On hold for doing free offer? WTF

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=16809

lakersin2025

16-06-2005 11:57:08

I did a trade for pistonz and he went grey on my freegamingsystems. He said he was put on hold for doing a free offer, shoppers advantage. Does that sound tight? Did the TOS change or something?

bballp6699

16-06-2005 11:58:14

Bullshit...

theysayjump

16-06-2005 11:59:16

wtf?

that doesnt make sense to me.....ive not done a gratis site for a while so maybe they have changed the TOS.

you'd think though that if he wasnt meant to do the free offer, then they wouldnt have put up there for him to do.

maybe he has already done it, or has too many accounts with shoppers advantage and thats why they greyed him. lishrugsli

JUNIOR6886

16-06-2005 12:00:12

i smell bullshit...... roll

bballp6699

16-06-2005 12:01:20

[quote8f94dc07a6="theysayjump"]wtf?

that doesnt make sense to me.....ive not done a gratis site for a while so maybe they have changed the TOS.

you'd think though that if he wasnt meant to do the free offer, then they wouldnt have put up there for him to do.

maybe he has already done it, or has too many accounts with shoppers advantage and thats why they greyed him. lishrugsli[/quote8f94dc07a6]

They won't let you sign up again if you made too many accounts. Shoppers advatage wouldn't that is...

Interesting that this guy is also selling a OC account and was very firm on the fact that me would not pay money back to the buyer if referrals turned red.

theysayjump

16-06-2005 12:03:34

i only said that maybe he had too many accounts cos i had to call DermFX for wrongly charging me, and they said i had 6 accounts!

i didnt even know i made that many.

and that is a bit fishy about him specifying the fact that he wont refund anyone whose greens turn red......hmmm

comppimp

16-06-2005 12:06:10

[quote7dd19744f6="theysayjump"]i only said that maybe he had too many accounts cos i had to call DermFX for wrongly charging me, and they said i had 6 accounts!

and that is a bit fishy about him specifying the fact that he wont refund anyone whose greens turn red......hmmm[/quote7dd19744f6]

What did you say in response to the 6 accounts? Would've killed to hear that convo... P

nicd.01

16-06-2005 12:06:47

I also smell bullshit. Out of all the people here, has anyone (other than theysayjump) had anything like this happen to them?

Retro

16-06-2005 12:08:49

[quoteed6f31e0f8="bballp6699"]Bullshit...[/quoteed6f31e0f8]

total bullshit

jonnyk1221

16-06-2005 12:10:00

shoppers advantage didnt credit for me on freepsps yet and it has been almost a week.. i dont no if its with gratis and freepsps.. i dont no but now i gotta do another offer

bballp6699

16-06-2005 12:11:21

[quote76dbce57f7="jonnyk1221"]shoppers advantage didnt credit for me on freepsps yet and it has been almost a week.. i dont no if its with gratis and freepsps.. i dont no but now i gotta do another offer[/quote76dbce57f7]

Yeah, but you didn't go grey. That's what the concern is over.

theysayjump

16-06-2005 12:12:56

[quotec97db375c2="comppimp"][quotec97db375c2="theysayjump"]i only said that maybe he had too many accounts cos i had to call DermFX for wrongly charging me, and they said i had 6 accounts!

and that is a bit fishy about him specifying the fact that he wont refund anyone whose greens turn red......hmmm[/quotec97db375c2]

What did you say in response to the 6 accounts? Would've killed to hear that convo... P[/quotec97db375c2]

i didnt even know i had 6 accounts, ive not done the offer that many times, but i think it was from forgetting my password so i just made a new account.

she didnt seem to have a problem that i had 6 accounts though. D

bballp6699

16-06-2005 12:22:08

I think my worst conversation was when I used my fiance's credit card and account to do Simple Escapes.

I called, but I forgot I used her CC. So when they asked for name I gave her my name and my address. However, I did this offer like a year ago for freegiftplanet, so all she could find was that account. Then I thought ok maybe I used my girl's CC. When I cancel offers I do with her CC I always say I'm cancelling for my wife so that what I said.

