Token Of Appreciation

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13277

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:34:46

Listen, 95% of us have paypal and make a decent amount of money doing trades and getting paid via this site. Would it hurt us so much to make a donation to show a token of our appreciation.

I am saying, if you can at least pull $10 out of your pocket to show your love for the foum that has gotten you your free stuff, helped you make friends, vent out, and get you cash, then you truly are a decent forum member.

I will pay the first donation.

Please post below. Each person that makes a donation is helping improve our trading environment. It won't kill you. Make it back with a trade anyway!

-Thank You CC40

P.S. Every donation matters, whether it is $10 or $3. So Admin will you be so kind as to post the paypal address so we can make a donation of our choosing? Or you can make a seperate donation link for random donations as I do not wish for an ad.

Also, don't just read this and pass it by because I am the poster. This is not for any personal gain. Next time you look at your ipod or psp, think about how you got it! Then ask yourself, with the $200 I saved, can't I donate $10 to the place that got me it... Think about it.

Stroid

02-05-2005 15:40:29

if you would like my paypal addy let me know ;)

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:41:26

[quote13e84f2f6f="Stroid"]if you would like my paypal addy let me know ;)[/quote13e84f2f6f]

I will only donate to the address dedicated to FreeIpodGuide, sorry.

(Yes, I got the sarcasm)

Collateral

02-05-2005 15:42:58

I already have donated about $70 to this site back in August and September and frankly can't afford to donate more. Wish I could.

Stroid

02-05-2005 15:43:13

lol i encourage this idea and yes i was sarcastic

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:44:41

[quote0b6acae616="Collateral"]I already have donated about $70 to this site back in August and September and frankly can't afford to donate more. Wish I could.[/quote0b6acae616]

At least you put back a little of what you got. Good for you!

iusa

02-05-2005 15:46:20

are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:48:28

[quote162b648154="iusa"]are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary[/quote162b648154]

If a man is a millionaire, and he paints your house, do you not pay him? Show some gratitude for what this site has done for you. The Admin personally does not like me, for justified reasons, but I acknowledge him and the people who gotten me my trades. Give me a break, throw out $10 and don't be a whiny pain in the ass. You can also leave.

nate08

02-05-2005 15:52:27

I donated $10 for the text ad to be up tommorow.

And I'm sorry, I really am, but for some reason that I can't really put my finger on, clearestchannel40 kind of bugs me.

Again, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, for some reason your posts just annoy me more than others.

Stroid

02-05-2005 15:53:13

[quotee062b02593="iusa"]are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary[/quotee062b02593]

This site does alot for you and you dont think that it should make more profit then $300 plus other donations. Plus as a mod i dont get anything no money at all i might get a free green every once in a while. So dont understand why you think its unnecessary to donate. This statement really pisses me off evil

iusa

02-05-2005 15:53:24

[quote35c25bad37="clearestchannel40"][quote35c25bad37="iusa"]are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary[/quote35c25bad37]

If a man is a millionaire, and he paints your house, do you not pay him? Show some gratitude for what this site has done for you. The Admin personally does not like me, for justified reasons, but I acknowledge him and the people who gotten me my trades. Give me a break, throw out $10 and don't be a whiny pain in the ass. You can also leave.[/quote35c25bad37]

what a horrible junior-high analogy

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:55:20

What a horrible way to attempt to defend yourself from junior-high logic! Please refrain from posting anymore as I want this thread to consist of diligent forum go-ers who have decided to live up to their part and throw in a bit of their savings and help out. I do not want anymore comments from you, please?

Corolla

02-05-2005 15:57:14

I think a good token of appreciation for him would be for you to leave. That's better than a monetary donation.

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 15:58:58

[quote0830a5e6e7="nate08"]I donated $10 for the text ad to be up tommorow.

And I'm sorry, I really am, but for some reason that I can't really put my finger on, clearestchannel40 kind of bugs me.

Again, I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, for some reason your posts just annoy me more than others.[/quote0830a5e6e7]

At least you don't flood my threads with flaming. I understand that I am quite an annoying character. At least I admit it, that is all that matters. No offense taken.

[quote0830a5e6e7="Stroid"]This site does alot for you and you dont think that it should make more profit then $300 plus other donations. Plus as a mod i dont get anything no money at all i might get a free green every once in a while. So dont understand why you think its unnecessary to donate. This statement really pisses me off Evil or Very Mad [/quote0830a5e6e7]

100% agreed. Just so you know the moderator's work and dedication is all appreciated by myself and many others. Iusa, you have many things to work out, like your appreciation for other's hard work. Grow up please?

iusa

02-05-2005 15:59:23

[quotef0ee558796="Stroid"][quotef0ee558796="iusa"]are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary[/quotef0ee558796]

