Which offer do i pick? I need your advice!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11501

abrock124

13-04-2005 00:14:19

I signed up for freeipods.com before i knew about these forums or anything so i was not a referral for anybody. Therefore i wanted to just wait until i got my 5 greens before i did an offer for myself. Well that time has come and my available offers are slim due to the many trades i have done.

here are my choices on freeipods.com. Let me know which one you think is best.

Zooba
Columbia House
Literary Guild
Cheap Trips
BMG
InkBlvd

I can do the credit card offers too but dont want to. What have your experiences been like with those offers above?

I appreciate any help! thanks.

mr0x

13-04-2005 00:18:29

[quote9096514639="abrock124"]I signed up for freeipods.com before i knew about these forums or anything so i was not a referral for anybody. Therefore i wanted to just wait until i got my 5 greens before i did an offer for myself. Well that time has come and my available offers are slim due to the many trades i have done.

here are my choices on freeipods.com. Let me know which one you think is best.

Zooba
Columbia House
Literary Guild
Cheap Trips
BMG
InkBlvd

I can do the credit card offers too but dont want to. What have your experiences been like with those offers above?

I appreciate any help! thanks.[/quote9096514639]

Zooba if you read. In Literay Guild, you have to choose from the pathetic list. And, BMG is slow to credit. Columbia House is going to be expensive as you have to buy a lot of DVDs in the next 2 years. I don't know anything about Cheap Trips or InkBlvd.

abrock124

13-04-2005 00:23:14

Yeah these offers suck. I used up all the good ones. In a perfect world they would add some really great offers tomorrow....but we all know that wont happen.

jhennson

13-04-2005 03:02:41

yeah i think they took off the StarRewardClub offer too...Luckily one of my refs did that on monday and another one on tuesday but now its gone

wood

13-04-2005 05:30:54

dont do literary guild.

you commit to buying another 4 books over the next two years.

and every month you have to decline the autoship program.

CronoDekar

13-04-2005 07:01:36

I like Zooba -- the commitment's not as big as the others (3 books total over a period of 3 months), and they've got pretty nice deals on their books anyway so if you're a book reader you may want to stick around anyway. Plus they're a true instant.

dcrainmaker

13-04-2005 07:37:26

I've done Columbia House and BMG and I think both are solid offers. I didn't have a problem getting credit for either, and there IS a trial period with both.

abrock124

13-04-2005 08:53:49

[quote1b019bdc00="dcrainmaker"]I've done Columbia House and BMG and I think both are solid offers. I didn't have a problem getting credit for either, and there IS a trial period with both.[/quote1b019bdc00]

with those two am i committed to some sort of thing where i have to buy x number of cd's or dvd's or whatever within a certain amount of time? Or when you say trial period to you mean that i can just sign up for a month or something and then be done with it?

abrock124

13-04-2005 08:55:12

Nevermind about BMG. Forget that one, it says it credits within 2-3 weeks.

dcrainmaker

13-04-2005 08:57:37

yes, if you decide to keep your membership, you are obligated to make more purchases.

you've got pm.

abrock124

14-04-2005 13:00:34

I went ahead and did the ZOOBA offer. I keep telling myself i need to start reading more so this will be a good chance to do that. Also, it was an INSTANT green. Not 5 seconds after i signed up i hit refresh on my freeipods.com status page and it was green. $30 over a period of 3 months wont be so bad, especially if i can actually find some good books. Thanks for all the suggestions though.