Props to the Spurs...What's going to happen in the NBA now?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=16293

oddjob1266

09-06-2005 11:17:09

So I'm sure after the great 7 game series w/ Miami that everyone is now Spurs fans, but I was just wondering who people thought would win game one tonight. Personally, I think the Spurs will come out sort of ragged from so much time off, but it'll be a game in the 4th quarter yet. Billups is key; if he has a big game pistons steal one in texas

bballp6699

09-06-2005 11:20:37

Spurs are going to tear them apart...

Stroid

09-06-2005 11:21:00

Pistons will win the whole thing thats my opinion

oddjob1266

09-06-2005 11:21:33

Yeah, that's mine as well, but I wasn't going to be too partial to start the post...

bballp6699

09-06-2005 11:26:51

Pistons will not win it two years in a row. Duncan will own the game down low and Ginobili is going off in the playoffs. Bowen will contain Hamilton enough and Billups will not be able to guard Parker. Spurs win it in 6.

Stroid

09-06-2005 11:29:47

i really wouldnt care if the spurs win i do like them but i think pistons will out play them ...we will see

oddjob1266

09-06-2005 11:32:24

Manu hasn't gone off on the pistons b4 though...just the suns who give up 100 points/game

wood

09-06-2005 11:41:52

God help me if Larry Brown and his team of marooons (Bugs Bunny quote) win another championship.

It will be a cold day in Philadelphia if they do...

good2speed

09-06-2005 15:46:04

[quoteadea620af3="bballp6699"]Spurs are going to tear them apart...[/quoteadea620af3]

Well put. No answer for Duncan. Plus SA will show Det how to play defense. Det hasnt shown any dominance in this postseason. Theyre vulnerable. Spurs/Duncan prolly got betting odds for which game Hashish will guarantee as a win for the pissins. Duncan will be the first and last to squash any theory that Haseesh is now the NBA Mrs. Cleo.

oddjob1266

09-06-2005 18:00:07

[quote1c5a566be8="good2speed"]Well put. No answer for Duncan. Plus SA will show Det how to play defense. Det hasnt shown any dominance in this postseason. Theyre vulnerable. Spurs/Duncan prolly got betting odds for which game Hashish will guarantee as a win for the pissins. Duncan will be the first and last to squash any theory that Haseesh is now the NBA Mrs. Cleo.[/quote1c5a566be8]

good, you also said that Miami would win game 7, but we all know how that turned out....just a thought

Collateral

09-06-2005 18:03:08

Pistons... wait I don't watch basketball

lakersin2025

09-06-2005 18:13:27

Bowen is dirty, Duncan is a baby along with Parker, Ginobili is a faker like Vlade. If it wasn't for Horry I wish their plane would crash on the way to the game. (Just kidding. No I'm not. No really I'm just kidding. No I'm not)

I hope Wallace bust out the Super Fro this series.

paraventi210

09-06-2005 18:41:30

Pistons are goin all the way(then again i live by detroit so.......)
THE DEFENDERS

good2speed

09-06-2005 19:51:32

[quotec82c05fbad="oddjob1266"][quotec82c05fbad="good2speed"]Well put. No answer for Duncan. Plus SA will show Det how to play defense. Det hasnt shown any dominance in this postseason. Theyre vulnerable. Spurs/Duncan prolly got betting odds for which game Hashish will guarantee as a win for the pissins. Duncan will be the first and last to squash any theory that Haseesh is now the NBA Mrs. Cleo.[/quotec82c05fbad]

good, you also said that Miami would win game 7, but we all know how that turned out....just a thought[/quotec82c05fbad]

like I said in my last post about Mia is that I was conned and biased in my opinion. With SA I dont even like them but have seem them enough to know they are a super elite team. I think Det has lost something since last finals, when I did like them and predicted them to win the finals once the Lakers were in. I liked the fact that the entire team was bunch of underdogs who got let go by their 1st teams. Felt the underdog thing was the best for them. They wanted to prove to everyone that they were worthy. After this year though there just looking for vindication. 1st L Brown elemenetary coaching perf at the olympics, the brawl, L brown drama throughout the season, R wallace guaranteeing everything, L brown drama in the playoffs. Calling out the refs saying the pacers had an advantage.????? They played with like 2 players. Anyways Im not biased in my pick this time. I really think SA is the more cohesive team and have more to prove this year than DET. Give it up Pistons fans your team did get lucky last year.

bballp6699

09-06-2005 20:37:22

Hmmm....looks like I was right.

SHOCKING!

good2speed

09-06-2005 21:19:37

one thing I do admire about Det is the fact there starters log heavy minutes and havent been injured all season. Simply remrkable. look what the heat, pacers, Wolves, and other teams had to go through with injuries.

good2speed

10-06-2005 11:19:42

Change topic to Game 2. I want to debate that game now. Domination by SA last night just like I predicted. Sad to see all the Pistons fans all quiet now. What happened did Ginnobolli's dunk on yall make you all come back to reality. Or was it when Manu knocked B Wallace , the heart of the team, to the floor like 7 times. Spurs in 5. Come on you started the topic, so lets keep it going.

Armstrong

10-06-2005 11:48:26

GO PISTONS!!! I'm not quieting down!!

I was too drunk at the palace last night though to even understand what was going on with the game. If you want to see some hot ass chicks..go to Palacevision!!

good2speed

10-06-2005 11:52:52

[quoteee6c8678b9="Armstrong"]GO PISTONS!!! I'm not quieting down!!

I was too drunk at the palace last night though to even understand what was going on with the game. If you want to see some hot ass chicks..go to Palacevision!![/quoteee6c8678b9]

Do you guys have like R Artest reenactment nights. Everyone gets drunk at the palace and you pay some homeless dude to play the part of Artest and you splash him with beer and the whole arena starts brawling. This would be great, if so Im moving to DET.

oddjob1266

10-06-2005 11:57:06

lol..that would be pretty funny

oddjob1266

10-06-2005 12:01:22

There topic changed....I guess say what you will about game one...although other than the first quarter the only piston to show up was Billups....Hamilton couldn't get it going...Prince wasn't being aggressive...'Sheed hardly played, and we all know McDyse doesn't have shooting nights like that very often....I think good old fickle Larry Brown will make adjustments to Parker and Manu, and Pistons will steal game 2.

oddjob1266

10-06-2005 12:03:18

Oh yeah...is there anyway to add another poll or change the poll to reflect game 2 thoughts as well???

good2speed

10-06-2005 12:03:37

[quote65e75973a2="oddjob1266"]There topic changed....I guess say what you will about game one...although other than the first quarter the only piston to show up was Billups....Hamilton couldn't get it going...Prince wasn't being aggressive...'Sheed hardly played, and we all know McDyse doesn't have shooting nights like that very often....I think good old fickle Larry Brown will make adjustments to Parker and Manu, and Pistons will steal game 2.[/quote65e75973a2]

Bowen ate up Hamilton. Spurs get a hand up on every shot. Gonna be hard to win games when you dont have wide open shots created by defenses collapsing to the strong side. Not gonna happen with SA, there too fundamentally sound on D.

oddjob1266

10-06-2005 12:12:05

I hate to tell you but Hamilton had a lot of open shots as well that he just missed as did McDyse (Yeah i don't know how to spell his name and don't care enough to look it up) and they just weren't going down. I think it'll be different in game 2....oh yeah and just keep your fingers crossed that Duncan doesn't bust up his ankle again...He's about due....

good2speed

10-06-2005 15:39:46

[quote537a886b6a="oddjob1266"]I hate to tell you but Hamilton had a lot of open shots as well that he just missed as did McDyse (Yeah i don't know how to spell his name and don't care enough to look it up) and they just weren't going down. I think it'll be different in game 2....oh yeah and just keep your fingers crossed that Duncan doesn't bust up his ankle again...He's about due....[/quote537a886b6a]

Duncan with one ankle is much better than Rasheed with half a brain.

oddjob1266

10-06-2005 21:15:31

Rasheed can handle Duncan....Can score over Duncan....Physically pry more talented than Duncan, but yeah he's a few bricks short ofa house most of the time, so what ya gonna do?

good2speed

10-06-2005 21:37:29

[quote0b5fd59751="oddjob1266"]Rasheed can handle Duncan....Can score over Duncan....Physically pry more talented than Duncan, but yeah he's a few bricks short ofa house most of the time, so what ya gonna do?[/quote0b5fd59751]

