8445f7]n91 [/b615c8445f7] should do ya wink

Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though.[/quote615c8445f7]

You posted that link

That phone definetely does look cool.[/quote615c8445f7]

"Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though." was me...not sure why the forum registered it as being posted by mr. black?? Is it displaying that way for any/everyone else?

theysayjump

18-07-2005 23:46:46

quite a few people have been having problems quoting other people.

and yeah to me it looks like mr_black wrote the above sentence and quoted good'.

good2speed

18-07-2005 23:51:19

[quote54fd5e929c="FreeOffersNow"][quote54fd5e929c="good2speed"][quote54fd5e929c="mr_black"][behold all that you asked for....the [b54fd5e929c]n91 [/b54fd5e929c][=http//www.nokia.com/nseries/index.html?loc=inside,main_n91] [b54fd5e929c]n91 [/b54fd5e929c] should do ya wink

Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though.[/quote54fd5e929c]

You posted that link

That phone definetely does look cool.[/quote54fd5e929c]

"Not so much...I'm pretty sure that in this discussion, by camera we mean something with a 5.0MP (or greater) resolution. I suppose its a step in the right direction, though." was me...not sure why the forum registered it as being posted by mr. black?? Is it displaying that way for any/everyone else?[/quote54fd5e929c]

Lol twighlight zone. I have no idea whats going on right now.