Skin Lightening help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15342

JUNIOR6886

27-05-2005 21:24:00

ROFL some of you are Undoubtably gonna call me weird or make some lame reference to Michael Jackson but anyways here it goes...
My mom has light whereas my dad has dark skin. My sister was lucky enough to get light skin while I unfortunately got dark skin. It wasent SUPER DARK till i started learning how to swim. I picked up a how-to book and became obsessed with swimming. I went swimming everyday at my local pool despite my moms warning that I would get a lot darker If I went swimming. To make a long story short I didnt listen and was in denial as i got darker and darker till I could barely see my own hand at night... I asked my mom for help and she gave me a cream named clear fashion to use. It was working well for a while but I havent seen much improvement recently....

So if anyone knows of any good products for skin lightning or is trying to do this themselves let me know. I have about 425$ worth of free paypal money from Offercentric so price is no object D

x323smostwantedx

27-05-2005 21:26:10

nice story, cant help, sorry

theysayjump

27-05-2005 21:27:38

wtf? your skin gets darker the more you swim? wtf is up with that?

sorry i know nothing about skin lightening or anything like that (

slease

27-05-2005 21:28:12

Why would you need lighter skin? Self image problems? Send us a picture if you want to be judged. The only skin type I personally can't stand is pasty white like on Red heads. I personally prefer a good tan.

JUNIOR6886

27-05-2005 21:40:24

yeah theysayjump its true
I thought my mom was just trying to scare me into not going but believe me its very true i dont know if its the sun or the chlorene but if you go constantly the way I did you will get darker.

Every pic of myself on my comp has been photoshopped to make myself look much lighter than i really am so it wouldnt help to post my pic
I LOVE redheads with pale skin. ive havent seen too many in my area though... I dont really have any image problems besides the dark thing many people tell me i should be a model and i often cant help staring at myself in the mirror for long periods of time... but I cant get past this dark skin and i need help finding a cure D

slease

27-05-2005 21:43:41

Learn to love yourself =)

Seriously, you said not to bring up MJ, but if you want a great reason not to mess with yourself, look at what has happened to him. Stay away from plastic surgery, chemicals, injections and any thing that isn't for your health. If you are under 18 then you absolutely shouldn't be messing with work that isn't completed.

JUNIOR6886

27-05-2005 21:53:21

[quote610ee481f1="slease"]Learn to love yourself =)

Seriously, you said not to bring up MJ, but if you want a great reason not to mess with yourself, look at what has happened to him. Stay away from plastic surgery, chemicals, injections and any thing that isn't for your health. If you are under 18 then you absolutely shouldn't be messing with work that isn't completed.[/quote610ee481f1]

The difference betowwn me an MJ is that he wanted to be white whereas I dont mind simply being a light skinned black person ;) Also he doesnt know when enough is enough... If I can get my skin to be as light as my sisters id be satisfied ;)
Anyways my research has led me to the active ingridient in many whitening products called Hydroquinone
2% is the legal limit with 4% being perscription strength if soome could possibly point me to a product with more that would rock 8)

slease

27-05-2005 21:57:18

But what happens when you stop swimming and your skin reverts (probably) to its normal color. If you have lightened your skin then you should theoretically get even lighter.

JUNIOR6886

27-05-2005 22:00:08

[quoteb3ff0b6e18="slease"]But what happens when you stop swimming and your skin reverts (probably) to its normal color. If you have lightened your skin then you should theoretically get even lighter.[/quoteb3ff0b6e18]

Actually after I gave up swimming forever my skin didnt get much better till i tried the lotion my mom gave me. Its effects are now slowing down big time which has caused my search for something better

slease

27-05-2005 22:01:42

Do they make white ink tattoos? Maybe all you need is a little contrast -P

Peksim

27-05-2005 22:15:37

I used to be very tan, then I spent 2 years in Ireland... not very tan anymore.

mr0x

27-05-2005 22:18:30

[quote3834f69546="JUNIOR6886"]ROFL some of you are Undoubtably gonna call me weird or make some lame reference to Michael Jackson but anyways here it goes...
My mom has light whereas my dad has dark skin. My sister was lucky enough to get light skin while I unfortunately got dark skin. It wasent SUPER DARK till i started learning how to swim. I picked up a how-to book and became obsessed with swimming. I went swimming everyday at my local pool despite my moms warning that I would get a lot darker If I went swimming. To make a long story short I didnt listen and was in denial as i got darker and darker till I could barely see my own hand at night... I asked my mom for help and she gave me a cream named clear fashion to use. It was working well for a while but I havent seen much improvement recently....

So if anyone knows of any good products for skin lightning or is trying to do this themselves let me know. I have about 425$ worth of free paypal money from Offercentric so price is no object D[/quote3834f69546]

I think in Africa, skin whitening products are a serious health problem for women[=http//news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1114088.stm]health problem for women. I think a lot of them are banned.

Plus, you're a guy. Why do you want to be lighter anyway? It's not like girls are discerning in that regard (unlike guys I suppose).

In the 40s and 50s, I think actresses used arsenic for better skin. A lot of actresses died early )

theysayjump

27-05-2005 22:18:44

[quote81b93e0a90="Peksim"]I used to be very tan, then I spent 2 years in Ireland... not very tan anymore.[/quote81b93e0a90]

that would do it lol.

Josh

28-05-2005 01:47:04

The darkness..... AH CHA CHA CHA

craigadile

28-05-2005 07:05:18

HIS SKIN ISN'T DARK FROM THE POOL. holy crap. most pools are outside, EQUALING UV RAYS. man.
I'm not sure why you want to do this, but good luck.

JUNIOR6886

28-05-2005 07:41:19

from what im reading Hydroquinone can pose a serious health risk
probably why the limit is 2% in products in the first place... I'll have to look into something else.....

quotePlus, you're a guy. Why do you want to be lighter anyway? It's not like girls are discerning in that regard (unlike guys I suppose).

no girls have ever said mentioned my complexion to me..... this is more about my own feelings about how I look.

Retro

28-05-2005 09:42:29

Maybe you should use some of the $425 on a psychologist who can talk to you about your self image issues. There's nothing wrong with being darker.