Kobe who?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17899

oddjob1266

03-07-2005 17:45:05

I'm sorry but any respect I had for Shaq is no officially gone. I just read an article from ESPN from a couple weeks ago and when asked about Kobe Bryant this is what Shaq said

[quoteb81bbaba3f="Shaq"]You know what I am not familiar with that name, I know a lot of names and I have a lot of names in my head, but I am not familiar with that name. Especially if there is nothing to talk about, I'm sorry I can't recall that name.[/quoteb81bbaba3f]

I'm sorry but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And then he say this about Phil Jackson

[quoteb81bbaba3f="Shaq"]'Congratulations Phil.' There is no need to talk, 'cause he's not in, he's not in the neutral waters any more. So I'll just say congratulations and we'll leave it at that.[/quoteb81bbaba3f]

Has Jackson ever been in neutral waters? I mean he was dating the owner's daughter of the Lakers all along. If you ask me Shaq is a big cry baby and the only reason they lost to Detroit in the finals, according to him, is that Kobe and team management taking Kobe's side sabotaged his efforts. Yeah Shaq, I'm really sure Kobe and the rest of the Lakers would turn down all the extra money that comes with winning a championship just to get you out of town. And this year Miami lost to Detroit because they made too many mistakes....Shaq, did you ever think that you made those mistakes against Detroit because they were a by far better team than you had been playing? What an arrogane fli%$ in my opinion. Just say the other team was better and move on, and say Kobe and I didn't see eye to eye it was unfortunate. Shaq thinks he is today's Ali, but the more he talks the more he just looks like a moron and the more I hope he continues to blow it.

good2speed

03-07-2005 17:50:07

Shaq just released this single on a Cutmatser C mixtape

This how I think the lyrics are

A gfew words to Mr non compliant
aka h0m0 thug MR Bryant
f with me again and your dyin
when you talked to feds you shoulda been lying
but u snitched like fifty
Even T Prince says Wade is more lethal and moves more quickly
while your career resembles a Davis and I aint talking bout Ricky
lets see if you could drop sixty
on the Big deez
Nig Please
you could love it or hate
and Im the NBA's MDE
while you a g4y man who watches TRL on MTV
and jerk0ff to think you can just be me
but you not even in the playoffs
in fact from now on you can travel and just take June and May-off
You too dumb to have a real job prolly be the first cat that get laid off
you say charge it to the Game but you dont know how much the game cost
while D wade can take off
from the top of the key
while you airballin poppin a three
you f'd with me so now youll drop to ya knees
god gave me the props to suceed
you shoulda stayed home and copped u some tree
cause with those skills you aint even stopping a Spree
This verse is gangsta like some glocks and some ki's
you play for the fakers while Im blockin for the Heat

He also does that I dont know his name thing with Kenny Smith. Nothing new. I actually find it hilarious as to how serious he looks when he says it.

PumaPride77

03-07-2005 17:52:49

Yeah Shaq's an arrogant dick.

oddjob1266

03-07-2005 17:53:38

omg...I hate him even more....what's the name of that song so I can hear his bad rapping.

Retro

03-07-2005 17:55:47

yeah, that was pretty lame. And I don't even like Kobe Bryant.

tonydanza92

03-07-2005 18:14:47

at least shaq can screw around with girls and please them enough not to accuse him of rape. I bet everything on shaq is proportional to the rest of his body... EVERYTHING

comppimp

03-07-2005 18:21:32

Typical Detroit fan/Shaq haters bashing on Shaq. Blah blah blah.... P

xXHasek99

03-07-2005 21:30:55

i understand Shaq tho, Kobe did bitch about Shaq's sexual encounters to the fed's!

Hasek.

Stroid

03-07-2005 22:20:36

Shaq is a amazing ball player but at the same time so is Kobe

mnx12

03-07-2005 22:37:18

Whats new? Everyone has always known that he's a moron.

bballp6699

03-07-2005 22:40:38

Kobe is a jackass. He deserves worse.

Collateral

03-07-2005 22:46:18

Conan is a jackass.

oddjob1266

04-07-2005 08:59:20

I'm not defending Kobe...I just think Shaq is a loser....Just let it go and get on with basketball...stop acting like such a little kid..... and

[quote0933f61b73="tonydanza92"]at least shaq can screw around with girls and please them enough not to accuse him of rape. I bet everything on shaq is proportional to the rest of his body... EVERYTHING[/quote0933f61b73]

wtf is that???? based on the fact that your username is tonydanza and you are excited about the possiblity that Shaq might have a large member makes me wonder (not that there is anything wrong w/ that)......hmmmmmmm

bballp6699

04-07-2005 09:56:23

[quotead8bc7d752="Collateral"]Conan is a jackass.[/quotead8bc7d752]

shock

comppimp

04-07-2005 16:33:04

[quoteeb8c2666cc="bballp6699"][quoteeb8c2666cc="Collateral"]Conan is a jackass.[/quoteeb8c2666cc]

shock[/quoteeb8c2666cc]

Conan owns everything that can be owned in the planet Earth. !

