Referral on same machine logged in from?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59740

xigxag

15-04-2007 13:06:27

Just remembered recently I was only 2 refs away from a 360 I started a year ago shock

Anyway, I was at my friend's place and he wants to do a referral for me. I had logged into my account from his computer to get the ref code and whatnot. Then I started thinking maybe that was a bad idea for him to do an offer as a ref when I just logged into my account from the same machine/ip address.

Can anyone confirm if this is cause for concern? Can I clear it with Trainn first possibly?

Neo8234

15-04-2007 13:16:05

I think you're probably OK just as long as nobody else has signed up for offers from that IP (including yourself)

moviemadnessman

15-04-2007 14:34:00

You would be in trouble if you log in on his computer, even to get your ref link. Trainn might see that as suspicious when another account is created linking to yours from that IP, and you would almost certainly be placed on hold.
[quotec79de91a2d="Neo8234"]I think you're probably OK just as long as nobody else has signed up for offers from that IP (including yourself)[/quotec79de91a2d]
Neo...that would be correct. However, he wants his friend to sign up and be a referral for him, which involves doing an offer or two.

Hope all this helps.

Trainn-Alan

15-04-2007 14:40:26

If you're just logging it, you'll be fine.

Alan