Anyone familiar with Business Tax ID's?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=18345

wood

13-07-2005 11:46:16

Okay, so I'm in the midst of starting my own online business.
Nothing major, just reselling popular electronics and such.

I'm eventually going to register a domain and what not...but thats too far in the future to worry about.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a business tax ID.
I'm tired of paying tax on everything, and with this ID I can make tax free purchases from certain vendors/retailors, or just be reimbursed for the tax I paid on anything business related.

I'm in PA so the 6% is pretty high in relation to the rest of the nation...
So far this year I've spent over $1000 in business-related taxes. x

I'm already on google looking around, but just figured I'd see if any of you guys had some input on the situation.

Any recomendations/advice will be greatly appreciated!

-wood

Sonofshoe

13-07-2005 11:48:55

I got a tax id for an online Paintball business I had. I went to some Iowa government page and filled it out, and got it in about 15 days.

I believe you dont have to pay taxes on items you plan to resell, and then in turn, charge tax on the items you sell.

Hope that helps roll

Good luck.

Godrockdj

13-07-2005 11:59:22

Umm, my husband recently had to get one for our business Wood. I'll send him this link and ask him to contact you about where he had to get forms from and such.

wood

13-07-2005 12:23:17

[quote7c04704aeb="Sonofshoe"]I got a tax id for an online Paintball business I had. I went to some Iowa government page and filled it out, and got it in about 15 days.

I believe you dont have to pay taxes on items you plan to resell, and then in turn, charge tax on the items you sell.

Hope that helps roll

Good luck.[/quote7c04704aeb]

Can you link me to this page?
Everywhere I look is asking for money for the ID...
Even gov't run websites..

Maybe i'm not searching the right thing?

Sonofshoe

13-07-2005 12:29:02

I will look for it.