Question for Freebie Websites

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49256

MechSpike

02-12-2006 11:32:26

My friend taught me how to use freebie websites and he told me most people when they fill out the offers use fake information and I read somewhere that it isn't good to do this. Is that a bad thing or does the company not care since you are giving them your money anyways when you sign up for their trials? And can't you get a lot of junk mail/email if you were to do this. I'm all new to this so I am just wondering.

wutang banga

02-12-2006 13:17:04

you cannot use fake info to complete a site, you will get disqualified

MechSpike

02-12-2006 13:28:58

Okay, well he learned from a friend who always used fake information. He was never disqualified from a website? Was he just never caught? I heard he has been doing it for a long time now, so long he uses his friends computers to get on and get himself more stuff so they don't log his IP. Like I said I am not familiar with all the rules about this stuff so I wasn't sure what is needed and what not. Plus, I heard if you fill out the same information for the same offers on different sites they lock your account because they know you have done it before. So that means you can only basically do one offer per site. Don't most of them use the same offers? How does everyone use so many sites if they list their real information and avoid doing the same offers it would seem nearly impossible. I have only done one website for free stuff.

Excel

02-12-2006 15:51:25

There are alot of offers you can do, over 100 in most places. And if you're friend uses fake info, hes lucky because most of the time you DO get caught.

MechSpike

02-12-2006 23:42:05

Okay...I still don't quite understand...because wouldn't they lock your account if you used the same info on the same offer on two different sites. For instance if you went onto yournintendowii4free.com and signed up for stamps.com with your real info and all. Then went on to prizes4points.com and signed up for the same offer with your real info. Wouldn't they lock your account because your the same person trying the same thing...I mean I just don't understand I feel super noob but I feel like pple are avoiding this question because when I was taught it was explained to me that it's completely common to do that, in fact I was told if you DO give them your real info and use it more than once on the same offer it won't work. My friend has done 12 different free sites and he has ALWAYS used fake info...and he never had problems with it. I have heard of people on here doing several of these free sites. I know that they all have a lot of offers but most of the sites have roughly the same ones. So let's just hypothetically say X amount of free sites have 100 offers all roughly the same. If you do 15 offers for each freebie site and give them your real info on each you can't cross offers on any of the sites or they will lock your account. So you would constantly have to monitor each offer you do. It's hard to even follow them because a lot look the same. AND how would they know if it's fake info anyways? Sorry for so many questions but my other friend has been kinda bugging me about legal issues when it comes to this free stuff and it just gets me thinking about all this.

JennyWren

03-12-2006 03:37:41

[quote418da138c7="MechSpike"]If you do 15 offers for each freebie site and give them your real info on each you can't cross offers on any of the sites or they will lock your account. [/quote418da138c7]

Most sites only require you to do one offer, not 15.

The way all of us here (at least those of us who aren't abusing the system) do it is we do one offer per site (there are enough that you don't run out) and then get legitimate referrals by trading, paying, or getting friends to sign up. It's really not hard to do this legitimately. People like you friend are committing fraud and DO GET CAUGHT. In fact, you should report him, because people like him make freebie companies close down, and then no-one can get free stuff.

MechSpike

03-12-2006 15:15:14

Ahhhh I see, I see that makes sense now, you do the referral system. My friend does the point system so he earns the points doing offers and then gets stuff. I understand better now. So you all do the referral system?

manOFice

03-12-2006 16:37:08

Is your friend on these boards?

MechSpike

03-12-2006 22:42:41

No, no he is just a friend from around where I live and he taught me how to use these sites and he was taught from another older fellow (26 I believe) so I was just wondering how all the stuff works because I figured it was the best way to input fake info and what not but I see how that isn't now...so thanks

Aristotle

04-12-2006 14:19:01

Yeah, fake data = bad idea

I do points and refs, all legit.

Maynard

05-12-2006 07:03:44

Is your friend's name MechSpike?

Excel

05-12-2006 09:37:23

[quote750af2ba7d]
because wouldn't they lock your account if you used the same info on the same offer on two different sites. For instance if you went onto yournintendowii4free.com and signed up for stamps.com with your real info and all. Then went on to prizes4points.com and signed up for the same offer with your real info. Wouldn't they lock your account because your the same person trying the same thing
[/quote750af2ba7d]

You see, those 2 sites are run by completely different people/companies. The only way they would know you did the offer twice is if they had contact with each other and were suspicious of you, or if the offer company contacted them and informed them that you did the offer twice.

If you do 2 sites in the same network like this, you WILL be caught. And even if you repeat offers with networks using the same affiliates, you will most likely be caught.

However, you shouldn't be concerned with getting caught, you should be concerned with frauding offers to begin with. Frauding offers is bad and thats why all the offers cost so damn much nowadays and why the payout rates keep getting worse and worse. People like your friend are despicable.

MechSpike

05-12-2006 22:37:47

No my friend is not named MechSpike -_- like I said I am completely new to all these websites. My friend told me about all of them and introduced me to them just the way I explained. I read after him telling me that that it wasn't good to use fake info so that is why I posted on here asking what people thought. Thank you for the input everyone and I understand better now. Sorry that my friend is a bad person or whatever for doing that, I can't exactly change what he does. I definitely will inform him of what I have learned here though, thanks.