Netflix - Don't bother...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74219

free_iphone

03-03-2008 13:31:01

Netflix is supposed to be credited about a week after you end your trial membership and have paid for your first month's membership, according to Transcendent Innovations. They estimate credit should be given in 22 days. I've been waiting about a month for my credit. I decided to call Netflix directly and they said you have to be a paying member for 7-8 weeks before they will give you credit. If I had of known that, I would have NEVER signed up. I'm all about immediate gratification...

How long did it take to get YOUR credit from Netflix?

Twon

03-03-2008 15:49:04

why would you sign up for it if you weren't interested in it?

free_iphone

04-03-2008 06:09:29

Uhhhh.... Because I wanted 50 points? All I am saying is that you should avoid this offer unless you are willing to wait 7-8 weeks to get your credit.

dmorris68

04-03-2008 11:15:24

And that is called offer fraud. Further discussion of which can not only get you banned from here, but also barred/DQ'd from most all freebie sites.

You sign up for offers you are genuinely interested in trying, and possibly keeping, period. Planning ahead of time to cancel a trial is evidence of non-interest and thus, fraud.

free_iphone

04-03-2008 13:06:25

Lighten up, Francis... Where exactly did I say I was "Planning ahead of time to cancel"?

My beef is with Transcendent Innovations stating that credit is given in 22 days when in reality it is 7-8 weeks. THAT sounds like fraud to me...

BTW, if it weren't for this stupid promo, I would have cancelled Netflix before the trial period ended. Two out of the first three DVD's I rented were scratched so bad they would not play correctly.

Trainn-Alan

04-03-2008 17:37:24

Netflix does not take 7-8 weeks to report back to us. If it did, that would be the time listed as there would be no benefit to us listing 22 days since it would only lead to numerous posts like this and unnecessary emails and support tickets.

The customer service agents at Netflix, or other advertisers, are not aware of the details of these programs or your accounts on our sites.

The Netflix offer does typically credit within 22 days, however, an offer sign-up reporting can be delayed or not reported for a number of reasons. As yours has been longer then 22 days, I'd advise you to file a missing credit request for it and we will attempt to manually verify the sign-up.

Alan

Hoss2626

06-03-2008 14:29:14

I didn't have any trouble with Netflix... it just takes awhile is all.

TravMan162

08-03-2008 11:55:30

[quote208bfdc633="free_iphone"]Lighten up, Francis... Where exactly did I say I was "Planning ahead of time to cancel"?[/quote208bfdc633]

hmmm, let's see if i can find out where you said that.......

[quote208bfdc633="free_iphone"]I decided to call Netflix directly and they said you have to be a paying member for 7-8 weeks before they will give you credit. If I had of known that, I would have NEVER signed up. I'm all about immediate gratification...[/quote208bfdc633]

ummmm, there. and....

[quote208bfdc633="Twon"]why would you sign up for it if you weren't interested in it?[/quote208bfdc633]

[quote208bfdc633="free_iphone"]Uhhhh.... Because I wanted 50 points?[/quote208bfdc633]

There...... You said it twice. Quit denying.

Meanwhile, something you may be interested in is the RedBox from Stop and Shop. I tried the Blockbuster offer, but I didn't like it really. Especially when I found the RedBox. $1 rentals. I'll never have to sign up for Netflix now D

unknown uchiha

11-03-2008 11:08:24

[quote9611896096="free_iphone"]Netflix is supposed to be credited about a week after you end your trial membership and have paid for your first month's membership, according to Transcendent Innovations. They estimate credit should be given in 22 days. I've been waiting about a month for my credit. I decided to call Netflix directly and they said you have to be a paying member for 7-8 weeks before they will give you credit. If I had of known that, I would have NEVER signed up. I'm all about immediate gratification...

How long did it take to get YOUR credit from Netflix?[/quote9611896096]

First of all, you never had intention to try out Netflix. You even claimed you signed up JUST to get fifty points. That should be grounds for your account being disqualified, and Trainn-Alan is nice enough to let you file for manual credit.

