anyone do logitech4free yet?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12559

CoMpFrEaK

24-04-2005 18:08:30

well if you havent i would pay you like $10 to do it (this site isnt worth much as it is) but this post is more about having a discussing about this site.

FreeOffersNow

24-04-2005 18:12:00

I could have sworn I was in the Off-Topic forum...I guess not.

CoMpFrEaK

24-04-2005 18:14:18

[quote5d69f14dc2="FreeOffersNow"]I could have sworn I was in the Off-Topic forum...I guess not.[/quote5d69f14dc2]

liahemli its also ment for a discussion about this site. Personally i think its a great site, i took a look at their forums and had a chat with the admin and such. But i want to see if anyone has anything to say before i actually dedicate myself to do this site.

PS maybe your hallucinating FON? wink

Armstrong

24-04-2005 18:16:10

Just wondering what everyone though about wireless mice and keyboards...i don't plan on walking around with mine and i hate the idea of having to buy batteries for it...monthly. i would rather have a cord then no keyboard or mouse until i had time to buy batteries

CoMpFrEaK

24-04-2005 18:20:57

[quote00d39f7bc3="Armstrong"]Just wondering what everyone though about wireless mice and keyboards...i don't plan on walking around with mine and i hate the idea of having to buy batteries for it...monthly. i would rather have a cord then no keyboard or mouse until i had time to buy batteries[/quote00d39f7bc3]

very nice, i personally already own the mx700 combo, so im not sure why i want to do that site. lol. But anyways if you wanna sign i think im going to offer $15 per person to do that site. PM me if your interseted.

Battery isnt such a big issue with the MX series form logitech. The wireless ones charge on their receiver so you dont have to get new batteries, just dont forget to dock them. But in terms of the microsoft mouses the battery lasts for like 4-6 months, depending on surface and usage. which isnt shabby at all.

FreeOffersNow

24-04-2005 18:22:46

[quote373241d1fe="Armstrong"]Just wondering what everyone though about wireless mice and keyboards...i don't plan on walking around with mine and i hate the idea of having to buy batteries for it...monthly. i would rather have a cord then no keyboard or mouse until i had time to buy batteries[/quote373241d1fe]

My thoughts exactly. People tend to think that anything wireless is "high-tech" and therefore desirable, but I don't really see the advantage.

Pros No wires

Cons Batteries, lag, interference, unrecognized input (at times), much more costly than their "wired" counterparts

CoMpFrEaK

24-04-2005 18:35:22

[quote491fd16113="FreeOffersNow"][quote491fd16113="Armstrong"]Just wondering what everyone though about wireless mice and keyboards...i don't plan on walking around with mine and i hate the idea of having to buy batteries for it...monthly. i would rather have a cord then no keyboard or mouse until i had time to buy batteries[/quote491fd16113]

My thoughts exactly. People tend to think that anything wireless is "high-tech" and therefore desirable, but I don't really see the advantage.

Pros No wires

Cons Batteries, lag, interference, unrecognized input (at times), much more costly than their "wired" counterparts[/quote491fd16113]

thing is i needed no wires

ragefu

24-04-2005 18:47:08

Batteries aren't an issue at all, they last a LONG time, especially in the keyboards. Lag isn't ever an issue, unless maybe your using something other than logitech or microsoft. Have you guys actually owned or used wireless mice/keyboard or are you just making assumptions?

FreeOffersNow

24-04-2005 19:05:46

[quoteb28f63b5f7="ragefu"]Batteries aren't an issue at all, they last a LONG time, especially in the keyboards. Lag isn't ever an issue, unless maybe your using something other than logitech or microsoft. Have you guys actually owned or used wireless mice/keyboard or are you just making assumptions?[/quoteb28f63b5f7]

When I first purchased a mouse for my laptop, I purchased a wireless optical mouse which was quickly dubbed "the battery monster" - and returned about a week after purchase. The batteries died in 3 days or something ridiculous (there was an on/off switch that I ALWAYS forgot to turn off)...leaving me without a mouse in the middle of a Counter-Strike CAL match. As far as lag and interference...new technologies have reduced these problems, but they have NOT been eliminated. Also, by a "LONG" time...you mean a month, right? I'd rather save myself some money (batteries and initial purchase price) and have this hugely inconvenient wire on my keyboard/mouse. I mean really...how far away from the computer do you really need to bring your keyboard/mouse, anyway?

ragefu

24-04-2005 19:26:01

Was it logitech? The batteries here in the keyboard have lasted at least six months, and the ones in the mouse I never have to replace because it comes with a charging station.

FreeOffersNow

24-04-2005 19:30:59

I believe it was targus...I'm not really sure. My roommate has a logitech set and loves it...I just don't think its worth the money. Different strokes for different folks...

doylnea

24-04-2005 20:11:30

[quotebaa360543f="Armstrong"]Just wondering what everyone though about wireless mice and keyboards...i don't plan on walking around with mine and i hate the idea of having to buy batteries for it...monthly. i would rather have a cord then no keyboard or mouse until i had time to buy batteries[/quotebaa360543f]

Wireless mice and keyboards very convienent for Media Center PCs - I use them for my HTPC in my living room. Even with the Media Center remote, a wireless keyboard and mouse come in handy more often than not.