ATTN: Don't waste your time with this POS company.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46491

zeppelin2

30-09-2006 12:41:24

What kind of excuse can be given for the lack of credit for an offer that was completed Sept. 02, 2006?

Today is Sept. 30, 2006, and it's been exactly 3 weeks since I submitted a manual credit request (and 4 weeks since I actually did the offer).

Why doesn't somebody get off his or her lazy ass and give me the credit I deserve. If it takes this long for ME to get credit, I don't even want to think how long the wait would be if I were silly enough to complete the rest of the process.

[ub79b29fcd6]PS.[/ub79b29fcd6] To the owners responsible (irony!) for this site, don't base your system around
a) third party cookies that 99% of browsers AUTOMATICALLY BLOCK, and
b) a confirmation email as the only proof of completion since I'm assuming more than half of the advertisers DON'T EVEN SEND OUT CONFIRMATION EMAILS.

[ub79b29fcd6]PPS.[/ub79b29fcd6]If you haven't started such a site and are thinking about it, I HIGHLY recommend you go to your local Costco or wherever and pick one up there. At least you'll be able to enjoy the damned thing.

dmorris68

30-09-2006 12:45:56

roll

Trainn is one of the highest quality and most popular freebie sites around.

[quotef98ca83cf3]a) third party cookies that 99% of browsers AUTOMATICALLY BLOCK, and [/quotef98ca83cf3]
Browsers don't block ANY cookies unless they're configured to do so, and you should know when doing freebie sites to always allow ALL cookies. It's a basic rule across all freebie sites, so quite honestly you screwed yourself on that one. How is it that the thousands of us who do Trainn sites have little or no problems? Yes, they've been slow to credit, and I've had to request a couple of manuals, but they always came through.

ilanbg

30-09-2006 12:46:16

Before making accusations I suggest you learn how freesites work.

zr2152

30-09-2006 12:53:09

hey i got paid $250 today from trainn,

cause i know how to use freebie sites )

zeppelin2

30-09-2006 14:05:02

Awsome - just the types of responses I was looking for.

If you freebie site "know it alls" only knew half as much about internet security, then you would understand that blocking third party cookies is a widely used privacy practise used on the internet. In fact, I've never run into a problem with 3rd party cookies disabled, even on sites that heavily depend on cookies. Mind pointing me to a link where Trainn willingly indicates the importance of allowing ALL cookies?

[quotebc9d732313="dmorris68"]

Trainn is one of the highest quality and most popular freebie sites around.[/quotebc9d732313]
Perhaps that's true, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe the 'quality' of freebie sites isn't that high to begin with? What are we comparing this to, Freepay? Pardon me, but I believe now it's my turn to roll my eyes roll

[quotebc9d732313="dmorris68"]How is it that the thousands of us who do Trainn sites have little or no problems? Yes, they've been slow to credit, and I've had to request a couple of manuals, but they always came through.[/quotebc9d732313]
By the sound of it, you have more experience with these sites than I. If you're doing everything by the book and you still run into problems, then doesn't that mean there could be a problem with the source (ie. Trainn)?

Regardless of how I completed my offer initially, do you really think that an additional wait time of 3 weeks and counting is really good business practise? Do you really expect me to praise this company for their service and efforts, when really all they have to do is keep come form of communication on a regular basis with their advertisers?

[quotebc9d732313="ilanbg"]Before making accusations I suggest you learn how freesites work.[/quotebc9d732313]
What's there to learn? Are we talking about how the only reason freesites exist is because they make their profit through end users like us, yet we're supposed to take the approach that they're doing it out of the good of their heart? Or are we talking about that according to the Trainn site, you click an offer, enter your personal info, and voila, the offer will "usually credit instantly".

Again, I'd be more than happy to read some official instructions that guarantee approval as it was intended.

[quotebc9d732313="zr2152"]hey i got paid $250 today from trainn,

cause i know how to use freebie sites )[/quotebc9d732313]
Congrats, if only I was so fortunate.

ilanbg

30-09-2006 14:22:20

[quotedbe544228c]Awsome - just the types of responses I was looking for. [/quotedbe544228c]
What exactly were you expecting? "Oh man, you're totally right! Freesites [idbe544228c]are[/idbe544228c] a scam! Despite the thousands of dollars I've/we've made, your single, flawed post has enlightened me. Thank you." Something along those lines, perhaps?

