what happens if use same computer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49132

thenowherekid

29-11-2006 00:20:42

my girlfriend and aunt were over, and they wanted to do this offer too. both of them only have dail up and they were over at my house and i have dsl. anyways i let them both use my laptop to register, and i've read that i could get penalized for that. that not really what i want to happen. any body knows what happens to that. thanks

JPeeper

29-11-2006 00:35:16

They can't use those accounts. 1 user per household. It is the most basic rule for freebie sites.

thenowherekid

29-11-2006 01:12:42

they do not live with me, they were just visiting. i love at home. they live at 2 other places. just wondering since they used my computer does that go against me

Aristotle

29-11-2006 04:17:18

umm, probably. Contact trainn and find out for sure, but you should NEVER sign up from the same computer. Since they each probably used different addresses and whatnot, perhaps it will be okay with trainn, but get in contact with them.

Lightliquid

29-11-2006 05:31:39

Im pretty sure they log IPs and that will prolly get you banned.

dmorris68

29-11-2006 07:08:07

Yes, that will be a problem. They track signups by IP. If you read the Terms beforehand, you would see that it most likely states, as nearly all do, that you cannot share a computer for signups.

jy3

29-11-2006 07:54:47

it is not where u live that matters to them, it is using the same IP address. If you use DSL and one used dialup then you likely have more than one IP address. This should not be continued b/c it could be thought that YOU signed up from your own house, once using dial up and once using dsl -> fraud.
we shall see what happens

thenowherekid

29-11-2006 22:41:51

well i emailed them so ill see what they have to say. dont want to screw things up

hamtaroking

30-11-2006 13:51:26

Why do you have to email them? 4 people + an admin already told you signing up from the same computer, from the same house will get your account put on hold. You are just going to waste Trainn's email support time when you already received your answer from here...

"anyways i let them both use my laptop to register,[b6c8f4d6dbc] and i've read that i could get penalized for that.[/b6c8f4d6dbc] that not really what i want to happen."

Sorry buddy but that is going to happen... There's no excuse to not follow the rules... plain and simple. When you first signed up, You [b6c8f4d6dbc]understand[/b6c8f4d6dbc] how this program works and [b6c8f4d6dbc]agree[/b6c8f4d6dbc] to[b6c8f4d6dbc] abide [/b6c8f4d6dbc]by the [b6c8f4d6dbc][u6c8f4d6dbc]Terms and Condition[/u6c8f4d6dbc][/b6c8f4d6dbc], so there's [b6c8f4d6dbc]no[/b6c8f4d6dbc] reason for you to question if it's "ok" for my girlfriend and aunt to sign up at my house/computer.

Yes I'm harsh, but it grinds my gears when people ask that question...

Crymson

30-11-2006 22:19:29

I'm going to piggyback on this thread...

A friend of mine signed up for the Wii site at his house, then the next day came over to my house with his laptop. He got on my wireless without me paying attention, and I looked at his screen and it had his Wii site on there, logged in, HOWEVER, he says he didn't hit any buttons, that he just opened it and it was still up from when he was at his house. So my question is, if he did hit a button, and he was logged in, would that be a problem, or do they only track the IP used to sign up with? Thanks

thenowherekid

30-11-2006 22:38:22

i just read the terms and conditions again. probably the 10th time i've read em. but it states nothing over using the same computer twice. at least not on the Wii's T & C it dont. It will be retarded if i cant get credit because it doesn't say that on the T and C.

hamtaroking

30-11-2006 23:21:06

5. Users may not have multiple accounts at multiple mailing addresses or [b903b82c8dd]IP Address[/b903b82c8dd].

If your girlfriend and aunt sign up for the trainn site from your computer at your house, then there is more than one account under your IP address = SAME IP address = MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. Simple as that. It is not retarded, it seems retarted to people who don't know this rule or don't have common sense...

hamtaroking

30-11-2006 23:22:34

[quotef5898dc16c="Crymson"]I'm going to piggyback on this thread...

A friend of mine signed up for the Wii site at his house, then the next day came over to my house with his laptop. He got on my wireless without me paying attention, and I looked at his screen and it had his Wii site on there, logged in, HOWEVER, he says he didn't hit any buttons, that he just opened it and it was still up from when he was at his house. So my question is, if he did hit a button, and he was logged in, would that be a problem, or do they only track the IP used to sign up with? Thanks[/quotef5898dc16c]

No, they track ALL the IPs you logged in. Not just the signing up ip.

Aristotle

01-12-2006 08:13:11

[quote5efaacca1f="hamtaroking"]
No, they track ALL the IPs you logged in. Not just the signing up ip.[/quote5efaacca1f]

Okay, this threads getting a little too hot. We know what the rules say, but Trainn could work with the guy that had multiple people sign up at his place, on his pc. Perhaps they will dq just two of the accounts. From personal experience, I had a guy, the same guy, sign up 4 accounts under me from his house, and they let it go. They put three on hold and let the 4th one go. So they may work with you, they may not.