L brown is in the offseason already. he dont want to coach no more. Hes just waiting for the season to end so he can go sit in a GM's office for the season and just sit back and relax with millions. Its pretty much all on the Piston players themselves and they know it. Theyre good but Spurs are insane. Horry, G. Robinson, B. Barry, Udrih, Mohammed coming off the bench. You realize this is a starting five for some teams.

oddjob1266

11-06-2005 07:20:44

[quotea0a72d79c0="good2speed"]L brown is in the offseason already. he dont want to coach no more. Hes just waiting for the season to end so he can go sit in a GM's office for the season and just sit back and relax with millions. Its pretty much all on the Piston players themselves and they know it.[/quotea0a72d79c0]

That just says how good the Pistons are, and they will make a series out of it...they always do....They never seem to win games until they have to, so why would they change now? They've been playing that way all season..

good2speed

12-06-2005 22:24:04

[quoted1448967ac="oddjob1266"][quoted1448967ac="good2speed"]L brown is in the offseason already. he dont want to coach no more. Hes just waiting for the season to end so he can go sit in a GM's office for the season and just sit back and relax with millions. Its pretty much all on the Piston players themselves and they know it.[/quoted1448967ac]

That just says how good the Pistons are, and they will make a series out of it...they always do....They never seem to win games until they have to, so why would they change now? They've been playing that way all season..[/quoted1448967ac]

Sorry to do this but do we need to change topic to game 3 or is it getting too brutal. Lookin bleak dude. I cant see Detroit coming back, series is over.

oddjob1266

13-06-2005 05:07:47

Yeah your probably right.....they didn't show up again, and played liek shit the entire first half, third quarter, and the last 4 minutes of the 4th.....oh well....at least they made it this far...i'll still change the topic though....

comppimp

13-06-2005 07:18:54

liSmells a sweepli

The country can't take anymore of this boring ass series )

dcrainmaker

13-06-2005 07:58:31

[quote37736b58bc="lakersin2025"]If it wasn't for Horry I wish their plane would crash on the way to the game. (Just kidding. No I'm not. No really I'm just kidding. No I'm not)[/quote37736b58bc]

Gotta love Rob...about to get his sixth ring, tied MJ for most career 3's in the NBA Finals, and about to tie Reggie Miller for most career playoff 3's. And he's the most selfless, classy professional athlete one could imagine.

You guys should find some articles about his personal life (has a daughter with a very rare, extremely debilitating disease)--he stands out from a background of selfish, pampered, hedonistic professional athletes.

I had the pleasure of talking with him for about half an hour when the Lakers randomly had a shootaround at my college a couple of years ago, and he was very impressive. Got to meet the Daddy too--pretty awesome.

dcrainmaker

13-06-2005 08:00:02

[quote466ec80628="oddjob1266"]Rasheed can handle Duncan....Can score over Duncan....Physically pry more talented than Duncan, but yeah he's a few bricks short ofa house most of the time, so what ya gonna do?[/quote466ec80628]

Uhhh...Rasheed couldn't handle Duncan in a million years, and sure as all hell can't score "over" Duncan. Two totally different tiers of players.

oddjob1266

13-06-2005 08:41:35

[quoteed4f838bd7="dcrainmaker"]Uhhh...Rasheed couldn't handle Duncan in a million years, and sure as all hell can't score "over" Duncan. Two totally different tiers of players.[/quoteed4f838bd7]

If everytime down the floor the ball went to sheed he'd get 25 too, and he's a better all around defender....and every game i've seen sheed score over duncan, so don't say he can't.

dcrainmaker

13-06-2005 10:09:09

[quote8425c93460="oddjob1266"][quote8425c93460="dcrainmaker"]Uhhh...Rasheed couldn't handle Duncan in a million years, and sure as all hell can't score "over" Duncan. Two totally different tiers of players.[/quote8425c93460]

If everytime down the floor the ball went to sheed he'd get 25 too, and he's a better all around defender....and every game i've seen sheed score over duncan, so don't say he can't.[/quote8425c93460]

ok. I guess everyone on the planet who knows basketball (players, coaches, analysts) are full of it. Duncan will finish his career as one of the greatest players ever--what about Sheed? You've got to be kidding.

Hell, have you ever stopped to ponder why the Pistons DON'T go to Wallace every time down the floor if he could be as dominant as you claim? That one's pretty tough to rationalize.

EDIT and one more thing...you lose all credibility when you make the statement that Wallace is a "better all-around defender." Umm, Tim Duncan has made the NBA All-Defensive EVERY YEAR he's been in the league. I guess they somehow missed Rasheed. Better yet, maybe it's a conspiracy against him.

comppimp

13-06-2005 10:13:31

Tell 'em dcrainmaker! We don't take 'sheed' from nobody! P

good2speed

13-06-2005 11:20:39

[quote2e3f95a3b4="dcrainmaker"][quote2e3f95a3b4="oddjob1266"]Rasheed can handle Duncan....Can score over Duncan....Physically pry more talented than Duncan, but yeah he's a few bricks short ofa house most of the time, so what ya gonna do?[/quote2e3f95a3b4]

Uhhh...Rasheed couldn't handle Duncan in a million years, and sure as all hell can't score "over" Duncan. Two totally different tiers of players.[/quote2e3f95a3b4]

As much as I agree with your premise that Duncan is much beter than Sheed, I disaggree with your assertion that Sheed cant score over Duncan. I only say this bc it was Duncan himself that said Rasheed' fadeway turnaround jumpre is unguardable. This coming from the two time MVP and former defensive player of the year. Rasheed has very good post moves but only plays when he feels like he has something to prove. In fact the whole Pistons team plays like that. They proved everything last year. They are content with themselves for life for doing what they did last year. Hunger is lost. The Spurs hooever are hungry every night and play like every game is their last.

Lol @ Rasheed being a beter defender. That is so off base. Before he even came to Det he was never known for defense. All of a sudden he plays d for a championship team and all of a suden hes the best. Hands down Duncan is a much better defender. He has way too strong fundamentals and anticipates exactly where his oponent will be shooting from and makes all the necessary reactions to stop the player from getting a good look. Just notice how R Hamilton drives in the lane now. Never a str8 layup anymore. Hes always trying to do this up and unders or these reverse spins bc he knows if he tries easy Duncan will swat it. Just in case if you need proof go check the career blocks, steals, and rebounds per game for both players and then you tell me whos the better defender.

Another lol @ the 11 people who thought Det was going to win.

dcrainmaker

13-06-2005 11:32:30

I suppose I took his comment about Rasheed scoring "over" Duncan to mean that he could take him the block and make a power post move to score on him.

He can certainly fade away and get his shot off against most anybody.

oddjob1266

13-06-2005 11:44:43

although more than likely the spurs will win in 5 or 6, the series isn't over, and if detroit does ever decide to show up for an entire game things will be different.

oddjob1266

14-06-2005 21:00:05

Looks like Duncan didn't play so great tonight...Did Manu even play...oh yeah he had like 6 TOs. I hate to say that could a big swing. Watch out all ur foreign asses (Manu and Parker). Funny thing...Hamilton didn't get shut down either even though he was shooting the same shots as the first 2 games....Maybe Bowen isn't as great a defender as everyone says??? Sorry Bowen...ur a loser on your birthday ) ))))

good2speed

14-06-2005 23:14:13

[quote12fa147b92="oddjob1266"]Looks like Duncan didn't play so great tonight...Did Manu even play...oh yeah he had like 6 TOs. I hate to say that could a big swing. Watch out all ur foreign asses (Manu and Parker). Funny thing...Hamilton didn't get shut down either even though he was shooting the same shots as the first 2 games....Maybe Bowen isn't as great a defender as everyone says??? Sorry Bowen...ur a loser on your birthday ) ))))[/quote12fa147b92]

You got a win at home. Your expected to win that game. Its still going to take a whole lot to win it all. SA has built up a good lead so far and got a little lost in they hype. Det needed this game not only for the series but for their pride. They cant get swept, they know theyre at least better than that. I still dont see SA losing two games at home. Det cant control games in the alamo. Barring any major injury to the Spurs I still see them winning it.