This site does alot for you and you dont think that it should make more profit then $300 plus other donations. Plus as a mod i dont get anything no money at all i might get a free green every once in a while. So dont understand why you think its unnecessary to donate. This statement really pisses me off evil[/quotef0ee558796]

sorry, like i said, i appreciate the work everyone does, but do the math

right now "donations" to get your link put up currently make $120 a day for the admin...thats 3600 a month, plus the 300 for the text ad, thats almost $4000 a month

not too long ago there was a rotation of 4 links at a time, so that was around $400 a DAY, which translates into twelve THOUSAND a month

i know the costs of running a high-traffic website, and you can't honestly tell me that this site takes anywhere near that amount to run

back to my point...thanks for everyone who runs/polices the site, but i dont think donating any extra money is really needed

Admin

02-05-2005 15:59:34

This isn't really necessary. This site has not/will not 'put me through college' but the donations cover the costs and then some.

If you do wish to donate, the address, as always, is http//freeipodguide.com/?ops=donatefinal and donations are, as always, very much appreciated.

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 16:01:20

[quotee684495177="Corolla"]I think a good token of appreciation for him would be for you to leave. That's better than a monetary donation.[/quotee684495177]

Okay, I asked very nicely that this thread not to be flooded with garbage. For somebody with no trade record, 9 posts, and 3 days in, you are very quick to make very bold statements. I will disregard that as a simple newbie statement.

[be684495177]Please Stop Threadcrapping! That Was Nowhere Near The Intent Of This Post.[/be684495177] [/colore684495177]

iusa

02-05-2005 16:02:03

[quotea80e929e13="clearestchannel40"]

100% agreed. Just so you know the moderator's work and dedication is all appreciated by myself and many others. Iusa, you have many things to work out, like your appreciation for other's hard work. Grow up please?[/quotea80e929e13]

you must be illiterate, so i'll rehash what i just said, twice.

i appreciate everyone's hard work, but i dont think its necessary to pay anything extra to show my appreciation, a "thank you" or a favor or two can show gratitude too, but apparently the only way YOU think one can show appreciation is by opening their wallet

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 16:05:13

[quotea892c38ee5="Admin"]This isn't really necessary. This site has not/will not 'put me through college' but the donations cover the costs and then some.

If you do wish to donate, the address, as always, is http//freeipodguide.com/?ops=donatefinal and donations are, as always, very much appreciated.[/quotea892c38ee5]

Thank you very much. Expect a donation from me tonight as soon as some extra cash flows in. No, it is not necessary, and neither is iusa's ungrateful presence on this thread.

Once again, thank you.

I ask that others join me in donating. I will be donating $10 a month to this site to show my gratitude.

P.S. Don't ask why I decided to do this, I just came to a realization that we all take these forums for advantage. Some of us donate and that is terrific, but alot have yet to put back in a little of what they got.

Thank You. CC40

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 16:07:28

[quote0d3969b345="iusa"][quote0d3969b345="clearestchannel40"]

100% agreed. Just so you know the moderator's work and dedication is all appreciated by myself and many others. Iusa, you have many things to work out, like your appreciation for other's hard work. Grow up please?[/quote0d3969b345]

you must be illiterate, so i'll rehash what i just said, twice.

i appreciate everyone's hard work, but i dont think its necessary to pay anything extra to show my appreciation, a "thank you" or a favor or two can show gratitude too, but apparently the only way YOU think one can show appreciation is by opening their wallet[/quote0d3969b345]

A "Thank You" does not help support the upkeep of time, money, and dedication. You give your "Thank You" and I will give my "Thank You" and $10 a month. I wonder if Admin pays for webhosting with "Thank Yous"

bsi4063

02-05-2005 16:16:36

i donated $10 a friends march of dimes walk..doesnt that count =) i am broke also.

Stroid

02-05-2005 16:25:38

[quotee2b53c4fac="iusa"][quotee2b53c4fac="Stroid"][quotee2b53c4fac="iusa"]are you kidding me? do you realize how much money the site owner already makes? just adding the text ad to the top of the page pulls in over $300 a month, add to that the "donations" for all the links that are up every day....yeah we're going to put him through college

dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything the site owner and mods do for us, but giving any more money just seems a little....unnecessary[/quotee2b53c4fac]

This site does alot for you and you dont think that it should make more profit then $300 plus other donations. Plus as a mod i dont get anything no money at all i might get a free green every once in a while. So dont understand why you think its unnecessary to donate. This statement really pisses me off evil[/quotee2b53c4fac]

sorry, like i said, i appreciate the work everyone does, but do the math

right now "donations" to get your link put up currently make $120 a day for the admin...thats 3600 a month, plus the 300 for the text ad, thats almost $4000 a month

not too long ago there was a rotation of 4 links at a time, so that was around $400 a DAY, which translates into twelve THOUSAND a month

i know the costs of running a high-traffic website, and you can't honestly tell me that this site takes anywhere near that amount to run

back to my point...thanks for everyone who runs/polices the site, but i dont think donating any extra money is really needed[/quotee2b53c4fac]