PumaPride77

04-07-2005 17:19:46

[quote009cc46a8e="comppimp"]Conan owns everything that can be owned in the planet Earth. ![/quote009cc46a8e]

It's true.

Batman

04-07-2005 17:23:31

[quote0417ecf1c4="comppimp"][quote0417ecf1c4="bballp6699"][quote0417ecf1c4="Collateral"]Conan is a jackass.[/quote0417ecf1c4]

shock[/quote0417ecf1c4]

Conan owns everything that can be owned in the planet Earth. ![/quote0417ecf1c4]
Conan is amazing.

Collateral

04-07-2005 17:36:44

I didn't know there was actually things inside of Earth that you could really want to own besides diamonds and what not. ;) Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Conan.

cdmanproductions

05-07-2005 18:46:37

conan is pretty goofy, but he is funny. i just cant belive he's gonna take jay leno's place when jay's done with late night

Godrockdj

05-07-2005 20:13:08

On topic Kobe is from a HS that's about half an hour from me

On the other topic Conan is awesome )

good2speed

05-07-2005 20:22:44

ok. So Kobe went to Lower Merion HS and you live an hour away from there. Ok. Guess that was the news update I needed for today. Now I feel I know everything there is to know

Godrockdj

05-07-2005 20:28:48

[quote4b7f1bcd64="good2speed"]ok. So Kobe went to Lower Merion HS and you live an hour away from there. Ok. Guess that was the news update I needed for today. Now I feel I know everything there is to know[/quote4b7f1bcd64]

Don't you? You should wink

Holy crap. That was just about as on topic as the second half of these posts. Don't be flaming me like I'm some newbie or something, man. Just chill.

good2speed

05-07-2005 20:31:45

[quote10bbd61d47="Godrockdj"][quote10bbd61d47="good2speed"]ok. So Kobe went to Lower Merion HS and you live an hour away from there. Ok. Guess that was the news update I needed for today. Now I feel I know everything there is to know[/quote10bbd61d47]

Don't you? You should wink

Holy crap. That was just about as on topic as the second half of these posts. Don't be flaming me like I'm some newbie or something, man. Just chill.[/quote10bbd61d47]

Lol. I wasnt flaming you. Even though your statement was on topic since you mentioned Kobe you were still way off since this topic really centered around Shaq and how"dumb/arrogant" people think he is. Not to flame but you decided to share a little tidbit in your proximity to Kobe's HS.

oddjob1266

05-07-2005 20:58:58

LOL....when I saw more posts to this thread I figured it'd be more Conan talk, but I get here and now it's about how close we live to Kobe's HS....I live like an hour away from Ali...big deal? Anyway not bashing you Godrockdj, I just see what good2speed is saying, even if he does like to call me oddball

xXHasek99

05-07-2005 21:00:22

[quoteecb35a4c4b="Godrockdj"]On topic Kobe is from a HS that's about half an hour from me[/quoteecb35a4c4b]

are you pregnant with his child?

good2speed

05-07-2005 23:15:43

[quote9a35fdd1df="xXHasek99"][quote9a35fdd1df="Godrockdj"]On topic Kobe is from a HS that's about half an hour from me[/quote9a35fdd1df]

are you pregnant with his child?[/quote9a35fdd1df]

I didnt start this did I. I apologize its gone too far.

Bookerman

06-07-2005 01:23:39

From those 2 quotes mentioned in the 1st post, Shaq basically said nothing. All he did was avoid the question. Granted, I did not read the rest of the article, but from those quotes, there is nothing to complain about unless one is overly sensitive about that subject in general.

lakersin2025

06-07-2005 11:08:34

Yea, Shaq is an ass. I liked when Ostertag asked for his money back for seeing Shazzam during warmups and Shaq punched him. That was some funny shit. How in the hell can Shaq talk all this shit when he can't even hit a free throw. Your job is to put the ball in the basket and he can't even do that. He is just good because he is huge. Let's see, Shaq is 7' the rim is 10', his arms are what 5'. How hard is it to trow it down? I also like how Shaq garanteed a championship to Miami. What a dick.