CoMpFrEaK

14-06-2005 23:18:48

fight fight fight!

oddjob1266

15-06-2005 05:12:18

[quote304fcf97af="good2speed"]You got a win at home. Your expected to win that game. Its still going to take a whole lot to win it all. SA has built up a good lead so far and got a little lost in they hype. Det needed this game not only for the series but for their pride. They cant get swept, they know theyre at least better than that. I still dont see SA losing two games at home. Det cant control games in the alamo. Barring any major injury to the Spurs I still see them winning it.[/quote304fcf97af]

So really you're saying that the teams are about equal, with the spurs' only advantage being home court.....They may have just woke the sleeping giant in detroit, b/c they handled the spurs the entire game in every aspect.....I sure like 2-1 better than 3-0.

oddjob1266

15-06-2005 07:55:00

In fact they were in this same positing 2-1 against Miami and we all know how that turned out, so I if the stons take game 4 watch out, b/c they're going to repeat without a doubt....

good2speed

15-06-2005 10:44:13

[quote72cafdeeff="CoMpFrEaK"]fight fight fight![/quote72cafdeeff]

Glad your not mod anymore and can make ranom posts. Welcome back. )

[quote72cafdeeff="oddjob1266"]In fact they were in this same positing 2-1 against Miami and we all know how that turned out, so I if the stons take game 4 watch out, b/c they're going to repeat without a doubt....[/quote72cafdeeff]

Not going to argue. I will only post after the Spurs win game 4.

oddjob1266

15-06-2005 11:01:35

[quotedc66c5101e="good2speed"]Not going to argue. I will only post after the Spurs win game 4.[/quotedc66c5101e]

What!?!?!....You're not going to post ever again??? Who am I going to debate this stuff w/ then? ( Oh well, at least the series will be 2-2 ;)

DEPjrTX

16-06-2005 12:16:59

This is going to be a good series! One of the TV commentators said it all, the finals don't really start until the road team wins.

I have to give the Pistons props. They played hard D and made the turnovers work for them.

That said, one home win does not mean that they can win in seven.

Mark my words Manu will be back on his game tonight and with him back in the game the Spurs have too many weapons for Detroit to keep up. The Spurs will take game 4, maybe loose 5 but wrap it up in 6 at home.

oddjob1266

16-06-2005 17:56:40

[quotec3f03ad0c1="DEPjrTX"]This is going to be a good series! One of the TV commentators said it all, the finals don't really start until the road team wins.

I have to give the Pistons props. They played hard D and made the turnovers work for them.

That said, one home win does not mean that they can win in seven.

Mark my words Manu will be back on his game tonight and with him back in the game the Spurs have too many weapons for Detroit to keep up. The Spurs will take game 4, maybe loose 5 but wrap it up in 6 at home.[/quotec3f03ad0c1]

Manu should go back to Argentina.....We shall see who wins in a couple hours, and by the way, I wasn't ruling out that Detroit could win in 6....What's this 7 stuff? Anyway it's a good series and I'm going to watch the game now.

good2speed

16-06-2005 18:50:47

[quotea695190825="oddjob1266"]Manu should go back to Argentina...[/quotea695190825]

No way Manu is great for the NBA. Unselfish, plays hard every night takes a salary well below his market price to win, takes hits like no other, is crafty, fun to watch play, the only reason I like the Spurs, and has just started.

I say if we send anyone back it's Darko.

oddjob1266

16-06-2005 19:22:23

I'm w/ you on Darko....they shoulda drafted Flash

oddjob1266

16-06-2005 19:27:32

I surely like the first half of this one )

dragonguy83

16-06-2005 20:00:30

ddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiioooooooooooooottttttttttttttttt bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssskkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
and this is from someone in san antonio who hates the spurs. go pistons.

oddjob1266

16-06-2005 20:34:28

[quote1c43c14546="good2speed"]Not going to argue. I will only post after the Spurs win game 4.[/quote1c43c14546]

It's a sad day for me, b/c apparently good2speed is no longer going to contribute to this thread.....Duncan has had another dominant game (lol). I think Hunter scored more points than he did....And maybe I missed it, but did Manu even make the trip to Detroit???? Anyway it's a best of 3 series now....May the best team (The Detroit Pistons) win! D D D D D D lol lol lol lol lol D D D D

Ok b4 someone replies I know Hunter didn't score more than big Tim, but it seemed like he did.

Another correction...With that monster slam Hunter passes Duncan in scoring 17-16....lol..."The most dominant player" outscored by Hunter....That's worth a good laugh.

dragonguy83

16-06-2005 20:49:11

i love it

oddjob1266

16-06-2005 20:52:32

They won by 31....lol...I think a decent high school team coulda played with em for that type of an effort by San Antonio

oddjob1266

17-06-2005 08:39:33

I thought good would still post, but I guess he can't bare to try to account for the spurs either.....oh well I guess this thread is probably dead then.

dug1200

17-06-2005 09:05:41

did you see Duncan almost in tears near the end of the 3rd with his daddy rubbing his leg....

sunday is a must win for detroit cuz i dont think detroit will be able to win 2 in texas...for all the people that said that this will be a sweep and that detroit doesnt have an answer for the spurs...i guess game 3 & 4 was the answer

DEPjrTX

17-06-2005 11:23:50

Okay here I am with egg on my face oops

Detroit played great and the Spurs looked like a college team playing the Harlem Globe Trotters.

I still think that the Spurs are going to win the series but that would mean a totally different team would have to show up for games 5 and 6. They have the talent they just did not show the desire that the Pistons did. Great D Detroit.

I guess that's what I get for running my mouth still a great series!

PumaPride77

18-06-2005 01:05:44

[quote432cf5561a="dug1200"]for all the people that said that this will be a sweep and that detroit doesnt have an answer for the spurs...i guess game 3 & 4 was the answer[/quote432cf5561a]
Yeah after game 2 I was thinking there was either going to be a sweep or it would be 4-1. Now it's tied 2-2, wtf!? I don't really care who wins though.

oddjob1266

18-06-2005 05:44:57

I think the winner of game 5 wins it....Not too likely that Detroit can sweep the last 2 in Texas, but if they win on Sunday, I think they can steal game 6 or 7 in San Antonio....Next game is the biggest game of the series, so hopefully the Pistons have one more stellar performance in 'em.

xXHasek99

19-06-2005 00:42:27

you can't win the title after losin first 2 games, "Since the NBA has introduced the 2-3-2 format for the finals in 1985, eight teams have taken a 2-0 series lead by winning the first two games at home. All eight of those teams have won the title."... so i'm betting on the Spurs to win it all... but then again there were the Yankees... MOTHERF$#@%^S!

Hasek.

oddjob1266

19-06-2005 10:45:49

[quotecb61f498b5="xXHasek99"]you can't win the title after losin first 2 games, "Since the NBA has introduced the 2-3-2 format for the finals in 1985, eight teams have taken a 2-0 series lead by winning the first two games at home. All eight of those teams have won the title."... so i'm betting on the Spurts to win it all... but then again there were the Yankees... MOTHERF$#@%^S!

Hasek.[/quotecb61f498b5]

Well stupid stats like that are around for some team to find an exception to, and I've never heard of the Spurts? I mean I'm not counting on the pistons to win it, but if they win tonight it's looking more and more promising....So we shall see Hasek (who is a loser by the way for hosing the wings).

xXHasek99

19-06-2005 12:11:44

what? who said Spurts? i said Spurs ;) ... aaaanyway... WTF is wrong with you? you don't believe in stats? it's called probability factor my friend, there is a 99.9 percent chance that Spurs will win... wanna bet on it? you green on my site if they win and i green on your site if they lose?

Hasek.

oddjob1266

19-06-2005 13:29:22

oh man you really believe that old stats equal today's probability? I hate to tell ya, but history doesn't have any affect on what's going to happen in the rest of the series. Anyway though, since you are so sure about your probability of the spurs winning you should give me odds in such a bet. How bout if I win you green on 3 of my sites, but if you win then I green on one of your sites. With that 99.9% chance of the spurs winning that should be a safe bet for you even still. Something tells me you won't take that bet though.....

good2speed

19-06-2005 14:08:59

[quotea06dbc03b5="xXHasek99"]what? who said Spurts? i said Spurs ;) ... aaaanyway... WTF is wrong with you? you don't believe in stats? it's called probability factor my friend, there is a 99.9 percent chance that Spurs will win... wanna bet on it? you green on my site if they win and i green on your site if they lose?