Second of all, you should know better than to call the offer themselves and ask them about something independent of their doing. Netflix does not deal directly with Trainn or any other freebie network. What they do is they use an affiliate company in order to get paid for these clicks, and THOSE companies deal with Netflix directly.

You're about instant gratification? Then you should've known that it takes up to twenty-two days to sign up. It didn't say INSTANT CREDIT now, did it? No, it did not.

Don't deny that you were trying to fraud this offer. You deserve to go red. You didn't even give Netflix a try. It is by far the best movie rental service. Blockbuster is decent with its in-store exchanges, but nothing compares to a wider selection and the ability to watch movies online. Redbox is neat, but for $1 per day I'd rather not bother.

Xplic1T

03-05-2008 16:19:25

[quotef0c6b064ce="unknown uchiha"][quotef0c6b064ce="free_iphone"]Netflix is supposed to be credited about a week after you end your trial membership and have paid for your first month's membership, according to Transcendent Innovations. They estimate credit should be given in 22 days. I've been waiting about a month for my credit. I decided to call Netflix directly and they said you have to be a paying member for 7-8 weeks before they will give you credit. If I had of known that, I would have NEVER signed up. I'm all about immediate gratification...

How long did it take to get YOUR credit from Netflix?[/quotef0c6b064ce]

First of all, you never had intention to try out Netflix. You even claimed you signed up JUST to get fifty points. That should be grounds for your account being disqualified, and Trainn-Alan is nice enough to let you file for manual credit.

Second of all, you should know better than to call the offer themselves and ask them about something independent of their doing. Netflix does not deal directly with Trainn or any other freebie network. What they do is they use an affiliate company in order to get paid for these clicks, and THOSE companies deal with Netflix directly.

You're about instant gratification? Then you should've known that it takes up to twenty-two days to sign up. It didn't say INSTANT CREDIT now, did it? No, it did not.

Don't deny that you were trying to fraud this offer. You deserve to go red. You didn't even give Netflix a try. It is by far the best movie rental service. Blockbuster is decent with its in-store exchanges, but nothing compares to a wider selection and the ability to watch movies online. Redbox is neat, but for $1 per day I'd rather not bother.[/quotef0c6b064ce]

What is everybodies po today ... the customer wanted to try the service to get his 50 points which means without that offer he wouldn't have wanted to try the service but since he was going to get credit here it was worth it for him. It was not fraud in any sense because he clearly wasn't happy with the service thus canceling it. You cannot assume he was just a frauder because u business owners are still getting a check from the company in most cases and all that profit the company gets from there "red" credits. Its true a lot of the time.

He wasn't happy with the service thus cancelling and the freebie company should still hold on to there side of the deal. Sorry ... the customer wasn't happy thats no reason not to credit him. I loved reading Alans post because hes the only right business man posting in this thread.

Ohh btw, good to see you again unknown uchiha D

TravMan162

04-05-2008 09:12:17

um, this was settled two months ago, but since you brought it back up agaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.................

Everything you just said is ridiculous. It's making excuses for people that want to fraud an offer. For example. Would I have any use for a 20-minute facial??? NO. But shit, they're offering me fifty points to do it, wow, now I have an interest in it, don't I? Hmmmmm.. I filled out my offer and I never received credit for it. I am therefore dissatisfied as a customer and am CANCELING MY TRIAL. But that's okay, because I wasn't happy with the service, right???

Uh huh.

The deal is you pick an offer you are interested in regardless of the amounts of credits you get. When you fill it out, you get credit and then give the product a try. With your shitty logic, the sole purpose of filling out a trial offer is to get credit, and any problems with the crediting (which is controlled by a third party and has nothing to do with the Trial company itself) is means to cancel your membership.

A.K.A. stop defending the scammers. 50 points is not a reason to sign up for an offer. You're not signing up cuz it's "worth it to you," you're signing up because you were interested in the service. Netflix is not your sugar daddy.

JennyWren

04-05-2008 14:33:30

Besides, Netflix is one of the best offers out there. I'm going to miss it when I move back to Canada.

samz465

04-05-2008 23:27:33

Why are you moving to Canada?