Gratis is Fin pissin me off!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10915

cdsnwboard

05-04-2005 21:27:13

I completed the Real-Rhapsody on freeipodshuffle.com, on the 17th of March. Real.com sent me a confirmation email the same day, so I have proof.

Heres the problam
liGratis did not credit me for this offer and it has been more than 15 days. Here is the support ticket i opened with gratis-

I completed the Real-Rhapsody offer. It has been more than 15 days and I still dont have credit for it. Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 223152 -0800 To email==cdsnwboard@yahoo.comcdsnwboard@yahoo.com=cdsnwboard@yahoo.comcdsnwboard@yahoo.com/email From email==realonesupport@support.real.comrealonesupport@support.real.com=realonesupport@support.real.comrealonesupport@support.real.com/email Subject Your RealRhapsody Account Your Confirmation Thank you from Real. This email contains important information regarding your registration for RealRhapsody. Please print or save this email for your records. BILLING ADDRESS ORDER NUMBER 76736947 (name erased for privacy)(address erased for privacy)US ORDER DATE 2005-03-17 ITEM SERIAL NUMBER PRICE RealRhapsodyli -- US$0.00 Sub Total US$0.00 Shipping US$0.00 Taxlili US$0.00 Total US$0.00 liliApplicable US Sales Tax Only li RealRhapsody - You will not be charged for your participation in the RealRhapsody Trial if you cancel in the next 14 days. If you choose to continue your RealRhapsody membership, you will be charged at the rate of US$9.95 per month thereafter. Global Technical Support and Customer Service from RealNetworks The Global Technical Support and Customer Service web site is available at http//service.real.com. At this site you will find answers to frequently asked questions as well as hours of service, service phone numbers in both the US and Europe, and extensive Technical Support and Customer Service information. Thank you again for your purchase!

liHeres the response from Gratis

Our records show that you did not click on this offer on the stated day and since you compelted this offer from a different email address we are unable to give you credit.

I signed up for the offer using my yahoo email address, but I signed up for Freeipodshuffle with my hotmail address. And they are saying thats why i cant get the credit. Thats bullshit! They are trying to get out of giving credit.

EatChex89

05-04-2005 21:33:26

bullshit.

CoMpFrEaK

05-04-2005 21:34:43

just do another offer and quit complaining, i've been through worse times

purduesafety13

05-04-2005 21:40:32

I mean I don't want to be a dick about this, but why would you sign up using your different e-mail? You have to remember to make sure you do everything right....I even go as far as to make sure that my free account address matches the address I use for the offers....Come on now...

chillywilly

06-04-2005 06:34:40

Gratis assumes that most people that will sign up under their site with one email address that they will use the same email to do an offer.

Yes, most of us have multiple addresses, but at the same time, it's not that hard to keep track of what addresses you use for what offers. Using the same email - at least for the same branded sites (ie. Gratis) is something I've done from the beginning and so far, not a problem getting credit, even when I've had to apply for it.

adam254

06-04-2005 06:41:50

I agree, I created a Gmail account solely for all the free websites and because I also get hella spammed with other crap after completing my offers.

purduesafety13

06-04-2005 06:52:54

I have gotten one spam email and my spam blocker caught it!

oh5srt4

06-04-2005 07:02:23

Yeah...that's what you get for not using the same email. Your info has gotta match man! Just do another offer and quit crying...we've all been there, it happens.

chillywilly

06-04-2005 07:07:52

[quotedb2df8e2a0="purduesafety13"]I have gotten one spam email and my spam blocker caught it![/quotedb2df8e2a0]
That's good. My main email account, which i only use for ppl I converse with and know, gets a couple spams a month.

Meanwhile, my Yahoo account catches 98% of the spam in it's bulk mail folder and I don't think I've noticed that much increase in spam since I started doing these offers.

Legault

06-04-2005 07:50:11

I'd like to offer my sympathy, but that was a dumb move on your part.
Just learn from your mistake, they aren't to blame here.

dmorris68

06-04-2005 07:50:30

I thought it was understood that you should use the same address for completing offers. I just created a new gmail account and use it ONLY for the free sites and their offers.

purduesafety13

06-04-2005 08:08:09

i mean you have to be conscious of the fact that they are trying to catch cheaters and frauders on their system so you should do your best in trying not to give them doubt that you may be trying to cheat them as well...ya know? its all good, just do another offer with a matching e-mail!

cdsnwboard

06-04-2005 15:14:19

i knoe it was dumb to use my other email address to complete the offer, but this is the second offer i completed for that site. I think Gratis is purposely deing credit for Free offers. Cuz i completed Real-Rhapsody and Stamps.com, which dont charge u anything for the trial. Its complety free. So Gratis is doin this on purpose.

Legault

06-04-2005 15:18:15

No, they're doing it because you used a different e-mail.
Plenty of their offers are free, or damn cheap.

jadem

06-04-2005 15:30:38

I don't understand why they're getting their panties in a bunch of differing emails. I never used the same email to sign up for things. Then again, all my emails were something like "blah@myusername.endjunk.com" so they "matched" but weren't the same.

cdsnwboard

06-04-2005 15:38:22

UPDATE I completed my 3rd offer for freeipodshuffle.com, and finally got credit for the site. I did starclub-rewards. As soon as I entered my credit card info and clicked proceed, I got credit, so its instant. Even though it says 2-3 days on the gratis site. Im a little happier now, now just my last person needs to go green and i can request my shuffle. Hopefully everything goes smooth on Gratis's part, and I should have my 1st free item.