Blockbuster/Online Rental Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12112

mattwz

19-04-2005 17:34:09

I did the Blockbuster offer a little over a month ago, and decided to keep it. I've received around 4 or 5 movies since I signed up. Last week I rented 2 movies. Yesterday I got the first one, but it was only the shipping label (the part you tear off when you send it back). The second one came today with just the shipping label also. One was fine, but two make me think someone's stealing the movies. I repoted the first one on their site, and they asked if I wanted them to resend the movie, or send the next in queue. I tried reporting the 2nd, but I couldn't since it hasn't been 3 days yet. I don't know if they'll get suspicious thinking that I'm stealing the movies. Has anyone had this problem before?

slease

19-04-2005 17:42:55

I have never had that problem. What kind of mailbox do you have, one with a key? Live in a house or an apartment, how close are your neighbors? My apartment has a shared unlocked drop box for outgoing mail so I always take my netflix and blockbuster rentals to the post office on my way to class. But the mailbox itself has a key to prevent theft. Definately report the movie missing as soon as possible, you'll have to pay for it later if you don't, better they be suspicious now.

mattwz

19-04-2005 18:05:04

The mailbox is next to the front door without a key. I live in a house, and I know most of my neighbors, so I don't think any of them would steal my mail. I don't know if it's missing before it gets to my mailbox, or if someone is coming by and going through it. I should be getting another one later this week, hopefully I actually get a movie this time.

Thanks,
Matt

slease

19-04-2005 18:08:58

Hmm, next time you're expecting a movie, keep watch and if it comes to you with just the shipping label again then someone at the post office is stealing your movies and you need to take it up with them.

ahreno

19-04-2005 18:11:40

happened to me today, though the movie that was supposed to come with it, got sent back to blockbuster,,, which worked out good for me in th end... i notice netflix has started putting a sticker on the envelope to hold it together better.

FreeOffersNow

19-04-2005 21:21:39

Postal employees were never known for being the most honest people in the world...the problem here is that its far too simple to tell whats in the envelope...which increases the risk of theft exponentially. If you really want to know whats going on...put your mail on hold for the week you're expecting your next DVD to arrive. If you get the mail and the disc is gone, you've got a pretty good case against the good 'ol USPS. If not...buy a sniper rifle and find a nice perch somewhere where you've got a good angle on the mailbox )

no0ne2k

19-04-2005 22:06:00

I've used BB for nearly 6 months and Netflix for 2 years prior to that. I never had a single DVD stolen (yet). Only issues I have had were

- One DVD took 3 weeks from date it was shipped to actual delivery
- Three DVDs have shown up too scrathed to play in DVD player.

Both companies are really good about immediately shipping a replacement in both of these situations.

stimpy

20-04-2005 08:48:20

I have been using BB online for almost 2 months now and had one dvd I couldn't play, and one where I got only the label. Never had 2 in a row like that. I wouldn't worry about it yet, but if it happens again maybe you should start worrying.

mattwz

20-04-2005 13:46:02

Thanks for the replies.

I just checked my queue again, and I have 5 movies shipped. 1 I already have (from a few weeks ago), the 1 with just the shipping label, and 3 that were shipped today. My account is only 3 out for $14.99 a month. Why would they send out 5? I was thinking maybe they got the movies back that I just received the shipping label on, but I would think they would remove it from my shipped movies list. ? Hopefully I'll get the next 3 sent.

no0ne2k

20-04-2005 14:20:39

One thing pretty cool about BB that I have never noticed before...

I loaded "Meet the Fockers" into the top of my queue a few weeks before it released. I got an email Monday saying that it had been shipped. Tuesday (the day it released), it was delivered with my mail.

Can't beat that. Way to go BB! 8)