So then she's like ok what's her first name. I told her. She says "same last name right?"

I paused for a second and said, no, different last name.

Then she said "same address right?"

Realizing I'm an asshole, I said, "no different address."

She knew something was up and said, "so your wife doesn't share your last name or live with you, but you're cancelling her account?"

I said yes, ready to hang up and call later without being a dumbass.

She cancelled it though. She also repayed me $15 they charged me since I was 3 days late to cancel it.

theysayjump

16-06-2005 12:24:54

[quotea37cbcddbf="bballp6699"]I think my worst conversation was when I used my fiance's credit card and account to do Simple Escapes.

I called, but I forgot I used her CC. So when they asked for name I gave her my name and my address. However, I did this offer like a year ago for freegiftplanet, so all she could find was that account. Then I thought ok maybe I used my girl's CC. When I cancel offers I do with her CC I always say I'm cancelling for my wife so that what I said.

So then she's like ok what's her first name. I told her. She says "same last name right?"

She knew something was up and said, "so your wife doesn't share your last name or live with you, but you're cancelling her account?"

She cancelled it though. She also repayed me $15 they charged me since I was 3 days late to cancel it.[/quotea37cbcddbf]

lmao....thats good!

lakersin2025

16-06-2005 16:42:59

I guess this is what they told him...

"Thanks for writing in about your account's status. We have placed your account on hold due to suspicion of fraud. We have taken a closer look at your account, and have decided that it will remain on HOLD status. Due to high levels of fraud, we are forced to take actions against users who attempt to do our free offers. We take all and all types of fraud very seriously, and since we give our products away for free, we cannot afford to be lenient on dishonest methods users try to obtain their free items."

Does that make sense?

cartrenroy

16-06-2005 16:59:12

Here is the deal.

I did Shoppers Advantage.

and I referred 3 people. All of the did Shoppers Advantage for me.

My account is in HOLD right now.

jonnyk1221

16-06-2005 18:11:07

[quote17a242f103="bballp6699"]I think my worst conversation was when I used my fiance's credit card and account to do Simple Escapes.

She cancelled it though. She also repayed me $15 they charged me since I was 3 days late to cancel it.[/quote17a242f103]

lol i got into the same kinda shit like that, i was canceling for aol and i was like my bro signed up for this and he left for australia so he told me to cancel it or im gana get charged.. then she was like, so he signed up with your name but it was his? im like yeah he doesnt use the computer much lol.. i felt like hanging up at that time also

theysayjump

16-06-2005 20:58:23

[quote9d83628785="cartrenroy"]Here is the deal.

My account is in HOLD right now.[/quote9d83628785]

well yeah that would do it ?

cartrenroy

16-06-2005 21:02:35

[quote5ea23491b4="theysayjump"][quote5ea23491b4="cartrenroy"]Here is the deal.

My account is in HOLD right now.[/quote5ea23491b4]

well yeah that would do it ?[/quote5ea23491b4]

I don't know what the reason is. This is the message I got.

[quote5ea23491b4]While you have completed all the requirements to get a FREE XBOX 360, we have reviewed your account and referral offer completions and have placed your account on hold. We have determined that your referrals appear to not be unique users. Because we make money from advertisers who only pay us for unique users, we cannot credit you for these referrals.[/quote5ea23491b4]

I don't understand why? if my referrals are not unique, if they signed up before, then why is my accoun placed in HOLD?

lakersin2025

17-06-2005 11:14:27

This is crazy. I don't want them to make offers disapear like Offer Centric bu maybe they can make an offer unavailable after 2 or 3 signups or show how many times an offer has been signed up for so you can tell the people not to do the same one. How are we to know and/or control what offers these people do?

pistonz

03-07-2005 15:49:49

yea, its true. thats what they told me. after lakers told me it went gray i refunded him, so its not like i was makin it up.

Phbs83

03-07-2005 16:06:13

cartenroy - that happens when several of your referrals go gray, and you fall under the required # of referrals.