Warning - These Forums Not Open to Negative Opinion

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=79030

EndlessChris2

05-08-2009 20:18:11

My account on these forums was suddenly banned today. I can only assume it's due to my negative experience with Trainn, and my being very vocal in how they scammed me. Still, my experience is entirely factual and I was not spreading any malicious lies or anything of the sort. I can only assume this forum is at least moderated in part by members of Trainn or something of that sort.

I invite anyone to take a look at my former profile and see if I said anything worth being banned for - http//forum.freeipodguide.com/search.php?search_author=endlesschris

Just letting you know that if you're looking for an honest opinion on Transcendent Innovations, you won't find it here.

epignosis567

05-08-2009 21:07:21

[quote2dee30986a="EndlessChris2"]My account on these forums was suddenly banned today. I can only assume it's due to my negative experience with Trainn, and my being very vocal in how they scammed me. Still, my experience is entirely factual and I was not spreading any malicious lies or anything of the sort. I can only assume this forum is at least moderated in part by members of Trainn or something of that sort.

I invite anyone to take a look at my former profile and see if I said anything worth being banned for - http//forum.freeipodguide.com/search.php?search_author=endlesschris

Just letting you know that if you're looking for an honest opinion on Transcendent Innovations, you won't find it here.[/quote2dee30986a]

i feel i am speaking on behalf of all the users here when i say i would like to hear from the moderator regarding this issue.

JennyWren

06-08-2009 14:01:10

Anyone who has been around the freebie world for a while knows that TRAINN is likely the most reputable freebie network, and you kept insisting that it's a scam. It's not a scam, therefore your posts were misleading people with falsehoods. That's probably why you were banned.

Hm. I also wouldn't be surprised if you created the account 'epignosis567' to show support for your 'scam theory'. Not saying you DID, just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

If your referrals didn't get credit, it's up to THEM to resolve it, not you.

dmorris68

06-08-2009 17:44:12

Nobody on the staff here works for Trainn, nor are beholden to Trainn. I don't know why you were banned, but I can assure you it's not merely because you had a negative opinion -- look around, there's plenty of those here.

However, as Jenny noted and if memory serves, I've told you too -- Trainn is the opposite of scam. Mistakes happen, sure, but that does not indicate intent on their part... assuming this was a mistake on their part. Just because you didn't get your desired outcome does not make them a scam. As you could tell from the responses you got, Trainn is very highly regarded in this industry. NOBODY with a clue regards them as a scam, so you lost that argument before you even started it, and just made yourself look foolish.

Your second account is now banned also, because creating additional accounts, particularly with the intent to get around a ban, is itself a bannable offense.

epignosis567

06-08-2009 21:24:49

banning users is not an appropriate response to critics, and is itself a suspicious act. i would like to see this users issue be addressed and resolved by trainn, as it would seem from the previous posts alan is aware of his account and the reasons for it's closure.
banning a user is suspicious. allowing for open dialogue in order that a trainn rep may present their side would be a proper way of dealing with his complaint. not allowing for that sheds harsh light on trainn and the integrity of this forum, regardless of how many posts there are saying trainn is legit.
as i have said before, my experience with trainn so far has gone according to the rules and timetables, though pushing the boundaries of such, as i have required mcr's for nearly all of my referrals. however, the behavior on this forum has raised suspicions and added to my impatience with trainn's lack of correspondence and customer credit. it would be best for all parties involved to see this resolved. as far as i can tell the user has not been spamming people or posting anything to incite anger with trainn, until his questions went unanswered and he had been banned. i as a user value his posts stating that 7 months after the fact he had still not received anything from trainn. it's great that all the regualr users on this forum know for a fact that trainn is legit, but you'll have to excuse newbies like myself who come looking for posts of others experiences and opinions.

manOFice

07-08-2009 08:03:57

[quoteae7ae6ea72="epignosis567"]banning users is not an appropriate response to critics, and is itself a suspicious act. i would like to see this users issue be addressed and resolved by trainn, as it would seem from the previous posts alan is aware of his account and the reasons for it's closure.
banning a user is suspicious. allowing for open dialogue in order that a trainn rep may present their side would be a proper way of dealing with his complaint. not allowing for that sheds harsh light on trainn and the integrity of this forum, regardless of how many posts there are saying trainn is legit.
as i have said before, my experience with trainn so far has gone according to the rules and timetables, though pushing the boundaries of such, as i have required mcr's for nearly all of my referrals. however, the behavior on this forum has raised suspicions and added to my impatience with trainn's lack of correspondence and customer credit. it would be best for all parties involved to see this resolved. as far as i can tell the user has not been spamming people or posting anything to incite anger with trainn, until his questions went unanswered and he had been banned. i as a user value his posts stating that 7 months after the fact he had still not received anything from trainn. it's great that all the regualr users on this forum know for a fact that trainn is legit, but you'll have to excuse newbies like myself who come looking for posts of others experiences and opinions.[/quoteae7ae6ea72]

Account issues should not be asked or addressed on the forum and should be handled through support tickets.

epignosis567

07-08-2009 11:56:31

correct. i think his posts were status updates on those support tickets.

