free golf clubs?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11794

stavros

16-04-2005 06:43:57

I need some, any tips? )

pSeuDo

16-04-2005 07:31:33

get paypal money from an OC site or something and buy it yourself?

wood

16-04-2005 07:41:45

I had a friend, who was a bit...[i542f43ae88]misguided[/i542f43ae88].
He was also looking for a cheap way to get golf clubs...

So what did he do?
Walked into about two dozen garages through out his neighborhood until he found a set he liked...

The rest, is history )

PodTopia

16-04-2005 07:45:54

TheFreeProject has drivers, but not a full set of golf clubs. I'm starting to think they're legit now after reading testimonials on Anything4Free. My 30GB iPod photo shipped last Tuesday, the 12th, so it should arrive today or Monday. If I get it, I'll tell ya it's legit!

Armstrong

16-04-2005 08:36:58

Free Golf clubs...now were talking!!

-and i had a buddy that did the "FreeGarageGolfClubs.com" and had like 5 sets...don't suggest it though, he ended up having to use them from jail...

gstan

16-04-2005 08:48:38

kinda gay

FreeOffersNow

16-04-2005 10:04:06

I'd love a free set of golf clubs. I've actually never golfed, but alot of my friends do...and my mother (who works in a hospital) has often suggested that, as a management major, I take it up. Someone is going to have to teach me (

Bryan

16-04-2005 15:54:58

[quotea313e63e7a="FreeOffersNow"]I'd love a free set of golf clubs. I've actually never golfed, but alot of my friends do...and my mother (who works in a hospital) has often suggested that, as a management major, I take it up. Someone is going to have to teach me ([/quotea313e63e7a]

I agree with the suggestion to wh0re yourself out on the For Trade forum, save up enough in PayPal, and buy a starter set. I see ads in the paper pretty much every week selling starter sets for $149 that come with two or three woods, 4-9 iron, pitching wedge and putter. These sets obviously aren't as good as, say a set of Nike Slingshots or TaylorMade RAC irons that go for $700+ for just the irons, but if you haven't played golf before you're not going to know the difference between a six iron and a nine iron anyways.

The thing you need to be aware of with golf though is that it's not a cheap sport, and if you let it, it can easily become an addiction. I've been playing for over a year now. I love the game... but sometimes I want to bend my clubs over my knee and then toss them in the water. So you need some disposable income and if you have anger management issues you may want to look into getting those taken care of before you kill someone or yourself over a stupid little white ball that just won't go where it's supposed to.

...end rant

Bryan

PoPoJiJo

16-04-2005 16:14:32

garage sells are a great way to get a set for cheap if your just starting

stavros

16-04-2005 17:11:43

[quotee0c49c9c14="Bryan"][quotee0c49c9c14="FreeOffersNow"]I'd love a free set of golf clubs. I've actually never golfed, but alot of my friends do...and my mother (who works in a hospital) has often suggested that, as a management major, I take it up. Someone is going to have to teach me ([/quotee0c49c9c14]

I agree with the suggestion to wh0re yourself out on the For Trade forum, save up enough in PayPal, and buy a starter set. I see ads in the paper pretty much every week selling starter sets for $149 that come with two or three woods, 4-9 iron, pitching wedge and putter. These sets obviously aren't as good as, say a set of Nike Slingshots or TaylorMade RAC irons that go for $700+ for just the irons, but if you haven't played golf before you're not going to know the difference between a six iron and a nine iron anyways.

The thing you need to be aware of with golf though is that it's not a cheap sport, and if you let it, it can easily become an addiction. I've been playing for over a year now. I love the game... but sometimes I want to bend my clubs over my knee and then toss them in the water. So you need some disposable income and if you have anger management issues you may want to look into getting those taken care of before you kill someone or yourself over a stupid little white ball that just won't go where it's supposed to.

...end rant

Bryan[/quotee0c49c9c14]

Aye, it is an expensive sport, but we have a course around here that after 5 you can play 9 for $9. Nice little course in a neighborhood too, since I work during the day, great stress reliever after!

It's not necessarily the money for the clubs, since I make enough to go out and buy them, but it is so much sweeter knowing that I didn't pay for it and worked for it! I dunno about the whoring out for referrals, because

a. I'm damned near out on ones I can do
b. I'm damned near out on the ones that don't cost $30+!

Good advice from all though, thanks!