Seattle Coffee Direct

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53913

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 02:20:05

I was wondering if anyone has done this offer. I did it to try and satisfy my requirement for 3604Free.com, and it said that it generally credits in a day, but that was on Sunday.

I'm not really worried, but the problem is that I called and canceled with them late on Monday, after it should have credited. At no point did I even receive a single email from them not for joining, the trial offer, or even canceling. The only proof I have currently for the offer is my click history showing I clicked on that offer, and the pending charge on my credit card.

I plan on waiting at least until the end of the day before opening a support ticket, but I have to ask how likely it is to get credit for an offer that you did, when it doesn't credit and you never received any information from them? I figured it would have credited by the time I canceled, but it hasn't, and now I'm wondering if I'll have to do yet another offer, or is it likely that it will somehow still credit?

Anyone done this offer at all?

Thanks.

dmorris68

13-02-2007 04:35:11

Well, first of all, it's unlikely you'll get credit with no confirmation e-mail.

But most importantly, cancellation of an offer the day after you complete it, before receiving anything, is a huge no-no. It's an indication that you had no real interest in the offer, and violates the terms & conditions of virtually every site. We don't discuss cancellations here, but suffice to say if you intend to succeed in the so-called freebie hobby, you have to be prepared to spend money on offers that interest you, and not cancel every one immediately.

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 07:06:22

I am prepared to spend money. The only reason it happened this way was because there was a hidden cost to the trial that is not up front.

Thanks for the info, though.

hehehhehe

13-02-2007 11:18:25

The terms are generally disclosed in the Terms and Conditions (who knew?), although I admit Seattle Coffee is not very forthcoming. When I did it, I think they really pushed a free or really cheap trial, but in the terms they say they charge you about $35. Their customer support was nice and helpful though.

I didn't keep this one but I kept boca java from DIY last year.

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 11:29:36

[quotea4c7027bbc="hehehhehe"]The terms are generally disclosed in the Terms and Conditions (who knew?), although I admit Seattle Coffee is not very forthcoming. When I did it, I think they really pushed a free or really cheap trial, but in the terms they say they charge you about $35. Their customer support was nice and helpful though.

I didn't keep this one but I kept boca java from DIY last year.[/quotea4c7027bbc]

Yeah ... I was just surprised it wasn't on the front page like almost every other offer ... But, everything is fixed now, so nothing to worry about.

dmorris68

13-02-2007 16:34:58

Haven't tried Seattle Coffee yet either, but still subscribe to both Gevalia and Boca Java from I-Deal offers I did about a year ago. )

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 17:12:06

It doesn't seem like a bad offer if you like coffee (as I do), but signing up thinking you are paying one price then getting a charge for nearly four times that amount is a little dismal. That's what stood out as odd ... that, and the fact that I never got an email about it.

Like I said, though, it is all taken care of now.

unknown uchiha

13-02-2007 18:50:12

Boca Java is good! I got the coffeemaker and coffee (with free crackers) for like $10. I still haven't tried it yet though -.- Oh how lazy I am...

gator1002

03-03-2007 08:51:04

I also get baca jave Im drinking it at this moment I also did seatle coffee and the charge on the confirmation e-mail was $16.90 but they charged my cc $35.00 when I called they said oopps and credited back the differance looks like this may be a commen practice with them

laurelwm

06-03-2007 17:48:12

Boca Java is really good, Ashley & Cooper was good, and I recently signed up to try Premium Coffee Club. But Seattle Direct trying to pass it off as a $9.95 offer then charging $25 S&H was unreal and I decided it wasn't worth trying.

Another deliberately misleading one like that is the poster one that offers 4 posters for $9.95. They have really nice posters, but then they want $25 S&H..........

Laurel