4 daily analyses

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15530

CoMpFrEaK

30-05-2005 22:01:24

So some people may have come across sites such as 4 daily and studio traffic that promise a certain percentage of your investment if you surf their sites. 4 Daily offers a 4% return daily while studio traffic promises a 1% return daily. 4 Daily investment upgrades last for a period of 50 days which when calculated turns out to be a 200% return in 50 days. Studio Traffic does it at a much slower pace; in a year you make 365% of the original investments. How do these sites sustain?

Well I have personally taken a look into the logical of these sites. I have broken it down into a few categories in which they make money. These ideas are based mainly on the 4 daily sites.

1. New members pour in money in hopes of making a big return
2. A minor portion is made from people wanting to advertise their sites on these auto surfers
3. People forgetting to surf

So taking into perspective the first idea. These sites can somewhat be described as a pyramid scheme. It can be put that if they are unable to get new members then the site will fail no matter what. Cause it is impossible for the sites to pay a 200% return every 50 days, I mean banks don’t even offer a 5% interest rate. So in all essences the sites need to continue to grow in order to remain profitable, but in the end there will be a lot of people getting screwed over while only a few people have gained anything from the site.

The second point brings in little profit. These auto surfer programs are an un-idealistic way to advertise a site. Some people may utilize these auto surfers to get more hits to their sites, but most company will not use these sites if they want to gain valuable customer.

Now number three is a major aspect to how the site is able to sustain. This point would only be applicable to the 4daily site. Since the daily percentage is so high if you forget to surf a day or even a week it can save the site a great deal of money. Lets say you maxed out your account and you are earning $400 a day by surfing the site, well if you forget for an entire week the site has just saved itself $2800.

Looking at these few points it should be concluded that if these sites do not gain new members it will utterly fail. 4daily claims it has a total of 88,150 verified members, that figure may be big but also take into consideration this site is only 6 month old. In my opinion it still has great potential to grow, as it has not hit its peak. To me it will remain a worth investment for at least 2-3 more years, after that there is not telling what may happen. I personally would not invest a lot of money into it, currently I am only putting in little amounts of money and waiting it to duplicate. In a way these sites philosophy can be applied to the stock market in a few days. Apple (AAPL) would be an excellent example of this; the P/E of AAPL has remained relatively high over time. As long as investors continually invest in AAPL the stock will have a lot of potential to continue going up (generally speaking), but if investors stopped investing in AAPL then the stock will tumble. So applying this to 4daily, if it loses all investors then it will collapse, but if it gains more investors then it will continue on its path.

In conclusion I believe that these sites will sustain for only so long. After that the site will collapse due to lack of new investors. My advice is if you want to invest a lot of money then only do it for the 50-day period, but if you were to invest a bit of money (~$50-$200) then you should use leave it there longer.

slease

30-05-2005 22:22:51

That reminds me, time to surf StudioTraffic.

Don't forget about people that try to surf every day but get errors while surfing and don't end up surfing their full daily ammount.

theysayjump

30-05-2005 22:32:19

i read something about the whole free sites thing saying that they cant see it lasting long, people will get bored with it etc.....i can see why they would think that, but im unsure as to whether i think they (the free sites) will eventually fade away or not......but good post comp...i was thinking of doing a site like this but wasnt sure about me actually getting anything from them.