Gratis checks your referrals referrals?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11088

lakersin2025

07-04-2005 19:19:40

Here is the wording you get when you send it in for approval. Seems a little crazy that they would do that as it is not your fault or under your control who these guys have signing up for them

Your Status
You currently have the minimum number of referrals needed to get your FREE. One process we must perform is to approve your account, and comfirm all of your referrals as unique, valid, and have legitimately completed an offer. We also check your referrals' referrals[/color35ef6696db], and make sure all offers were done with no signs of fraud or abuse. If you referred someone who we find suspicious you may not receive credit for their referral. Some accounts will have 1 or 2 referrals that do not get approved, so you may want to refer extra friends to improve your chances of approval.

If you feel like you have completed all necessary steps according to the FULL requirements of our Terms & Conditions, then you may click the button below to request this approval. Once approved you will be able to order your FREE! Please note, however, that ANY type of abuse or attempts to fraud our free offer will be taken very seriously and may result in your account and/or your referrals being placed on HOLD status.

my04accord

07-04-2005 19:29:54

Yeh that is total bullshit. Unless of course someone is doing circular referrals.

pSeuDo

07-04-2005 19:31:13

never really liked gratis

EatChex89

07-04-2005 20:03:43

lmao. did they just add that? cuz i don't remember it.

dmorris68

07-04-2005 20:58:32

No, it's been there for as long as I can remember. They do it to make sure YOU aren't referring back to your referrals, i.e. the old circular referrals. But they don't just put you on hold if one of your referrals has a bad referral. Hell if they did that, probably NOBODY would get anything.

Armstrong

07-04-2005 21:11:56

It would be as endless of a check as the pyrimid setup...

jhennson

08-04-2005 00:55:33

[quotecb6e97a419="dmorris68"]No, it's been there for as long as I can remember. They do it to make sure YOU aren't referring back to your referrals, i.e. the old circular referrals. But they don't just put you on hold if one of your referrals has a bad referral. Hell if they did that, probably NOBODY would get anything.[/quotecb6e97a419]

so does it mean that you cant use the same referral that you have for example.... one ref went green for you on freeipods, and then you told them to also do freepsp. Will gratis cancel out that person since they already went green for you for freeipods?

dmorris68

08-04-2005 06:00:51

No, you can trade refs on different items -- that's fine. You just can't trade refs on the SAME offer, i.e. signup a fake name/address to refer your friend on an offer after he referred you on the same offer.

lakersin2025

08-04-2005 06:01:25

No, I think it means that say, if your friend signs up for your freeipod account and goes green, he then gets a shady guy from school to sign up for him, the shady guy goes red, and you get put on hold. Seems kind of unfair. I guess it's their way of scaring people by saying, "hey, don't get any shady people to sign up for you because it will affect me as well".

josiah296

08-04-2005 07:59:03

see, I've had probably 6 or so referrals suddenly get denied for me, but I've never been put on hold for it. Any idea what exactly has to happen with your referrals FOR your account to be placed on hold?

kwesi1

08-04-2005 13:31:09

It sounds like Gratis is just looking for reasons not to give out stuff...maybe their business model isn't working out quite as planned...

FreeOffersNow

09-04-2005 08:19:50

[quote1adc8c1be2="kwesi1"]It sounds like Gratis is just looking for reasons not to give out stuff...maybe their business model isn't working out quite as planned...[/quote1adc8c1be2]

You people are ridiculous. Say you bet on a game...and someone wins, but didn't follow the rules. Are you going to pay them?