Interesting referral situations

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=69738

opy01

25-09-2007 06:49:33

I am new here and happy to find a still active forum. I have two quick questions. Here are three situations I have encountered and would like some clarification.

I logged onto my account from my brother-in-laws house to show him how the referral thing worked. He signed up on 8-21 but did not complete an offer because of the credit card thing. A week later I finally convinced him to do it and so he did the stamps.com offer. He still has not received credit and is trying to contact Trainn now to get it taken care of.

I went to a friends house and got him to sign up for a different offer and then his brother-in-law wanted in on it too so he signed up under my friend right after that. Me and my friend got credit but his brother-in-law did not.

My first question is if someone logs onto one of the offer sites and get a friend to sign up does this screw up the account? I would think at long as they are registered to different names and addresses that would be fine. I know it says something about this in the rules but if he explains the stiuation to support can they fix it?

Then I had several people sign up for my site and wait a few days to complete an offer but it never showed up as completed.

If you sign up for a site then a few days later complete the offer shouldnt the offer show completed within the given time? I think every person that did not sign up instantly had this problem.

EditBy the way I have received 2 things from Trainn and I love the service. I have never been able to get any of these things to work until I found Trainn.

kidd2108

25-09-2007 17:38:09

[quote9843d93f96="opy01"]
My first question is if someone logs onto one of the offer sites and get a friend to sign up does this screw up the account? I would think at long as they are registered to different names and addresses that would be fine. I know it says something about this in the rules but if he explains the stiuation to support can they fix it?

[/quote9843d93f96]

You answered your first question yourself. Its in the rules/TOS. you cant have your account signing up or logging in from different computers. Trainn is very understandable as opposed to other networks, but you should still explain your situation. I think they will tell you that your brother will no longer count as a referal and dont complete an offer under him.

opy01

26-09-2007 07:38:36

I dont even need his referral since I have 22 and only needed 14. The thing is he has already gotten 9 people as referrals and only needs one more to get his item and he filled out the missing credit report but they have not contacted him yet. I have had this same problem from other people also but I have never been to their house. It seems to be that if they sign up on the Trainn referral site then decide to go back later and complete an offer they dont get the credit.

jeagle82

26-09-2007 08:42:06

[quote9331a094db="opy01"]It seems to be that if they sign up on the Trainn referral site then decide to go back later and complete an offer they dont get the credit.[/quote9331a094db]

No, this would not happen. In theory, I could sign up for a Trainn site and then wait 3 months to complete an offer and once the offer is completed correctly, I should receive credit for it within the given time period.

opy01

26-09-2007 09:25:01

I have had several people message me about the stamps.com not going through though. It must be another issue then.