2 Free Ipod Accessories

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1094

350zRoadster

03-10-2004 20:46:19

Hey guys I posted this over at gearlive, thought i'd do the same here. If you got your iPod already, then you can go to pokerbankroll.net to get 2 free accessories for the ipod. Choose between leather case, remote earbuds, itrip, or dock. Check it out if you want, no referalls, just download and make an account at pacific poker, make the minimum deposit, and get your shiz.

BlingKing

03-10-2004 20:49:13

or go to www.freeipodextras.com its zatch's website.

hacktek

03-10-2004 21:40:09

This has been posted already, look around

Hasshaus

04-10-2004 01:58:56

whats the minimum to deposit into the account?

zerf25

04-10-2004 03:55:47

I believe it's $20

mushybubbler

04-10-2004 07:13:35

Yeah thats really free...

mapStuart

04-10-2004 09:27:08

Well, you won't necessarily lose ALL $20 if you know what you're doing - some people might even make a few bucks... I'm not sure if Pacific Poker has any requirements for how long you have to keep your money in and whatnot...

BTW, I'm the one that started the other thread with pacificbankroll.net in the title (started it last week).

Hasshaus

04-10-2004 09:29:22

This seems like a scam. The webpage interface does at least. Has anyone actually tested this or could this be another "FreeiPodNow" kind of site, where it shows up one day and the next becomes a search engine where they just ran off with your money twisted

mapStuart

04-10-2004 10:14:43

Well, apparently they used to offer a free set of poker chips and on Gearlive and the shout box on freeipodguide I've seen folks who've said they received their chips. I haven't heard of anyone doing/receiving the iPod stuff. However, its very possibly legit since Poker sites pay a whole lot of dough for cash playing referrals...

jesterfx

05-10-2004 04:43:19

it's not a scam...well I guess this one person could decide to screw people but I highly doubt it. Pacific poker has a very high affiliate payout and if he gets people to sign up through his link, paying for two accessories is nothing ;).

It can be a pain getting your minimum $20 deposit in there though...At least for me it was. Both my bank cards (visa check cards) denied it since it was a gambling site. I had to use firepay which took a couple days to authorize through my bank. They charged about $3 or so so I put $25 in (which ended up costing me about $28 with their fee) but pacific poker give you a 25% deposit bonus so I ended up with about $30 in the account. I've been sucking and losing overall but it's been fun. Even if I end up losing it all, $28 is a pretty good deal for a dock and itrip ).

It might take up to a month and a half to get them (have to wait for them to get credit and their check before they order I believe) but not like I don't have to wait that damn long for my ipod (via gratis) or my iskin (via zatch) lol. Maybe in the end I will get it all right about xmas time and then die from exhaustion of all this stress/work/waiting lol.

350zRoadster

05-10-2004 06:48:41

haha, thats the attitude jest, nothing like having fun and getting free stuff in the process lol Good luck, keeps us posted!

mapStuart

05-10-2004 07:53:58

jester, I'm pretty much feeling the same way as you. At least, even if you lose it all, you had fun with it and you're getting two nice iPod accessories for over 50% off...

350zRoadster

07-10-2004 18:02:59

they got iskins now, for all those peeps that signed up or lookn to sign up

Hasshaus

10-10-2004 02:16:28

It isn't approving my deposits, what the fuck is up with that? evil

jesterfx

10-10-2004 06:56:22

[quote7523df68b2="Hasshaus"]It isn't approving my deposits, what the fuck is up with that? evil[/quote7523df68b2]Your bank/credit card probably automaticly blocks gambling sites...like mine does. I tried two differend cards and niether went through. I ended up having to set up an account with firepay and getting it authorized through my bank account. Took a couple days but after that I can add money to fire pay instantly and then intsantly transfer it over to paradise poker. Firepay does charge (I think about $4 for under $50 but dont remember the exact amount).

It's actually a pretty cool poker site and I will probably use it for a good amount of time. Getting some free stuff for signing up and putting only $20 in there is a very nice bonus ).

ipodsforfree

10-10-2004 09:16:14

How is the software..... does it put a bunch of bullshit on your PC? (Is it spyware/adware-free?)

jesterfx

10-10-2004 09:32:08

None that I have noticed at all. Though I have not run adaware since installing it. Seems to not cause any problems though.

Hasshaus

10-10-2004 10:58:26

What is Firepay? and also, have you gotten a response or anything from the people who are offering this deal after you e-mailed them?

jesterfx

10-10-2004 17:18:54

Firepay and Netteller are two online money transfer type sites. A lot of banks block gaming site but they will not block these "middle men" sites since they are not directly related to the gaming sites. Basicly you have to get your account verified...after signing up they will deposit a small amount of money into your bank acount and after that you have to go back to the site and put the exact amount that was deposited...usually takes a few days but it's how they know you are the owner of the bank account before they will allow you to make deposits through them. So after you do that you can transfer cash directly to them from your bank account. You then have immediate access to your cash on their site with the 16 digit credit card like number they give you which you use to add funds to the pacific poker site. Took a few days to get all set up but not it is very easy and fast any time I want to add money. They do charge a small fee (like an atm fee really) but I think it's under $4 for a $50 or less tranfer.

