DHL question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12011

JJPRO11

18-04-2005 19:58:06

my shuffle is coming, but what do you do if you wont be home when they come? do they usually leave it on your doorstep, leave a slip and make you pick it up, or try again next day? and what time do they come normally? i saw a truck at around 500 pm EST in a neighborhood... didnt realize they worked that late.

ragefu

18-04-2005 20:02:54

Yeah leave a note on your door saying please leave here and sign your name. They left the shuffle there when I got it and took the note

FreeOffersNow

18-04-2005 23:19:49

[quote156c628706="JJPRO11"]my shuffle is coming, but what do you do if you wont be home when they come? do they usually leave it on your doorstep, leave a slip and make you pick it up, or try again next day? and what time do they come normally? i saw a truck at around 500 pm EST in a neighborhood... didnt realize they worked that late.[/quote156c628706]

ragefu is right as far as the note is concerned...you can also leave instructions on where you would like the package left (front door, back door, etc.). I believe DHL will attempt delivery twice after failed delivery...each attempt will be made on the next business day. There is no way for me to say what time they will come...depends on where you are on their route for the day.

bballp6699

18-04-2005 23:26:12

I called DHL. They said that bull shit with the letter won't work.

FreeOffersNow

18-04-2005 23:45:56

[quote9c4863ce1b="bballp6699"]I called DHL. They said that bull shit with the letter won't work.[/quote9c4863ce1b]

I've received TONS of packages from DHL...and I'm rarely there to sign for the package. You are supposed to sign the delivery attempted notice and leave that, but I just have my sister leave a note and my nephews bring it in when they get home from school...never had a problem.

PodTopia

18-04-2005 23:59:06

Recommendation Get your TRACKING SLIP so that they know the package is yours (i.e. print it from DHL tracking) then sign the bottom saying "I approve the delivery of this package". It worked for me.

breslijo

19-04-2005 07:39:41

A lot has to do with where you live, loaction wise.

If a package is sent with Adult aignature required, then there's no choice.

But, it sounds like these are being sent without that restriction.

If that's the case, then it depends on where you live. If you are in what DHL has as a Safe area, they'll leave it on your porch, in your screen, etc.

If you're in a "Bad" area, they will want a signature on file to cover their ass.