Te Lite/1800 Patches - a word of warning

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=16363

iwishiknew123

10-06-2005 06:09:51

Just a word of warning on the Te-Lite trial - In order to do this trial and not be billed, you have to immediately send back the non-trial portion of the product within 14 days. When I received mine, it was so late in the 14 days that there was no humanly possible way to get the product back to them without being billed. They just hit my card for almost $70.

THEN...with the Ultraslim patch, I cancelled within the first 5 days of the 14 day trial (immediately after getting credit). I relax, thinking everything with that offer is okay. This week, I get a charge for almost $140, and their terms and conditions says they don't accept returns.

This is going to be ugly.

slease

10-06-2005 06:24:12

[quoteca8c1da223="iwishiknew123"]Just a word of warning on the Te-Lite trial - In order to do this trial and not be billed, you have to immediately send back the non-trial portion of the product within 14 days. When I received mine, it was so late in the 14 days that there was no humanly possible way to get the product back to them without being billed. They just hit my card for almost $70.

THEN...with the Ultraslim patch, I cancelled within the first 5 days of the 14 day trial (immediately after getting credit). I relax, thinking everything with that offer is okay. This week, I get a charge for almost $140, and their terms and conditions says they don't accept returns.

This is going to be ugly.[/quoteca8c1da223]

how long ago did you do the offers? i've never been charged by ultraslim and i think i did it a couple months ago.

iwishiknew123

10-06-2005 06:37:52

A little over 2 weeks ago. I got the Te Lite on a Friday afternoon, and the next day was the day it had to be returned by. I called them to try and explain, and they said they wouldn't charge - but they did.

cartrenroy

10-06-2005 06:45:44

Yeah, I received the package like 2 weeks after my order (I did not even got credit for [b4b735e3c8d]TWO SITES[/b4b735e3c8d] because there is a TeLite and a TeLite+iPod.

bballp6699

10-06-2005 06:58:20

I got the same thing on UltraSlim. I told them that I didn't recieve the product yet and I don't know how I was supposed to send it back when it took so long to get here. They said ok well send it back when it gets there and when we recieve it we'll credit your account. I told them that I'm not paying for their shitty service and waiting two weeks for my money. I got my money back the next day.... )

CoMpFrEaK

10-06-2005 07:03:36

i just keep track of when i need to cancel, and i call with the email order # i received.

Cinnabar2

10-06-2005 07:40:32

You've never dealt with returning a product before? It's not hard...

Send it back with tracking and then call them when it gets there. Voila, refund.

EatChex89

10-06-2005 07:57:49

lol that sucks.. they gave me 14-days and another 14-days to return it D

JUNIOR6886

10-06-2005 07:59:20

They gave me 30 days to return it.....maybe i should check my bills to see if they charged me or not...

FreeOffersNow

10-06-2005 08:52:30

TeLite (AKA Green Tea 300) charged me $64.99 twice in the same day. Turned out that the second charge was a mistake, and they claimed to have already credited it before I called. As for the initial charge, I was told that they never received my cancellation email...let alone the returned sample. Long story short, after a few emails and a phone call I was able to get a refund. From what I've heard, 1800 Patches makes these duplicate charge "mistakes" quite often.

iwishiknew123

10-06-2005 09:26:43

Yes, my mom got the "duplicate charge mistake", and they made her send a photocopy of her statement to get the second one removed. It took another month to get the original charge fixed, even after she had given them the cancellation verification they had sent her. If I hadn't seen the problems before, I wouldn't worry at all about getting the money back. The only other time I've had it happen was with Video Professor and they fixed it before I even noticed they had charged me.

Abaweet69

10-06-2005 10:23:39

[quotef62ac1e7f5]THEN...with the Ultraslim patch, I cancelled within the first 5 days of the 14 day trial (immediately after getting credit). I relax, thinking everything with that offer is okay. This week, I get a charge for almost $140, and their terms and conditions says they don't accept returns. [/quotef62ac1e7f5]
That happened to me ealier this week. I did indeed sent them an email requesting cancellation. I called them up and told them that I was charged, and so they had me forward the email i sent to them originally to their hotmail account. They then told me to send back the order and they paid for the shipping. They'll then refund the money.

They do it on purpose, no doubt about it. They can easily say that their mail servers were having "technical" problems. Well anyways, the lady was nice because she knows i knew what they were doing.

Just be nice and tell them you cancelled it.

Archon810

10-06-2005 10:28:28

haha, virtual credit cards everyone, that's the key!

Peinecone

10-06-2005 12:40:56

Both of my 1800patches accounts they said they never received my cancelation email. The CS manager that i was working with is a total tool. After they got my package back from me, he stopped responding to my emails that were sent to him directly. It is usually easy to get someone on the phone though.

damac

10-06-2005 12:43:09

this has happened to me twice now with them for tealite and the arctic white hmmm

halfbreed

10-06-2005 12:46:23

I received credit with all of mine, except artic white. But what are you guys talking about sending UltraSlim back? You don't have to send that one back..

"You are not obligated to purchase after you receive your free 10-day supply of UltraSlim Patch and you can cancel anytime within the 14-day cancellation period. [b46964c08f6]Even if you decide to cancel, please keep the FREE 10-day supply as our gift to you[/b46964c08f6]."