And hatraoking, they may log all the IPs you log in with, but that will NOT affect whether or not you get put on hold. I sign up on an network where I know no one else signs up, but then I'll hook up on a network that my brother uses for Trainn sites. I'll even sign in on his computer, the one that he uses for doing this stuff. And I just got my 80gb iPod. Trainn has said before they don't care if you sign in on other peoples' computers.

hamtaroking

01-12-2006 09:40:33

Edit Sorry hopefully this makes a little more sense

[quotefe083cf6b9="hamtaroking"][quotefe083cf6b9="Aristotle"][quotefe083cf6b9="hamtaroking"]
No, they track ALL the IPs you logged in. Not just the signing up ip.[/quotefe083cf6b9]

Okay, this threads getting a little too hot. We know what the rules say, but Trainn could work with the guy that had multiple people sign up at his place, on his pc. [bfe083cf6b9]Perhaps they will dq just two of the accounts.[/bfe083cf6b9] From personal experience, I had a guy, the same guy, [bfe083cf6b9]sign up 4 accounts under me from his house, and they let it go.[/bfe083cf6b9] They put three on hold and let the 4th one go. So they may work with you, they may not. [/quotefe083cf6b9]

They don't DQ two accounts, but ALL accounts pertaining that IP. And as long as he did not complete an offer on more than one of those account he is fine...

[quotefe083cf6b9]And hatraoking, [bfe083cf6b9]they may log all the IPs you log in with, but that will NOT affect whether or not you get put on hold.[/bfe083cf6b9] I sign up on an network where I know no one else signs up, but then I'll hook up on a network that my brother uses for Trainn sites. I'll even sign in on his computer, the one that he uses for doing this stuff. And I just got my 80gb iPod. Trainn has said before they don't care if you sign in on other peoples' computers.[/quotefe083cf6b9]

Yes logging all IPs WILL affect whether or not you are DQ or not. You can log into 1,000 network/computers and still get your gift. As long as NONE of the IP matches up with another's trainn's account that did complete an offer... you are fine. BUT, if [bfe083cf6b9][ife083cf6b9]ONE[/ife083cf6b9][/bfe083cf6b9] of those computer/network you logged in or signed up had the same IP from another
(different) trainn's account, you WILL be DQ. In your case (Aristo), maybe you were lucky that your brother has a static IP, and when you logged in, his IP address changed the last time your brother logged in... who knows... Nonetheless, this situation is the same as the "no workplace, college campus rule" but Trainn will allow it. But do it at your own risk... You don't know if someone is going to sign up at the same workplace with the same ip address, etc, etc. Why risk it?[/quotefe083cf6b9]

dmorris68

01-12-2006 11:09:00

[quotef4ca7869fb="hamtaroking"]Yes logging all IPs WILL affect whether or not you are DQ or not. You can log into 1,000 network/computers and still get your gift. As long as NONE of the IP matches up with another's trainn's account that did complete an offer... If ONE of those computer/network you signed up from had the same IP from another trainn's account, you WILL be DQ. Maybe you were lucky that your brother has a static IP, and when you logged in, his IP address changed the last time your brother logged in... who knows... Nonetheless, this situation is the same as the "no workplace, college campus rule" but Trainn will allow it. But do it at your own risk... You don't know if someone is going to sign up at the same workplace with the same ip address, etc, etc. Why risk it?[/quotef4ca7869fb]
There may be some misunderstanding here. I'm not quite sure if I agree with you or not, as your wording seems a bit vague, so I'll restate.

There are NO sites I'm aware of that DQ based on [if4ca7869fb]logging in to check status[/if4ca7869fb] on different accounts from the same IP. This is allowed virtually everywhere AFAIK. What is NOT allowed is [if4ca7869fb]signing up[/if4ca7869fb] for the same site multiple times from the same IP. So a public PC being used for signup or completing offers is bad, but a public PC being used to login and check account status is not.

hamtaroking

01-12-2006 12:20:39

[quotea2a491da11="dmorris68"][quotea2a491da11="hamtaroking"]Yes logging all IPs WILL affect whether or not you are DQ or not. You can log into 1,000 network/computers and still get your gift. As long as NONE of the IP matches up with another's trainn's account that did complete an offer... If ONE of those computer/network you signed up from had the same IP from another trainn's account, you WILL be DQ. Maybe you were lucky that your brother has a static IP, and when you logged in, his IP address changed the last time your brother logged in... who knows... Nonetheless, this situation is the same as the "no workplace, college campus rule" but Trainn will allow it. But do it at your own risk... You don't know if someone is
going to sign up at the same workplace with the same ip address, etc, etc. Why risk it?[/quotea2a491da11]
There may be some misunderstanding here. I'm not quite sure if I agree with you or not, as your wording seems a bit vague, so I'll restate.