Hasek.[/quotea06dbc03b5]

was forced to post this. Dont know why Im suypporting the Pistons but here goes last year the Pistons were the first team in history to win the middle 3 homes games in a 2-3-2 NBA Finals format. They beat Miami at home this year when the odds were against them. For some reason this team only plays good when all odds are against them. As much as Id love to see the Pistons lose, I will not put anything past them.

Note As much as Id hate it I wouldnt be surprised IF SA wins tonight and somehow Det wins 2 games in SA thereby erasing any importance of what they can or cant do in relation to NBA history.

Like you said the Yankees choked a 3-0 series, so anything can and will happen.

oddjob1266

19-06-2005 18:02:35

I new you were still watching the post good2speed!! ) I agree with you...Don't underestimate either of these teams because either one can play unbelieveable on any given night so we shall see who shows up tonight )

xXHasek99

19-06-2005 20:05:07

[quote558b4d9931="oddjob1266"]oh man you really believe that old stats equal today's probability? I hate to tell ya, but history doesn't have any affect on what's going to happen in the rest of the series. Anyway though, since you are so sure about your probability of the spurs winning you should give me odds in such a bet. How bout if I win you green on 3 of my sites, but if you win then I green on one of your sites. With that 99.9% chance of the spurs winning that should be a safe bet for you even still. Something tells me you won't take that bet though.....[/quote558b4d9931]

since you're so sure that old stats don't mean squat why don't you green 3 sites for me and i green 1 for you? eh? still something tells me you won't take that bet though twisted i can play that game too my friend wink

Hasek.

oddjob1266

19-06-2005 21:03:18

dude you're the one saying the odds are all stacked in ur favor...not me...anyway....detroits up 4 in OT and it's been a heck of a game...hope they can pull it out.

xXHasek99

19-06-2005 21:18:33

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i don't wanna curse but... "who's the biyatch now"... LoL no offense D

Hasek.

good2speed

19-06-2005 21:24:07

oddball dont you just want to kiss this man

http//www.mistilynn.com/horry/rh05-87.jpg[" alt=""/imgc086497fa8]

iusa

19-06-2005 21:45:01

DEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBALLLLLLL

ha!

great jobs spurs

oddjob1266

19-06-2005 22:47:05

Yeah looks like Horry just saved san antonio from being the first team to ever lose after going up 2-0 since teh 2-3-2....Oh well...We got to see tonight why Duncan is no MVP as he choked over and over again...If he even hit half of his FT's the Pistons wouldn't have even been in the game...props to horry

xXHasek99

19-06-2005 23:22:09

oh boy... wallace trying to call a timeout webberlike at the end of 4th? i actually thought he did it in time... horry is clumsy, weird player, but definitely can do some amazing 3's! one of the best finishers i've seen from the 3point line.

Hasek.

P.S. right now i'm sorting all my freebie sites picking the 3 oddjob ows me ;D

good2speed

20-06-2005 02:04:13

A tribute for you oddball

http//espn.go.com/media/nba/2005/0619/photo/g_horry_395.jpg[" alt=""/imgab0b10bbd7]

[img="ab0b10bbd7]http//espn.go.com/media/nba/2005/0619/photo/a_horry_268.jpg[" alt=""/imgab0b10bbd7]

What is Rasheed Wallace thinking in this picture?
Edit Probably looking for an excuse in case Horry another 3 I'll just say I went to double Duncan down low, not like anybodys watching this.

[img="ab0b10bbd7]http//espn.go.com/media/nba/2005/0619/photo/a_horry2_268.jpg[" alt=""/imgab0b10bbd7]

[size=22ab0b10bbd7]OH YEAHHHHHH!!!!!![/sizeab0b10bbd7]

good2speed

20-06-2005 02:12:46

and this report about R Wallace is hilarious

The article[=http//sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/dailydime?page=dailydime-050619]The article
[quote37d1aa64b5="Espn.com"]
Wallace's description of the play was even more baffling. "I decided to double Tim Duncan down low, but [Horry] got the ball back and knocked down the shot."

Huh?

Memo to 'Sheed That was Manu Ginobili you doubled, not Duncan. In the corner, not down low. And in doing so, you left open one of the most fearsome clutch shooters in playoff history -- as you ought to remember from your experiences with the Trail Blazers in the 2000 Western Conference finals.
[/quote37d1aa64b5]

good2speed

20-06-2005 10:45:14

someone say something. Horry is a legend

DEPjrTX

20-06-2005 11:16:08

I love how people want to bang on Duncan. Dude he had 26 points and 19 boards, if that's a crappy night I will take it any day. Yeah yeah he sucks from the line lots of awesome players have.

anyway what a great game! I just hope SA beats them in game 6 because no one plays harder in 7 than Detroit.

good2speed

20-06-2005 11:29:17

[quote3856deaec5="DEPjrTX"]I love how people want to bang on Duncan. Dude he had 26 points and 19 boards, if that's a crappy night I will take it any day. Yeah yeah he sucks from the line lots of awesome players have.

anyway what a great game! I just hope SA beats them in game 6 because no one plays harder in 7 than Detroit.[/quote3856deaec5]

I disagree with everything you just said. ARe you blind, deaf, or dumb or just all of the above with a splash of retarded. Duncan smokes crack, Ginnobilli and Parker ar butt buddies, and Horry is really a blind bat who just throws up shots and they luckily go in.

Note. JK.. Had to say all of that to make this thread interesting again. I dont believe in anything I just said, but its good fodder.

oddjob1266

20-06-2005 21:22:47

Yeah Horry killed us Pistons fans....Oh well they at least made a run at the repeat....I'm a glass half full kinda guy so I still hold out some hope...My arogance will be back I promise if they win game 6 (which I'm not counting on). Oh well it turned out to be a good series even if the Spurs win...As long as Shaq didn't win I was happy....Everyone says Kobe can't do it w/out Shaq....but I haven't seen Shaq do it w/out Kobe either lol )

good2speed

20-06-2005 21:49:25

[quotef46a015188="oddjob1266"]As long as Shaq didn't win I was happy....Everyone says Kobe can't do it w/out Shaq....but I haven't seen Shaq do it w/out Kobe either lol )[/quotef46a015188]

Shaq is definetely the more dominating force to a team success. Just look at the record with and w/o Shaq for the Lakers. Next year teaming up with Flash in year 3 will eciting. Det loses this series and they get broken up. L brown gone. Role players sign elsehwere. Detroit has their one ring they can show it off for life. The east will be trhE Heat's next season. Shaq will be healthy come postse4ason time. Van Gundy tried to play Flash & Shaq too much this year during the regular season. He really wanted to set a tone and have his best players play at their best night after night. Next year hell be more comfortable in resting the two stars since he now knows that keeping them healthy in the postseason is much more important than trying to get the best record in the regular season. Coming within two minutes of the finals definetely proves that the Heat team had the ability to win and shouldve done so if they were healthy.

Shaq has to conivince R Horry to sign with Miami. Tell him that he draws more doubles than Duncan and that if he plays in the east hes guaranteed a few big games against Detroit since Rasheed will just wander off of him and leave him wide open in clutch time. Rasheed will still use the excuse that L Brown told him to double Shaq down low. Hello L Brown is in Clevland Rasheed.

D Wade an early early next season pick for MVP. Im sure his stats will go up as Van Gundy will use him more as the primary ball handler and playmaker. He wont win it though even if avearges a triple double for the season since he plays with Shaq.

oddjob1266

20-06-2005 21:50:53

Miami was supposed to win the east this year too....but they didn't....but yeah you're probably right..

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:08:39

[quote2461d94da8="good2speed"]
Shaq has to conivince R Horry to sign with Miami. Tell him that he draws more doubles than Duncan and that if he plays in the east hes guaranteed a few big games against Detroit since Rasheed will just wander off of him and leave him wide open in clutch time. Rasheed will still use the excuse that L Brown told him to double Shaq down low. Hello L Brown is in Clevland Rasheed. [/quote2461d94da8]

Actual Conversation b/w Rasheed andf reporter after Game 5 loss to Heat in next years conference -semiss

Reporter So rasheed why would you leav Horry open again after he just nailed 7 3 pointers in your grill. Wasntit just last year that you cost your team the title by leaving Horry wide open for the most important shot in Detroit history.

