Telemarketers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17574

SkyLineCr

28-06-2005 10:02:48

Sry, i did post this in the help section, but i do not know what to do, plz help, i really need replies.

orig message

Well, I have singed up for 4 sites, using Video Professor, Simple Escape, Ultra Slim, and Arctic Teeth Whitening. I got 5 calls -- 2 hours after finished offers --(within 20 minutes) at 253am+ last night. Also, I just got a call from e-pharmacy, which told me i can cancel...at this number, but he said "Today's Escape"??? I've heard of people being charged over $100 with this too. I did use a prepaid credit card, but what can they do If i don't cancel?

Thankyou.

P.S. - Also, do I get e-mails to cacel the offers when I receive the stuff, because I dont want to be billed for this. I got the "E-pharmacy", whcih I never signed up for phone number and I have the Simple Escape phone number. All I need now is the arctic's mether to cancel and video professor (but I think vid. professor is sets 1 at a time for your order).

wood

28-06-2005 11:41:16

If they have your name and address they can send you a bill once the CC is max'd out.

Much like magazine companies do with the "Bill me Later" option

SkyLineCr

28-06-2005 12:02:48

Thankyou for replying...do you kno what is up with these telemarketers...i got 1 this morning "support the homosexuals for john kerry"? haha, that 1 was the funniest.

Collateral

28-06-2005 12:08:50

[quote19a2c98b03="SkyLineCr"]Thankyou for replying...do you kno what is up with these telemarketers...i got 1 this morning "support the homosexuals for john kerry"? haha, that 1 was the funniest.[/quote19a2c98b03]

No, but you can always add your name to the donotcall list at donotcall.gov. Then you could report them if telemarketers called you and they'd be fined. That "support the homesexuals for john kerry" I;m sure wasn't a telemarketer lol

tracemhunter

28-06-2005 12:24:46

thats what i had to do. i kept on having arabic guys named Dave call me and tell me they were sending me shit and that all i had to do was cancel if i dont like it. but all you have to say is "i do not want to sign up for anything that i will have to cancel. stop trying to convince me. i know you read everything from a script so just tell your boss i dont want anything, thank you, goodbye." i then added myself to the donotcall list and have not gotten a call since.

nicd.01

28-06-2005 12:26:59

Yep. The donotcall list works like a charm. Don't forget to add your cell number.

SkyLineCr

28-06-2005 12:35:58

yea, but I mean its a recorded message...tahts what I hate..havent had one in hours, im gonna go add my name to that list....thanks a bunch...I dont think its telemarketers, maybe a private caller (i hate not hacking caller ID)

---- jus registered for donotcall.gov thanks. thru those signups well...e-pharmacy called me today....and well, is e-phamacy the supplier of ultraslim or sumthing? because its annoying to spend 8 mins repeatn the last 4 digits of ur cred card and he was a little hesitant when i asked for the cancel code...he sed 8....(wiatedd 4 seconds)...77 ....blah blah. Thankyou for the responses so far, this foum is one of my fave's now.

---- also, i wanted to w8 to cancel then, cuz i was trading signups with a friend, and i wanted em to full process....well, i have another ques. once it sais i have completed and offer, can i cancel right then, or w8 a few days?

SkyLineCr

28-06-2005 16:50:11

hey, i just got anotehr call from a telemarketer. is this possibly from these offers? i have myself off all the lists, but im still gettin em

comppimp

28-06-2005 16:52:20

If you have had a recent transaction with the company, they have a right to call you even though you are on the do not call list. They can't do things like give out your info to other companys unless you agreed to it beforehand.

SkyLineCr

28-06-2005 22:02:27

they have the right to call me at anytime they want?