[quotedbe544228c="zeppelin2"][quotedbe544228c="ilanbg"]Before making accusations I suggest you learn how freesites work.[/quotedbe544228c]
What's there to learn?[/quotedbe544228c]

Considering you've posted a bunch of questions and frustrations, apparently a lot. Might I suggest you read the FAQs?

dmorris68

30-09-2006 14:48:03

[quotebd68f9119b="zeppelin2"]If you freebie site "know it alls" only knew half as much about internet security, then you would understand that blocking third party cookies is a widely used privacy practise used on the internet. [/quotebd68f9119b]
LOL, I'm just quoting this. Because it amuses me. ;)

Darkside

30-09-2006 15:14:54

I'm two weeks since manual request. Help Alan

zeppelin2

30-09-2006 15:41:58

I'd still be more than happy to read the section in the FAQ where it mentions cookies.

Perhaps an important 3rd party cookie was blocked when I originally did the offer, but that still doesn't account for the lack of response that followed. There's no way it should take that long.

And no, I have a right to be unhappy. You can infer that I'm the idiot all you like, but that still doesn't hide the fact that there's a problem with the current system. I have a feeling I'm not the only one expressing these frustrations.

Trainn-Alan

30-09-2006 16:19:18

I don't know how much clearer this message on the missing credit request form can be

[quote82b9a5c7e9][b82b9a5c7e9]Please paste your confirmation email with full headers below. Requests that do not include either piece of information will not be pursued until the additional information is provided.[/b82b9a5c7e9][/quote82b9a5c7e9]

The filing requirements are there for a reason. They're not there to fill up space nor is it optional whether or not you want to follow them if you expect us to pursue the request. They're listed as requirements because they are required for us to obtain the manual verification.

The only reason your missing credit wouldn't have been verified within the stated 10 business days is if [b82b9a5c7e9]YOU[/b82b9a5c7e9] didn't follow the instructions listed on the page.

Alan

jy3

30-09-2006 16:40:59

[quote168eff741c="Trainn-Alan"]I don't know how much clearer this message on the missing credit request form can be

[quote168eff741c][b168eff741c]Please paste your confirmation email with full headers below. Requests that do not include either piece of information will not be pursued until the additional information is provided.[/b168eff741c][/quote168eff741c]

The filing requirements are there for a reason. They're not there to fill up space nor is it optional whether or not you want to follow them if you expect us to pursue the request. They're listed as requirements because they are required for us to obtain the manual verification.

The only reason your missing credit wouldn't have been verified within the stated 10 business days is if [b168eff741c]YOU[/b168eff741c] didn't follow the instructions listed on the page.

Alan[/quote168eff741c]

pwnd!
seriously, though, trainn is the bomb. i am lovin my $500 i got from them last week )

Darkside

30-09-2006 18:18:01

[quotef50ab510c9="Trainn-Alan"]I don't know how much clearer this message on the missing credit request form can be

[quotef50ab510c9][bf50ab510c9]Please paste your confirmation email with full headers below. Requests that do not include either piece of information will not be pursued until the additional information is provided.[/bf50ab510c9][/quotef50ab510c9]

The only reason your missing credit wouldn't have been verified within the stated 10 business days is if [bf50ab510c9]YOU[/bf50ab510c9] didn't follow the instructions listed on the page.

Alan[/quotef50ab510c9]

I understand that and I couldn't find the confirmation email at the time. About 2days later I sent an email to CS containg the confirmation email and my request ID. I included full headers.

zeppelin2

30-09-2006 21:24:27

Hi Alan,

Nice to hear from you. Can you please explain what I am to do in my situation, as the company Video Professor, as listed on your site, does NOT send out confirmation emails. I repeat, NO EMAILS.

I had no problems with the signup process - I got my product and everything. So it seems that I successfully completed my share of the deal. At one point, before I received my package from them, I called in and confirmed that the signup went through at their and, and indeed it did. I asked why I didn't get a confirmation email and their response was simple "We don't send out confirmation emails". Now, I hope that's clear.

Now, as far as the instructions go, I didn't have an email to paste, but I did take a screenshot with the page that showed up after I signed up. Weird, seems as if your system isn't sophisticated enough to allow for attachments. Instead, rather than leave it blank, I inputted the exact URL that showed up after completing the offer, the same URL that is visible in the screenshot. I don't see what else I could have done at that point.

I'm very interested to hear what you have to say.

Matt

Daggoth

30-09-2006 22:02:24

Request a confirmation email from the offer.

Rewman

30-09-2006 23:37:59

heh I've done at LEAST 5 sites with Trainn, and have gotten the check in the mail EVERY time.

Credit sometimes they miss it, but I ALWAYS got manual credit. I don't know what to tell ya man...but language like (POS...) is unnecessary except when talking about freepay...

I FINISHED THAT freepay PSP SITE IN MARCH and just went STV...wow.