good2speed

06-07-2005 11:28:54

[quote35e2d2fc94="lakersin2025"]Yea, Shaq is an ass. I liked when Ostertag asked for his money back for seeing Shazzam during warmups and Shaq punched him. That was some funny shit. How in the hell can Shaq talk all this shit when he can't even hit a free throw. Your job is to put the ball in the basket and he can't even do that. He is just good because he is huge. Let's see, Shaq is 7' the rim is 10', his arms are what 5'. How hard is it to trow it down? I also like how Shaq garanteed a championship to Miami. What a dick.[/quote35e2d2fc94]

What a Shaq hater. Come on Laker man give the guy repsect he brought you 3 rings and if you think you couldve done it without him I have a bridge Id like to sell ya.

Read this quote about his freethrows.

"Game 2 of the NBA Finals, the burden of carrying the Lakers to victory over Indiana fell on Shaquille O'Neal. Bringing his many talents to bear, Shaq dominated the game on both ends of the floor.

The Pacers were using the collapsing "Hack-a-Shaq" defense in the hope of reducing the league MVP's production. O'Neal made them pay by quickly passing out of the double teams, creating open shots for Glen Rice and Ron Harper, who each scored 21 points.

Despite failing to make 50 percent of his foul shots, Shaq scored 40 points. He attempted a Finals record 39 free throws and made 18. , He shot 11-of-18 from the field, grabbed 24 rebounds and handed out four assists en route to a 111-104 Lakers win. "

Excerpts from a link provided by hasek

http//espn.go.com/classic/s/add_o'neal_shaquille.html

oddjob1266

06-07-2005 11:57:15

I'm not at all denying that Shaq is by far the best big man in the game today. My point is that he is just a arrogant jackass, and I hope he never wins another championship, because he's not that good.

[quote345ad25899="good2speed"]What a Shaq hater. Come on Laker man give the guy repsect he brought you 3 rings and if you think you couldve done it without him I have a bridge Id like to sell ya.[/quote345ad25899]

Shaq seems to be Kobe hater, and if you think the Lakers could have won those 3 rings without Kobe, then I have an even bigger bridge, made of gold, that I'd like to sell to you.

lakersin2025

06-07-2005 12:41:51

Yea, I used to love Shaq. That was before he demanded a trade because Kobe was going to make more than him. He was demanding and extention and Buss was not really seing his lazy ass putting up huge numbers anymore. He has a history of "getting hurt" in the middle of the season to save energy for the playoffs. remember his stubbed toe problem? Now Miami is going to have a huge crutch when they give him the biggest contract and he hurts his labia in December and Wade is busting his ass. Then we have Wade in the paper saying he can't do it alone and then the drama starts all over again. I don't deny he gave the Lakers 3 rings but he needs to look and his age and numbers and be real about it.

good2speed

06-07-2005 14:11:41

[quote8a58da44d8="oddjob1266"]Shaq seems to be Kobe hater, and if you think the Lakers could have won those 3 rings without Kobe, then I have an even bigger bridge, made of gold, that I'd like to sell to you.[/quote8a58da44d8]

Maybe Shaq needed another player to win a championship with but its a reach to say that Kobe was his best option. I think he can win with any dominant two guard or point guard. You replace Kobe with Carter, TMAc, Wade, Lebron, Pierce, B. Davis, or J Kidd and they still win the title 3 + years in a row, especially with the role players the 2000 lakers had. Shaq is irreplaceable. The only ones who I see as a substitue are KG and Duncan. I dont think either of these players could win a title with KObe. Too much Kobe Bs theyd kill him.

oddjob1266

06-07-2005 14:37:36

I don't think Carter will ever win a ring w/ or w/out Shaq. Lebron is amazing, and better than Kobe so he only takes away from Shaq then, and the same goes for TMac and Kidd in my opinion. You're probably right about Pierce, but I don't think Davis could have got the job done, and all a team really needs are role players......Hello Pistons ) I mean Rasheed is the biggest name, and he doesn't have star numbers, so w/ or w/out Shaq the lakers would have been close those 3 or 4 years anyway with some sort of center to fill in the paint.

good2speed

06-07-2005 14:59:42

[quote3a2b41a1f4="oddjob1266"]I don't think Carter will ever win a ring w/ or w/out Shaq. Lebron is amazing, and better than Kobe so he only takes away from Shaq then, and the same goes for TMac and Kidd in my opinion. You're probably right about Pierce, but I don't think Davis could have got the job done, and all a team really needs are role players......Hello Pistons ) I mean Rasheed is the biggest name, and he doesn't have star numbers, so w/ or w/out Shaq the lakers would have been close those 3 or 4 years anyway with some sort of center to fill in the paint.[/quote3a2b41a1f4]