There are NO sites I'm aware of that DQ based on [ia2a491da11]logging in to check status[/ia2a491da11] on different accounts from the same IP. This is allowed virtually everywhere AFAIK. What is NOT allowed is [ia2a491da11]signing up[/ia2a491da11] for the same site multiple times from the same IP. So a public PC being used for signup or completing offers is bad, but a public PC being used to login and check account status is not.[/quotea2a491da11]

If you did a Free4Me sites in the past, you would know that Peter would put you on hold if he sees you logging in (not signing up, but logging in) with the same ip address of a different person's account.
[quotea2a491da11]
(3) Signups may not be from a public area such as a workplace, college campus, or library. A user may also not sign up to our site via a proxy, which includes ISPs such as AOL.[/quotea2a491da11]

This is what the Free4Me's Support said via support ticket when a person was on hold because of a similar situation like this

"You absolutley CANNOT login on the same ip on more than one account for the same site. This is considered fraud and you will stay on hold."
It's from A4F forums, so I can post the link if you want.

In addition, this is what Dave from 123stuffforfree.com

"What's important is that no one else who has an account on the same site as you [ba2a491da11]logs[/ba2a491da11] the same IP address as you."

Dave doesn't imply signing up, so I would think that logging in would in fact put you on hold. Thus I would not even risk doing it.

I'm not trying to win here, I'm trying to learn. And I did learn something. dmorris is right about Trainn that they don't DQ based on logging in, but it does NOT apply to all sites FYI. So I'm wrong in this thread... my bad.

dmorris68

01-12-2006 12:35:47

It may not apply to all sites, but it does to most. It seems lately that Peter/Free4Me looks for ANY reason whatsoever to DQ, and his sites' popularity has seemed to declined greatly in recent months. Note that his own TOS doesn't say anything about checking your account status from public PC's, it only forbids "signups." That's typical for other reports of Free4Me DQ's that aren't specifically accounted for in the TOS -- they just seem to make snap decisions on the fly sometimes without bothering to note them in the TOS.

I've point-blank asked other site owners, after I was told they didn't even allow status checks from shared IP's, and I was told that wasn't true -- if they put somebody on hold for "IP fraud" then it was because there was more than just a login for a status check done. Kerms was one of them I remember. I believe Jake from Freepay was another.

I'd like to ask Dave from 123 for clarification, because I'd be surprised if he meant it that way. We shouldn't just assume -- if there is any doubt or question, we should ask. It's just plain silly and bad for business to disallow any form of duplicate IP login just for checking status of an account. It does make sense for signups and offer completions, but not status checks.

And there's nothing whatsoever wrong about sharing your opinion or what you understand to be true, so no need to apologize. I'm not trying to win either, only to clarify what sounded like vague information on the subject. If there really ARE sites that will DQ for such a reason, I can assure you they are in the minority. MOST of the reputable sites would not do so.

Aristotle

01-12-2006 13:19:13

Okay, let's just remember that we are talking about Trainn here.

hamtaroking and everyone else, Trainn will NOT put you on hold for simply checking your status on someone's computer that has an account with them on the same site, and that has even completed offers for that site. I know! I have done it! And between last week and next week I will have received $950 worth of stuff from them.

As for signups, Trainn can be VERY understanding at times.

hamtaroking

01-12-2006 15:42:55

Ok dmorris thanks for clarifying some stuff with me. I was just too scared that I'd be one of those people who will say "OMG I'm on hold for no reason!!" Hence that's why I won't even bother to log in anywhere but my house. +1 karma for the fipg admin

Crymson

01-12-2006 17:28:34

So it sounds like im safe. Thanks guys. FYI, im on business day 5 of being approved for the Wii site (7/7 for premium package), and no approval yet. They said 5-7 business days tho, so I'm patient.

phatell41

01-12-2006 18:25:14

I'm on day 5 too, man I really hope they review it soon, I want to place the order as soon as I can!

Oogyboogawa

01-12-2006 18:58:41

You normally get approved on morning of the 9th business day(even though it says 5-7).

thenowherekid

01-12-2006 20:13:51

[quote64581a13b0="hamtaroking"]5. Users may not have multiple accounts at multiple mailing addresses or [b64581a13b0]IP Address[/b64581a13b0].

If your girlfriend and aunt sign up for the trainn site from your computer at your house, then there is more than one account under your IP address = SAME IP address = MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. Simple as that. It is not retarded, it seems retarted to people who don't know this rule or don't have common sense...[/quote64581a13b0]

Okay so correct me if i am wrong here. but multiple IP address means more than one. So if more than 1 person signs under one IP address then... that totally different then what they have stated. so for those who think the same IP twice is the same as 2 different IPs, why am i the retarded one? oh and for those who cant spell retarded in the first place, Use the SpellCheck, it works.

dmorris68

01-12-2006 20:30:24

Read it again it doesn't say "multiple IP addresses."

It says "[be000da827a]multiple mailing addresses[/be000da827a] or [be000da827a]IP Address.[/be000da827a] Note the "IP Address" is singular, not plural. Granted, not perfect grammer perhaps, but pretty clear nonetheless.

People should make an effort to understand how freebie sites work before pulling out the credit card and going to town. Just a small amount of searching or asking around to familiarize yourself with the process, as well as a thorough reading of the Terms & Conditions of each site, would have made this clear to you pretty quickly. This is Freebie 101 here. ;)

thenowherekid

07-12-2006 21:15:05

well you guys were right. dont get a wii or nothing now. says i violated terms. im screwed now

skateme

30-12-2006 13:33:48

i feel sorry for you. )