After you create an account and make your first cash deposit you are supposed to email that site with your info right away. Here is the reply I got

"Congratulations on completing the offer, I will let you know once
Pacific Poker gives us credit for your completed offer. It can usually
take a week or more. As for the referral program, I was going to email
you about that exact topic. For every person that you refer, that
completes the offer to its fullest and tells us that they were referred
by you, then you will receive $20. I will get in contact with you once
Pacific Poker credits your completion of the offer.

Best Regards,
Henry Khachatryan
PokerBankroll Support"

He never even said that there was any minimum amount of hand played or any minimum amount to be depostited (besides the obvious $20 pacific poker minimum, or was that firepays min...I forget lol. But I did $25 regardless). I assume that you can deposit the money, play a few hands then withdraw the money but not sure since he doesn't mention anything about it. I have personally been having fun playing although so far I have been losing overall lol. I actually sit and play poker at the small tables (5/10 now since I am low on cash in there lol) and at the same time click on sites for my traffic generating sites lol. makes it a lot more fun.

So I assume that we have to wait for him to get paid for our referral before he orders our stuff which is fine with me since I have to wait for my ipod anyway lol. If I read correctly they get paid on the 20th of the month so that should mean that if you sign up before the 20th you should be in that batch and he will get credit right away for you...but that is completely a guess and I am not even sure about the 20th. It's been about 5 days for me since I completed the requirements and have not gotten word that I got credited but I am not worried yet.

Oh and as he mentioned in that email, he himself will give referral credits if you refer someone so if any of my info helped make up your mind to try it out please let him know "Scilynt" convinced you to do it so I can get $20 from him ). Thanks in advance.

mapStuart

11-10-2004 16:15:03

An update on my account situation (I'm updating this thread instead of the one I started since this one got more traffic).

I received an email from Henry today saying

"Congratulations on completing the offer, you have been verified! Please allow 3-4 weeks for the shipment of your product as we will be receiving payment from the company shortly. I hope that this is understandable. Please let us know which two accessories you would like to receive. As soon as your order has been placed, you will receive an email letting you know.

Best Regards,
Henry Khachatryan
PokerBankroll Support"

I sent him a reply saying I wanted the Dock and an iSkin for a 20GB iPod. He promptly wrote back asking if he was correct in assuming the 4G 20GB iPod. So, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with him.

I've been enjoying Pacific Poker (play about 15 - 45 minutes a night) and overall I'm pretty much even (actually $2 down at the moment). Its been fun (I play a regular game every week at a friend's house, but online Hold'Em is RATHER different). Just got an email from Pacific Poker saying if I deposit at least $50 into my account I'll get a $25 bonus! I think I'll take them up on it and then just withdraw my $50 and play with their $25. You can't cash out bonus money until you've bet 20X the amount - so I'll have to bet a total of $500 over the course of time to be able to cash out that $25, but still - I'd rather play with their money than mine and who knows what might happen...

I'll update this thread when I hear my accessories are shipping.

jesterfx

11-10-2004 18:11:42

Just to keep everyone updated, I got the same email mapStuart did today. So at least they seem organized. I think we will just have to wait the long period because they wait to get paid before making the orders. But if I am correct about them getting paid on the 20th and they place our orders right away then it may be only a couple weeks wait ).

I ended up ordering 2 itrips. I am still not sure if I am going to try to trade my 20 in for a 40 so if I do then I won't need the dock and the skin size would be different...so right now it's just easier to just get 2 itrips ).

So far I am very happy with this experience...although I have lost about $40 playing poker (I guess I suck lol) but it has been a lot of fun and out of the few gaming sites I have tried in the past, I like this pacific poker the best. I have not tried to withdraw money yet (lol wont have to worry about that if I keep losing) but it seems like it would be an easy process. I do want to try out a couple of the tournaments that they have all the time since you can win some big money if you are good enough...or in my case lucky enough lol.

As long as pokerbankroll keeps their end of the deal (which they have been so far) then this was a very nice deal. For a minimum of $20 (which I guess you could withdraw in a few days if you wanted, but not sure if that would mess up your "requirements") you can get two new accessories. Not bad ).

To be honest, I wouldn't mind getting the poker chips they used to offer either. Been wanting a nice set of those for a while now but they are too expensive on ebay right now...or at least more than I want to pay lol.