got charged $70 for vid prof

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12916

freedesktoppc

28-04-2005 10:35:51

Apparently they charge you after 10 days, even though you have 30 to return. Any experience in getting the charge taken off?

theysayjump

28-04-2005 10:41:11

i signed up for that offer in march at my old house and never recieved the cd's. i called them from my new house and told them and they said theyd send another shipment out and extend my free trial.....i still have yet to recieve the cd's and if i had money in my acocunt they would probably charge me for it too......if you dont like/want the cd's they send you, you have 10 days to return them. otherwise after those 10 days and you havent returned them, then they charge you.....call and ask. the woman i spoke to was very helpful and polite..

frank

freedesktoppc

28-04-2005 10:46:28

[quotea5d3c19996="theysayjump"]i signed up for that offer in march at my old house and never recieved the cd's. i called them from my new house and told them and they said theyd send another shipment out and extend my free trial.....i still have yet to recieve the cd's and if i had money in my acocunt they would probably charge me for it too......if you dont like/want the cd's they send you, you have 10 days to return them. otherwise after those 10 days and you havent returned them, then they charge you.....call and ask. the woman i spoke to was very helpful and polite..

frank[/quotea5d3c19996]

yeah, I spoke to them also. But like in december, my friend did vid professor, never sent back the CDs to this day, and has still never been charged. I guess the rules are the rules, but for some reason I just assumed I got charged after 30 days. well that is why it is not a good idea to trade with a little kid who only has a debit card, or a webcert, cuz a big charge like that can either prevent him from doing an offer for you, or it may get him and you put on hold.

theysayjump

28-04-2005 10:51:06

thats very true.

pas

28-04-2005 12:05:54

call them and tell them you sent it back... thats what I did and I kept all 3 cds!!! the refunded me that day. It was an amazing transaction if I do say so myself!!! hahaha Seriously though... call them and tell them you returned them... they have no way to see that you didnt since you arent required to track the package you send back. They have to refund you.

jhennson

28-04-2005 12:10:56

ya hopefully they refund you!

freedesktoppc

28-04-2005 12:52:55

[quote3286927c47="pas"]call them and tell them you sent it back... thats what I did and I kept all 3 cds!!! the refunded me that day. It was an amazing transaction if I do say so myself!!! hahaha Seriously though... call them and tell them you returned them... they have no way to see that you didnt since you arent required to track the package you send back. They have to refund you.[/quote3286927c47]

problems
1. that would be called lying
2. you are not allowed to talk about stuff like that on this forum
3. I already told them in my last conversation that I have not even opened the package yet.

CoMpFrEaK

28-04-2005 14:57:17

[quotec21c8169bb="freedesktoppc"][quotec21c8169bb="theysayjump"]i signed up for that offer in march at my old house and never recieved the cd's. i called them from my new house and told them and they said theyd send another shipment out and extend my free trial.....i still have yet to recieve the cd's and if i had money in my acocunt they would probably charge me for it too......if you dont like/want the cd's they send you, you have 10 days to return them. otherwise after those 10 days and you havent returned them, then they charge you.....call and ask. the woman i spoke to was very helpful and polite..

frank[/quotec21c8169bb]

yeah, I spoke to them also. But like in december, my friend did vid professor, never sent back the CDs to this day, and has still never been charged. I guess the rules are the rules, but for some reason I just assumed I got charged after 30 days. well that is why it is not a good idea to trade with a little kid who only has a debit card, or a webcert, cuz a big charge like that can either prevent him from doing an offer for you, or it may get him and you put on hold.[/quotec21c8169bb]

i see nothing wrong trading with kids, well depends on what you mean by kids. (aka age levels)

clearestchannel40

28-04-2005 19:29:24

[quoteeec8822b92="freedesktoppc"][quoteeec8822b92="theysayjump"]i signed up for that offer in march at my old house and never recieved the cd's. i called them from my new house and told them and they said theyd send another shipment out and extend my free trial.....i still have yet to recieve the cd's and if i had money in my acocunt they would probably charge me for it too......if you dont like/want the cd's they send you, you have 10 days to return them. otherwise after those 10 days and you havent returned them, then they charge you.....call and ask. the woman i spoke to was very helpful and polite..

frank[/quoteeec8822b92]

yeah, I spoke to them also. But like in december, my friend did vid professor, never sent back the CDs to this day, and has still never been charged. I guess the rules are the rules, but for some reason I just assumed I got charged after 30 days. well that is why it is not a good idea to trade with a little kid who only has a debit card, or a webcert, cuz a big charge like that can either prevent him from doing an offer for you, or it may get him and you put on hold.[/quoteeec8822b92]

absolutely agree, i am 16 but i have a credit card. Elan Financial Young Adult Visa issued by Liberty Bank. I do things the legit way ;)

cartrenroy

28-04-2005 19:40:56

[quote8a9b7d0b4f="freedesktoppc"]Apparently they charge you after 10 days, even though you have 30 to return. Any experience in getting the charge taken off?[/quote8a9b7d0b4f]

Is not 30 days trial.

Keep any two CDs Free!
That's right. Two of the three CDs in this complete package (depends which one you choose, I got photoshop) are yours to keep FREE, whatever you decide. You received one CD free when you contacted us, you received a second free CD when you agreed to review the complete 3-CD set.
Now, during your [b8a9b7d0b4f]10-days FREE trial period[/b8a9b7d0b4f], you can fully explore all THREE CDs. Learn as much as you can from them.

As you can see from the above test - It's ONLY 10 DAYS.

Contact them - I don't know if they are going to REFUND your money BUT try it

freedesktoppc

28-04-2005 20:17:15

[quote2f8467641c="cartrenroy"][quote2f8467641c="freedesktoppc"]Apparently they charge you after 10 days, even though you have 30 to return. Any experience in getting the charge taken off?[/quote2f8467641c]

Is not 30 days trial.

Keep any two CDs Free!
That's right. Two of the three CDs in this complete package (depends which one you choose, I got photoshop) are yours to keep FREE, whatever you decide. You received one CD free when you contacted us, you received a second free CD when you agreed to review the complete 3-CD set.
Now, during your [b2f8467641c]10-days FREE trial period[/b2f8467641c], you can fully explore all THREE CDs. Learn as much as you can from them.

Contact them - I don't know if they are going to REFUND your money BUT try it[/quote2f8467641c]

they said they'll refund me if I return in 30 days. Just annoying that they have $70 on hold on my CC. not a big deal tho.

cartrenroy

28-04-2005 20:24:18

[quote0de91c3695="freedesktoppc"][quote0de91c3695="cartrenroy"][quote0de91c3695="freedesktoppc"]Apparently they charge you after 10 days, even though you have 30 to return. Any experience in getting the charge taken off?[/quote0de91c3695]

Is not 30 days trial.

Keep any two CDs Free!
Now, during your [b0de91c3695]10-days FREE trial period[/b0de91c3695], you can fully explore all THREE CDs. Learn as much as you can from them.

Contact them - I don't know if they are going to REFUND your money BUT try it[/quote0de91c3695]

they said they'll refund me if I return in 30 days. Just annoying that they have $70 on hold on my CC. not a big deal tho.[/quote0de91c3695]

Not a Big Deal shock

Hey - I need a green for FreeMiniMacs.com - can you do it for me lol