Rasheed LB( Larry Brown) told me to play the right way in that situation.

reporter Wht do you mean by that Rasheed

Rasheed I dont want to go into too much detail, but coach Brown told me in the huddle that I need to pay closer attention to Shaq and if he got the ball to double down low. So thats what I did

Reporter How did Larry Brown tell you all this Rasheed hes coaching the Cavaliersa in the other Conferencee Semis

Rasheed Man when will yall quit talking all this BS. Everytime we have to hear the same questions. Where is Coach Brown going? How does thsi effect you as a team?

Reporter Uh Rasheed, L brown left you guys after your loss last year and signed with the Cavs as a GM. Don Nelson is your coach now

Rasheed Man thats just racist. Im not even replying to that.

Reporter (with a stunned and confused look) Uhhh Ok. But you didnt even double Shaq down low. You chose to double D Wade who we all know cant shoot 3's and he had T Prince draped a ll over him.

Rasheed Your still coming at me with this bs. Man Fuck all y'all. I said I doubled on Shaq and L Brown told me to do it. Im sticking to my story bithces. Not like any of you guys have videotape to prove me wrong or anything.

Reporter Ummm yeah

Rasheed Well anyways, Im guaranteeing we win game 6. You can write it down right now. I dont give a fuck.

Reporter Ummm Rasheed. Miami just won the series your season is over.

Rasheed More of that bs from you fuckin media. Cant yall just leave me alone. All I have to say is Pistons win game 6.

Reporter Well there you have it folks. Well see you all next week when the Cavs and Heat meet in the Conf Finals.

Rasheed WTF? Nigga Didnt I jsut tell you we'd win game 6.

Reporter I quit. Damn this bs. Get Stuart Scott to interview t5his idot. I cant take this anymore.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 22:11:48

shaq was played too much? try Kobe, he's been playing like a dog and w/out a good big man inside it just isn't the same, plus the triangle offence...
i doubt Horry's going anywhere... i think he likes spurs... and i doubt Wade's stats will go up, if you're saying "Van Gundy tried to play Flash & Shaq too much this year during the regular season" then how the fk is he gonna get his status up? last time i checked if you don't play, especially w/out Shaq, then your stats most likely go down.
... also, STOP talking about the next season, i know i've conviced you that Spurs will win D but they didn't YET so stop your chatter about dismantling Pistons and all that... too soon.

Hasek.

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:21:59

[quote1ba37aedd2="xXHasek99"] i know i've conviced you that Spurs will win D but they didn't YET so stop your chatter about dismantling Pistons and all that... too soon.

Hasek.[/quote1ba37aedd2]

Yes Hasek You are the one who convinced me the Spurs would win.

[quote1ba37aedd2="good2speed"]
Well put. No answer for Duncan. Plus SA will show Det how to play defense. Det hasnt shown any dominance in this postseason. Theyre vulnerable. Spurs/Duncan prolly got betting odds for which game Hashish will guarantee as a win for the pissins. Duncan will be the first and last to squash any theory that Haseesh is now the NBA Mrs. Cleo.[/quote1ba37aedd2]

That post on page 1 on June 9th just 3 days before you even joined this site had nothing to do with my opinion on the outcome of the series

[quote1ba37aedd2="good2speed"]
L brown is in the offseason already. he dont want to coach no more. Hes just waiting for the season to end so he can go sit in a GM's office for the season and just sit back and relax with millions. Its pretty much all on the Piston players themselves and they know it. Theyre good but Spurs are insane. Horry, G. Robinson, B. Barry, Udrih, Mohammed coming off the bench. You realize this is a starting five for some teams.[/quote1ba37aedd2]

Oh and that post on the 10th were I predict the Pistons break up 2 days before you even join this site. Your ESp is just amazing Hasek. I made all these predictions prior to the series starting so last nights game, Horry's clutch play, and your recent statements have had 0 influence in my opinions.

Ty Hasek youve shown me the light.

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:30:35

[quote1364386b0e="xXHasek99"]shaq was played too much? try Kobe, he's been playing like a dog and w/out a good big man inside it just isn't the same[/quote1364386b0e]

First off Kobe is a dog.

Second who's fault is it that there wasnt a beastly man in the middle playing for the Lakers. He wanted it that way so let him get what he always wanted.

Hasen't he seen the struggles of Tmac, Iverson, Carter, B Davis go through without a big man. Plus what your saying is that Kobe needed a big man(ie Shaq) too be effective and at his best. Too bad hes too stoopid to realize whats best for him. Also he never listened to the brightest mind in the game. Felt he could do it all. Well he had his chance and look what happened. I dont want to hear no Kobe crying. He made his bed so let him sleep in it,.

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:38:01

[quote1531a34db4="xXHasek99"] "Van Gundy tried to play Flash & Shaq too much this year during the regular season" then how the fk is he gonna get his status up? last time i checked if you don't play, especially w/out Shaq, then your stats most likely go down.
Hasek.[/quote1531a34db4]

Easy play Wade for 40 + min a nigfht for the first 2/3 of the season. Let Shaq average close to 32 a night. Once theyve built a big enough lead in the conference they go on cruise control. Wade plays a 1/3 of the last 1/3 of the games left Shaq plays 2 of em. Thus maxing em out and letting them rest right before the postseason. Let Wade go crazy at the start of the season since you know hes waiting for the first game to start already.

As to why his stats would go up. Its called progression. Every year a player is suppose to get better and add something new to his game. This usually continues until a player reaches a plkatauea and levels off at those averages for a few years and then goes into decline. Just look up Kobes stats from year to year. Wade is still in his infancy and can improve his jumpshot dramatically. If he gets a better jumper that means 3-4 more poijnts a game. Plus at this point Shaq would rather see Flash shine and isnt concerened with his own stats he just wants rings.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 22:40:40

shock

i'm not saying Kobe can't play w/out a big man, he's just not used to it... all the pressure... it's alot easier to be a fat dude pushing pple under the basket and then dunking on them than do what Kobe does.
... o and about NJ loss, 4 games, 3 of em Kidd choked, the other 1 Carter choked... it has nothing to do with the big man inside... after all Shaq was playing really hurt.

Hasek.

P.S. stop looking at the date i joined... and please don't talk about my TR's saying that you've got more therefore you're better lol

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:44:41

[quote202570ad24="xXHasek99"]shock

i'm not saying Kobe can't play w/out a big man, he's just not used to it... all the pressure... it's alot easier to be a fat dude pushing pple under the basket and then dunking on them than do what Kobe does.
[/quote202570ad24]

Once again isnt this what Kobe wanted. Not ready for it. When will he be then. Kobes only hope is Phil Jackson but that guarantees nothing since Kobe is selfish and will not even listen to the zen master. If Kobe ever decides to let L Odom get some touches and make the game easier for him than he stands a chance. Until then his arrognce will be his downfall. Given too much too early. Never really knew how hard it was to win by yourself. Im sure Jordan, Magic, and Bird all laugh at him.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 22:45:31

Shaq was teaching Wade to play, that's why he wasn't concerned with his own stats, NOW, now that wade's all "grown up" Shaq will play more and Wade might even go under his current stats. Progression is good, winning is better, if you let Wade play all day the TEAM won't benefit... there's no I in Wade ;)

Hasek.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 22:46:43

stop saying it was Kobe's fault... it was a number of things... including a LOSS (if you forgot) in the finals to Pistons.
he's been playing with Shaq under diff system, now you want him to adjust to new EVERYTHING? L Odom sux.

Hasek.

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:49:43

[quote0d2d1cc47d="xXHasek99"]Shaq was teaching Wade to play, that's why he wasn't concerned with his own stats, NOW, now that wade's all "grown up" Shaq will play more and Wade might even go under his current stats. Progression is good, winning is better, if you let Wade play all day the TEAM won't benefit... there's no I in Wade ;)[/quote0d2d1cc47d]

Shaqs getting paid 120 mil for the next 3 seasons. You think hes working his stats for his next contract when hes already 33. No He just wants rings and could care less with stats as long as he makes the All star Game, All NBA, and the Heat are either 1 or 2 coming out of the East. Thats it.