Point well made but you shouldnt discourage donations to this site since it does help you recieve free items. but whatver

PoPoJiJo

02-05-2005 16:37:16

while I dont disagree with donating to the site it seems to me that this thread might only have been created so that clearestchannel40 can get something written under his name... roll

Retro

02-05-2005 16:51:21

[quote028189193c="PoPoJiJo"]while I dont disagree with donating to the site it seems to me that this thread might only have been created so that clearestchannel40 can get something written under his name... roll[/quote028189193c]

I somewhat agree. I don't know what the motives are, but I find it weird that he's made this random post. It's not like the site is in trouble and in need of funds and Admin said that it really isn't necessary. While people don't post every time they donate, I'm sure they do a lot. I don't discourage donating, I'm just trying to figure out why the post was made. And I'd rather decide to donate on my own b/c I like the site, rather then someone trying to guilt me into it for some odd reason.

Also, remember that while you are trying to tell people that they wouldn't have their stuff if it wasn't for freeipodguide, remember that it's not the only forum & place to trade.

But I sure as hell like it P

Collateral

02-05-2005 16:53:59

[quote9b38933cd9="PoPoJiJo"]while I dont disagree with donating to the site it seems to me that this thread might only have been created so that clearestchannel40 can get something written under his name... roll[/quote9b38933cd9]

Whata suckup lol http//www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/smilies_mod/upload/2c48c8b15ca18a43bcc40761e70774b2.gif[" alt=""/img9b38933cd9]

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 16:56:41

Throws In The Towel

I give up, man. No matter what I do, people try to find bad in it. I just wanted to post an idea that happened to cross my head. Why do you need to find an ulterior motive?

iusa

02-05-2005 17:00:00

[quote1111e16e2c="PoPoJiJo"]while I dont disagree with donating to the site it seems to me that this thread might only have been created so that clearestchannel40 can get something written under his name... roll[/quote1111e16e2c]

exactly my thoughts, and many others im sure

slease

02-05-2005 17:08:40

i think he might just be making up for some of the other posts he's made that have made people not like him. i think its commendable that he made this post and despite any ulterior motives it is important that this site get donations. Hopefully the donations if in excess can get us more things, such as larger PM boxes and additions to the site!

Vector

02-05-2005 17:09:29

.... okay okay, its all good and peachy... now donate bishes!

i will be sure to do that in the next few weeks

iusa

02-05-2005 17:12:14

ill donate after i get my notebooks4free completed )

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 17:20:30

[quoteeec54a8103="slease"]i think he might just be making up for some of the other posts he's made that have made people not like him. i think its commendable that he made this post and despite any ulterior motives it is important that this site get donations. Hopefully the donations if in excess can get us more things, such as larger PM boxes and additions to the site![/quoteeec54a8103]

Thank you slease. At least somebody can see past the garbage.

[quoteeec54a8103="Vector"].... okay okay, its all good and peachy... now donate bishes!

i will be sure to do that in the next few weeks[/quoteeec54a8103]

Good job!

[quoteeec54a8103="iusa"]ill donate after i get my notebooks4free completed Smile[/quoteeec54a8103]

Could've made that your first post. Good job anyway.

PoPoJiJo

02-05-2005 17:57:08

[quote016fef3f72="clearestchannel40"]Throws In The Towel

I give up, man. No matter what I do, people try to find bad in it. I just wanted to post an idea that happened to cross my head. Why do you need to find an ulterior motive?[/quote016fef3f72]

perhaps its because you've made eleven posts in this thread and I would say half to a third of them are unneccesary and well I'd say its your general attitude not to mention your last thread was about trying to get stuff put under your name and the mods/admin said no and that they would only do it when/if they felt like it...so you do the math

clearestchannel40

02-05-2005 18:16:28

[quote04b206c62a="PoPoJiJo"][quote04b206c62a="clearestchannel40"]Throws In The Towel

I give up, man. No matter what I do, people try to find bad in it. I just wanted to post an idea that happened to cross my head. Why do you need to find an ulterior motive?[/quote04b206c62a]

perhaps its because you've made eleven posts in this thread and I would say half to a third of them are unneccesary and well I'd say its your general attitude not to mention your last thread was about trying to get stuff put under your name and the mods/admin said no and that they would only do it when/if they felt like it...so you do the math[/quote04b206c62a]

Well, be that as it may, I know why I made this post, and it was nothing but purely something productive.

Admin

02-05-2005 21:09:14

This isn't meant to be against you CC, I think you're trying really hard to do some good around here, and I appreciate it, but I don't like where this thread is headed.

Nobody should be asked, goaded, guilt tripped, or otherwise "prodded" to donate. Please please please only do it if you really want to and are OK with the amount.

And the PM boxes are gigantic already, and I spend probably 10-15 hours a week coding/improving/upgrading the forums, specifically the trading area. I'll continue doing that, donations or not. While they're nice, they're not necessary.