JennyWren

07-08-2009 22:50:25

Still not the place to do it. Support can be slow sometimes but it truly is the best way to get a resolution.

omo

09-10-2009 02:36:58

First, I'd like to say that I have had positive experiences with TRAINN, but I'm also disturbed that someone was banned for sharing their negative experiences.

This forum is filled with those touting positive experiences -- it seems only fair that those who have had negative experiences should be able to share them here as well. Otherwise the forum serves as a promotional vehicle for the sites.

All the more so when some of the sub-forums have post after post from the owners of the sites proclaiming how great they are.

I think, as long as the negative experience is explained clearly and not simply a rant with libelous accusations, they should be fair game.

Disturbed and Concerned,

Omo

CollidgeGraduit

09-10-2009 06:28:27

[quoted84d9e1cab="omo"]Disturbed and Concerned[/quoted84d9e1cab]

Really?[/sized84d9e1cab] roll

JennyWren

09-10-2009 07:29:15

He wasn't banned for having negative opinions (this isn't FLR). He was banned for disobeying forum rules, disregarding the moderators, and creating multiple accounts.

epignosis567

09-10-2009 12:13:58

yes, but in all fairness he only created the second account becuz the first was banned, for reason that are controversial. i'm with omo.

CollidgeGraduit

09-10-2009 17:53:41

[quote984c03a914="epignosis567"]yes, but in all fairness he only created the second account becuz the first was banned, for reason that are controversial. i'm with omo.[/quote984c03a914]

http//www.deviantart.com/download/95599755/NOBODY_CARES_by_AquaticFishy.png[" alt=""/img984c03a914]

epignosis567

10-10-2009 10:21:29

and not suprisingly CollidgeGraduit makes my point for me...

CollidgeGraduit

11-10-2009 05:16:00

[quote2ba2de16f3="epignosis567"]and not suprisingly CollidgeGraduit makes my point for me...[/quote2ba2de16f3]

Okay, please list all the reasons the user was banned in the first place. Please note that there ARE reasons that you would have no way of knowing about.

epignosis567

11-10-2009 09:40:38

well then you list them.
duh...

zr2152

11-10-2009 11:16:51

[quote406138f9a7="epignosis567"]well then you list them.
duh...[/quote406138f9a7]

If you don't like how this forum operates then leave. Trust me, this forum is the most lenient of all the freebie forums. If he was banned, he was banned for a good reason. You shouldn't need a list of reasons.

epignosis567

11-10-2009 16:12:11

not a list.
just one legitimate reason.
and in case you haven't noticed i'm not the only person on here wanting to know. so you telling me to leave wouldn't solve the situation and is in itself a personal attack. which is also a ban-able offense.

zr2152

11-10-2009 19:40:41

[quotefcec2f0fcd="epignosis567"]not a list.
and in case you haven't noticed i'm not the only person on here wanting to know. so you telling me to leave wouldn't solve the situation and is in itself a personal attack. which is also a ban-able offense.[/quotefcec2f0fcd]

haha says the guy who has only been here for 3 months. Dude, i didn't ask you to leave. I said "If you don't like how this forum operates then leave." Simple as that. Trust me, I've been banned before and for a good reason. Yes, you leaving would solve the situation.

epignosis567

12-10-2009 06:45:28

Way to dodge the question...
Banned before eh? And created a new account did you? If I remember correctly multiple accounts are a ban-able offense too. Especially if you're creating them to get around a banned account.
I believe that's what this thread is about.

CollidgeGraduit

12-10-2009 07:26:49

[quote3d60e36e4f="epignosis567"]Way to dodge the question...
Banned before eh? And created a new account did you? If I remember correctly multiple accounts are a ban-able offense too. Especially if you're creating them to get around a banned account.
I believe that's what this thread is about.[/quote3d60e36e4f]

No, he did not create a second account. He is still using his first and only account.

tylerc

12-10-2009 08:15:33

[quotec12ab403e8="epignosis567"]not a list.
and in case you haven't noticed i'm not the only person on here wanting to know. so you telling me to leave wouldn't solve the situation and is in itself a personal attack. which is also a ban-able offense.[/quotec12ab403e8]

This is not a democracy, it's a fucking internet forum; get over it.

epignosis567

12-10-2009 10:59:18

get over what? it sounds like you're the one that needs to get over things.
and concerns about transparency and reliability are fundamental issues to any forum which takes itself seriously and hopes to sustain a dialogue.
so you "get over it" pal.