Now your just getting silly with whole no I in Wade thing. Well you got me on that one I dont have a logical comeback to that one. Guess you win on that count.

good2speed

20-06-2005 22:51:49

Odom does not suck. granted hes no Sha. But he put up avearges of 18 12 and 5 while playing a big role for the Heat. these are gaudy numbers for a tweener. Plus he has ball handling ability and canplay point forward. He can be an asset if yuou know how to use him. Too bad Kobes too dumb to figure it out.

Kobe couldve kept Shaq in LA but never lobbied for him. Sayingnothing and doing nothing in this situation was the equivalent of getting rid of Shaq. Im sure while J Buss was giving Kobe head, Bryant couldve convinced him t bring back the MDE.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 23:04:43

it was Shaq who wanted Kobe out... obvious evidence contained in this picture...

http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Classic%20Photos/shaq_fox.jpg[" alt=""/imgbb021d3917]

good2speed

20-06-2005 23:16:22

[quotec93f5eb41e="xXHasek99"]it was Shaq who wanted Kobe out... obvious evidence contained in this picture...

http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Classic%20Photos/shaq_fox.jpg[" alt=""/imgc93f5eb41e][/quotec93f5eb41e]

Good one. I got a laugh out of that one. Where the hell did you find that pic and how long did it take you to find it?

He may have loved Rick but the dream will always be his first

[img="c93f5eb41e]http//www.nba.com/media/040715_shaq_hakeem.jpg[" alt=""/imgc93f5eb41e]

Lets not forget his affection for Kobe

[img="c93f5eb41e]http//www.nba.com/media/040715_shaq_piggyback.jpg[" alt=""/imgc93f5eb41e]

They should just kiss and makeup they were such a cute couple.

xXHasek99

20-06-2005 23:30:57

you're not talking makeup sex now are you ? lol
i googled up "Shaq" and found it in "Images" section on 4th page i think...

striking similarity
http//www.czabe.com/backup/2003/Volume%205/cassell_cousin.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

remember that song "chick looks like a biiiig-guy"
[img="2cbdf81125]http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Classic%20Photos/mauresmo.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

nike-sellout, white-women-lovin kinda guy...
[img="2cbdf81125]http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/tigersmile.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

free breast-exams? you decide...
[img="2cbdf81125]http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/hamm_handed.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

it's crunch-time...
[img="2cbdf81125]http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/knee_ouch.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

and finally.. THE ACTOR...
[img="2cbdf81125]http//www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/georghe_bg.jpg[" alt=""/img2cbdf81125]

Hasek.

P.S. all cap's done by yours truly lol

good2speed

20-06-2005 23:58:28

[quoteb636c9c794="xXHasek99"]o and about NJ loss, 4 games, 3 of em Kidd choked, the other 1 Carter choked... it has nothing to do with the big man inside... after all Shaq was playing really hurt.[/quoteb636c9c794]

Just to dissect a little further. Did you ever ask yourself why these players choked. It may have been due to their reluctance to drive into the lane and find a behemoth of a Shaq waiting to knock them down. Thus they settled for long jumpers or other awkward shots. So the big man philosophy doesnt always extend to just offense, as its obvious Shaq had a greater impact on defense against these 2 dynamic superstars. And these are two hig flying players who are pretty much guarantees for All star starters and ESPN higlights. So your only reenforcing how much of a benifit it is to have a big man such Shaq without actually even knowing it. o

Your pics are hilarious. Good work.

xXHasek99

21-06-2005 00:25:32

naw man... i was watching those games and it almost looked like the shots that should've gone in didn't and the other way around. look at Nash, great efin player, his team was losing but he kept making all his shots... Carter and Kidd CHOKED!

Hasek.

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 06:42:15

All I know is Shaq was to the finals w/ Orlando and didn't even compete...He gets there w/ Kobe and wins almost right away.... Then Detroit gets good and just out plays them so they act all mad at each other and Shaq gets traded b/c he's an over weighted...i mean rated glory hog. Shaq will never be a key part to a title again... If Miami wins it's due to Wade b/c he is an unbelievable player... Without someone to do it for him Shaq is nothing, so when Wade got hurt against the Pistons we all knew that Shaq wasn't going to come up big for em.

good2speed

21-06-2005 10:41:04

[quotee6ed9a64b0="oddjob1266"]All I know is Shaq was to the finals w/ Orlando and didn't even compete...He gets there w/ Kobe and wins almost right away.... Then Detroit gets good and just out plays them so they act all mad at each other and Shaq gets traded b/c he's an over weighted...i mean rated glory hog. Shaq will never be a key part to a title again... If Miami wins it's due to Wade b/c he is an unbelievable player... Without someone to do it for him Shaq is nothing, so when Wade got hurt against the Pistons we all knew that Shaq wasn't going to come up big for em.[/quotee6ed9a64b0]

SHaq is the MDE. He was injured in the postseason dont forget that. Remember the team he had In ORL. Who was his coach again. Think it was some idiot named Brian Hill or something. Think he coached Vancouver Grizzlies for a few seasons after coaching Shaq and got fired almost immediatly. Also I remember Nick Anderson going like 0-45 at the fre throw line in that finals series. It wasnt all Shaq's fault that his role players didnt step up like they did when he played for LA. Shaq's numbers against the Dream were pretty good in that finals but he couldnt match up defensively. dream had his way in the post b/c he had too many moves for Shaq. Shaq had to learn to play better defense against an opposing center. Also I give more credit to Phil Jackson and Shaq's supporting cast ( Ron Harper, Derek Harper, Robert Horry) as to the reason he was able to win a championship than I o to Kobe. My reasoning is this. If you take the 2000 Lakers and take away Kobe and replace him with Carter, TMac, AI, or even Paul Pierce they still win the title. If you took Shaq away from that team and there worse than the 2005 Lakers.

Note I never liked Shaq to much throughout his carer. never liked him in Orl, hate the Lakers so I disliked him even more when he arrived. The last few years with the Lakers though I did see him as being very funny and did have a lot of respect for the moves he displayed in the 2000 season. He is very agile for a man that size and has extradoinary footwork which I respeced a lot even though I didnt like him. Just like you I use to believe he used to just Dunk and bully but I watched and learned theres more to his game than that. Love to see Yao Ming try some of the drop steps he does. Well anyways Ive always hated Kobe and have loved Wade since day 1. Once I heard Shaq was teaming up with Wade, my mind and feelings about Shaq changed forever. Hes true to himself. He left Mr. Selfish and arrogant to go play with a young star whos void of all the qualitites that both Shaq and I hate about Kobe.

good2speed

21-06-2005 20:41:57

Looks like well have a game 7. Oddball update the topic.

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 21:01:48

hey dick get the name right...you don't have to be hater just because duncan and friends don't know how to close out a team.....

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 21:17:58

In fact all you spurs fans should be grateful to even be in the series...if it wasn't for Sheed's mental disabilities the series would be over w/ a repeat....

smiller12

21-06-2005 21:35:01

the spurs have the most talent, just not nearly as good a coach.

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 21:37:51

http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/g_rwallace_372.jpg[" alt=""/imgd8bd227c5c] [img="d8bd227c5c]http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/a_rwallace_412.jpg[" alt=""/imgd8bd227c5c]
Who's number 1...Surely isn't Tim Duncan.....only 21 points for supposivedly being one of the best players in the game isn't very good in a possible championship game....we won't even mention that he missed 5 more free throws...I mean the Spurs were what...down 5 when they had to foul to stop the clock...hahaha...If the Spurs win, it's not b/c Duncan is a true champion, rather Horry, Manu, and Parker are and he's riding on their backs.

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 21:51:36

[quote2175a5e78e="smiller12"]the spurs have the most talent, just not nearly as good a coach.[/quote2175a5e78e]

I'll agree that they have the best talent no doubt, but I don't think it's the coach either. I just think that the last time the Spurs won the title it wasn't even a competition for their talent once they made it to the finals. Duncan has shown in the last 4 games that he's not up to the challenge so it has to be somebody else, and tonight it was 'Sheed! Either way, if the Pistons don't win they made it a series, and if they do well I would feel quite ashamed if I had anything to do w/ the spurs.

good2speed

21-06-2005 22:13:28

[quoteb65131b752="oddjob1266"]hey dick get the name right...you don't have to be hater just because duncan and friends don't know how to close out a team.....[/quoteb65131b752]

Lol. Sorry about that I had no idea about your name. thought I was saying it right. It was completely unintentional but Its hilarious as hell now that I know.

