wtf .. 360 account on hold

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=17108

prolific

21-06-2005 10:11:39

Your Status

While you have completed all the requirements to get a FREE XBOX 360, we have reviewed your account and referral offer completions and have placed your account on hold. We have determined that your referrals appear to not be unique users. Because we make money from advertisers who only pay us for unique users, we cannot credit you for these referrals.

You have not received credit for 1 or more of your referrals because they do not appear to be unique user(s).

... so one of my referrals has turned grey ... and i'm back to 7 referrals ... so can i just get 1 more referral and resubmit for approval or is my account on hold indefinitely ?

Stroid

21-06-2005 10:24:40

you need to contact gratis about the hold cause right now you are on hold and will remain on hold until they lift it if they do lift it

prolific

21-06-2005 11:05:48

while my account is on hold can i still get new referrals and get credit for them going green or do they block this ?

good2speed

21-06-2005 11:37:58

I suppose you coul but it mkes no sense to keep getting referrals if they keep you on hol. Might as well just wait till you hear from em. Uusually within 2-3 buisness days. Plus your not getting the 360 anytime soon so Id say wait up and hear from gratis first.

prolific

21-06-2005 15:23:23

"Thanks for writing in about your account's status. We have placed your account on hold due to suspicion of fraud. We have taken a closer look at your account, and have decided that it will remain on HOLD status. Due to high levels of fraud, we are forced to take actions against users who attempt to take advantage of our free offer. The reasons for this action may include multiple accounts, improper offer completions, more than one account to the same household, etc. We take all and all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods users try to obtain their free items."

wow ... what type of crap is this ? no wonder why gratis gets so many complaints to the better business bureau ... what a waste of time getting referrals, all for nothing

how back handed of them to claim fraud yet not provide a shred of proof ... i know i did nothing wrong to the best of my knowledge .. what one of the referrals who went gray, i have no idea what he did to go grey

CoMpFrEaK

21-06-2005 15:27:27

[quote89d86f92b4="prolific"]"Thanks for writing in about your account's status. We have placed your account on hold due to suspicion of fraud. We have taken a closer look at your account, and have decided that it will remain on HOLD status. Due to high levels of fraud, we are forced to take actions against users who attempt to take advantage of our free offer. The reasons for this action may include multiple accounts, improper offer completions, more than one account to the same household, etc. We take all and all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods users try to obtain their free items."

wow ... what type of crap is this ? no wonder why gratis gets so many complaints to the better business bureau ... what a waste of time getting referrals, all for nothing

how back handed of them to claim fraud yet not provide a shred of proof ... i know i did nothing wrong to the best of my knowledge .. what one of the referrals who went gray, i have no idea what he did to go grey[/quote89d86f92b4]

If they were to show every form of proof then their security measures would be worthless.

prolific

21-06-2005 15:31:46

if they put your account on hold compfreak, im sure you would be interested to know why it was placed on hold ...

if i had done something wrong then it wouldn't bother me that they put my account on hold ... but i know i have done nothing wrong, yet they don't take my account off hold even after taking credit away for the 1 referral that went grey

slease

21-06-2005 15:45:13

[quote35f1723402="prolific"]if they put your account on hold compfreak, im sure you would be interested to know why it was placed on hold ...

if i had done something wrong then it wouldn't bother me that they put my account on hold ... but i know i have done nothing wrong, yet they don't take my account off hold even after taking credit away for the 1 referral that went grey[/quote35f1723402]

keep contacting them, it can't hurt. until you get your account off of hold you can do no other gratis sites, so be courteous and polite and ask what you can do to prove that you were doing the website legitimately.