Peinecone

10-06-2005 12:58:39

[quoteff272f3e80="halfbreed"] But what are you guys talking about sending UltraSlim back? You don't have to send that one back..

"You are not obligated to purchase after you receive your free 10-day supply of UltraSlim Patch and you can cancel anytime within the 14-day cancellation period. [bff272f3e80]Even if you decide to cancel, please keep the FREE 10-day supply as our gift to you[/bff272f3e80]."[/quoteff272f3e80]What most of us are talking about is that they never cancel our service, and then send us a monthly shipment billed for over $100. We have to send that back for a refund.

iwishiknew123

10-06-2005 13:41:40

[quote47beabe504="halfbreed"]I received credit with all of mine, except artic white. But what are you guys talking about sending UltraSlim back? You don't have to send that one back..
[/quote47beabe504]

Te Lite is the one that you have to send back - The problem is that you don't usually get it fast enough to send it back, even if you sent it back the very moment you got it.

hehehhehe

10-06-2005 13:58:25

[quotebb29eedfe2="halfbreed"]I received credit with all of mine, except artic white. But what are you guys talking about sending UltraSlim back? You don't have to send that one back..

"You are not obligated to purchase after you receive your free 10-day supply of UltraSlim Patch and you can cancel anytime within the 14-day cancellation period. [bbb29eedfe2]Even if you decide to cancel, please keep the FREE 10-day supply as our gift to you[/bbb29eedfe2]."[/quotebb29eedfe2]

Yeah, I didn't have to send mine back. Maybe they do now?

I had to send arctic white back, and though they receievd it and let me know they receievd it, they still charged me the $85 lol. Supposed to credit it back tho.

hehehhehe

10-06-2005 14:02:53

[quote27aef583ea="iwishiknew123"][quote27aef583ea="halfbreed"]I received credit with all of mine, except artic white. But what are you guys talking about sending UltraSlim back? You don't have to send that one back..
[/quote27aef583ea]

Te Lite is the one that you have to send back - The problem is that you don't usually get it fast enough to send it back, even if you sent it back the very moment you got it.[/quote27aef583ea]

That almost happened to me with arctic white so I called them even before I received it and told them to cancel autoship and to give me the rma already since I wouldn't have time to try it and didn't want to get charged. They were fine with it but then they charged me anyway like I said lol.

iwishiknew123

24-06-2005 05:40:36

AN UPDATE-

1-800 patches received my package when I sent back their stupid patches - Now they are saying the return was outside of the alloted period (I shipped it back the very day it was received), and they will only offer store credit.

THEN, despite the fact that my return included a letter telling them to CANCEL the service (the FOURTH time I have tried to cancel, at least), they billed the card again and said they were sending another shipment. This is insane, and I have sent them a letter telling them that if they do not refund all charges and cancel the service, fraud reports will be filed with the Better Business Bureau and the credit card company.

Any other suggestions? I have never had this much trouble with a company.

uwmarchitect

24-06-2005 06:06:22

Yes, definitely. Call your credit card company and put all of the charges you have received from them in dispute. They will remove them from your card and basically, they'll send you paperwork to fill out explaining why you think you're being unfairly charged. Then it goes back to the company for a rebuttle and then the credit card company makes a decision who "wins." I had to do this with a shady company, and let's just say, the customer is always right ;)

hehehhehe

24-06-2005 08:40:11

[quotef99da0eca6="iwishiknew123"]AN UPDATE-

1-800 patches received my package when I sent back their stupid patches - Now they are saying the return was outside of the alloted period (I shipped it back the very day it was received), and they will only offer store credit.

THEN, despite the fact that my return included a letter telling them to CANCEL the service (the FOURTH time I have tried to cancel, at least), they billed the card again and said they were sending another shipment. This is insane, and I have sent them a letter telling them that if they do not refund all charges and cancel the service, fraud reports will be filed with the Better Business Bureau and the credit card company.

Any other suggestions? I have never had this much trouble with a company.[/quotef99da0eca6]
Did you call them to cancel and get a confirmation email? I had no problems cancelling Ultraslim by email (when I did, I also asked for a confirmation email). When I cancelled Arctic white by phone, I shipped back the products with delivery confirmation so they could never say that they didn't get it or didn't get it in time or whatever. I also always made sure to get email confirmation. They charged me $85 for arctic white "by mistake" but they credited it back to me.

hedwig_da_owl

24-06-2005 08:53:16

But for one Dermfx - I have never sent anything back. Webcertificates rule -) In fact once I do any of these trial offers - I just relax. Rarely I do the online cancellation - no calling etc...

hehehhehe

24-06-2005 09:23:05

You don't cancel at all? That would be bordering on fraud...

damac

24-06-2005 10:39:43

these guys are taking the same approach with me.

i have seen a package arrive later than it should and told them this but they dont acknowledge getting any emails. so then the wait happens and the phone thing didnt work and then i just got fed up and sent the package back and they claim outside trial period.

now they dont care that i didnt have the time they stated to try out product and just say i can get store credit.

i emailed them again about my issues and dont even expect a reply, they havent been willing to work anything out, so i threatened them with contacting my bank and because of them i have to cancel my card now.