[quoteb65131b752="oddjob1266"]If the Spurs win, it's not b/c Duncan is a true champion, rather Horry, Manu, and Parker are and he's riding on their backs.[/quoteb65131b752]

Never quite said it was. Duncan is a great player but far from a Jordan who can take games over at will. Everyone knows this series is made up of two very good teams rather than a team with 2 superstar players. But yeah I'll agree that Duncan's legacy as a champion will be effected if he doesnt show up and dominate in game 7 in combination with the Olympic debacle..

oddjob1266

21-06-2005 22:15:33

alright I suppose I can forgive you about the name then, but I just thought you were trying to be a cock...It's turned into quite a series...I can't wait until thursday night now....anyway I gotta work in 5 hours so I'm going to bed...post something for me to read at work tomorrow.

dug1200

22-06-2005 06:11:09

[quote17f5539545="oddjob1266"]In fact all you spurs fans should be grateful to even be in the series...if it wasn't for Sheed's mental disabilities the series would be over w/ a repeat....[/quote17f5539545]

i really wouldn't put the mental mistake on Sheed...i would say that is was more Duncan's fault for game 6's close escape....if he had hit his free throws in the fourth alone...the game would not have made it to overtime...

last nights game was the first time in the series that ive seen the calls going both ways on tight calls...i mean it took til game 6 for them to call Parker for charging....and i swear that Ginobli takes like 5 steps when he drives the lane....he better get his shit together...that driving the lane...stumbling and luckily having someone there to pick up the ball will not get things done on thursday

i cant wait til thursday...i think that the spurs were dumbfounded that they lost at home

oddjob1266

22-06-2005 08:52:45

[quote66fb8ec385="dug1200"]i cant wait til thursday...i think that the spurs were dumbfounded that they lost at home[/quote66fb8ec385]

Yeah...I can't believe that the victory parade was already scheduled from thursday...

dug1200

22-06-2005 09:58:09

[quote098ec904e9="oddjob1266"][quote098ec904e9="dug1200"]i cant wait til thursday...i think that the spurs were dumbfounded that they lost at home[/quote098ec904e9]

Yeah...I can't believe that the victory parade was already scheduled from thursday...[/quote098ec904e9]

are you serious....what cocky bastards....those arrogant fucks

pistonz

22-06-2005 10:12:57

DEEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. goin to game 7 baby, we are repeatin!!!!!

lakersin2025

22-06-2005 10:25:09

I love Horry and if the Spurs win I hope it as all Horry but I reeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy hope Detroit puts the smack down on baby Duncan and his baby side kick Parker and Ginobli's flopping ass. I just hope it's not a blow out either way. Let the Spurs suffer and then have Rasheed sink a couple 3's to put the lights out.

oddjob1266

22-06-2005 12:50:06

[quoteb0dbbab867="lakersin2025"]I love Horry and if the Spurs win I hope it as all Horry but I reeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy hope Detroit puts the smack down on baby Duncan and his baby side kick Parker and Ginobli's flopping ass. I just hope it's not a blow out either way. Let the Spurs suffer and then have Rasheed sink a couple 3's to put the lights out.[/quoteb0dbbab867]

That woud be a sweet scenario, but personally I'd rather see the Pistons blow em out and watch Duncan sit on the bench crying again. I think that was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Here are some pics that I think tell the story of game 6

Tashaun Throwing Down while petting Duncan on the head.

http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/a_duncan_395.jpg[" alt=""/imgb0dbbab867]

Ginobli crying

[img="b0dbbab867]http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/a_ginobili_268.jpg[" alt=""/imgb0dbbab867]

Duncan missing another

[img="b0dbbab867]http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/g_duncan_195.jpg[" alt=""/imgb0dbbab867]

and finally my personal favorite

[img="b0dbbab867]http//www.charterinternet.com/davonmfg/Jared/050622_quickie.jpg[" alt=""/imgb0dbbab867]

oddjob1266

23-06-2005 07:14:04

Tonight's the Night!!! Chauncey buh buh buh buh buh BILLUPS[/sized453813b48]!

smiller12

23-06-2005 16:49:55

prediction Spurs- 95 Pistons- 89

oddjob1266

23-06-2005 17:30:00

[quotec5b01231c7="smiller12"]prediction Spurs- 95 Pistons- 89[/quotec5b01231c7]

That's only possible if Duncan shoots over 60% from the line, and I wouldn't count on that the way he's been choking thus far.

My line is

Detriot 102
San Antonio 81

DEPjrTX

23-06-2005 18:03:27

Here we go!

I have no idea what is going to happen, but I do know it's going to be a good game!

GO SPURS!!!!

DEPjrTX

23-06-2005 20:55:05

In your face!

Detroit can you say Buh Buh Buh Bye!!!!

uwmarchitect

23-06-2005 21:01:24

SPURRRRS!!

hehehhehe

23-06-2005 21:03:14

[quoteb07343dd2f="oddjob1266"][quoteb07343dd2f="smiller12"]prediction Spurs- 95 Pistons- 89[/quoteb07343dd2f]

That's only possible if Duncan shoots over 60% from the line, and I wouldn't count on that the way he's been choking thus far.

My line is

Detriot 102
San Antonio 81[/quoteb07343dd2f]

Hey, you got the Spurs score right! twisted

Just joking with ya, I didn't care who won.

oddjob1266

23-06-2005 21:14:32

Yeah it was a good game, and I know we Pistons fan always claim this, but I honestly thing Jeff VanGundy was right when he called out the officials as controlling the game. Somehow Rasheed had 3 quick touch fouls and Duncan only gets 2 or 3 fouls the whole game...Come on...everytime Detroit would make a run the officials would bring it back. Billups didn't show up either and that really is pry the dagger in detroit, but I honestly think the Spurs had a 6th man tonight wearing stripes.

DEPjrTX

23-06-2005 21:26:42

[quotee0a0e95a7c="oddjob1266"]Yeah it was a good game, and I know we Pistons fan always claim this, but I honestly thing Jeff VanGundy was right when he called out the officials as controlling the game. Somehow Rasheed had 3 quick touch fouls and Duncan only gets 2 or 3 fouls the whole game...Come on...everytime Detroit would make a run the officials would bring it back. Billups didn't show up either and that really is pry the dagger in detroit, but I honestly think the Spurs had a 6th man tonight wearing stripes.[/quotee0a0e95a7c]

it's always some excuse with the looser.

Larry Brown said it all "the better team won"

good2speed

23-06-2005 21:37:20

Not too much to say literally. I just had wisdom teeth pulled out. But I told you the Spurs would win. Lol I really woke up this morning thinking Det had the Spurs on the rope.

oddjob1266

23-06-2005 21:38:18

[quote2c67c05a53]Larry Brown said it all "the better team won"[/quote2c67c05a53]

Can you blame him....I wouldn't want a $100,000 fine like Van Gundy either for calling out the refs.....

good2speed

23-06-2005 23:07:06

[quotedbff8644fb="oddjob1266"][quotedbff8644fb]Larry Brown said it all "the better team won"[/quotedbff8644fb]

Can you blame him....I wouldn't want a $100,000 fine like Van Gundy either for calling out the refs.....[/quotedbff8644fb]

Det should get a lot more fouls on them. They play highly aggressive and ar constantly bumping, holding and grinding. They gave a valiant effort. WTH happened in the fourth though. I thought they were clutch in the 4th qtr of a do or die. Looked like they didntr care with 5 minutes left. Duncan did prove how valuable he was in the 4th qtr though. He can pick double teams apart and knows exactly who's due for a hot. Well its fair to say now since they are the champions now that the Spurs suck and I dont see anyway how they repeat.

Also I am officiqally a Spurs hater again even thoguh i still like Manu and Rob. Gonna have a much harder time next year to close out. Sea and Det both proved that if you play aggressive D on them then they dissapppear. Got to make sure to take away the hoime court from them. I wouldve put my life on the line that they wouldve lost if Game 7 was in Detroit.