The psitons are more balanced. The lakers needed Shaq to be dominant during their title run. Rasheed has proven hes no leader but rather just a supporting member of a good team(Por, Det). The only big man it would work with is KG and Bryant and if you watched that nba fights video KG doesnt like Kobe too much so that may hvae been worse than having Shaq as a teammate. I think KG punched some scrub in a summer league bc he was guarding him too closely. cant imagine what hed do if Kobe came and shot 3 consecutive shots down the florr

good2speed

06-07-2005 18:08:55

[quote6a2d5ac5e9="oddjob1266"] If you ask me Shaq is a big cry baby and the only reason they lost to Detroit in the finals, according to him, is that Kobe and team management taking Kobe's side sabotaged his efforts. Yeah Shaq, I'm really sure Kobe and the rest of the Lakers would turn down all the extra money that comes with winning a championship just to get you out of town. And this year Miami lost to Detroit because they made too many mistakes....Shaq, did you ever think that you made those mistakes against Detroit because they were a by far better team than you had been playing? What an arrogane fli%$ in my opinion. Just say the other team was better and move on[/quote6a2d5ac5e9]

Not the only reason the Lakers lost to the pistons but Kobe playing so horribly in the playoffs definetely has something to do with it. I play basketball and I hate playing with ballhogs. If we are up against good players and hes chuckin up airballs on his first touch every position, Id get real pissed and wouldnt want to run down the floor and play defense. Id be like f it, I aint running back if he gonna play like a moron. Maybe I would if this was my first title but this was suppose to be Shaq's 4th. Remember hes been doing this day after day for 6+ ears. That would make me want to switch teams. Shaq knew he still controllled the team and made sure it was a team concept during their first run but he realized with the fame Kobe's ego and demand to take every shot was only growing added with the fact he was getting closer to the owner. Like I've said though its not the only reason they lost to the Pistons as the Pistons played real good last year. Thats not to say that if Kobe didnt try to take shots over T Prince and actually adapted his game to compliment the other 3 future hall of famers the Lakers wouldnt have won. Pistons had a much better 2004 than 2005 and not just because of the title. Wouldve made for an amazing series if Kobe was willing to share the ball.

[quote6a2d5ac5e9="lakersin2025"] Wade is busting his ass. Then we have Wade in the paper saying he can't do it alone and then the drama starts all over again.[/quote6a2d5ac5e9]

Not that Ive met him know him personally, I just don't see Wadee as the player who will complain to the media that he doesnt have enough players. I think hes confident enough that he thinks he'll win whoever his teammates are. Remember he took Miami to the 2nd round in his rookie year and his teammates were Brian Grant and Lamar Odom. The same players Kobe couldnt even make the playoffs with this in his 7th season and ID say prime of his career.

xXHasek99

06-07-2005 23:24:19

[quote5606bef018="good2speed"][quote5606bef018="xXHasek99"][quote5606bef018="Godrockdj"]On topic Kobe is from a HS that's about half an hour from me[/quote5606bef018]

are you pregnant with his child?[/quote5606bef018]

I didnt start this did I. I apologize its gone too far.[/quote5606bef018]

You don't like children? shock

Bookerman

07-07-2005 01:21:02

[quote8e5600c143="lakersin2025"]Yea, I used to love Shaq. That was before he demanded a trade because Kobe was going to make more than him.[/quote8e5600c143]

Actually, that is impossible because Shaq came into the league when salaries were uncapped. Thus, teams can pay him anything they want. Kobe or whomever gets the maximum salary is paid less than Shaq. In fact in Jackson's book, he suspects that this is a possible reason why Kobe is jealous of Shaq.

weez

07-07-2005 01:44:26

I can care less what Shaq's opinion is, Kobe rules.

good2speed

07-07-2005 10:22:24

[quote5c281c38d5="weez"]I can care less what Shaq's opinion is, Kobe rules.[/quote5c281c38d5]

To rule you must be an unstoppable force with repsect or fear from your people. The people dont respect nor fear Kobe and hes far from being unstoppable or omnipotent. Just let T Prince guard Kobe you'll see how much he really rules.... Cough cough I mean sux.

oddjob1266

07-07-2005 17:23:25

[quote4eb9f3f016="good2speed"]The same players Kobe couldnt even make the playoffs with this in his 7th season and ID say prime of his career.[/quote4eb9f3f016]

Kobe is probably at the prime age for his career, but that doesn't mean he is at the top of his game.....