Question about keyless entry?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=14073

Stroid

12-05-2005 13:41:19

So a month after i got my new car a woman hit my passenger side door and made a baseball size dent in it. I took it to the body shop and got it fixed and the woman paid for it. So then the paint starts acting weird due to some weird factory paint thing. So the body shop fixed the door again they had to repaint it and it looks great im very happy. But now the weird thing is that the keyless entry doesnt work right when i hit the lock button it works sometimes and when i hit it twice the alarm horn doesnt beep. so i had them take off the door panel and look and everything is hooked up right. but now my door locks randomly open and the buttons on my remote act as if they are crossed i hit unlock and it locks i hit lock and it unlocks. it really frustrating that you put it in the shop for one thing and then something else starts. Any body have any ideas what the problem could be. oh and i got a new battery thats not it

doylnea

12-05-2005 14:55:40

do you have another remote transponder you can try?

Who installed the remote entry? Take it to the Honda dealer and ask them to give it a try with one of their remotes, if you're still under warranty. If not, maybe you can pick up a second remote, (They're handy to have around) and that will fix the problem.

Stroid

12-05-2005 15:11:35

yeah i got a extra remote at home i havent gotten their to try it yet. it works properly sometimes. the weird thing is that when i first got the car the remote acted a little funny but it worked fine after the first week. and no its not under warranty its a 2000 and i bought it used.