Miami still needs a lot more help however to beat SA. Anyone hear the Knicks trading Kurt Thomas to the Suns for Q. Richardson. Not sure how this helps Phoenix but I l do like the KnicksIf this trade happens I hate to say it but the only team that can threaten SA in the WESt is gonna be Denver unless theres other free agent aquisitions this summer. Gonna be a fun summer to see where Ray Allen and prettyu much the entire Sea team winds up. And now that P jacksion is in LA I can almost guarantee a trade coming up. LA weill say goodbyte to ODom or Butler.
\
Cant wait for Game 1 to start next season.

xXHasek99

24-06-2005 00:57:27

well well, the STATS speak the truth once again twisted you can call me Sheed coz i guaranteed a Spurs win, LoL j/k wink
what can i say, Det choked this time, didn't shoot that well, in 3 wins they shot 47%, in this loss, something like 40%... Duncan MVP... who else? i'd consider Ginobili/Billups, but Billups lost and Ginobili had alot less rebounds than Duncan so i guess Duncan was the right choice.
Shaq was interviewed during the series and he said it was boring, and it kinda makes sense w/top 2 defensive teams, anyone agree? i personally liked it, maybe nothing Lebron-ish but still a solid series.

about Kurt Thomas being traded... i'm not sure if he can RUN all that much, he looks clumsy. as for Richardson, does NY really need another shooter?

Hasek.

P.S. i hate Bruce Bowen!

good2speed

24-06-2005 01:04:27

[quoted73ddf895c="xXHasek99"]

about Kurt Thomas being traded... i'm not sure if he can RUN all that much, he looks clumsy. as for Richardson, does NY really need another shooter?

Hasek.

P.S. i hate Bruce Bowen![/quoted73ddf895c]

Figure Knicks need some talent. They're due for a big trade and if they can acquire Richardson, then they can trade either Marbury, Richardson, and Crwaford. Not sure what theyll do . But getting players with value who can still be traded later will sure as help. Not expecting Q to be the Knicks savior. Just hoping if they do get him then they can make some roster changes and be a lot better.

Knicks need to get rid of Marbury.

PS. Proves how old I am getting. I remember buying the first pair of And1's ever. I was just finishing HS around that time and Stephon was the first person signing with ANd1. I use to love Steph but his game has turned to garbage.

good2speed

24-06-2005 01:18:43

[quote186d3ee0d3="xXHasek99"]
Shaq was interviewed during the series and he said it was boring, and it kinda makes sense w/top 2 defensive teams, anyone agree? i personally liked it, maybe nothing Lebron-ish but still a solid series.
[/quote186d3ee0d3]

I do agree with you that the series was competitive and was exciting towards the end of games.

This doesnt help the NBA though because only die hard s will find these kind of games interesting and thus theyll lose ratings.

BTW I do consider myself a diehard and found my self often just dazing out of the game and waiting for 4 min left in the 4th qtr to see whats reallly going on. Duncan's game is effective but so damn boring. Really doesnt know how he does it. I figure he just has great hands around the basket and is able to get good shots and get those damn hands on like 19 rebounds a agame.

I can almost guarantee that popular superstars will be back in the Finals next year. They already agreed to a new CBA deal. I belive this was accomplished partly due to the Finals having such low ratings. Figured if tyhey lockout then it could be devistating especially with no one even watching the Finals. If you read ESPN.com , check out Bill Simmons articles on PAge 2. This guy is very funny and has even developed his own thoery as to which referres will be on for a particular game. Surprises me how accurate it is.

An example would be if a team needs a must win to keep the series going further. He claims Stern will assign certain refs who are more influenced to make calls based on the crowds reaction or they are more inclined to call the game a certain way. Really amazing at how accurate he is with in predicying which ref will be on.

Heres a link to 2 of his articles. Always great to read at work.

http//sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020528a

http//sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050615

the latter one actually predicts the refs.

Id recommend reading him if you havent already. He's a huge Boston fan but ventures out into celebrity talk and constantly disses Hubie Brown. Must read if bored at work.

xXHasek99

24-06-2005 01:41:57

i was looking at Efficiency Rating of Marbury and he actually improved from last year... #17 on the list consisting of pretty good ballplayers... check the list out! http//www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersEFFQuery.html?topic=0&stat=27[]http//www.nba.com/statistics/2004/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersEFFQuery.html?topic=0&stat=27 and what's interesting is that Shaq and Kobe are #8&9 respectively, LoL lol
"The New York Knicks are the most vertically challenged NBA team in the paint. More than in any other area, the Knicks need to improve on defense.", taken from their site... so if they get Q, who's been playing for Suns, a team with NO defence lol , they'll be in a deep hole, again. but i guess he's tradeable in the long run...
they prolly shoulda kept Nazr Mohammed, who did they get for him?

i'm still hoping that Suns will improve their d next season and kick some SA ass... i mean if their coach Mike D'Antoni's smart enuff he'll figure SOME way to play spurs, and when he does, it's ON! oh man i can't wait for next season! so Amare Stoudemire could posterize someone lol , that dude is crazy!

... oh and speaking of posterized players, it's a sad day but Shawn Bradley's retiring... man i wish i'd be as tall as him, i'd have 10 blocks, 30 rebounds a game.

Hasek.

P.S. i don't buy and1's, i snatch'n'run lol

oddjob1266

24-06-2005 05:50:21

I think New York has a lot of work to do this off season if they really want to contend again. First of all they have a lot of talent, the need McMillan, Brown, of Saunders to come their way I think.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the suns' D getting any better this year, because lets face it all the NBA wants is scoring, and the suns do that well. Also I just don't think that it's in most of their players' nature to play tough defense. They'd rather see the points next to their name in the box score.

I also would have 10 blocks and 30 rebounds a gaime not to mention about 75 points if I were as tall as Bradley...lol ok probably not, but it seems like I could be more effective than he has ever been.

So who's LA going for do you think?? They gonna steal KG from the wolves? I don't think he'll get it done for them either, but what do I know? (don't really answer that) I hope the Lakers continue to suck to be honest; they are the Yankees of the NBA (I do like the Yanks however, but that may be b/c the Tigers always suck).

I'm glad the lockout was avoided and am already looking forward to next season....Hope LB is back in Detroit or we pry won't see a third straight playoff run.

P.S. I don't know about snatch'n'run, but I sure know a thing or two about snatch lol shock lol

lakersin2025

24-06-2005 10:13:02

The LAKERS will come back and will it all next year with KG! (I wish). And the Knicks are the Yankees with the highest paid roster aren't they? LAKERS just new how to pick a good guy (Kobe) and deal with a few years of him throwing up air balls and dribbling off his foot. They had a great GM, Mr. Logo. Now he's gone and Kupchak needs to be fired and bring back Jerry West. That;s what I'm talkin' bout!

good2speed

24-06-2005 13:49:51

[quote8017bf95c7="lakersin2025"]The LAKERS will come back and will it all next year with KG! (I wish). And the Knicks are the Yankees with the highest paid roster aren't they? LAKERS just new how to pick a good guy (Kobe) and deal with a few years of him throwing up air balls and dribbling off his foot. They had a great GM, Mr. Logo. Now he's gone and Kupchak needs to be fired and bring back Jerry West. That;s what I'm talkin' bout![/quote8017bf95c7]

KG is under contract and MInnesota would have to be retarded to part with hjim. Hes the face of the franchis and has accepted that. I think LA should look into getting one of the bigs from Chicago. Either Chandler or Curry would help a lot for Kobe. Probably have to part with ODom or Butler or both but ity would definetely help. If that doesnt work they should look for a grinder as a psuedo center. PJ Brown or someone like that. Their team is a mess not too much hope. TRhere defeintely not winning the championship anytime soon.

As far as Ginnobill. This dude just keps winning. How the hell did he drop to being the 57th pick of the draft. Rob Horry should retire on a high note or go to the Heat. Who does Cleveland sign to help lebron. i know there after Micheal redd but I think they'll need more than that.

special tribut to Mr Bradley

http//www.nba.com/media/lakers/shaq_308_030403.jpg[" alt=""/img8017bf95c7]

[img="8017bf95c7]http//www.shaq.com/u/shaq/mdt/images/041498-1.jpg[" alt=""/img8017bf95c7]

[img="8017bf95c7]http//deseretnews.com/photos/2212264.jpg[" alt=""/img8017bf95c7]

oddjob1266

24-06-2005 14:23:23

LOL....Those pictures are great...good work finding those.

good2speed

24-06-2005 15:28:55

Heres another artcle from that simmons guy on game 7. Good reading

click[=http//sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050624]click