Offer Credit Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66701

Iz

16-07-2007 19:59:32

Hey, recently I signed up and completed the Stamps.com offer, but have not received credit for it yet (its been a day, it said it should be awarded instantly, but I'll give it some time; then I'll report the credit request form after the 7 days).

But, my question is, they say the advertised site notifies Trainn when I have completed the offer, but how does the advertised site (in this case Stamps.com) know I came from Trainn?

fordprefect

16-07-2007 20:12:57

When you click on an offer the url has a unique id in it and your browser will get a cookie that will tell the offer site where you came from. This is why it's important to lower your privacy settings as well as clear your cookies and internet cache before doing each offer.

Brennan

Iz

16-07-2007 22:06:06

Ah thanks, I wonder if it has to do with that a few months ago one of my family members needed some stamps and created her own account and printed some stamps at stamps.com...so when I registered for my own trial, it didn't give me the $5 free postage...but I did end up buying $10 more postage and printing it so I still should receive credit...I guess I just have to file a no credit received?

Which, btw, anyone who's filed one of these before, how long does it usually take them to respond and confirm credit?

nomadant

17-07-2007 12:23:55

If your family member used the same computer with the same address and same credit card info well then it's considered a duplicate account and you will not receive credit.

Iz

17-07-2007 12:34:52

Even if i bought $10 extra postage and printed AGAIN with a different name and email address?

zr2152

17-07-2007 13:39:17

My GF did stamps a little over a week ago and it never credited. She will also be submitting a no credit report tonight.

nomadant

17-07-2007 14:48:55

[quote55d7989dc8="Iz"]Even if i bought $10 extra postage and printed AGAIN with a different name and email address?[/quote55d7989dc8]

Yes, I'm pretty sure because it's still the same household.

Iz

17-07-2007 14:57:44

Ah, I wonder...

Anyway, after a couple back and forth emails with the Stamps.com customer support, I found out that Stamps.com does not contact Trainn about the registration and completed offer until AFTER the trial session is completed, which is 30 days long!

I guess I'm just going to have to wait until sunday to manual credit

Just a heads up to everyone who's done the Stamps.com offer

zr2152

17-07-2007 16:30:54

[quote720ad92040="Iz"]Ah, I wonder...

Anyway, after a couple back and forth emails with the Stamps.com customer support, I found out that Stamps.com does not contact Trainn about the registration and completed offer until AFTER the trial session is completed, which is 30 days long!

I guess I'm just going to have to wait until sunday to manual credit

Just a heads up to everyone who's done the Stamps.com offer[/quote720ad92040]

That's gay, when I did the offer they credited instant for me. I guess that she will have to submit a manual tonight.

Trainn-Alan

17-07-2007 17:41:27

Unfortunately, if an account was previously opened from your household, credit would not be provided as they would see that as a duplicate account.

[quote83dd5c3cea="Iz"]Ah, I wonder...

Anyway, after a couple back and forth emails with the Stamps.com customer support, I found out that Stamps.com does not contact Trainn about the registration and completed offer until AFTER the trial session is completed, which is 30 days long! [/quote83dd5c3cea]

That's not true. The requirements are to register and try the service by printing postage.

Alan

zr2152

17-07-2007 17:47:14

[quote9ebea55e1c="Trainn-Alan"]Unfortunately, if an account was previously opened from your household, credit would not be provided as they would see that as a duplicate account.

[quote9ebea55e1c="Iz"]Ah, I wonder...

Anyway, after a couple back and forth emails with the Stamps.com customer support, I found out that Stamps.com does not contact Trainn about the registration and completed offer until AFTER the trial session is completed, which is 30 days long! [/quote9ebea55e1c]

That's not true. The requirements are to register and try the service by printing postage.

Alan[/quote9ebea55e1c]

Alan, any reason as to why it might not be crediting besides the user?

Iz

17-07-2007 18:14:33

[quote9fb648cd0d="Trainn-Alan"]That's not true. The requirements are to register and try the service by printing postage.

Alan[/quote9fb648cd0d]

Well here's what I got in the email

[quote9fb648cd0d]Please note that Stamps.com contacts affiliate once the trial period has
been completed.
[/quote9fb648cd0d]

Don't they have to notify you that I did the requirements?