zr2152

12-10-2009 14:30:58

[quote675f2eda23="CollidgeGraduit"][quote675f2eda23="epignosis567"]Way to dodge the question...
I believe that's what this thread is about.[/quote675f2eda23]

No, he did not create a second account. He is still using his first and only account.[/quote675f2eda23]

3 day bad )

epignosis567

12-10-2009 15:12:26

i'm done arguing about some jerk with some other jerks.
the user posted negative feedback about trainn, of which there is little.
he was banned.
he created a second account to notify forum users that he was banned.
he was banned again.
those are the facts.
i really don't care at all about this. and there are obviously several users viewing this forum who would like to know why this user was banned for suspicious reasons, and so it goes without saying that there are several more people viewing this forum who read this thread and also find it suspicious but don't post for whatever reason. it would be in the best interest of trainn, the forum, the moderators, the users, and the general viewer that the reasons for his acct being closed are elucidated and to put an end to the bickering.
as for me, i don't care. and if anyone has a problem with that YOU can be the one to leave. as it is now i will continue to post about my own personal experiences with trainn.

zr2152

12-10-2009 15:59:35

[quotea899a871fd="epignosis567"]i'm done arguing about some jerk with some other jerks.
he was banned.
he was banned again.
those are the facts.
i really don't care at all about this. and there are obviously several users viewing this forum who would like to know why this user was banned for suspicious reasons, and so it goes without saying that there are several more people viewing this forum who read this thread and also find it suspicious but don't post for whatever reason. it would be in the best interest of trainn, the forum, the moderators, the users, and the general viewer that the reasons for his acct being closed are elucidated and to put an end to the bickering.
as for me, i don't care. and if anyone has a problem with that YOU can be the one to leave. as it is now i will continue to post about my own personal experiences with trainn.[/quotea899a871fd]

For every 10000 satisfied customers for any business, there are always a few that are not satisfied. Sorry it has to be you.

JennyWren

12-10-2009 17:46:11

[quote0a2e8b27c0="epignosis567"]i'm done arguing about some jerk with some other jerks.
he was banned.
he was banned again.
those are the facts [b0a2e8b27c0]that I know about[/b0a2e8b27c0].
as for me, i don't care. and if anyone has a problem with that YOU can be the one to leave. as it is now i will continue to post about my own personal experiences with trainn.[/quote0a2e8b27c0]

fix'd

zr2152

12-10-2009 18:09:12

[quote9c56b17eec="JennyWren"][quote9c56b17eec="epignosis567"]i'm done arguing about some jerk with some other jerks.
he was banned.
he was banned again.
those are the facts [b9c56b17eec]that I know about[/b9c56b17eec].
as for me, i don't care. and if anyone has a problem with that YOU can be the one to leave. as it is now i will continue to post about my own personal experiences with trainn.[/quote9c56b17eec]

fix'd[/quote9c56b17eec]

but Jenny..he wants a list!

epignosis567

12-10-2009 18:30:29

ok smartass. first of all i honestly do not care about the issue at all, so i am not a dissatisfied customer (nor a customer at all, this is a forum). but rather than pretending that there is some sort of damning evidence, the release of which would jeopardize national security, and whose existence can only be hinted at, why not lay all the cards on the table. because it's quite clear that the guy himself did not know about this gold mine of incriminating data that it would seem everyone on this forum except the users asking why he was banned is privy to.
otherwise shut up, because like i said, i don't care. you're turning this into a much larger issue and it is further damaging the reputation of a company and forum you claim legit by nebbishy refusing to confront the issue with anything more that hearsay and childish antics.

epignosis567

12-10-2009 18:44:37

furthermore, having read back over the original thread that this one is regarding, there probably was valid cause for his trainn account being banned. that does not however mean that he should have been banned from the forum for voicing his opinion.

why i'm wasting my time talking to you people about it remains a mystery though...

omo, he was probably banned from trainn for violating the t&c. and he was probably banned from here becuz these guys are freebie nazis.
case closed.

zr2152

12-10-2009 19:05:06

[quote54e0bdf33b="epignosis567"]furthermore, having read back over the original thread that this one is regarding, there probably was valid cause for his trainn account being banned. [b54e0bdf33b]that does not however mean that he should have been banned from the forum for voicing his opinion.[/b54e0bdf33b]

why i'm wasting my time talking to you people about it remains a mystery though...

omo, he was probably banned from trainn for violating the t&c. and he was probably banned from here becuz these guys are freebie nazis.
case closed.[/quote54e0bdf33b]

Dude...you need to understand that he was not banned for voicing his opinion. If you would read a little, many people have voiced their opinions about certain networks here (in a negative view) and have not been banned. As stated by the mods earlier in this thread, he was banned for reasons only known to the mods. I can assure you, he was not banned for voicing his opinion. Maybe he was banned for sending harassing messages to Alan on here or even to other members. [b54e0bdf33b]Trust me[/b54e0bdf33b], he was banned for a good reason.